NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Oh look, we're back to you not being funny.

In post 1793, Lord Mhork wrote:Why is ArcAngel town? And do you think that Uber's behaviour is indicative of scum?

This, for instance, reads townie for the same reason most others do. I can't see scum being so stupidly, irrationally, aggressively, obviously scummy like this. Like, at all.

1) Doesn't seem like scum play. The wagon, on the other hand, seems like scum-pushed, apathetic-town filled. Look for those advocating the lynch and not placing a vote there.
2) Yes. Obviously. My vote is on Uber.
3) Too Scummy To Be Scum is absolutely awful reasoning.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Will use my lunch hour to do some catching up today.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 1705, AngryPidgeon wrote:Jesus. Uber is going for hard lynches and people are accusing him of being scum for that.

Eternal shame.

Just to be clear, I don't think Uber is scum. He is pos town/null to me. I just think his reads are way off.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:44 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1746, UberNinja wrote:Fine I will tone it down then, if you bitches can't stand a little heat in the kitchen

If you insult everyone, you won't gain any support for your candidates. It's politics.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1676, mozamis wrote:So that was informative, thanks Jacob. Any thoughts on the game? Any contribution to make? Any desire to catch scum?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:56 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

penguin wrote:UberNinja's willingness to cop to misinterpreting Vifam's grammar thing makes me think the former is town, although I don't see that I was unreasonable in asking UberNinja to back up his original statement. If he'd come back telling me to check out any/all of Vifam's games to see such a tell in action, I'd have tracked it/them down, but given that Vifam seems to have around 50 games, and I'd think if some straightforward tell had existed in all of them he'd have adjusted accordingly, I don't think it was unreasonable to ask UberNinja to back up the point originally.

The point was objectively a bad point and I don't like that you're humoring it.
beefycheese
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 am

Post by TheReverend »

Prod dodging. Sorry guys I have two other games at crucial stage, so this has slipped down my list of priorities. I need to catch up from #1702, just making a note of that.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:56 am

Post by TheReverend »

I stopped reading because of all the waa waa, it's hurting my eyes. Stop arguing like little girls, people, it doesn't help.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

@AP, re 1574, when I am town and replace into a game post X number of flips, I make sure to note those flips as I do my reread. That way I have X+1 known player alignments that I have to work with. I would have been looking to see who subtly got on the UA wagon, maybe who pushed it the hardest with maybe little reasoning. Saw none of that of from you, which I found strange personally. Have I drawn any conclusions? I am having a hard enough time keeping up let alone enough time to go back and read how that all went down. What I do remember is that Jacob hinted at sheeping matt onto the wagon, but I don't believe he finally committed until his own wagon took off and he became a viable lynch candidate.

Along with the lurking/not contributing, his last 3 votes were on Lord, myself, and UA. Two of those alignments I know to be town, and the 3rd I feel very strongly about or else my wagon would have taken off more than it did.

@AP, re 1575, asking for scum list is something I do as town, and mimic as scum to avoid producing a scumtell. In the switchboard, a quick iso shows I asked Toasty, absta, and by 296, I asked everyone who is still alive.

@Zabriel, you vote for me in 1595 stating "I would not mind picking up the IaI wagon again." I do not see you calling me scum, but you use your vote to join a wagon of one? Are you implying you did not have any scum reads at that time?

PV, in 1560, you say you're iso'ing me. Then in 1671 you say I'm probably scum. But no case. Something's not lining up, can you help figure it out? :?

@AP, why isn't Jacob on your compromise list in 1749?

@Jacob, why haven't you voted today? You were all about the bankable hrs D1?

At this point I'd be hard pressed to get off of Jacob. Possibly Zab, who also sheeped Matt yesterday from Lord to me to UA.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Vifam: Im promising a Zab scum flip? I hadn't even decided on my favorite pony yet. And how is what I have said any different than you saying "I am rarely wrong" to justify a Mastinero push? You are so scum its silly.

@IaI: Ok, I guess Vifam is/was the person I feel mainly suspicious of on the Mastinero wagon? Because he was pushing that a lot? Yay? What is your Vifam read + why? Also Matp for having Mastin as his top 3 along with Moz (who is town) and you (who is probably mattp's buddy). What is your read on Mattp? He kept calling Mastinero scum, but shoving your wagon instead. And now he is back on your wagon. Basically, what I am getting at here is: Call me, beep me if you wanna bus matt. If you wanna page me, its ok.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Seriously, Mattp is mafia aligned. And Vifam is pushing AD for his meh play today? and not Matt? Why? (Dont think to hard about that).
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:04 am

Post by ActionDan »

after I finish my college duties, I'll give this thread a think tonight
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

okay. I am doing a serious hard reset. it is possible that I am trolleytracking on uber cos his reads are so bad and I always have higher expectations from good players only sometimes those expectations bite me in the ass and then I have to face the meta music for being wrong about them for like a year. if he is town he is so wrong though and I sincerely hope he has big enough balls to admit it in post game.

