NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:31 am

Post by UberNinja »

@ pm: re: matt:

In post 656, MattP wrote:-Pirate Mollie
-Uberninja
-theunderarchivers (Nero and Mastin2)
-Josh Lyman (where the fuck is this guy)
-PeregrineV
-JacobSavage
-Mozamis
-Herobrine
-Lord Mhork

^At least 4 of the 5 scums are here positive

In post 744, MattP wrote:Prior to that I'm going to post my CURRENT reads list, w/o looking at either of the wagons

Town:

-MattP
-Vifam
-Reverend
-I am Innocent
-Zabriel
-Penguin_alien
-Om
-Bitmap
-Majiffy
-chkflip

Probtown

-Aj the epic
-Borkjerfan
-Pirate Mollie

Null

-Uberninja
-Josh Lyman (where the fuck is this guy)

Probscum

-theunderarchivers (Nero and Mastin2)
-PeregrineV
-JacobSavage
-Mozamis
-Herobrine

Scum

-Lord Mhork

In post 841, MattP wrote:TY UN for scumming it up and removing chance of an IAI lynch

You're awesome

oh and then only recently this happened

In post 2448, MattP wrote:
In post 2440, UberNinja wrote:Matt-scum QT posts look pretty damning

VOTE: UN

Opportunistic scumshit

Fucking "damning" my ass

I DO THIS SHIT AS TOWN AND SCUM AND YOU KNOW THAT

You can fencesit more you useless scummy scumshit

In post 2460, MattP wrote:
In post 2449, Majiffy wrote:Where were you when we were trying to lynch UN earlier?

I was in the bathroom

idk it has been giving me weird feels since he has been relatively ignoring me/sniping me all game

kind of like peregrineV. but nobody is paying attention to peregrineV who needs to die

and everyone was paying attention to matt, so i just kinda let that happen as it would and sat back and enjoyed not having to be the attention whore and carry the game on my shoulders for the first day and a half or so

and look what happened. he had a fucking meltdown
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

My gut tells me Matt's the wrong choice.

VOTE: Majiffy

You've been subtly buddying me all game while not really committing to a read on me either way (except you say I'm off my meta), but #2913 looks like you're prepping to jump on me if the wagon gains any traction.
beefycheese
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 am

Post by TheReverend »

Ok so I read arc's iso and basically jacob is scum. I'm so lynching that mofocker when he returns.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 am

Post by penguin_alien »

MattP, I'm still trying to understand the thought process behind your reaction test of I Am Innocent last day phase. You say that if he'd been a VT, he'd have 1v1'd you, calling out your fake claim. Which is all well and good, but given that if you'd been right about him being scum he'd most likely have claimed a PR that would have been truthfully CC'd, and if he had a PR with or without a gun he'd probably have been forced to claim truthfully to avoid being strung up under LaL(iars). So either we get a one for one trade for scum vs. PR (which might be acceptable?) or we out a PR based on your hunch that you couldn't get anyone to follow?

I get more of a town vibe from your posts this day phase, and I'm more suspicious of people like zabriel and JacobSavage who happily traipsed along after your proposed wagon, but my vote on ArcAngel9 over you last day phase wasn't a slam-dunk, no matter how well it worked out, and I don't think her flip invalidates the suspicion on you.

zabriel's ISO shows a lack of commitment to anything that isn't hopping on wagons and he's projecting a studied air of indifference to game events with all the references to being stoned. JacobSavage still reads scummy to me for his lackadaisical sheeping Day One, and his two read lists, one with zero reasoning shown and one that copied the OP (?!?) don't improve on that.

I don't know if having pirate mollie directing our kills to avoid outing the last mason is optimal. I get that a mason pair is very useful, and the IC isn't too shabby, but if there are other PRs out there, saying who's getting investigated gives scum a to-be-conf-town target that has a non-zero chance of having an active power that would mess with scum plans. This whole line of logic only follows anyways if we're expecting a role claim from the investigation target. Why not just make it acceptable for said last mason to claim VT if pressed, and if pirate mollie is NK'd and scum tries to claim mason, it's a 1v1 situation where we only risk losing a non-active PR? I'd think the odds of I Am Innocent picking the last mason are low enough that the lack of info for scum is a better advantage.

