zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:44 am

Post by zabriel »

I agree with your thought process, but this is starting to feel like [On-going game].
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:49 am

Post by zabriel »

@Mod - Siv is due for a prod and The Puck will be due for a prod in about an hour.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 723, zabriel wrote:Self-voting pisses me off except in very certain circumstances, which are generally limited to scum self-hammers. Self-votes are basically the purview of emotional newbies and scum who want to look like emotional newbies.

@Wisdom - What did you and what do you now think of Fuzzy? How does this impact your view of McQueen?

I've seen town self-vote before, though the way mcqueen goes about doing so seems pretty scummy.

The only time I've ever seen town self-vote is early-game, usually as reaction-fishing. Clearly, we're way beyond the point of that still being effective anymore. It seems more like an attempt to reinforce his meta defense, to me.

His premature claim isn't making his case any stronger, either.
I am the self-made liberator,
I am the alpha and omega.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Um. Oh. Thought there might be more to prods.

I think I should probably be replaced, I'm really disinterested in this game. Sorry, N.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:48 am

Post by mcqueen »

My computer has a virus so I might not be posting as much, sorry.

As for my self-vote... yea I shouldn't have done it, but I hate how every game people attack me as Town, when I always play the same style. It's pointless and gets me pissed off.

Also, if you thought I was joking earlier about the self-vote, you guys could have hammered me for awhile now.
Given it gives Town a pretty big chance to come up big later, with a correct lynch Day 1, I cannot figure out how my refusal to remove my self-vote is scummy, how I can be Scum, when I could have been long lynched by now.

If you still think I'm Scum, lynch me, but that gives Scum a very big advantage, if you do.

--

I'm not liking the hydra. You two are all but the same, you replace in for a side of your hydra, I don't think it should have been allowed.

Wisdom is just a lost needle in a haystack.

D_O is attacking me because he implies from his thoughts I'm scummy. Implies. His thoughts do not make him think I'm scummy, he implies from them. That's terrible.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

I disagree with your whole third paragraph, and it makes you seem even more scummy.

Also, why is D_O's attack terrible? I think he was pretty clear.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 729, mcqueen wrote:
As for my self-vote... yea I shouldn't have done it, but I hate how every game people attack me as Town, when I always play the same style. It's pointless and gets me pissed off.

Also, if you thought I was joking earlier about the self-vote, you guys could have hammered me for awhile now.
Given it gives Town a pretty big chance to come up big later, with a correct lynch Day 1, I cannot figure out how my refusal to remove my self-vote is scummy, how I can be Scum, when I could have been long lynched by now.

If you still think I'm Scum, lynch me, but that gives Scum a very big advantage, if you do.

--

Wisdom is just a lost needle in a haystack.

D_O is attacking me because he implies from his thoughts I'm scummy. Implies. His thoughts do not make him think I'm scummy, he implies from them. That's terrible.

So if
this
is how you play as town, then explain to me, how do you play as scum? Can you show me another game where you outed yourself as an actual town PR under minimal pressure? I'd also accept a game where you self-vote as a town PR.

Your argument about the self-vote is invalid, because self-voting and inviting a potential hammer is almost always an anti-town play. Town should be doing their best to hunt the scum, not wasting time with a meaningless vote. Doing so is inherently anti-town, there's no reason frustrated scum wouldn't do the same thing, especially if they have the meta you claim to have.

Why should we not think you're scum? What have you done in this game that's pro-town? All I see out of you is baseless arguments, unnecessary attacks of the intelligence levels of other players, and the self-vote. Without a single visible trace of any effort at scum-hunting. If you think I'm wrong, go ahead and try and prove it.

Reasons. Why do you say that about Wisdom? Not that I don't agree, but still, actually try and pose some kind of an argument.

Did that even make sense to you? I'm not even going to address that one, it's not even worth my time.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

UNVOTE: Wisdom
VOTE: mcqueen
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:33 am

Post by BeautyAndTheBeast »

Haven't talked to Mollie.
CF Riot is town as fuck, but his slot was already town so that doesn't help me much.

In post 665, Disturbed_One wrote:I wasn't making a comparison. I was using your play as an example of a difficult player to read.

As a comparison with Mollie's play. :neutral:

In post 665, Disturbed_One wrote:I do not actually agree that your play is similar and am not comparing your play to Mollie's. I am surprised you thought I was.

The thing you're calling Mollie out for is something I frequently do regardless of alignment - insult other players.

In post 665, Disturbed_One wrote:
Only you could have the gall to tell me to read the thread when at least a page or two is formed every time I log on. Not using that as an excuse, just saying.

I reckon the illiterate should not attempt for the papacy.

In post 665, Disturbed_One wrote:
That said, is that really your best explanation? Come now, I think you can do better than that. That's not at all a very specific explanation. I've seen you go through an entire ISO to attempt to get me mislynched in the game I played with you, yet this is how you explain a town-read? With two sentences and no coherent conclusion?

