NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4250 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by TheReverend »

I'm none the wiser. This game just went total headfuck. I feel like we're just random lynching until we hit another. I've never felt so out of my depth in a game of mafia before.

I think dan is town, mollie obv is. After that any of you fuckers could be scum.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Would've been nice the day started. Catching up now.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Even me, Rev?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Also, why is Dan town?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by UberNinja »

lalalala got on a computer

lets talk bitches
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4213, UberNinja wrote:
In post 4156, pirate mollie wrote:uber goober lets be friends.

are we not already?

i still have that charm bracelet with your name on it that you made for me at summer camp in 1988

don't tell me you lost urs?
</3

:cry: yes.

but I still have the hemp necklace you made
whew!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Majiffy »

:( I miss my hemp necklace.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4220, UberNinja wrote:
In post 4160, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 4158, AngryPidgeon wrote:Im having trouble getting over IaI's crumb, snap claim, and lack of CC. It just looks too legit. I'd thro money down on a framer and I know that framers are fairly rare.

I said the exact same thing on mason board about IaI.

I have had the framer's role twice I think but have only seen it used successfully once in a game I gmed.

since you are the only mason left, you might as well spill the beans about everything mason-y

i.e. PV's suspicions. there is a reason he was killed over you last night; who did he suspect?

n1 - mozi forgot to get on it and perv was busy and only made one post I think so and I talked about eye cream with maestro.

n2 - I decided to get stark raving paranoid that mozi might actually be a neighbor until maestro got on and was like stfu you dummy you guys are town masons.

n3 - perv and I talked a bit about IaI maybe being legit, it was mostly me doing the talking and how maestro thinks it is cute that I call prs "specials" and perv was like "yeah she is calling them mentally challenged".

it is mostly me babbling and going waffling on reads.

which brings up another thing I am wondering about. why nk mozi and perv before me? neither was a super strong presence in the game and I would think that they would nk mhork before any of us. the only reason to nk masons is to break a possible voting bloc froming at a crucial time. I think scum want to keep me in the game and I wish I could figure out why. I am thinking it that it is likely that I know me and know my tendency to tunnel and to fuck up lylo's. or I have them in my town pile. or maybe I am just hugely entertaining. I know sometimes I will keep a player in just so I can pit my skills against theirs.

one time I left a cop cleared, semi-proven doc in the game til mylo cos I liked him and the only way I was to get any repsect out o him was if I totally mindfucked him. so I started the don wifom early, accused of bullying, fake melted down, walked away from the game and told everyone it was cos I was in tears, agreed to the sig/avatar bet he provided and promised not to vote him the next day and then I did. game should have ended there but my scummate who performed the kill was blown by the pgo and then the next day town mislynched cos no one could believe that I could fake that level of theatrics. that is why I was asking if matt was capable of that level of emotional manipulation cos most players aren't. when players start to show real signs of break down they are usually town.

^ also I try not to do this anymore cos facing the meta music was rough! but he and I became good friends and he saved my butt from more mislynches than I can count.

so....I can't help but wonder if I am helping scum in some way cos I was onto arc early and should have been nked before mozi and perv but really mhork should have gone before any of us.

so questions I have for you:

what do you think of IaI's post after I had just voted dan? to me it looked opportunistic, a totally different vibe than what he had given off before. I just happened to vote the scum he had viewed? and if he was looking at reactions, why did he not wait a little longer? he already had me as town so he could not have been waiting for mine and yet I gave him the impetus to his view? the motivation in that single look stinky as hell but if IaI is scum it means he went into the game preparing to fake claim cop and all I can say is wow.

what do you think of aj who has pretty much done nothing, especially comparing it to the newb game you gmed? what about borky?

anyway those are my thoughts.
whew!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Eye cream. :roll:
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Post by TheReverend »

In post 4252, Lord Mhork wrote:Even me, Rev?

Oh yeah you're confirmed too lol. As for dan, I assume he's town because I'm guessing IaI is faking. He claims when he's getting heat, tells us he investigated the night kill, then he gives us a bad lynch which other people seem to be happy to excuse for him, and now he's telling us dan is scum. Alarm bells are ringing.

Yesterday is telling. He tells us early that matt is scum, and sits back and watches as town mislynches in record speed. No attempt to use the info he has to quietly gather info, no attempt to slow the wagon down while we wait for others who potentially have role info, just BAM matt is scum, fast lynch, and oh shit he's town.

