Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 756, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
I'd be more inclined to not be condescending if you weren't an idiot.

You're retroactively trying to cover up with this. At the time of the sucking-up-in-question, you were still harping on the PL-Mollie-for-insults case.

Didn't seem genuine? I don't recall you saying anything about genuinity before... pretty sure it was "lol that's all? last time when u wer da scumz it was lyke pages to mislynch me!"

By the by, you haven't actually addressed the following disparities in these two situations;
1) You're calling me scum for not doing something I did as scum
2) Your argument about what I should be doing references an attempt to lynch; my situation with Wisdom is merely stating reasons for a
town read
. Thus, they're two wholly different situations entirely.

I don't think you want to pursue the point
because you don't have one
, and you're slowly starting to realize that.

He believes
too
strongly in his really poor logic.

Keeping the first part of of this quoted, because I've got a point to make on that in a second.

As far as the "sucking up" goes, that's not at all what I was doing. Why would I, anyway? Explain what I would have to gain by doing so.

Also, I'd very much like to hear from others players besides the hydra, if they think that what I did looks like "sucking up."

The difference between you and Mollie is that Mollie insults the logic of a player to make her point. You do so just to be a jerk. Mollie's posts generally seem void of content to me.

My main problem with her was that I felt she could use her mannerisms to disguise her alignment. I made a reasonable request and it has been honored. The only person who is "harping" on anything is you, Majiffy, for continuing to question a position that is no longer relevant anymore.

That's where I was going with it, in fact, though you are correct I didn't use the term "genuine". I asked you for your reasoning as to why Wisdom was town, and your response was based not on specific examples but just a general "town motivation explains everything." I didn't find that satisfactory and it certainly didn't seem like a genuine post. Now, I'm not sure what exactly you'd have to gain by pacifying Wisdom, but it does appear that way to me.

I don't think I ever called you scum for that, I just told you to start doing a better job of scum-hunting. Correct me if I'm wrong (and if you think I am, I demand a quote proving it.)

I wasn't going to pursue the point with you, but then I replaced back in and realized that you've been really working on trying to find a way to incriminate me. You did the same thing in the last game I played with you, and I believe this is because you find me to be an easy target. Your statement that you believe me to be an idiot confirms you would think I'm an easy target as scum.

The only difference is you're much lazier than last time, which as I said is not indicative of your alignment in any way. Yet your gameplan is identical to the one you employed that one.

I would also like to respond to the fact you feel that I am an idiot. I'm not actually going to defend that. Because I don't have to. It's not scummy. Just like you being lazy isn't indicative of your alignment, me being an idiot isn't indicative of my alignment either.

I obviously don't believe I'm an idiot, but that's irrelevant. All that matters is you feel that way, so as scum the natural move here would be to go after the easiest target. And if you believe I'm an idiot, than that means I'm an easy target.

I also want to address the last point, because there's no logic behind it. I believe too strongly in my poor logic? That doesn't even make sense. If I'm such an idiot, than I wouldn't be using poor logic to fool anyone. I'd be using poor logic merely because I don't know any better. That's not indicative of my alignment at all.

Majiffy thinks I'm an idiot. Therefore, he also believes my logic to be bad. That's fine. He can believe what he wants. But how does he now say that I'm scum because I believe too much in my logic? I'd understand if I were a player he regarded as being in proper mental faculties and I used poor logic, but according to him I am not. So a poor player using poor logic is not at all scummy.

I don't like Majiffy as a person, but as a player he makes nothing but sense. This stance does not make sense coming from him, he's too reasonable to actually believe I could be scum just based on poor logic.

To be completely clear with everyone else, I don't think I'm an idiot, and I don't think my logic is particularly bad, either.

But it doesn't matter what I think. This is what Majiffy thinks, and what Majiffy is thinking simply does not add up.

UNVOTE: mcqueen
VOTE: BeautyAndTheBest
I am the self-made liberator,
I am the alpha and omega.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Wisdom »

Where did he say you're scum because you believe in your poor logic? What I remember is that he said HD is
town
because of that.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:34 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

In post 801, Disturbed_One wrote:As far as the "sucking up" goes, that's not at all what I was doing. Why would I, anyway? Explain what I would have to gain by doing so.

Keeping me at bay. Why are you asking for scum motivation for buddying? Jesus you're getting desperate.

