Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

Oh, okay, that makes more sense. I just assumed you never played at Westeros because nobody with your name is a member of the discussion board.

~Zar.
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:30 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 3, Votecount 9

ChannelDeliBird (2) - Benmage, camn
Equinox (5) - ChannelDelibird, BT, Nostredeus, Plessiezarus, Shaft

BT (1) - kuribo

Not voting (5) :
Cerulean, JasonT1981, Zdenek, Equinox, Deasvail

• With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 9th of March at 17:15pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-09 13:15:28)
  • Nostredeus is V/la

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:02 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2267, Plessiezarus wrote:DV -- if BT is your top scum-read, why are you not voting him? Why do you have to know how interested people would be in a BT lynch first?

Um, I don't know. I don't think a vote at this point particularly matters and I'm not really sure I want to go against the Equinox wagon, but I suppose I may as well.

Vote: BT

And I don't know to that either. I would like to get people thinking about the possibility of a BT lynch though.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 am

Post by BT »

I don't feel like posting five times so you get this artificially split wall-post.

~*~

RE: Kise's fullclaim

I could see why people would gut this as town, I guess? The whole "Faradaymod saw it, so it's likely he put it in his setup over Kise choosing to fakeclaim it" thing makes sense though I'm not 100% sold yet. This day will likely have a different wagon going anyway.

~*~

In post 2257, kuribo wrote:My gut still tells me BT is scum, and even though Ben took it upon himself to try and poke holes in my case for BT, I can't really say that I've ever been that good at building cases anyway.

Mmm, okay doc, what makes you gut me as scum besides that one time I thought you were scum? I feel like you haven't revisited that / any of my play and you probably should. Worst case scenario, you end up building a better case, so it's all good.

~*~

In post 2265, Equinox wrote:So far, I've read the first 3 pages and from page 80 onward. I'll take some time out today to read flipped scum, check out cases, and find out what the hell is going on with all the claims. For now, though, I'm inclined to think BT is town based on behavior that seemed genuine, though I'm interested in hearing BT's response to DeasVail, so an explanation will come after that's done. I have no idea why there's a wagon on ChannelDelibird. If the reason is in one of camn's spoiler tags, it's gone forever. He seems like town, though? Even if I can't put a finger on why.

Out of everyone else, I wouldn't lynch jasonT1981 or kuribo. Based on posts, Plessiezarus looks like town, but I'm putting a hold on that until I see Ser Arthur Dayne's and Tammy's opinions on the Zar head. Okay, that was an impressive list, huzzah.

"Nice list of townreads." I'm actually giving this more town points than scum points considering as scum I'd expect him to hurry and find material to lynch over instead of townreading the other wagons. Not so strong considering he might treat the wagon on him as final (considering how this day went so far), but I'll stay tuned for his scumreads at the moment.

~*~

Okay DV, some of the stuff during my reread between D2 and D3 made me lean town (early D1 posts IIRC), but now you're being weird again.

In post 2260, DeasVail wrote:-In I make an accusation against BT that is completely untrue. (This was unintentional by the way) Yet, in he doesn't have a problem with this. This is not how I would expect town to think. If town has reason to think X is scum, and I come in and say "You have no reason to think X is scum!", wouldn't the natural reaction be "Hey! I totes do!"? Instead you just get this placating stuff.

If you actually take the time to read the paragraph, I accuse you of making no sense and saying things for the sake of saying them. Not only is that far from "placating", but it also means that for the most part, I had no idea what you were trying to say. IIRC, I thought you accused me of comparing kuribo to sotty when I had a lot more reason to suspect the former (this is how I replied to that post). So yeah, if I'd known you were accusing me of that (something completely different), I probably would have reacted that way. It's like you didn't take the time to read my reply and instead handwaved it as "that placating stuff", which gives you no points from me.

In post 2260, DeasVail wrote:
- is another that just feels designed to placate and as I said before, the focus is on addressing all the points. Some he doesn't really have anything to say, but he still says
something

Aaaaand there is nothing wrong with this. Me wanting to reply to everything means I wanted to reason with that townread as much as possible. I could argue that scum making the extra effort to reply to everything they can puts them at unneeded risk -- it really isn't telling of anything.