I don't think The Reverend is scummy for not falling in love with the 'pirate mollie directs our cop to protect a passive PR' plan. I'd agree that Vifam pushed ArcAngel9 enough to be dismissed as a scum suspect, given that JK seems like a scum role worth protecting on their team. borkjerfkin saying the ArcAngel9 vote was a compromise rather than going for town credit with the vote makes me think he wasn't in the know about her being scum.

zabriel, do you have a scum read on anyone?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:18 am

Post by pirate mollie »

what kills would I be directing? what do you mean by "our" kills?

see this is why you people drive me crazy
whew!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:20 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Blergh, meant investigations. Apologies for driving you crazy.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2922, UberNinja wrote:
In post 2904, pirate mollie wrote:and jacob lurked and lurked and lurked

lol this sounds like you read it straight from a children's book :)

Well when you say it
that
way.

In post 2926, borkjerfkin wrote:VOTE: Majiffy

You've been subtly buddying me all game while not really committing to a read on me either way

... I've been calling you scummy all game.

Also, isn't that the second time PA has slipped kills instead of something else this game?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:28 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2859, AngryPidgeon wrote:Peregrine, who the fuck would use a 1x Cop invention to self-investigate? What the actual fuck. Matt was obviously making a joke.

Obviously. Makes sense. Just feeling a little dense today, maybe.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 am

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 733, penguin_alien wrote:Sorry mozamis, somehow I confused your early reference to pirate_mollie with a vote.

Majiffy, this was where I made a factual mistake earlier in the thread.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:46 am

Post by pirate mollie »

VOTE: penguin alien

majiffy did you ever look into penguin's meta in the games we 3 have played together?
whew!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Majiffy »

Do I ever?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Mollie can you answer my question in 2816?
beefycheese
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:49 am

Post by Majiffy »

Bork would you like to address the fact that your reason for your vote on me is a blatant lie, and probably OMGUS?

||
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:50 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Or more accurately, correct my assumption in 2816 as I thought you were trying to call penguin town there.

p-edit: sec
beefycheese
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:52 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1546, Majiffy wrote:I can't believe I watched a full game of football...

Some notes;
Alicia Keys and that chick who did America The Beautiful with the little kids were actually singing live.
Beyonce/Destiny's Child was all lipsynched.

Carry on, my wayward sons.

--------------------------------------------------

In post 1535, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1530, Majiffy wrote:1) We have this argument like once every 3 or 4 games. I don't "usually" read you early. In fact, it's a rarity when I do. Typically I take a while to read you.
2) UA was shit. My reads and my push on UA were not shit. Dealwithit.gif.
3) I've either seen her/played with her in a handful of games now. And no, I don't read the games I GM
thoroughly
, but I do skim.
4) Bork isn't being his typical bork self and that's problematic.
5) Your vote is bad and you should feel bad.

1. I think the last time we had this argument you were scum.
2. ua was not shit I liked what he had to say and I like his reads.
3. yeah but you made an offhand comment like that trying to help daphne when we were all scum together and you have flat stated that most of the time you don't read your games that is why you sat around doing nothing while I was getting accused of cheating in your game.
4. I think borky looks fine.
5. I feel pretty good about my vote when you start playing towards a town win condition I might change it!

1) Doesn't change the validity.
2) Well... I'll hold my tongue, but I'm sure you know what I would say.
3) My interactions with Daphne were entirely to distance her from me since I knew I was getting lynched next. And it worked, mostly. I don't feel the situations are even close enough to merit a comparison.

4) You haven't played enough games with him then.
5) Lynching UA
was
playing to a town win con. UA was awful, and I'm a firm advocate of cutting the chaff in early stages of large games.

Oh and to whomever asked about my scumreads, add Moza in too. I forgot he existed in this game.

coming back to this

someone said they liked that I pointed this out about majiffy. who said that cos I can't remember
whew!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:53 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Majiffy wrote:... I've been calling you scummy all game...

You've been being incredibly nebulous about it all game -- just once in a while mentioning me and other times not putting me in your list. You're also not treating me like someone you find scummy. You've said that I'm off my meta. That is it.

I'm not even going to address the OMGUS thing as OMGUS is stupid.
beefycheese
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2928, penguin_alien wrote:[Zabriel is] projecting a studied air of indifference

lol. I assure you that Zab is not a mafia mastermind.