In post 801, Disturbed_One wrote:
The difference between you and Mollie is that Mollie insults the logic of a player to make her point. You do so just to be a jerk. Mollie's posts generally seem void of content to me.

There's many times I insult the logic of a player to make a point. In fact, a lot of the time that
is
the point.

My main problem with her was that I felt she could use her mannerisms to disguise her alignment. I made a reasonable request and it has been honored. The only person who is "harping" on anything is you, Majiffy, for continuing to question a position that is no longer relevant anymore.

Because you keep trying to handwave it away, and that's scummy as fuck. "Yes, I did these scummy things, but I'm not doing them anymore, so let's not talk about them!". No.

I wasn't going to pursue the point with you, but then I replaced back in and realized that you've been really working on trying to find a way to incriminate me. You did the same thing in the last game I played with you, and I believe this is because you find me to be an easy target. Your statement that you believe me to be an idiot confirms you would think I'm an easy target as scum.

If I put a lot of effort into trying to get you mislynched before and failed, what makes you think I would think of you as an easy target?

I also want to address the last point, because there's no logic behind it. I believe too strongly in my poor logic? That doesn't even make sense. If I'm such an idiot, than I wouldn't be using poor logic to fool anyone. I'd be using poor logic merely because I don't know any better. That's not indicative of my alignment at all.

That wasn't about you, that was about HD.

I don't like Majiffy as a person, but as a player he makes nothing but sense. This stance does not make sense coming from him, he's too reasonable to actually believe I could be scum just based on poor logic.
But it doesn't matter what I think. This is what Majiffy thinks, and what Majiffy is thinking simply does not add up.

UNVOTE: mcqueen
VOTE: BeautyAndTheBest

Simply doesn't add up because you're an idiot, yeah.

You also missed the meat-and-potatoes of the post you quoted to go off on your idiotic little wall rant.
By the by, you haven't actually addressed the following disparities in these two situations;
2) Your argument about what I should be doing references an attempt to lynch; my situation with Wisdom is merely stating reasons for a
town read

Don't worry, I'll wait.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

UNVOTE: BeautyAndTheBest

You know what, yeah. I'm an idiot. That's my bad, I thought the whole HD thing was directed at me. It's obvious that my case was based on an unintentional misrepresentation of the facts, so my vote here is pointless.

So you think I was buddying with you? That's actually the only reason I asked, just to make sure I understood that clearly.

Will respond to the rest soon.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

Yeah, "unintentional". Thing is, it's not the first time you do this.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:54 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 805, Wisdom wrote:Yeah, "unintentional". Thing is, it's not the first time you do this.

It sort of is the first time. The times with you I did not misrepresent you. Try drilling that into your head.

Does anyone else here think I misrepped Wisdom or is that just me? Thanks.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

Even if it was "unintentional" that time too, you did.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:08 am

Wisdom, why aren't you voting DO?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

Happy with my mcqueen vote.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Majiffy »

I'm not.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 803, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
Keeping me at bay. Why are you asking for scum motivation for buddying? Jesus you're getting desperate.

There's many times I insult the logic of a player to make a point. In fact, a lot of the time that
is
the point.

Because you keep trying to handwave it away, and that's scummy as fuck. "Yes, I did these scummy things, but I'm not doing them anymore, so let's not talk about them!". No.

If I put a lot of effort into trying to get you mislynched before and failed, what makes you think I would think of you as an easy target?

You also missed the meat-and-potatoes of the post you quoted to go off on your idiotic little wall rant.
town read

Don't worry, I'll wait.

It's not desperation, I was trying to understand it. I'm an idiot after all, I need help understanding things according to you.

As for buddying, I don't know what to tell you. I did not actually do that, I was not trying to buddy with you, yet merely using you as my example. I could have used Thor as an example. You seemed more relevant an example because you were actually in the game.

Well, I'm using a single game as a reference point. I could be wrong on this, that's definitely a possibility.

I'm handwaving them away because they're not relevant for me anymore. I talk about Mollie and then Mollie votes me because I slightly misrepresent the fact that she calls arguments dumb and not people. It's making me believe that I am indicating I am for a position that I am not, and I don't want to do that. That is the only reason.

If you want to talk about the Mollie PL case, then we'll talk about it. Just as long as it's clear I no longer support that position. I did not have the evidence I needed at the time, but I do now and that's all that matters.