And then pidgeon suggesting framer right off the bat today, this I find suspicious.

I'm still struggling to make any sense of all this myself. All I know is IaI is the person I trust the least, and I distrust anyone pushing the idea that he's legit.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 4259, TheReverend wrote:And then pidgeon suggesting framer right off the bat today, this I find suspicious.

No you don't.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:31 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 4238, ActionDan wrote:You guys are considering busdrivers. If ANYTHING it's a redirector in the case where IaI is a cop.

You call me scum, but then throw this out there? Why even entertain the idea? Trying to sway the people who believe I am the cop by saying 'yeah I could still be town too'? :?

In post 4238, ActionDan wrote:IaI basically gave away his reason for picking me as his fake guilty. It's because I was the only one for sure who wasn't thinking he was a cop.

No, it was your lurking. It was you not placing a single vote the day we lynched scum. It was your defense of AA9 as absolute town.

Now that we're on it, why did you not vote D2? And why do you have more posts D4 now that you are under pressure than all of D2?

In post 4238, ActionDan wrote:@To the people saying that I'd be hard to push over other people: the goal here is for IaI to simply take a stab at surviving an extra day. going 1v1 vs the guy that was sure to vote him was his best bet.

Okay, so say scum IAI wants to start off the day by surviving. Why not pick an easy target like the ones mentioned today? Why not start off the day with my Bus Driver theory and vote you right off the bat, rather than sit back?

Or could it be that I am the cop. I crumbed it in post 1. There was no CC. I targeted one of my top 2 targets N1, the one I thought would be harder to lynch. She ended up being a mason. As you can see D2, even before I claimed, I did not suspect pirate one iota. Then came D3 when I asked pirate who to investigate. She included matt in every list, and at one pt only asked for matt in one post. So I did, and my N3 investigation came back guilty. He flips town, which means in my mind, scum tampered with it, likely targeting matt in some way (not a redirector as you are trying to push).

At this point it is you vs me. You continue to argue setups and such, but refuse to point out how I have been scummy outside of matt flipping differently than I said. So please, read the prior paragraph, and show me the scum motivation in my actions. Or motivation in any of my play this game.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:43 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 4257, pirate mollie wrote:which brings up another thing I am wondering about. why nk mozi and perv before me?

Well in mozi's case, it appears the vig did that one. But yes, outside of myself, you were the next best NK last night, and asking why PV died is a question that is worth looking into.

In post 4257, pirate mollie wrote:what do you think of IaI's post after I had just voted dan? to me it looked opportunistic, a totally different vibe than what he had given off before. I just happened to vote the scum he had viewed? and if he was looking at reactions, why did he not wait a little longer? he already had me as town so he could not have been waiting for mine and yet I gave him the impetus to his view? the motivation in that single look stinky as hell but if IaI is scum it means he went into the game preparing to fake claim cop and all I can say is wow.

Yeah I hear you. I don't expect anyone to necessarily believe me, but this is the honest truth. I am a 30 something yr old married man who never had a cell phone before last November (my wife had a 60 min per month phone for emergencies). We went straight to smart phones. One of the benefits to having this is I can check my mafia games at work, which blocks the site. So it is easy to go to the top of my webpage on my phone, and hit the swirly arrow to refresh, and the box at the top that indicates a new page has been started.

Posting on it for a guy who has never texted or anything, not so fun. Which is why most of my posts are in the mornings, lunch time, or evenings. It is why as AP likes to point out, it took 17 mins to get on, respond to matt about being the cop. The other day, I was reading on my phone at work, and saw dan's vote and push on myself so I started responding. I didn't see your post until it showed up in the preview box afterI submitted my response to Dan. Honest truth. Coincidental in hindsight, yeah I could see that. But a 4 minute coincidence none-the-less.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

I'm really liking town IAI here. :D

VOTE: ActionDan
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 4262, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 4257, pirate mollie wrote:which brings up another thing I am wondering about. why nk mozi and perv before me?

Well in mozi's case, it appears the vig did that one. But yes, outside of myself, you were the next best NK last night, and asking why PV died is a question that is worth looking into.

