Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

That's another good point. I'm assuming if I got a 3rd card it would be 100%.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 am

Post by SafetyDance »

So why did Mehdi keep claiming he used the doc card?

Also, its easy for for scum to get away with the kill, presuming there's no tampering roles, then the only people that are clear are Cheery and Jake. There is 2 mafia in the game. So unless it's Cheery and Jake together anyone else can get away with the kill. Including you if we don't trust Xis.

Xis worded it as "gaining the cop ability". Much like you gained the card-cop ability, or mehdi/jake gained the ability to self-watch.

What happened when you got a second vig card? You became a vig. What's to say with three cards you dont become a cop
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 am

Post by Jal »

Mehdi used a doc card. It could be many reasons it wasn't seen. It's not necessarily something that makes it so scum can be sneaky. No one saw what happened to Mehdi N1. There was also speculation that TBG was killed N2 because he was one of the few not being tracked or watched.

Xis worded it as "granted" the cop ability.

Medhi and Jake looked like they gained a half ass ability to be made better upon more cards.

Cards that are standalone or have only 2 cards to them get a full ability. Colors with 3 deeds, beside the reds sharing a qt, seem to have mostly half-assed things. It's speculation to keep in mind.

Either way, there is no reason for town Mehdi to lie. The question is, why did Xis lie and is lying now?

Also, the whole sanity thing doesn't make sense.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:28 am

Obviously xis can't quote his role pm about the 2 cards but id sure love to heart better explanation. Mine doesn't say granted. I'd also like to know what his cop role name is (unless he said it and I missed it)

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:07 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

@Lord Mhork
:
In post 2271, Lord Mhork wrote:
In post 2260, Lord Mhork wrote:No, explain your 'at least two' comment.

Directed at xis. Sorry.

That's how the power works.

In post 1267, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 1266, Jal wrote:Cheery - why did you use your useless power card on me?

Because you had claimed not having 2 cards, and therefore by using it on you I could see if it actually did anything.
Which to then explain that I'll have to actually tell you what it was - A deed counter which tells me if someone has at least two cards. (Which I was fairly sure everyone did as it makes the most sense) The answer was that you did have at least two cards.
I also assume more light "green" cards would increase the number I can check for, otherwise it won't tell me anything.

In post 1804, Jal wrote:Light green is same as CD, which is why I thought Xis' push on him for that aspect was stupid.

In post 1805, Xisiqomelir wrote:I received the final light green. It does work exactly as Cheery and Jal have described.

@Jal
:

In post 2262, Jal wrote:I already came out saying I used it. If you have me as an innocent, you should know I'm not lying and know its "sanity."

So I shouldn't use my own powers? I knew the descriptions matched, but I still wanted my own result.

In post 2303, Jal wrote:Either way, there is no reason for town Mehdi to lie. The question is, why did Xis lie and is lying now?

I don't think Mehdi lied deliberately. As part of his general disinterest in the game, he probably let it slip his mind since the card is powerless on its own.

Can you explain any possible scum motive for hiding a powerless card?

@SafetyDance
:

In post 2284, SafetyDance wrote:

Directed at xis. Sorry.

Lol at you trying to start a discussion with Xis. If we left you two at it for the rest of the day phase you wouldn't get onto an extra page. :roll:

For someone who whines about sniping, you're certainly quite the fan of it as a debate tactic, aren't you?

Independently of the investigation, I should probably point out to the game that you're most likely town because you cut and run as scum in my direct experience.

In post 2284, SafetyDance wrote:Oh look, there's Virginia. So is he trying to claim it as from mehdi because hmmm

There's no need to insinuate. If you're suggesting I've had Virginia since D3 instead of today as I claim, just say so. You'll be in the fine company of my other investigation. While you're at it, can you supply a reason for this nefarious concealment?

And as a hypothetical, what are your reads out of the uninvestigated side of the playerlist?

@Jake
:

In post 2277, Jake from State Farm wrote:We are in a pretty good situation right here. It's basically one of myself or xis is lying. We lynch one and if they don't flip scum the other gets shot by Jal.

The problem here being I think we're both town, and if there are two scum left (likely), this is MyLo. I actually have another problem, the neighbourhood chat suggests that Mhork and Cheery aren't of the same alignment.

What do you think happened with Mehdi's 1-shot Doc and Safety receiving a result he didn't Doc?

In post 2277, Jake from State Farm wrote:Cheery's suggestion to NL is bad

I actually think it's pretty good. Half the living game is still uninvestigated, and scumteam didn't kill last night, suggesting that they're constrained by the last plan. With zero NKs, the whole game can be investigated.