I'll admit that's a good point. One that I had failed to consider, obviously.

I did address (1), perhaps you missed it. I told you I did not believe I actually called you scum for that (at least, before you made that post, anyway). Rather, I told you you should be doing better than you were to explain your reads.

My response to (2) is simply that I find your Wisdom explanation weak. You stated a general "everything has town motivation" and didn't really explain anything at all in my opinion. I found it odd, the comparison to your play in the other game was more meant as a dig. "Come on, Majiffy. You can do better than that." That sort of thing.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 am

In post 810, Majiffy wrote:I'm not.

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

Majiffy

You're almost as bad at alt-slipping as I am

Get it together guy
Are you ready for this?
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:15 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 807, Wisdom wrote:Even if it was "unintentional" that time too, you did.

It wasn't "unintentional", I simply did not misrepresent you.

VOTE: Wisdom

The fact that you keep insisting that I did, when I clearly did not, is scummy. That's just wishy-washy. It's been explained to you more than once and I don't think you're incapable of understanding it. I think you just don't want to understand it.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 am

Rev - It was all that was necessary. Wisdom isn't in any trouble, why should I put in a lot of effort to explain a town read that isn't even seriously being questioned?

HD - Suck my balls, you jackass.

GOOD GOD STOP MAKING ME P-EDIT
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 am

Post by Human Destroyer »

In post 815, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:HD - Suck my balls, you jackass.

Oh god the irony

Also by Rev do you mean D_O

Because Rev isn't in this game
Are you ready for this?
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:17 am

Yeah sure that's the one, whatever.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 814, Disturbed_One wrote:

It wasn't "unintentional", I simply did not misrepresent you.

Either you're stupid like Majiffy says, or you're scum. Choose which.
I have explained why what you did was a misrep. You choose not to understand and keep saying bullshit.
I even give you the doubt that it could be unintentional and yet you still refuse to accept that you were wrong.
At this point I'm really starting to believe you're stupid, unable to read and comprehend, or both.
Or maybe just scum.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:18 am

Post by Mitillos »

@HD: My vote's on you, so it should be obvious that I think you're the scummiest of them all. As I mentioned when I voted you, the reason is gut. Which means I can't really formulate it properly in words and I'm using "gut" as an excuse. It's basically a general sense I'm getting from many of your posts that they're not coming from a town mindset. My next highest is probably Siv. That's basically because of Beauty's case on him, earlier. The bad votes.
I have no other major scumreads at this time, so I'm guessing one of the players with less content would be the third mafia, if I'm right.
Town reads on Wisdom, CF, Pro, Beauty and zab, in order of strength.
Everyone else is pretty much null.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 815, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:Rev - It was all that was necessary. Wisdom isn't in any trouble, why should I put in a lot of effort to explain a town read that isn't even seriously being questioned?

I'm not saying you had to put in a "lot" of effort. Just more than you actually did. It wasn't enough for someone like myself, that directly opposes your position, to actually even debate.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 am

It's an invitation for you to refute my claims with evidence that he's not town.

I wasn't presented with anything more than "lol das all? 2 bad hez da scumz!"
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 818, Wisdom wrote:
Either you're stupid like Majiffy says, or you're scum. Choose which.
I have explained why what you did was a misrep. You choose not to understand and keep saying bullshit.
I even give you the doubt that it could be unintentional and yet you still refuse to accept that you were wrong.
At this point I'm really starting to believe you're stupid, unable to read and comprehend, or both.
Or maybe just scum.

That's nice.

I'm not the only one that thinks I didn't misrepresent you. HD mentioned that he agrees on that. On the other hand, I don't recall reading a single post where someone agreed with your opinion that I misrepresented you.

I think you're bullshitting yourself, and it's fairly obvious.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

Oh HD agreed? It must be true then.

There might be some sarcasm in the above.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 821, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:It's an invitation for you to refute my claims with evidence that he's not town.

I wasn't presented with anything more than "lol das all? 2 bad hez da scumz!"

There wasn't anything to refute, that's what I'm trying to tell you. You basically said, "town motivation explains everything" and little else than that.

It's not like my reasons for voting Wisdom aren't perfectly clear. On the other hand, your reasoning as to why you think he is town is not. It's your reasoning that needs to be elaborated on, not mine.

Return to “Completed Open Games”