In post 4257, pirate mollie wrote:what do you think of IaI's post after I had just voted dan? to me it looked opportunistic, a totally different vibe than what he had given off before. I just happened to vote the scum he had viewed? and if he was looking at reactions, why did he not wait a little longer? he already had me as town so he could not have been waiting for mine and yet I gave him the impetus to his view? the motivation in that single look stinky as hell but if IaI is scum it means he went into the game preparing to fake claim cop and all I can say is wow.

Yeah I hear you. I don't expect anyone to necessarily believe me, but this is the honest truth. I am a 30 something yr old married man who never had a cell phone before last November (my wife had a 60 min per month phone for emergencies). We went straight to smart phones. One of the benefits to having this is I can check my mafia games at work, which blocks the site. So it is easy to go to the top of my webpage on my phone, and hit the swirly arrow to refresh, and the box at the top that indicates a new page has been started.

Posting on it for a guy who has never texted or anything, not so fun. Which is why most of my posts are in the mornings, lunch time, or evenings. It is why as AP likes to point out, it took 17 mins to get on, respond to matt about being the cop. The other day, I was reading on my phone at work, and saw dan's vote and push on myself so I started responding. I didn't see your post until it showed up in the preview box afterI submitted my response to Dan. Honest truth. Coincidental in hindsight, yeah I could see that. But a 4 minute coincidence none-the-less.

that's right, mozi was taken out by nacho thanks for reminding me so I can bring that up in post game.

okay I believe you.

mod can we plz have a vote count.
whew!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 4263, Lord Mhork wrote:I'm really liking town IAI here. :D

You don't deserve your IC status for your fucking ":D" Fucking think man

It occurs to me that I'm approaching this fight wrong. I want to say as AP said "you're all retarded" but I wanted to win logically and inject only minimal emotion.

But really that post is just too much.

By the end of today I will make sure your heads will lower in shame while you question just how stupid you are for allowing this guy to walk over you.

First: Anybody with any decent experience in this game, who is savy in regards to balance of roles, types of scum play, and in general has a sense of fucking probability, would be questioning and ultimately voting the cop claim

The only one of you that I know that posesses these qualities is Vifam. What makes Vifam scum is simply this:

In post 4180, Vifam wrote:I thought I implied my stance on it once I voted you

Yeah IAI is probably legit, chances are they're framer and scum got lucky with MattP, it'd make seeing the build of the setup

Because no, the chances are fucking low of IaI's cop target coincidences, and the set-up simply doesn't support framer either. Vifam is simply throwing out shit. Never an explaination why IaI is legit. Just is.

2ndly let me direct you to all the posts mentioning Matt as a town read followed by the vote on him without thought. Then the post where Vifam votes me in succession.

In post 716, Vifam wrote:
In post 713, mozamis wrote:Oh my town reads are basically all the really active people. Herobrine, MattP, Bitmap, Majiffy, Mollie. Prob Vifam although quite often he seems to just agree with whatever MattP has said. Still, I've sheeped myself, so it's not a scum read, just something I'm looking at.
Everyone else null or pos scum.

TBH I actually find a lot of what MattP says illogical but it's a lot easier to just nod your head in agreement, ya know? Plus he's town so it's like whatever

In post 1508, Vifam wrote:
In post 1495, AngryPidgeon wrote:Vifam who was your biggest townread going into last night?

Also ya matt is scum too.

So lets do this. Zabriel/Vifam/Matt. Awesome picks for today.

That's a terrible list.

My biggest townread was MattP and it still is MattP

In post 1518, Vifam wrote:
In post 1516, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also @
AJ
: I have a question I want to ask you in real time when we are both on.

Fair enough.

Hmm, guess JS is kinda in my lens via PoE. Im getting some good townreads this game. JS had one post in particular that rubbed me wrong.

But he is an easy wagon and the votes on him seem like layovers from yesterday / no real reasoning provided (hell I consider link to a post with 'gut' as reasoning enough for me to consider). I'd rather lynch a scumbag today that is less likely to get lynched w/o my help, (So basically you/mattp). Because if I die, there is no fucking way either of you is getting lynched.

I'm not scum though.

98% sure MattP isn't either

In post 2129, Vifam wrote:Whatever, I didn't think MattP was scum before this and I don't now, it's gonna be pretty hard to convince me

In post 2207, Vifam wrote:Literally all your scumreads revolve around MattP, who is probably town.