VOTE: No Lynch

In post 2304, Jake from State Farm wrote:Obviously xis can't quote his role pm about the 2 cards but id sure love to heart better explanation. Mine doesn't say granted. I'd also like to know what his cop role name is (unless he said it and I missed it)

My role PM has three headings.

-The first is the same as the sample townie PM from the intro to the game, save some slight formatting differences (I have fewer newlines than the sample).
-The second lists my cards, each in their own box. Both Marvin and Ventnor have something like "Doesn't do anything yet" as their description
-The third is an Upgrade section. It says since I have two yellows I possess the Cop ability, and may target a player at night, receiving results in an I/G format.

"Granted" was my own paraphrasing. The original text was just "have".

@Mod
: Is it permissible for me to discuss subjects from the neighbourhood quicktopic if I do not quote directly?
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

I had hope that you can discuss these things seeing as I just did...

I'm gonna try this again. Why did you say AT LEAST two?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 2306, Lord Mhork wrote:I had hope that you can discuss these things seeing as I just did...

I'm gonna try this again. Why did you say AT LEAST two?

In post 2305, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@Lord Mhork
:

Directed at xis. Sorry.

That's how the power works.

In post 1267, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 1266, Jal wrote:Cheery - why did you use your useless power card on me?

Because you had claimed not having 2 cards, and therefore by using it on you I could see if it actually did anything.
Which to then explain that I'll have to actually tell you what it was - A deed counter which tells me if someone has at least two cards.
(Which I was fairly sure everyone did as it makes the most sense) The answer was that you did have at least two cards.
I also assume more light "green" cards would increase the number I can check for, otherwise it won't tell me anything.

In post 1804, Jal wrote:
Light green is same as CD
, which is why I thought Xis' push on him for that aspect was stupid.

In post 1805, Xisiqomelir wrote:I received the final light green.
It does work exactly as Cheery and Jal have described.

Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

That's a really stupid ability. I coulda sworn someone mentioned it counted the number of deeds.
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:42 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

After I claimed mine's existence, I said I was hoping for it to actually give me a number, but no, it's always been "at least 2", though I only used mine the once.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Then why are you saying 'it always does this'? 0.o
Show

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 2306, Lord Mhork wrote:I had hope that you can discuss these things seeing as I just did...

All right then.

@Cheery Dog
: What exactly did Mhork "alter" and why is that strange to you?
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

@Mod
: Is it permissible for me to discuss subjects from the neighbourhood quicktopic if I do not quote directly?

~Paraphrasing is fine. Direct quotes aren't~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Because that's what I suspected would happen, and what did happen, and it hasn't updated anything. I also know it did nothing against someone that who I had figured had more than 2 cards when I had used it.

pedit - The read of Medhi - not thinking Medhi should be vigged which I understood to be a townread, which happened near the deadline of day 2 - and then he was feeling conflicted of Mehdi in the neighbourhood. Being conflicted about someone I would have thought would make an okay vig kill, to solve having to read the troublesomeness of him. But the statement in thread was telling me Mhork had Mehdi as a town read. (Just checked it; )I also didn't really see any attempts to actually read him better from Mhork yesterday anyway, just rejecting my theory that Mehdi was possibly a ninja was really the only talk about Mehdi he joined in with yesterday before he voted)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:45 pm

In post 2309, Cheery Dog wrote:After I claimed mine's existence, I said I was hoping for it to actually give me a number, but no, it's always been "at least 2", though I only used mine the once.

Who did you use yours on each night?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 pm

@ xis - there is no way we are both telling the truth. Nobody visited safety, I wasn't roleblocked, you claim an inno on safety

It's not possible.

If scum had a ninja - these PRs would be dead by now
If scum had a redirector - these PRs would be dead by now

You have generally lurked your way through this game and I've definitely read some d1 interactions that make me think you could be buddies with lurker.

We aren't No-lynching

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:35 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 2314, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 2309, Cheery Dog wrote:After I claimed mine's existence, I said I was hoping for it to actually give me a number, but no, it's always been "at least 2", though I only used mine the once.

Who did you use yours on each night?

I've only used it on Jal night 1 - see my response to Mhork on the same think if you're confused.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 am

I missed the last sentence of that post actually lol, it's too early for me

Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Jal »

I already explained your motives, Xis.

I just love how you kinda treat Safety like he is still kind of scummy and that he is probably town because... oh wait, in your eyes he should be definitely town.

These are your current town reads: Xis, Jake, Jal, Safety, Jake (one of Mhork and Cheery are scum). Great.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 am

Post by SafetyDance »

@SafetyDance
:

In post 2284, SafetyDance wrote:

Directed at xis. Sorry.

Lol at you trying to start a discussion with Xis. If we left you two at it for the rest of the day phase you wouldn't get onto an extra page. :roll:

For someone who whines about sniping, you're certainly quite the fan of it as a debate tactic, aren't you?