In post 2928, penguin_alien wrote:I don't know if having pirate mollie directing our kills

Is this a scumslip, what the fuck >.> If this is a scumslip and you make it to endgame I will HATE myself.

Seriously though, I think Mollie should toss out 3 investigate targets and IaI should investigate one of those 3 randomly. It makes it hard for scum to guess whilst still getting a solid investigation in that is guaranteed to not be the mason.

In post 2928, penguin_alien wrote:borkjerfkin saying the ArcAngel9 vote was a compromise rather than going for town credit with the vote makes me think he wasn't in the know about her being scum.

Oh god. Please don't write off Bork that easily. That is not even remotely hard to fake as scum.

--

Lets lynch Bork. Im 100% serious. He is probably scum.

@Majiffy: You are right, Nacho asked about Bork's AA vote and Bork said "Its a compromise vote, why do are you asking"? That is scummy as hell. Why is Bork so defensive about his AA9 vote? Its totally reasonable to ask someone why they are voting a player, even if they are just sheeping you. Bork's reaction was really defensive for someone asking him about a vote he made with no explanation in the post. Bork had basically completely ignored AA9 up until post 2311 where he decides to vote her. There was plenty of reason to ask him about his vote, compromise situation or not. He implies that Nacho could be scum for asking for sheep and cases simultaneously instead of just rolling his eyes or whatever a townie would do that was frustrated with Nacho's shenanigans. Lynch him.

@Penguin: Bork is scum and your townread on him is wrong. Calling AA9 a compromise lynch when asked is not a super townie thing to do. The general town consensus was that we needed a lynch. At the very least Vifam and I were taking the same stance. Its a pro-town mindset which is different from being town and oftentimes not hard to fake. Seriously, all he did was jump on AA and say she was a compromise. It would have been scummy as balls for scum-Bork to do a 180 and start talking about how obvscum AA is despite having ignored her all Day.

And that MAjiffy OMGUS was adorable. Come on guys, I know you want to lynch Bork. I promise there will be cake.

P-edit: reaidng..
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:00 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 2940, borkjerfkin wrote:You're also not treating me like someone you find scummy.

Classic scum defense. 'Prove' that the attacker knows they are town. Lynch this.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:00 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

AP I'll start talking to you again when you get out of confirmation bias mode because jesus christ.
beefycheese
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 am

Post by pirate mollie »

I am asking a serious question in post #2939

who was it that asked me this, ap was it you?
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03 am

Post by pirate mollie »

or not asked but stated
whew!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:05 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I dont think so? Im not even sure what your point was. Im missing context.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 am

Post by penguin_alien »

AngryPidgeon, I've seen zabriel lurk as town, and he seemed to be less inclined to throw in excuses and extraneous content then. There's enough to read that's relevant in this 100+ page game without going through posts talking about how stoned he is.

I was thinking about how things would work with pirate mollie giving us two investigation targets, with the unchosen one being held over for the next day to reduce the PoE in scum finding the last mason on their end. I don't know if giving the scum a ballpark to work in offsets not making the last mason conf-town for them though.

I don't love the part in borkjerfkin's ISO where he goes from thinking the only scummy thing I've done is not write off UberNinja's Vifam-grammar theory (here) and has me as one of his top lynch choices a couple pages later (here). And then goes to voting I Am Innocent here. I guess I'm willing to see where this goes.

VOTE: borkjerfkin
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:16 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 2940, borkjerfkin wrote:You've been being incredibly nebulous about it all game -- just once in a while mentioning me and other times not putting me in your list. You're also not treating me like someone you find scummy. You've said that I'm off my meta. That is it.

That's why I haven't pushed hard on it. ITT I don't think you've done a whole lot that merits calling you scum, but I'm certainly not getting a town vibe from you.

In post 2941, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Majiffy: You are right, Nacho asked about Bork's AA vote and Bork said "Its a compromise vote, why do are you asking"? That is scummy as hell.

It would be, if that's what had happened. But it wasn't.
Nacho: What's your case on AA?
Bork: I don't have a case. It's a compromise vote.

That's not scummy, that's answering a question as asked. Go ISO fishing, I'm sure you can come up with a better point to drive home about Bork.

||

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”