Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@zab: No other major scumreads. Hence, Siv's minor one got bumped up. The worry is still there.

@HD:
1) No, I didn't. What with all the bullshit happening in the foreground, I didn't have any actual scumreads. Until, you know, I voted for you.
2) No it isn't. Wanting everyone to hold to a single playstyle, specifically the one you favour, is short-sighted.
3) See above. And Siv isn't obv-scum to me, but if he's "not controversial" which was your assertion, that means that others want him lynched too.

Your case is terrible, you've got nothing except a bunch of poppycock and you're either scum, trying to go for a mislynch, because your previous attempts at this failed, or just bad at figuring out what constitutes a scumtell and what is simply confirmation bias.

Once again, keep trying.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by mcqueen »

Stop responding to he maybe he'll go away
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by mcqueen »

*hd
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Mitillos »

I don't want him to go away. I want him to keep talking. I want to read him more. I think he's scum and I want to get more info either to support this, or change my mind. Why are you so opposed to discussion in a game about discussion? Afraid you might make too many slips?
options
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 850, mcqueen wrote:No you don't you annoying fuck

ur mean
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:29 pm

In post 851, Mitillos wrote:1) No, I didn't. What with all the bullshit happening in the foreground, I didn't have any actual scumreads. Until, you know, I voted for you.
2) No it isn't. Wanting everyone to hold to a single playstyle, specifically the one you favour, is short-sighted.
3) See above. And Siv isn't obv-scum to me, but if he's "not controversial" which was your assertion, that means that others want him lynched too.

Your case is terrible, you've got nothing except a bunch of poppycock and you're either scum, trying to go for a mislynch, because your previous attempts at this failed, or just bad at figuring out what constitutes a scumtell and what is simply confirmation bias.

Once again, keep trying.

1) Again, you could've tried breaking up the supposed bullshit and actually attempted to scumhunt...but instead you waited till it was over then just pushed a terrible case on me with nothing resembling solid reasoning. I.E. you wanted the town distracted I.E. you're scum.
2) Not wanting to tread on anyone's toes has a giant amount of scum motivation; the tl;dr of it is that it avoids giving you enemies that will end up wanting to lynch you later, since scum thinks in a purely survivalistic mindset.
3) No; non-controversial means scumreads no one will scream and attempt to murder you for. That doesn't necessarily mean obv-scum players; sometimes it means null lurkers, like it does here with your Siv read.

lol, I should try calling a case on me poppycock and see how far it gets me.

Your case on me is poppycoc- oh wait, that doesn't apply here, you don't
have
a case on me, just a terrible vote park with no attempt to convince anyone else of my supposed scumminess.
Are you ready for this?
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Also I like how everyone's catch-all defense this game seems to be "loltunneling"

(Hint: That's not anything resembling a good defense and you should feel bad for using it)
Are you ready for this?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by CF Riot »

I like how everyone uses "Hint:..." when they want to be condescending now.

In post 846, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:siv gets super duper lurky as scum so I would be fine with his lynch.

kmd I was getting ready to go after you but I liked your post and agree with some of your reads. it is good to see you finally get your head in the game.
Siv asked to be replaced and Kmd admitted his head really isn't in the game, so I'm of the complete opposite opinion here. Also, if I end up calling you scum at some point this game, this is the post where it started.

Mitillos, I agree with HD's points. There was something else you did too. I don't remember.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by CF Riot »

In post 790, Mitillos wrote:
@Pro
: Are you saying reads shouldn't change or that when they do, people shouldn't explain why this happened? Because neither of these positions is pro-town.
In post 819, Mitillos wrote:Town reads on Wisdom, CF,
Pro,
Beauty and zab, in order of strength.

I remember now. You kind of slow played the original spat between HD, Tigerzone and Wisdom. I also thought the top quote here was reaching pretty far to accuse Pro, and I didn't catch at the time but when looking back to find this quote I also saw you have him in your townpile which interests me because like I say, it looks like you're casting suspicion here and this is the first I remember of you calling Pro town. You should definitely elaborate on this if you can.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 858, CF Riot wrote:I like how everyone uses "Hint:..." when they want to be condescending now.

In post 846, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:siv gets super duper lurky as scum so I would be fine with his lynch.

kmd I was getting ready to go after you but I liked your post and agree with some of your reads. it is good to see you finally get your head in the game.
Siv asked to be replaced and Kmd admitted his head really isn't in the game, so I'm of the complete opposite opinion here. Also, if I end up calling you scum at some point this game, this is the post where it started.