Independently of the investigation, I should probably point out to the game that you're most likely town because you cut and run as scum in my direct experience.

I love the fact that you can spend much time going through other games but can't even be bothered to engage in this game properly. And yes, I consider someone who's been in here since the start who's post count barely outstrips the moderator as not engaging consistently in the game.

It was a valid commented directed at the two of you who have barely engaged in any meaningful discussion all game. Left to your own devices the thread would become a barren wasteland. All game your MO has been to post a bunch of quote walls, post several links and then disappear into the shadows whence you came. When someone makes points towards you, you spam-quote again picking only points you want to talk about and then slink back in shadows, then two days later come back and make some pithy comment about something else.

You're meant to be the cop. What about some actual leading or strong posts. You haven't voted yet so I can only assume based on your own criteria you're not scum hunting, so what gives?

Also I wouldn't place too much stock in games with time issues but hey, whatever floats you're boat. I'm off to read Cards Against Humanity.

In post 2284, SafetyDance wrote:Oh look, there's Virginia. So is he trying to claim it as from mehdi because hmmm

There's no need to insinuate. If you're suggesting I've had Virginia since D3 instead of today as I claim, just say so. You'll be in the fine company of my other investigation. While you're at it, can you supply a reason for this nefarious concealment?

And as a hypothetical, what are your reads out of the uninvestigated side of the playerlist?

Rofl, nefarious concealment? What, you mean like in the post directly below? Haha. :roll:

Also:
In post 2276, Jal wrote:Wait shh, I need to work this out. TBG had 4 cards before his death so it works out. We know TBG has gotten the vig card over night. I got the railroad. Last purple card had to be given at night
unless
scum switched when they got their cards.

In post 2279, Jake from State Farm wrote:Who ha
s
the missing card?

In post 2281, Jal wrote:Xis.

So its pretty clear for anyone with two eyes, yeah, its out in the open you got an extra card night/day three not now. Again, anyone paying attention (the evidence of you hotlinking everywhere suggest you are in fact, at least reading this game) would have SEEN the discussion yesterday about the missing card, one that you did not mention once at all day three.

Mehdi saw the discussion, so did guille and we KNOW right now they are town, so why would they conceal getting the card, there's no town motivation for doing so. So yeah you should really answer that.

And also address the 1v1 instead of deflecting it. You can't get away with that now. It's pretty fucking important and means any other read is irrelevant atm. You have to convince us why you're not lying and why Jake is. Frankly, you're doing a shit job. I don't care that you inno'd me, I think you've been playing scummy since I first replaced in.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 2308, Lord Mhork wrote:That's a really stupid ability. I coulda sworn someone mentioned it counted the number of deeds.

Just more evidence you really didn't bother to read anything at all Day 2. What on earth were you doing?

In post 2295, SafetyDance wrote:Graphical representation of the night actions

Spoiler:

Holy shit, I suck with abbreviations. :facepalm:

P-edit: Where did #2318 come from, did not see that at all. :S

Anyway using that list Jal mhork and cheery would have to be both be scum; 6 alive = 4 town + 2 scum.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 am

Post by SafetyDance »

We don't really know for sure there's no action interference here. It's not completely confirmed that we all start the day as VT or Goon with powers solely from cards and there's this:

In post 1003, Mehdi2277 wrote:VOTE: Safety I'll need an explanation for this eventually, but for now I just asked gnr and found out my chance protect does count as a visit so 1 vs 1 does work (I don't believe safety would be rb'd when his slot was empty at night which is the only decent explanation other then one of us is scum).

Medhi must've used the card, there's no reason for this to be falso now and I know I got a jack shitt result so there's a problem here.

Jake is confident it's a 1v1 and threw up the wifom that it doesn't matter who we lynch, if that person is town then you vig the other.

He's adamant there's no roleblocker (or something) out there too but IF Xis is town then that would mean Jake-scum is going into the night and if there's a manipulative role then they could just as easily use that on you Jal, kill someone else town and win the game.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:58 am

There is potentially 1 scenario where a RB would fit but I need to get to my computer to put it on paper to see if its plausible. I'll be home in about an hour or so

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:20 pm

the idea I was thinking of didn't work out so yeah I stand by my opinion I don't think there is a RB. The ONLY way there is a RB is if it's one Safety/Cheery/myself because if we are all town and mafia had a RB, they could have easily picked us off by now.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

@ xis

In vanger mafia you definitely posted more than you have here. You are averaging a post ever 1 and a 1/3 pages. This isn't anything like your town play either.

You also said early on that if I was town we were going to "rock the scumtastic again" however you haven't rocked anything.

Why the lack of posting? Where's the rocking?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”