/in-vitational 12: Mafia in #YOLOville - All wrapped up!

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:12 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Why would he want to stay out of the limelight?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

In post 523, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 522, CrashTextDummie wrote:N has failed to contribute anything of worth to the proceedings for the majority of the day (up until his wagon started). He did voice weak support for the Llamarble wagon or a Johhog wagon, but he did not do so with his vote, electing instead to sit pretty on a useless Nachovote. He refused to take a stance on the penguin wagon.

Why does any of this make him scum?

I shouldn't need to explain to you why his stance on these wagons was scummy, this is a fairly standard scum ploy. It keeps his hands clean and his options open irregardless of what the player in question eventually flips. As for his lack of contribution, it's anti-town in itself in that it doesn't help the town and only serves to make himself hard to read. What do you make of the fact that he seemingly changed up his playstyle in this game for purely survivalistic reasons? He claims that his lack of actions are designed to keep him from getting lynched, which serves a scum-agenda a lot more than it does a town-agenda.

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 522, CrashTextDummie wrote:There was actually a decided spike in activity from him ever since he has come under attack, he seemed to have cared quite a lot about this "bullshit case". His contributions continue to be shallow though. There is no evidence that his vote on me is anything but OMGUS, and the same goes for the rest of his suspicions (sans Nacho).

Of course there was a spike in activity from him when people started giving him more things to respond to; that doesn't mean he gives a shit about the wagon on him. There is no evidence that his vote on you is anything but OMGUS, but that doesn't matter as far as his alignment is concerned. Why do you think he sprung for you instead of the penguin wagon? Do you think he's afraid to bus?

Of course it matters as far as his alignment is concerned. He has zero legitimate suspects on page 22 of D1. Zero. He is not scumhunting. As for your questions, I'd be surprised at this point if penguin-alien flipped scum.

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 522, CrashTextDummie wrote:He has refused to answer more than one direct request for reads he claims to have.

Why do this as scum?

Better question: why do this as town? I hate this line of defense because a)this isn't a game of mind reading and scum can and will do anything for all kinds of reasons and b) the fact in itself that people take this line of thinking seriously can motivate scum (in)actions. Lack of town motivation is a much better gauge of alignment than lack of scum motivation.

Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 522, CrashTextDummie wrote:You are clearly paying a lot of attention.

Why do you treat Shadoweh like she's misguided town in that quote?

I am not. I was indicating that we were done talking to each other and gave my reasons why.

Nachomamma8 wrote:Why aren't you voting her?

Again, you are clearly paying a lot of attention.

----------

In post 525, N wrote:
In post 522, CrashTextDummie wrote:a useless Nachovote

scumbuddies

What did you accomplish with your Nacho vote? What use did it serve? This is not a defense.

----------

Johhog wrote:I could get behind a CTD lynch though. I think he's pretty clearly trying to stay out of the limelight by asking pseudo-scumhunting questions, that hardly can be used to actually lure out the scum.

Please give concrete examples of me asking pseudo-scumhunting questions. The accusation that I'm "clearly trying to stay out of the limelight" is patently ridiculous because I've clearly been very pro-active in trying to get wagons going and have been very vocal with my suspicions.

If this is going to be another one of these games where everyone I've attacked over the day starts to pile their votes on me as we approach deadline and the rest of the town goes along with it because they don't know fuck else to do, I'm going to rage.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 545, Vi wrote:Hey Benvolio, what's your take on pengualien?

Town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:04 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 547, Vi wrote:Actually I'm amused by how well the Scum According To Empire corresponds to the activity overview. N might actually be Town, and then we'd be left with the four top lurkers as the four scum.

...it would be funny, anyway. (>")>

The list you said was good. Minus yourself, why are you solely lurker hunting?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 am

Even Vi is staying off the CTDwagon; that's how anti-town it is.

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Vi »

In post 548, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You're really going to pretend there are 4 scum, Vi?
:?

Sure!

In post 552, Benmage wrote:
In post 545, Vi wrote:Hey Benvolio, what's your take on pengualien?
Town.
Why.

The list you said was good. Minus yourself, why are you solely lurker hunting?
I'm a geocacher; I hunt lurking things all the time with various degrees of success.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 pm

In post 555, Vi wrote:
In post 548, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:You're really going to pretend there are 4 scum, Vi?
:?

Sure!

*gasp* Smiley tell! I must I appreciate this performance.