Mitillos, I agree with HD's points. There was something else you did too. I don't remember.

in my overall pissiness I forgot that siv had asked to be replaced out.

you are going to have to walk me through this

kmd said his head wasn't in the game but then he made this wall:

In post 610, Kmd4390 wrote:Ok I'm gonna read 10 pages or so. By thursdayish I should be caught up completely unless you guys post a ton.

Page 2:
Tigerzone didn't answer my question from page 1. I asked why he'd policy lynch zab over some of the other players on the list. Next, my issue is that the zab-hate is his only focus in his first few posts. This is one of two things. A genuine vendetta that is bigger than this game to him which would be null OR scum who has trouble grasping games where they already know everyones alignment and needs something to hold on to. Unfortunately, tigerzone isn't here for me to ask about his experience with zab. Zab, can you tell me about your experience with tigerzone? Is there anything that may have caused him to strongly dislike you?

Post 34 by siv looks like someone trying not to look scummy. Not sure why. Just a vibe I get.

44 by tigerzone kind of looks like the second scenario I mentioned. He doesn't seem to have a reason to policy lynch. "Thought it'd be fun". Come on now...

Page 3:

Post 51 by Siv gives me that same vibe. He's saying things that sound all protown, but without really applying it or committing to any reads or anything. It's like he's saying things just because he thinks they sound good.

Human, I see where you are coming from on tigerzone up until the part where you say he is trying to policy lynch zab before he does anything to deprive the town of information. Two things. One, does tigerzone seem smart enough to do that? Two, is it really THAT beneficial for scum to deprive town of info on one player they see as a lurker to the point where they are going to make it their only focus like that? The scum intent might be there on tigerzone (although the more I read, the less I think this) but not for this. You are stretching.

Mollie posted without responding to my vote. Did you think it was a joke?

Page 4:
Post 91. Wisdom. How exactly do you "know" there is no scum motivation in tigerzone's post? You know he's town?
<- fuzzy already asked

Page 5:
Slimer is town.

Page 6:
Mit, coming up with and idea and agreeing with it are NOT the same at all. Slimer probably looked at the game quick, saw what he saw, and came up with his idea. Human looked at the idea and decided whether or nopport or to support it. He didn't come up with it and unlike slimer, he has to either ignore it and look bad or post in support of it or against it. If slimer is scum who sees the idea and doesn't like it, he doesn't have to take a stance. He can just hope it never comes up.

Based on 136, it's not possible to have a read on tigerzone. He isn't playing the game. Just trying to ruin it. *sigh* that's annoying.

Prohawk, so mollie is scum for having a scum read on human? Also why would being scum make you forget who you are voting?

Page 7:
Uh. Prohawk/wisdom, mollie isn't a VI and could never get away with acting like one. She makes some mistakes here and there and might forget some things, but she's not dumb.

The last time I played with prohawk, he looked obvtown (although some people disagreed). He doesn't look that way here.

Yeah what zab said. Mollie liking jelly's push on her is weird. It's like she wants to look town because scum wouldn't do that.

I don't like siv's jump on tigerzone. Prohawk looks genuinely upset with tiger (null) but siv is just really looking opportunistic with that vote.

Page 8:
The puck's vote on tiger looks opportunistic as well. And saying that jelly replaced out because he's tiger's buddy is just as bad.

And disturbed places another bad vote on tiger. I'm now convinced that tiger is town and two scum can be found in siv/puck/disturbed.

Human, why is disturbed town?

Page 9:
Wisdom, I took mollie calling prohawk scum to be a scum read. Not sure what you are seeing there that I'm not.

Ok 9 pages is all I can do today. My biggest fead is that I have too many scum reads. Most aren't very strong reads though.

unvote, vote siveure

and to me it looks like he is at least trying to get his head in the game. how am I wrong, here.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:50 pm

In post 858, CF Riot wrote:I like how everyone uses "Hint:..." when they want to be condescending now.

Eh, I think it's an interesting way to phrase a condescending sentence. Try it, it's pretty fun.
Are you ready for this?
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Post by N »

Searching for replacements for Siveure DtTrikyp and The Puck
Vote Count 1.17
Disturbed_One
( 1 ) BeautyAndTheBeast
Mitillos
( 1 ) Human Destroyer
kmd4390
( 0 )
Siveure DtTrikyp
( 1 ) kmd4390
ProHawk
( 1 ) theslimer3
mcqueen
( 3 ) Siveure DtTrikyp , mcqueen , Wisdom
theslimer3
( 0 )
BeautyAndTheBeast
( 0 )
Wisdom
( 2 ) ProHawk , Disturbed_One 
zabriel
( 0 )
CF Riot
( 1 ) The Puck
The Puck
( 0 )
Human Destroyer
( 1 ) Mitillos