I feel really good about majiffy. I think he is town.

I liked penguin's recent post cos she provided more reads but I still don't know. I will really need someone to to do a comparison between one of her town games and her scum games in order to help provide clarity. I am telling you guys she is sneaky and one to watch but too good of a player to waste on a weak meta case.

jacob is still posting in other games. :/ I don't think he should be given anymore passes.

I don't like how mattp throws a primadonna hissy fit out of nowhere cos he did not get his way over a lynch and then disappears.

arcangel has not caught up or delivered any reads for this day round. what the fuck is up with that.

I am going with that everyone who was involved in the shitstorm of posting last night is probably town. which means scum is sitting back and enjoying the show and letting town eat its own. so who was on the fringes?

I don't find vifam's vote on action dan too far out in left field cos I have been wondering about him myself. he has provided some town reads but has done a whole lot as far as diving in and pushing his suspects. like I said on d1, I am always sus of someone who does not know me putting me in their town pile especially in the way that he did and at the time that he did. AP had posts to back it up and has solidly been town but AD had done a fade and I am concerned.

I don't know about IaI what she is going after seems to be extraneous points. I think I am most comfortable with a jacob lynch. we need a scum flip to help form some town cohesion cos there are a bunch of strong personalities in this game and he isn't doing shit. like seriously nothing.

AP I hear you about zabriel but I just can't get a handle on him. he is null for me no matter which way I look at him.

eta: xpost with AD!
whew!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1803, mozamis wrote:
In post 1746, UberNinja wrote:Fine I will tone it down then, if you bitches can't stand a little heat in the kitchen

If you insult everyone, you won't gain any support for your candidates. It's politics.

Fine. This is politics?

If you vote for Majiffy, I will:

- Kiss 37 babies.

- Write a scandalous novel detailing the dirty little secrets of my political life (which involve: staring at another congresswoman's ass during the presidential inauguration, running my finger around the frosting on the bottom of somebody else's birthday cake, and licking it off my finger right in front of them, mooning the secret service sporadically, and using faux racial slurs on live public television).

- Attend the groundbreaking ceremony of a new hospital, and cut the red ribbon with the golden scissors.

- Other random assorted bullshit to curry favor.

You name it. I'm a politician so I'll do it.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1759, borkjerfkin wrote:Penguin's lending credence to Uberninja's grammar theory is the only bad thing I can see from her.

In post 1805, borkjerfkin wrote:
penguin wrote:UberNinja's willingness to cop to misinterpreting Vifam's grammar thing makes me think the former is town, although I don't see that I was unreasonable in asking UberNinja to back up his original statement. If he'd come back telling me to check out any/all of Vifam's games to see such a tell in action, I'd have tracked it/them down, but given that Vifam seems to have around 50 games, and I'd think if some straightforward tell had existed in all of them he'd have adjusted accordingly, I don't think it was unreasonable to ask UberNinja to back up the point originally.

The point was objectively a bad point and I don't like that you're humoring it.

lol cool story bork

so which is it
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Those both express the same opinion.
beefycheese
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:37 am

Post by Majiffy »

... Those are completely congruent statements.

Reading comprehension; apparently you have none.

p-edit: Oh hi Bork.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:okay. I am doing a serious hard reset. it is possible that I am trolleytracking on uber cos his reads are so bad and I always have higher expectations from good players only sometimes those expectations bite me in the ass and then I have to face the meta music for being wrong about them for like a year. if he is town he is so wrong though and I sincerely hope he has big enough balls to admit it in post game.

my balls are pretty big, dont worry about it

in other news this post coming from you is rather refreshing. there may be hope for the game yet. are you town?

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:I feel really good about majiffy. I think he is town.

do you think he is the same as me, "town and wrong as fuck" or do you think (like I think) that he's just kinda coasting and throwing shit around and seeing where it sticks, and then you're just interpreting it differently than me?

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:I liked penguin's recent post cos she provided more reads but I still don't know. I will really need someone to to do a comparison between one of her town games and her scum games in order to help provide clarity. I am telling you guys she is sneaky and one to watch but too good of a player to waste on a weak meta case.

no meta w/her so i have no idea. do you have any links?

