Newbie 1339 - Game Over! (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:37 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

@Mod-Can we get a prod/replacement on the inactives please? This game isn't going to go anywhere without them.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 125, fuzzybutternut wrote:
@Mod-Can we get a prod/replacement on the inactives please? This game isn't going to go anywhere without them.

Agreeing with this.
I was iffy at first, but you're a cool guy.
kitiekatt
kitiekatt
Townie
kitiekatt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by kitiekatt »

I'm here now, my meatworld weekend got away from me. I've read quickly but I am literally headed out the door. I don't know if I should stay in here, I'm in two games at once and that may not have been such a good idea. As I'm sure you can tell, I think the posting quota or even expecting people to post a ton is not a good idea. I'm more available on weekends, except for this one, and holidays. I'm working about 14 hrs/day Mon-Thurs. So that's how things look for me in terms of posting. Will try to come on later tonight and give reads, or if you guys would rather I replace out I can do that too.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:44 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 127, kitiekatt wrote:I'm here now, my meatworld weekend got away from me. I've read quickly but I am literally headed out the door. I don't know if I should stay in here, I'm in two games at once and that may not have been such a good idea. As I'm sure you can tell, I think the posting quota or even expecting people to post a ton is not a good idea. I'm more available on weekends, except for this one, and holidays. I'm working about 14 hrs/day Mon-Thurs. So that's how things look for me in terms of posting. Will try to come on later tonight and give reads, or if you guys would rather I replace out I can do that too.

If you'd like to replace out, but can't be on to do it, just leave a note here and the mod will replace you. :)
Thanks for the update though.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
kuror0
kuror0
Mafia Scum
kuror0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by kuror0 »

Well, the only one really proddable is Nacho at this point i think. I hope kitie either finds time to keep up with the game or gets replaced, an inactive slot is very hurtfull for town.

VOTE: Nabber

I think Varsoon is actually town and i will keep an eye on those that voted him after i did.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 37, RandomYoshi wrote:
In post 36, Varsoon wrote:In fact, if you were town, wouldn't you want to discuss things that might possibly lead to our success?

Yes, of course I'd want to discuss things that are beneficial for us Townies to win. I just wanted you to highlight how it could be contributing to our success as Town. In fact, all I wanted to know was your mindset behind the topics you brought up. Now that you have explained satisfactorily how it can help our success as Town, my question has been thoroughly answered.

I noticed you adjusting your phrasing to "us Townies" after Varsoon stated that you were referring to the town as you weren't part of it before, which is not necessarily a scumtell I subscribe to, but the adjustment itself/lack of response to this accusation is not something I find myself to be a huge fan of.

In post 38, Varsoon wrote:We should hold a quota of so many posts per real-time day. Falling under the quota doesn't benefit town at all, and so those are people we can lynch if we don't agree on a definitive mafia target.

Some people will post less regardless of the quota, scum or town, and thus this does not necessarily help the town out in any way. Lots of activity is nice, but instead of making activity boosting a central part of the game, it's better just to engage and be active yourself. Activity hunting is something everyone can do regardless of alignment.

In post 80, fuzzybutternut wrote:I'm not too happy with his posts, tbh. And everyone saying "oh he's definitely town" doesn't help it. You call scum town, they will continue to act town. I just recently made that mistake myself. Never believe someone is completely town.

okay cool but people are calling him town for a reason.
why do you think that he is scum?

In post 97, Varsoon wrote:
In post 95, Nobody Special wrote:I find Varsoon very suspect for not finding me scummy, but rather pointing out that scum could use me for an easy target. Could be a scumslip.

unvote

Vote: Varsoon

See what I said about reads?
Scum's just trying to turn town on itself.
If you scum make town lynch me, it will only turn out poorly, because then town will see how obvious it was that they were being manipulated.

Sorry about saying that you'd be an easy target. I'm just trying to pre-empt any scum moves.

you're reacting too strongly
calm.

In post 127, kitiekatt wrote:I'm here now, my meatworld weekend got away from me. I've read quickly but I am literally headed out the door. I don't know if I should stay in here, I'm in two games at once and that may not have been such a good idea. As I'm sure you can tell, I think the posting quota or even expecting people to post a ton is not a good idea. I'm more available on weekends, except for this one, and holidays. I'm working about 14 hrs/day Mon-Thurs. So that's how things look for me in terms of posting. Will try to come on later tonight and give reads, or if you guys would rather I replace out I can do that too.

If you can keep up consistently with one post per day, you'll be completely fine.

Meanwhile,
Vote: RandomYoshi

He turned on Varsoon too quickly, and I haven't really liked all of the fence-sitting/lack of actual scumhunting that he's done so far.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I'm going to retract my scumread on him for now and
UNVOTE:
My interaction with him moved him toward town more.

What's with the vote on Nabber?
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

why are you retracting your varsoon scumread?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

I can generally read people better once I've interacted with them.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That didn't come close to answering my question. Why do you think he's town?

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Actually, it did. Read my vote again. I had no prior knowledge when I came into the game, having never played with him. My initial instinct said he was scum, after interaction, I realize he's just newb.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: fuzzybutternut

What did he say that made you believe that he was town?
This is not hard, this is not difficult. Stop dodging questions.

fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:26 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

*sigh* it's not what he said, it's what he did. I'm not dodging questions. Read my answer and you'd understand.
Your vote doesn't scare me, BTW.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i don't care if it scares you or not
it's not supposed to scare you

what did he do?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

you said it could be a newb tell, but when you voted for him, it was more likely it was a scum tell
what did he do that made you think that it was NOT a scum tell anymore?