In post 2569, Vifam wrote:I guess your right, AP. Eh, I think MattP is town but I guess he's a good investigation with the suspicion on him

In post 2995, Vifam wrote:AP is town
MattP is town
PirateMollie is town
Vifam is town
Mhork is town
P_A is town
Bork is town
UberNinja is town
Majiffy looks town but he's my weakest read
Same with PV

Everyone else is fair game

In post 4055, Vifam wrote:VOTE: MattP

In post 4035, Vifam wrote:The BG died so scum are obviously trying to get to someone

In post 4178, Vifam wrote:
ActionDan wrote:Btw, that Vifam post is also god awful. Because it invokes WIFOM in a particular way as to favor one outcome (that of BG targetting claimed cop and scum shooting claimed cop) over the other just as pausible if not more so outcomes (scum shooting BG, scum shooting IC which BG protects, scum shooting a mason that BG protects). I read it less as a "Oh this idea just popped into my mind" and more a "they gots the cop, he's totes legit"

I still don't get it tbh. I just thought Buld died because scum wanted to get to other roles

ActionDan wrote:and Vifam always thought Matt was town Vifam's vote also displays cognitive dissonance.

I thought MattP was town but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna swallow my pride and vote him if he turned out guilty

In post 4174, Vifam wrote:Oh wait nevermind I misinterpreted the convo with PirateMollie and IAI

If IAI has a guilty on ActionDan we should just lynch him since I doubt the scumteam had a correct frame twice. Especially when they're players who are more universally suspicious like Majiffy or to some extent Rev. ActionDan's isn't acting particularly town since D1 ended so whatever

NEVER ANY DOUBT. I can vote MattP cause of cop claim HURR DURR. Buldermar died BG so obviously scum are trying to kill "
someone
" off, but it could be any role, like our IC, or maybe our masons! I sure wasn't implying that scum totally wanted to take out the cop claim thereby suggesting that said cop claim is town!

No townie would EVER go willie nilly down lynch road after a cop claim got their #1 town read lynched without at least thinking about whether maybe the cop is lying scum (which again is at least something that isn't hard to imagine, hell most of this town can at least SEE it).

More telling is this sentence I'll quote it again,
In post 4174, Vifam wrote:
ActionDan's isn't acting particularly town since D1 ended so whatever

Because did that fucking matter when you voted MattP? Don't Think So!

After IaI, you lynch this town.

I'll respond to IaI and his wall throwing shit on me in a min.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Vifam »

ActionDan wrote:NEVER ANY DOUBT. I can vote MattP cause of cop claim HURR DURR. Buldermar died BG so obviously scum are trying to kill "someone" off, but it could be any role, like our IC, or maybe our masons! I sure wasn't implying that scum totally wanted to take out the cop claim thereby suggesting that said cop claim is town!

I wasn't

MattP was my townread but I saw the guilty report at about 2 AM and I just thought "Oh well played MattP" and just voted. I wasn't hesitant cuz it was late and idrc
ok
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Sure, Dan. If you flip town, we'll totally lynch off IAmInnocent and Vifam.

Also you don't have to be mean about this... It's rude.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:05 am

Post by TheReverend »

In post 4260, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 4259, TheReverend wrote:And then pidgeon suggesting framer right off the bat today, this I find suspicious.

No you don't.

Yes I do.

I like dan's push at vifam. This is getting interesting now. I feel if IaI is scum, then so is vifam and pidgeon. If IaI is cop, I'm back to square one.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 am

Post by TheReverend »

I notice IaI hasn't questioned his investigation today, despite giving us a bad lynch yesterday.

In post 4166, I Am Innocent wrote:And this is what I was waiting for. Action Dan came back as scum. I was wondering why scum let me live must be they felt I'd be an easy mislynch after a bus driver or someone interfered.

vote action Dan

How can you be so sure IaI? What if the framer targetted dan? Why not even consider this possibility?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:19 am

Post by Vifam »

What the hell are you talking about, IAI didn't arbitrarily decide to investigate MattP, it was decided before hand. In this case ActionDan wasn't a decided investigation
ok
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:20 am

Post by TheReverend »

So you're confident that scum wouldn't have anticipated him investigating dan?
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:23 am

Post by Vifam »

Maybe if the scumteam is You/Majiffy/Bork
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 am

Post by Vifam »

Other than that no
ok
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:30 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

On the flip side, rev, why would scum have chosen Dan to frame?
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”