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Post by Tierce »

Vi is not being fluffy enough. Benvolio is a terrible pick for Benmage. Plus, that means he survives, and
yuck

I was about to ask a cool question, then the votecount turned it into a boring question. So you get another boringish question as I ignore Messieurs Quote Stripes CrashTextMamma8. Tammy, the hot date with Big Blue should be over by now--thoughts on the wagons?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by Faraday »

Day 1, Votecount 23

penguin_alien (3) - Deasvail, Konowa, Shadoweh
Johhog (1) -Tammy
N (5) - Tierce, Vi, CrashTextDummie, Empire, penguin_alien

Vi (2) - Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum
CrashTextDummie (5) - WickedestJr, N, Nachomamma8, Llamarble, Johhog

Not voting (0) :
NO ONE

• With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 5th of March at 00:38am GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-03-04 20:30:28)
  • Tierce is V/la

are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 557, Tierce wrote:Vi is not being fluffy enough. Benvolio is a terrible pick for Benmage. Plus, that means he survives, and
yuck
Well I've had Banmage on my mind for a while now, but that more describes me, so I had to find a backup.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 559, Vi wrote:
In post 557, Tierce wrote:Vi is not being fluffy enough. Benvolio is a terrible pick for Benmage. Plus, that means he survives, and
yuck
Well I've had Banmage on my mind for a while now, but that more describes me, so I had to find a backup.
Also Shakespeare connection given Battle Mafia. Credit please?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 558, Faraday wrote:
N
(5) - Tierce, Vi,
CrashTextDummie
, Empire, penguin_alien
Vi (2) -
Benmage, Cogito Ergo Sum

CrashTextDummie
(5) - WickedestJr,
N
, Nachomamma8, Llamarble, Johhog
Messieurs
, I have an excuse to be boring, it is called City Of Lights And Freaking Windchill. I repeat, your vanity wagon is as dull as they come. At least add some flair to it. :whimsy:, mayhaps?

But this
is just silly. Be more entertaining.

PEdit: Benedick would have been more appropriate. I am still disappointed in you.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 561, Tierce wrote:PEdit: Benedick would have been more appropriate. I am still disappointed in you.
I am overwhelmingly impressed with your ability to out:whimsy: me with this four-layer reference.

With that said, you counterfail.
Tierce 560 wrote:Credit please?
The correct response is "Child, please".
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Tierce »

Exit, pursued by a bear.
I would say I didn't write 5Six-ty, but etc. Apparently had the wrong
alt
brain-half logged in at the time.

And this is how we brainstorm successfully. One day our hydra discussions
would
have to come to light.

In post 374, Johhog wrote:The Vi wagon is meh. I think it looks like normal Vi. I prefer this one.

VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum

Playing very differently from Team Mafia, where he was town.
In post 549, Johhog wrote:
In post 541, Vi wrote:If all the people bolded could do something productive with their lives it would be most appreciated.
That's exactly what I'm doing, staying out of this thread.

Wickedestjr is sooo town it burns. I could get behind a CTD lynch though. I think he's pretty clearly trying to stay out of the limelight by asking pseudo-scumhunting questions, that hardly can be used to actually lure out the scum.

UNVOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum
VOTE: CrashTextDummie
What do you think of this and of what is not here?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Vi »

(Yes, that actually is how the vast majority of our hydra conversations go.)

Well there is the overjustification and the fact that I've probably posted more content myself over the course of the thread, but he's picking some awfully strange targets to antagonize. (CES, Empire - both with no wagons at the time)

I'm amused that that first sentence in the second quote came from the same person who said this, Tierce.
Johhog 212 wrote:Uh, your problem? That is my personal policy. I play this game for fun. And lurking being rewarding detracts a lot of the fun. I think you should be rewarded for playing.
Given that Johhog's activity and interest looks different from that other game, etc.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Tierce »

There is also something else glaringly missing from Johhog's posts. A French pastry to anyone who can spot it (or lack thereof).
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 535, Wickedestjr wrote:I think Johhog is town because he doesn't seem to care about how he is perceived. The ignorance of valid questions is annoying but doesn't seem like a scumtell for him in this case- I think he would answer the questions as scum. I also think his response to Tierce when she unvoted DV looked genuine.

I have no idea how you see Johhog as "doesn't care how he's perceived". He seems to absolutely love that you called him town, though.

In post 535, Wickedestjr wrote:Llamarble looks like town because of his reads and justification for those reads. He pointed out things which I had also used to read some other players. I didn't necessarily agree with everything he's said, but I don't get the impression that he's 'faking' anything. E.g. his early scumread on CTD- the point regarding the link didn't make sense to me, but I have a hard time imagining him coming up with it as mafia.

Do you have any reasoning that isn't gut?

In post 549, Johhog wrote:
In post 541, Vi wrote:If all the people bolded could do something productive with their lives it would be most appreciated.

That's exactly what I'm doing, staying out of this thread.