Really? I put in a different amount of effort in explaining a town read than I do into getting a player lynched I think is scum? Those things are so similar by their very nature! Say it ain't so!

Also - interesting use of the word mislynch. Was I scum in that game? I
require
an answer to this in your next post.

In post 683, Disturbed_One wrote:But fuzzybutternut or mcqueen are good bets.

>Same slot

You really
aren't
reading the game, are you?

In post 729, mcqueen wrote:I'm not liking the hydra. You two are all but the same, you replace in for a side of your hydra, I don't think it should have been allowed.

I'm not actually sure what you're trying to say here. I do like that you're the first person to take a stand re: this slot after soloMollie.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 733, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:

The thing you're calling Mollie out for is something I frequently do regardless of alignment - insult other players.

Really? I put in a different amount of effort in explaining a town read than I do into getting a player lynched I think is scum? Those things are so similar by their very nature! Say it ain't so!

require

>Same slot

You really
aren't

You insult other players? I had no idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my argument is actually about how I think Mollie is not adequately explaining her stances on players such as HD, simply calling them "stupid" as her primary argument. While you're as equally into insulting other players, I don't believe you hide behind your insults over your arguments. I've always felt you have very clear arguments (with the exception of this game, though). You insult players, but you do not hide behind those insults to make your points.

Feel to agree or disagree on that, that's just my take on it.

Oh, I'm illiterate, eh? Huh, that's interesting. Last I checked, I've read through every page of this game (some more than once) and I'm actually hunting scum. I reckon you should be doing the same thing, how's that sound?

Yes, you were scum. I'm referring to the newbie game where you and Robo were the scum team. Ring a bell? You posted one of the most in-depth cases I've ever seen on this site in an attempt to mislynch me. I fondly remember you failed in doing so.

That was a mistake and a pretty bad one at that. However, that's already been addressed. I can't but help think you're the one not actually reading the game, seeing as you missed that.

Unless you're just doing everything in your power to be an insufferable curmudgeon, which is definitely not beyond you.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by mcqueen »

D_O, you're going to have to find the games on your own, I honestly can't until I'm able to use a computer again.

The self-vote as a Town PR argument is invalid here, as the whole Town is PRs.

If you still think I'm Scum, lynch me, I'm beyond caring at this point.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Post by CF Riot »

lol, curmudgeon.

re: McQueen, I believe he would claim and selfvote at L-5 as town. That's all really. If it's a big gambit he cooked up as scum then it worked on me. I think he's just that kind of player, and when I read it I bought it. That being said, the way he's gone about it is hella annoying and I wish he'd actually participate and vote scum rather than pout and shout about how obvtown he is for playing anti-town.

In post 728, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:I think I should probably be replaced, I'm really disinterested in this game. Sorry, N.

This imo should make all the Siv votes disappear.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:11 pm

In post 734, Disturbed_One wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but my argument is actually about how I think Mollie is not adequately explaining her stances on players such as HD, simply calling them "stupid" as her primary argument. While you're as equally into insulting other players, I don't believe you hide behind your insults over your arguments. I've always felt you have very clear arguments (with the exception of this game, though). You insult players, but you do not hide behind those insults to make your points.

I don't feel you've adequately proven that she's hiding her stances behind insults beyond the argument that she is, indeed, using insults.

In post 734, Disturbed_One wrote:and I'm actually hunting scum. I reckon you should be doing the same thing, how's that sound?

Tell me whom the scum are, and why.

In post 734, Disturbed_One wrote:Yes, you were scum. I'm referring to the newbie game where you and Robo were the scum team. Ring a bell? You posted one of the most in-depth cases I've ever seen on this site in an attempt to mislynch me. I fondly remember you failed in doing so.

So your issue with me is that I'm not playing the same way I play as scum. Wouldn't that make me town?

In post 734, Disturbed_One wrote:
That was a mistake and a pretty bad one at that. However, that's already been addressed. I can't but help think you're the one not actually reading the game, seeing as you missed that.

I didn't miss anything, I just left it in the post because I like to be a ... how do you put it? Oh yes;

In post 734, Disturbed_One wrote: an insufferable curmudgeon
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by N »

Prodding The Puck
Vote Count 1.13
Disturbed_One
( 0 )
Mitillos
( 0 )
kmd4390
( 0 )
Siveure DtTrikyp
( 2 ) zabriel , kmd4390
ProHawk
( 1 ) theslimer3
mcqueen
( 4 ) Siveure DtTrikyp , mcqueen , Wisdom , Disturbed_One 
theslimer3
( 0 )
BeautyAndTheBeast
( 0 )
Wisdom
( 2 ) Human Destroyer , ProHawk
zabriel
( 0 )
CF Riot
( 1 ) The Puck
The Puck
( 0 )
Human Destroyer
( 1 ) Mitillos

Not voting:
CF Riot , BeautyAndTheBeast

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-02-28 20:30:20)

zabriel is V/LA until 28th of Feb
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:16 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

N, what's your view on Sivs replacing out?
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 735, mcqueen wrote:D_O, you're going to have to find the games on your own, I honestly can't until I'm able to use a computer again.