In post 2260, DeasVail wrote:Admittedly it's not that strong, but with abundant townreads and a lack of scumreads that's pretty much how it has to be. I also don't really see any reason for him to be town, but if anyone would like to provide that for me clearly, that would be amazing.

This is you telling people to excuse your weak D3 reads instead of going out and making them better.

In post 2260, DeasVail wrote:Now, TML. I'm still not sure on him. The general reasoning is the kind of thing that sounds good, but I feel it could easily be something a player gets mislynched over. I'm kind of waiting to make up my mind on this slot, but people's willingness to lynch BT would be much appreciated.

You said nothing outside of "TML is a major scumread" in regards to his wagon and now you're casting doubt on it with no drawbacks. It's also weird that you garner interest in a wagon you expressed a weak conviction to, specifically noting that it isn't a strong stance and that people are welcome to prove you wrong. ... Really, I wish I was making this up.

I remember you being all sorts of unhelpful during Mafiastuck, but I don't think I actively disliked your posts then. In fact, considering you got your main scumread lynched D2 and it was a town flip, why didn't town!you express some sort of drive to reread and find where you went wrong? Instead all you're doing is following up on your suspicion of me from D2 (whom your wrongly flipped scumread read as "damnnnnnnn, town to the max") and being weird around the main wagon of the day. SAD seems like nothing but a void in your list of scumreads now as you're not making an effort to find the real scum. I accuse you, DeasVail, of not giving a crap about mislynching a member of the town. ... Actually, reading your ISO, you expressed the same kind of weak read when voting SAD. Which is bad in a different way, because you're essentially coasting on weak reads all game, which excuses you from caring that much when it turns out you're wrong. If you're town, show me that you really are trying to find scum instead of floating through the game, because the only reason I'm not listing you as scum (and haven't listed you as scum all game) is the same kind of "mislynch material" paranoia you talked about in regards to TML.

~*~

In post 2269, camn wrote:I like DVs commentary on BT more than I like the Librarian/equinox wagon.

I was going to ask you to explain how a self-admittedly weak commentary outweighs multiple cases that had people nodding heads to for half the day, but then I remembered that you were never on the TML wagon. In fact:

In post 2121, camn wrote:
The Mini-Librarian
#307 could be a bus..some mild suspicion.. a rather quick jump to a wagon on likely town..but I am a fan of his D2 play. I think
TOWN

In post 2244, camn wrote:@nos-
Considering alternative lynches is a positive thing for the town. The TML wagon doesn't need my vote... and we all need more varied conversation.

???
If you read TML as town and think CDB is scum, why are you showing signs that you might join the wagon?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:38 am

Post by Zdenek »

Don't prod me.

I'm actually reading. :)
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 am

Post by camn »

What signs?

Though ftr, I will generally endorse a Lynch on my townreads over a NO Lynch.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Zdenek »

DV do you remember why you voted CDB way back in the game?
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:43 am

Post by BT »

In post 2280, camn wrote:What signs?

Though ftr, I will generally endorse a Lynch on my townreads over a NO Lynch.

Saying "I like THIS over THAT" usually implies you're considering or were considering both choices.
Saying "this wagon doesn't need my vote" implies you would have been on the wagon if it wasn't as packed, though I guess I misread this if you meant "if the wagon needs my vote to avoid NL".
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2281, Zdenek wrote:DV do you remember why you voted CDB way back in the game?

I think it was for not liking his semi-serious vote on UberNinja. I don't think much of it anymore though.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:49 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2267, Plessiezarus wrote:kuribo -- were you really voting for TML for no other reason than your belief he was regularly mislynched and would be reacting differently now if town? And was this belief so nebulous that you're now completely dropping it? Did you not think to check your own link before providing it as an example?

Partially the case made against him, but alot of it was the fact that I believed he would fight his own lynch. Flaking sitewide changes that, obviously. I was perfectly fine to hop onto the wagon and see if he made with any of the good stuff. (and no, I don't believe in stating that my vote is for pressure because when you do that, you remove the pressure)

BT, on the other hand, has been fucking ghost mode since the TML wagon started. I don't think the two parts of this sentence are unrelated. He was all about everything when I wanted him lynched. SAD gets lynched instead, BT sees TML getting run up and disappears? Fuck that noise. Ben had made me doubt my read on BT--- and to an extent, so did BT--- but the disappearing act doesn't sit well in my colon.