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 130, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 37, RandomYoshi wrote:
In post 36, Varsoon wrote:In fact, if you were town, wouldn't you want to discuss things that might possibly lead to our success?

Yes, of course I'd want to discuss things that are beneficial for us Townies to win. I just wanted you to highlight how it could be contributing to our success as Town. In fact, all I wanted to know was your mindset behind the topics you brought up. Now that you have explained satisfactorily how it can help our success as Town, my question has been thoroughly answered.

I noticed you adjusting your phrasing to "us Townies" after Varsoon stated that you were referring to the town as you weren't part of it before, which is not necessarily a scumtell I subscribe to, but the adjustment itself/lack of response to this accusation is not something I find myself to be a huge fan of.

If it's something that you aren't such a huge fan of, why are you even going with it? And yeah, I do realise I could have pointed out how ridiculous the accusation was. Sadly, I was tired at the moment of writing that post so I didn't really that that into account.

In post 130, Nachomamma8 wrote:
He turned on Varsoon too quickly, and I haven't really liked all of the fence-sitting/lack of actual scumhunting that he's done so far.

I'm not used to games immediately starting off with a non-game related conversation (the posting quota) so I wasn't quite sure on how to get things started. However, as soon as fuzzy made the first game-related move (voting somebody), I felt obliged to go after what he said.

@fuzzy:
How can you deduce somebody is Town for getting reads out of next to nothing?
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 140, RandomYoshi wrote:If it's something that you aren't such a huge fan of, why are you even going with it? And yeah, I do realise I could have pointed out how ridiculous the accusation was. Sadly, I was tired at the moment of writing that post so I didn't really that that into account.

When I say I'm not a huge fan of something, I mean that the thing is scummy. And why does fatigue make you hold defending yourself over calling out shitty attacks?

In post 140, RandomYoshi wrote:I'm not used to games immediately starting off with a non-game related conversation (the posting quota) so I wasn't quite sure on how to get things started. However, as soon as fuzzy made the first game-related move (voting somebody), I felt obliged to go after what he said.

I don't understand why.

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 141, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 140, RandomYoshi wrote:If it's something that you aren't such a huge fan of, why are you even going with it? And yeah, I do realise I could have pointed out how ridiculous the accusation was. Sadly, I was tired at the moment of writing that post so I didn't really that that into account.

When I say I'm not a huge fan of something, I mean that the thing is scummy. And why does fatigue make you hold defending yourself over calling out shitty attacks?
When I'm tired, I can't think clearly. It's literally that simple.

In post 141, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 140, RandomYoshi wrote:I'm not used to games immediately starting off with a non-game related conversation (the posting quota) so I wasn't quite sure on how to get things started. However, as soon as fuzzy made the first game-related move (voting somebody), I felt obliged to go after what he said.

I don't understand why.
fuzzy made the ball rolling. That was what made me think he was Town. But, I don't know if I should trust that read at the moment.
This is not a signature. | This is your daily reminder to worship the dancing sandwich.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 142, RandomYoshi wrote:When I'm tired, I can't think clearly. It's literally that simple.

so why didn't you bring up the shitty attack on you when you were awake and clear-thinking again?

In post 142, RandomYoshi wrote:fuzzy made the ball rolling. That was what made me think he was Town. But, I don't know if I should trust that read at the moment.

I'd suggest you start being more independent and stop sheeping people's thoughts just because you think they are town.

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:39 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

In post 143, Nachomamma8 wrote:
so why didn't you bring up the shitty attack on you when you were awake and clear-thinking again?

How in the world would I have been able to think that when I wasn't clear-thinking? But anyway, I get what you're saying. It was a stupid move on my part.
In post 143, Nachomamma8 wrote:
I'd suggest you start being more independent and stop sheeping people's thoughts just because you think they are town.

After thinking about it, yeah, it's stupid to sheep people's thoughts because I think they're town. That way, I can't actually defend my cases and my points seem forced.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

okay so what are your reads right now

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:42 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

give me some time to ISO and i'll form some coherent reads
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

do it before you get tired ;)

RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:57 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

something to ponder:

fuzzy is agreeing with reads left and right

— "Everyone else is pretty much the same as you."
— "I see what you mean about Yoshi, though. It's more of a newb-tell right now, though."

he still hasn't explained his sudden read flip on varsoon.

also:
— "The fact that you're deducing reads from little to nothing gives me a town read on you."

are you using second person to make it seem more ... idk, personal? welcome-y?

all in all, null leaning toward scum

i'm starting to get unsure about ang, but his to my seems odd

like, i get that i could have formatted the post better, but i still indicated that the quote was something i used to back up my question to varsoon

idk about nacho yet

Nachomamma8 wrote:do it before you get tired ;)

it's 2 pm

why would i get tired when it's 2 pm
RandomYoshi
RandomYoshi
Goon
RandomYoshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:04 am

Post by RandomYoshi »

wait i'm almost certain that is a huge buddying post atm

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”