The self-vote as a Town PR argument is invalid here, as the whole Town is PRs.

If you still think I'm Scum, lynch me, I'm beyond caring at this point.

That's a fair point, what I'm trying to wrap my head around is your premature claim, however. I'd still like to see a game where you prematurely claim as town. PR or not. You have a lot of games, just give the link the next time you can access a PC.

If you don't care, you should replace out.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 pm

In post 734, Disturbed_One wrote:
In post 733, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:

require

>Same slot

You really
aren't

You insult other players? I had no idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong,
but my argument is actually about how I think Mollie is not adequately explaining her stances on players such as HD, simply calling them "stupid" as her primary argument.
While you're as equally into insulting other players, I don't believe you hide behind your insults over your arguments. I've always felt you have very clear arguments (with the exception of this game, though). You insult players, but you do not hide behind those insults to make your points.

Feel to agree or disagree on that, that's just my take on it.

Oh, I'm illiterate, eh? Huh, that's interesting. Last I checked, I've read through every page of this game (some more than once) and I'm actually hunting scum. I reckon you should be doing the same thing, how's that sound?

Yes, you were scum. I'm referring to the newbie game where you and Robo were the scum team. Ring a bell? You posted one of the most in-depth cases I've ever seen on this site in an attempt to mislynch me. I fondly remember you failed in doing so.

Unless you're just doing everything in your power to be an insufferable curmudgeon, which is definitely not beyond you.

erm, wrt bold

I said hd's argument was dumb, not him, especially since he had a baseline for play in a game where he lynched me as scum. I dispelled this argument already, which you ignored but only to bring it back up and push it? freaking A, lol

why can we not lynch DO right now

VOTE: DO

I think cfriot looks town and so does mcqueen

and slimer

let's be friends

-mollie
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Why is mcqueen town, mollie?
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 737, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
I don't feel you've adequately proven that she's hiding her stances behind insults beyond the argument that she is, indeed, using insults.

Tell me whom the scum are, and why.

So your issue with me is that I'm not playing the same way I play as scum. Wouldn't that make me town?

Her logic for HD consisted of "he's an idiot." Not very clear cut reasoning, if you ask me. Then again, you are you. That's probably all the reasoning you need.

Read the thread and you will see who I think is scum and why. You really are lazy this game, aren't you?

I don't really see why you'd be any more or less lazy depending on alignment.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm

In post 742, Wisdom wrote:Why is mcqueen town, mollie?

cos he is town flailing like how are you missing this shit
theslimer3
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
theslimer3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by theslimer3 »

Friend? I've never had a friend before Image
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Wisdom »

I don't see that as town flailing. It looks like an act.
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

In post 741, BeautyAndTheBeast wrote:
erm, wrt bold

I said hd's argument was dumb, not him, especially since he had a baseline for play in a game where he lynched me as scum. I dispelled this argument already, which you ignored but only to bring it back up and push it? freaking A, lol

why can we not lynch DO right now

VOTE: DO
-mollie

That doesn't at all address my accusation, actually, or the point behind it.

Instead of actually making arguments, you dismiss arguments and call them "dumb" and use that as your only evidence for their dismissal.

Also, you want to lynch me based on that? You've got to be kidding me.

Explain how I'm "pushing" anything. Am I voting you? No, I'm not. To be fair, I can see the difference between you calling a player dumb and calling an argument dumb. But that difference isn't great enough to seriously accuse me over it.

Your logic doesn't even make sense here. Do you think I'm deliberately misrepresenting you or something?
Disturbed_One
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Disturbed_One
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by Disturbed_One »

And before you claim I'm trying to misrepresent you again, I will actually amend my previous post.

You don't always dismiss arguments in the fashion I've described, but you did do so with HD's arguments.
BeautyAndTheBeast
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
BeautyAndTheBeast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 pm

In post 743, Disturbed_One wrote:
Her logic for HD consisted of "he's an idiot." Not very clear cut reasoning, if you ask me. Then again, you are you. That's probably all the reasoning you need.

Read the thread and you will see who I think is scum and why. You really are lazy this game, aren't you?

I don't really see why you'd be any more or less lazy depending on alignment.

Show me quotes regarding 1 and 2. I'm asking you to evince your statements, you don't respond by saying "god ur lazy y dont u go look".

And you made a meta argument in regards to a disparity you perceived. If you don't see why I'd be more or less lazy based on alignment, why bring up the meta argument to begin with?

Mollie
- I agree with Wisdom re: mcqueen, particularly since he ramped up his VI-posting after I said some of his actions gave me pause as to my scumread on his slot.

Return to “Completed Open Games”