Not voting:
CF Riot , zabriel

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-02-28 20:30:20)

zabriel is V/LA until 28th of Feb

In post 850, mcqueen wrote:No you don't you annoying fuck
Please remember rule 5
In post 1, N wrote:Personal remarks and insults are not welcome at all. There is no problem with criticising how others play in this game, but as soon it goes beyond that line there will be one warning before I start force-replacing.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

In post 862, N wrote:Image

BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 pm

CF, Mollie thinks you're scum. Help me convince her otherwise by placing your vote on DO.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by N »

Jalyn replaces The Puck
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by N »

and
RachMarie replaces Siveure DtTrikyp
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Post by RachMarie »

/confirm

Okays here goes

UNVOTE: while I get a handle on the rather large volume of posts so far...
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by CF Riot »

In post 840, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 838, zabriel wrote:Thoughts about the game KMD?

Dunno haven't really read it. Pretty sure siv is scum though. And whoever replaced tigerzone is town. Slimer is town. Basically what I said in my big post.

This post came after the one you think shows kmd is actually trying. Plus several on either side that say nothing. In your favor I dunno if I actually read kmd's wall, I'll do that. But 1 wall in 30 pages isn't hard to do and doesn't convince me he's not just sliding by.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Oh yeah, and HD I know, I've done it. It's way played out though. I see everyone do it. It's lost its bite.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Jalyn »

I'll go through and pull full reads on everyone in my next post. Given all the meta conversations, my games are available in the archives.

Quick scum reads from my original run through before replacing in: Wisdom did a lot of defending in the early part of the thread and it pinged hard. If Wisdom is scum, B&B looks town - no scum with any sense defends their mate that hard. Siv's vote hopping on convenient wagons looks bad, but as the slot is going to be replaced, I'll wait to see what someone else does.

Regarding the massive D_O/HD -B&B/Wisdom fights... I skimmed them. I'll try to actually read them on the deep analysis, but... you're repeating your arguments over & over (&over.) I understand that you're trying to make your points and convince the rest of the town, but I know that I have no desire to read the same argument multiple times. Could you possibly all agree that you've made your points for the moment? Or, if you feel it absolutely necessary, make one more post with specific points that you don't feel have been made? I feel like at least some of the scum in this game are getting drowned out by your fight - as are people who might make valid points that are outside of your fight.

So, what I remember offhand:

D_O - I thought Wisdom basically took the essence of your posting, which didn't include the actual questions, but hit the major point and responded to it.

Wisdom - it's not misrepping if he didn't feel that that WAS the essence of his questions and you didn't answer them.

D_O - The entire point of mafia is to be able to play the same as town/scum, it makes one a good player. In general, most people can't do it,but would you auto-lynch someone that manages to look pro-town and awesome scum hunter regardless of their orientation as a policy lynch because you can't read them?

Wisdom - At the same time, stating that someone looks scummy in all their games means that they are never going to be helping the town because they are always going to be lynch bait. In addition, it means that they aren't helping the town as much as they could because their reads are going to be discounted.

I'll do mollie/B&B & HDs main points in the reread, somehow Wisdom & D_O (is that underscore necessary, it's a bitch on my iPad) stuck more in my mind.

UNVOTE:
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 870, Jalyn wrote:Wisdom - it's not misrepping if he didn't feel that that WAS the essence of his questions and you didn't answer them.

Acceptable, but it's another thing to accuse me of lying and arguing that's a scumtell.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Post by Mitillos »

@HD:
1) No, I don't think so. If people get into wall wars, or in this case, posting wars, I just let them do their thing, until they run out of steam. Massive amounts of posting from a few people are a sign of emotions running high, which is a terrible time for reasoning.
2) Again, you're assuming things go by emotion. Asserting that "treading on someone's toes" leads to them "wanting to lynch me later" assumes that people don't care about motivations, when scumhunting and instead see who offended them more. And I understand this, but it's not how I think.
3) People have had scum reads and town reads on you. Possibly Siv, as well. If your definition of non-controversial is about people fighting it tooth and nail, then you're in for a surprise as to how many people your list will include.

@CF: Look back at 791. Pro responded to 790 and explained. And that was the only scummy thing I thought I saw from him. He seems to be earnest in his hunting, so yes, my read on him is town.

Also, welcome new replacements.
options
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Explain "earnest in his hunting." I don't need an English lesson, I mean show me what makes you think that and break down your thought process for me. I still think 790 was a real stretch by you to put Pro in a scummy light, especially if you didn't suspect him before that post.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:49 pm

In post 864, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:CF, Mollie thinks you're scum. Help me convince her otherwise by placing your vote on DO.

Return to “Completed Open Games”