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:jacob is still posting in other games. :/ I don't think he should be given anymore passes.

if this is the case then he has well and truly worn out his lenience period w/me

unvote; vote: jacob

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:I don't like how mattp throws a primadonna hissy fit out of nowhere cos he did not get his way over a lynch and then disappears.

do you think its a scum act, or do you think he's legit town and just being a bitch about it

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:arcangel has not caught up or delivered any reads for this day round. what the fuck is up with that.

arcangel is also slowly bumping her way up the scumdar

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:I am going with that everyone who was involved in the shitstorm of posting last night is probably town. which means scum is sitting back and enjoying the show and letting town eat its own. so who was on the fringes?

this might be truer than you know

given my and bork's previous experience in open 442, this has all the earmarks of being a repeat situation
honestly enough i am surprised he hasn't been more of an asshole to me, or vice versa, in this game

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:I don't find vifam's vote on action dan too far out in left field cos I have been wondering about him myself. he has provided some town reads but has done a whole lot as far as diving in and pushing his suspects. like I said on d1, I am always sus of someone who does not know me putting me in their town pile especially in the way that he did and at the time that he did. AP had posts to back it up and has solidly been town but AD had done a fade and I am concerned.

i need to re-read AD cause he's in my blindspot atm

too much focusing on the loud ones for the last few days

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:I don't know about IaI what she is going after seems to be extraneous points. I think I am most comfortable with a jacob lynch. we need a scum flip to help form some town cohesion cos there are a bunch of strong personalities in this game and he isn't doing shit. like seriously nothing.

if nothing else that makes a jacob lynch a good lynch. if he flips town it gets rid of dead weight. if he flips scum it gets rid of lurkerscum dead weight. either way i dont mind much, and i'd much rather that than one of the loud people die

because loud people and/or people who talk a lot are just MUCH MORE BETTER for winning games, in all cases, bar none. this is why underachivers was a bad lynch as well. because mastin talks a shit ton and could have given us a lot of much needed perspective today

In post 1812, pirate mollie wrote:AP I hear you about zabriel but I just can't get a handle on him. he is null for me no matter which way I look at him.

same, strangely enough. he is in my blindspot as well

also i'm sick as a dog so dont expect much from me today
actually on the other hand i might have more time to post

so who knows

anyway i am sick as a dog so you should all feel sorry for me regardless of my posting

:(
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1815, borkjerfkin wrote:Those both express the same opinion.

In post 1816, Majiffy wrote:... Those are completely congruent statements.

Reading comprehension; apparently you have none.

p-edit: Oh hi Bork.

fuck you guys i have an excuse

i cant think straight

whats YORU excuse
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:03 am

Post by Vifam »

AP wrote:Im promising a Zab scum flip? I hadn't even decided on my favorite pony yet. And how is what I have said any different than you saying "I am rarely wrong" to justify a Mastinero push? You are so scum its silly.

Lets pick a good weak lynch, pass it in a short amount of time,
get a scum flip
, and play D3 like we mean it?
ok
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1818, UberNinja wrote:
fuck you guys i have an excuse
i cant think straight
whats YORU excuse

Excuse for what?

||
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Vifam: But I hadn't even settled on anyone yet? I certainly didn't mention Zab in that quote >.>

And how is it different from you and Mastinero?

@UN/Mollie: Pretty much agree with most of what Im seeing there. Like I said, Vifam is the only person Im squinting at that was part of the shitstorm.

UNVOTE: Vifam
Im off the wagon and hitchin' a ride.

Uh, I think my vote is likely going to end up on Yo estoy Inculpable at this point, but I dunno. JS is ok, but such a nonentity I just hate to vote him over someone actually posting bullshit. I actually kinda want to look at some VCs today.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 1761, AngryPidgeon wrote:Seriously, stop. If you are town. Everyone. Take a step back. Go smoke some of Zab's ganja (and lynch the shit out of him too) or drink a beer or something.

This arguing is really antitown and as much as I'd love to have my dream lynch of mattp, we are getting nowhere with threatening to replace out and just escalating the argument.

Seriously, this was super town on town on town. Bork/Jiffy/UN are really really town. Im inclined to let Mollie and Vifam go along for the ride right now.

Lets pick a good weak lynch, pass it in a short amount of time, get a scum flip, and play D3 like we mean it?

/tryhard.

Yeah you did
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Vifam »

Actually I don't know if by smoking on Zab's ganja, you mean he's scum or you're just taking a shot at him for smoking weed or something
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 am

Post by Vifam »

AP wrote:And how is it different from you and Mastinero?

It's not, I'm not berating you over it.
ok

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”