My read on Nos has wavered quite a bit, but I definitely still want BT thrown against the wall.

Nope, sure didn't check my own link, trusted my memory.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:50 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2278, BT wrote:Mmm, okay doc, what makes you gut me as scum besides that one time I thought you were scum? I feel like you haven't revisited that / any of my play and you probably should. Worst case scenario, you end up building a better case, so it's all good.

see, at least now you're posting, all it took was voting you

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

kuribo, how does your uneasiness about BT's activity contrast (or otherwise) with your opinion on Benmage's vote on me?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 am

I mean, I don't know why I'm asking you, you're town. But I feel like I can't let that lie.
#greenshirtthursdays
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:51 am

Post by kuribo »

Deas, you haven't posted in the neighborhood in like a week, get in there, I'm lonely

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:52 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2286, ChannelDelibird wrote:kuribo, how does your uneasiness about BT's activity contrast (or otherwise) with your opinion on Benmage's vote on me?

because Benmage is being a complete idiot in this game for some reason and I've completely dismissed the idea of him doing anything rational for the duration

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:53 am

I guess I'm going to have to read BT
again
but I'm pretty sure that Equinox is the better vote. I'm confident in my own case and the way that nearly everyone else seens to have narrowed their reads down to a position where he more or less has to be scum ... it feels right.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

In post 2289, kuribo wrote:
In post 2286, ChannelDelibird wrote:kuribo, how does your uneasiness about BT's activity contrast (or otherwise) with your opinion on Benmage's vote on me?

because Benmage is being a complete idiot in this game for some reason and I've completely dismissed the idea of him doing anything rational for the duration

Well, OK, the word 'Benmage' is the least relevant part of the quote. What I'm asking is; people have made the argument you're making on BT about me. Do you think I'm suspicious?

Why am I even asking this?
#greenshirtthursdays
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Cerulean »

Just a quick post. I think I have something to respond to, but I'll get to that later. I feel like crap and my eyes are burning too much to really read anything right now.

Equinox - Paranoia aside pless is a strong town read. Your slot has been a strong town read of ours as well, but pless made a decent case that negates some of what I thought was town. Unfortunately he site flaked before addressing the points on him.

Okay nap time. Get to this later.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:55 am

Post by BT »

DV, do you think there was scum on the SAD wagon?

kuribo, I was the one who started running up TML but that's unrelated -- do you think it unreasonable that I had more drive when I was getting wagoned / the game was more active? This day has been kind of uneventful so me losing that drive isn't a big surprise. I had it until the start of the day, at least.
BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 am

Post by BT »

In post 2285, kuribo wrote:
In post 2278, BT wrote:Mmm, okay doc, what makes you gut me as scum besides that one time I thought you were scum? I feel like you haven't revisited that / any of my play and you probably should. Worst case scenario, you end up building a better case, so it's all good.

see, at least now you're posting, all it took was voting you

You could still do this, you know
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:58 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2291, ChannelDelibird wrote:Well, OK, the word 'Benmage' is the least relevant part of the quote. What I'm asking is; people have made the argument you're making on BT about me. Do you think I'm suspicious?

Why am I even asking this?

differenlt levels of activity and different responses are expected from different people

I have a town read on you right now, it's not rock solid, but I have other people I'd rather see roped.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2294, BT wrote:You could still do this, you know

don't mock me, don't be all smug just because ben thought he shot holes in my case for you

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:00 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 2293, BT wrote:do you think it unreasonable that I had more drive when I was getting wagoned / the game was more active?

yuuuuuuup asure do

BT
BT
Goon
BT
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:05 am

Post by BT »

In post 2296, kuribo wrote:
In post 2294, BT wrote:You could still do this, you know

don't mock me, don't be all smug just because ben thought he shot holes in my case for you

Not mocking you, telling you to revisit your read

In post 2297, kuribo wrote:
In post 2293, BT wrote:do you think it unreasonable that I had more drive when I was getting wagoned / the game was more active?

yuuuuuuup asure do

Taking my posts seriously would be nice
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 am

Post by kuribo »

be atot easier if i wasn't on muscle relaxants

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”