Wickedestjr is sooo town it burns. I could get behind a CTD lynch though. I think he's pretty clearly trying to stay out of the limelight by asking pseudo-scumhunting questions, that hardly can be used to actually lure out the scum.

UNVOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum
VOTE: CrashTextDummie

this hop doesn't make my wagon feel as good as I want it to.
do you normally bus as scum, Johhog?

In post 551, CrashTextDummie wrote:What do you make of the fact that he seemingly changed up his playstyle in this game for purely survivalistic reasons? He claims that his lack of actions are designed to keep him from getting lynched, which serves a scum-agenda a lot more than it does a town-agenda.

I think that it's an honest and townish way to frame the playstyle change. When Fate changed his playstyle for Team Mafia, he framed the change as something that was more like "I'm doing this because it will help people read me easier since this is a hard-mode game". N's change came about as more "I'm changing it up because people lynch me a lot and I don't want that to happen so easily here". Yeah, not getting lynched has more benefit to scum than town, but it still has a pretty good benefit to town as well.

In post 551, CrashTextDummie wrote:Of course it matters as far as his alignment is concerned. He has zero legitimate suspects on page 22 of D1. Zero. He is not scumhunting. As for your questions, I'd be surprised at this point if penguin-alien flipped scum.

You seem like a pretty legitimate suspect for him. Who are Vi's legitimate suspects on Page 22 of D1?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:59 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

yuck

I was about to ask a cool question, then the votecount turned it into a boring question. So you get another boringish question as I ignore Messieurs Quote Stripes CrashTextMamma8. Tammy, the hot date with Big Blue should be over by now--thoughts on the wagons?

:(
why do you ignore me?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 567, Nachomamma8 wrote:
yuck

:(
why do you ignore me?
Because you're all NachoofIllusion and it's boring and I'm V/LA in Paris. Is there anything I should be looking at, abridged version? I thought you were pretty studiously ignoring my presence in the game and was having no trouble returning the favor, at least for Today.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by Empire »

Effort wall is going to have to wait 'til tomorrow morning. In the meantime:
In post 547, Vi wrote:Actually I'm amused by how well the Scum According To Empire corresponds to the activity overview. N might actually be Town, and then we'd be left with the four top lurkers as the four scum.

...it would be funny, anyway. (>")>

Yeah, that's why there's still a little bit of paranoia left, but I'm slowly gaining a bit of confidence here so it's all good.

In post 566, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think that it's an honest and townish way to frame the playstyle change. When Fate changed his playstyle for Team Mafia, he framed the change as something that was more like "I'm doing this because it will help people read me easier since this is a hard-mode game". N's change came about as more "I'm changing it up because people lynch me a lot and I don't want that to happen so easily here". Yeah, not getting lynched has more benefit to scum than town, but it still has a pretty good benefit to town as well.

Ok, I know this isn't addressed at me but stuff like this is making me twitch to the point where I have to respond here. There are two obvious problems with this: 1) N's apparent is intended to obfuscate not clarify, so the Fate analogy makes no sense here, and 2) it makes zero sense to take up a playstyle change that, for pretty much any roster, is
more
likely to get you lynched, not less -- so that playstyle shift does not seem genuine to me at all and likely borne out of scum finding it hard to bullshit reads (seriously, just read posts like #531).
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Empire »

EBWOP (UGH):

1) N's apparent
playstyle shift
is intended to obfuscate not clarify, so the Fate analogy makes no sense here
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 557, Tierce wrote:Tammy, the hot date with Big Blue should be over by now--thoughts on the wagons?

I had several dates today! The pool, my job, then my dissertation, which unfortunately is not about mafia so playing mafia doesn't ensure I can defend next month. Yes, I take every opportunity to complain about this monster.

So patience it's coming; I just got home.

Oh, shhh... don't tell mafia; he's the only one that thinks there's no other. :wink:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 565, Tierce wrote:There is also something else glaringly missing from Johhog's posts. A French pastry to anyone who can spot it (or lack thereof).

I actually expect a pastry. /)

Does it involve pressing scum reads?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:22 pm

Post by N »

In post 551, CrashTextDummie wrote:
In post 525, N wrote:
In post 522, CrashTextDummie wrote:a useless Nachovote

scumbuddies

What did you accomplish with your Nacho vote? What use did it serve? This is not a defense.

I don't understand how that even looked like it was supposed to be a defense. I've noticed a couple of posts like this, and you either have really bad reading comprehension skills or you're trying to make it look like I'm doing something I'm clearly not doing.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 pm

Post by Faraday »

Primadonna girl, yeah.
All I ever wanted was the world
I can't help that I need it all
The primadonna life, the rise, the fall
Last edited by Faraday on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”