Mini 1420: The Beginning Of The End (Game Over)

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 am

Post by q21 »

In post 274, Jennifer wrote:
Trollie's wall covering only page 1 read like scum trying to act busy/useful while not providing anything of value. I started to reverse that read when he then posted walls on pages 3 and 4 (no clue why he left out page 2) because I thought that maybe that's just his playstyle/how he needs to process information, and we only had a handful of pages that he needed to catch up on. But, then he skipped walling the rest of the game, didn't even comment on Om/Slaandar discussion though it had been a focal point, and tries to steer the conversation to Jennifer/Elleran.

The mindset of someone who would wall Page 1 and try to discuss/find meaning in it doesn't match up with the mindset of someone who just jumps to their conclusion and ignores commenting on what else happened in game. It rings hollow and scummy to me.

I hadn't picked up on this facet of Trollie's posting (the analysis of a few pages and then sudden stop). Reverses my read on trollie to scum, this does.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:12 am

Post by Elleran »

In post 274, Jennifer wrote:
Trollie's wall covering only page 1 read like scum trying to act busy/useful while not providing anything of value. I started to reverse that read when he then posted walls on pages 3 and 4 (no clue why he left out page 2) because I thought that maybe that's just his playstyle/how he needs to process information, and we only had a handful of pages that he needed to catch up on. But, then he skipped walling the rest of the game, didn't even comment on Om/Slaandar discussion though it had been a focal point, and tries to steer the conversation to Jennifer/Elleran.

The mindset of someone who would wall Page 1 and try to discuss/find meaning in it doesn't match up with the mindset of someone who just jumps to their conclusion and ignores commenting on what else happened in game. It rings hollow and scummy to me.

That's a much more detailed analysis of a thought that I touched on in the second half of my post 250. I agree with this.
Helloran Elleran
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:39 am

Post by TheTrollie »

Soo.... does ANYONE wanna say something about how being picky about when I post walls and when I do not is scummy?

Anyone?
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:43 am

Post by q21 »

@ Trollie - You posted a few walls. Then you stopped and started posting short comments and a townlist. Its like you wanted to look like your were doing something of value, but then stopped when you realized how much effort if would take to keep that up. The amount of effort is more likely to be a problem when it's for a scum facade than for genuine town scumhunting.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:04 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 278, q21 wrote:@ Trollie - You posted a few walls. Then you stopped and started posting short comments and a townlist. Its like you wanted to look like your were doing something of value, but then stopped when you realized how much effort if would take to keep that up. The amount of effort is more likely to be a problem when it's for a scum facade than for genuine town scumhunting.

so....i wanted to LOOK like I was doing something, therefore I only chose to comment on three pages in detail? I commented on what I felt deserved commenting on. {Elleran, Jennifer, Smash} guarantee at least 1 scum in there.

TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 263, Elleran wrote:
In post 256, Slandaar wrote:
In post 250, Elleran wrote:Who do you think are the scums? I'm dying to know.

This is scum.

'You won't get it right nanananananana'

As opposed to asking Trollie for a list of everyone who he thinks is town? I don't think so. It's so much easier for scum to come up with a list of who he thinks is town than for a list of who he thinks is scum.

TheTrollie wrote:
wow...slandaar is totally right here...fuck elleran ur driving me crazy

So are you. You come flying out of nowhere, post some very minimal stuff about your reads, claim I'm scum for no apparent reason, then make a whole list of who are the towniest. How is this something a townie would do? Looks like someone pretending to scumhunt while not giving any useful inputs. Your posts are blinding me with all the scumminess.

this is scum.
In post 264, Elleran wrote:
In post 255, Slandaar wrote:
Here I will show this very simply;

1. When you are town, you look for reasons why someone is scum.
OR
2. When you are town you look for scum any reasoning just comes to you naturally.

Which do you think is correct?

The first shows exactly my viewpoint and the second shows exactly yours. You claim to 'naturally' get scummy feelings from random people while I'm saying that these feelings are actually from logical deductions. Tell me this, Slandaar: Can you get also get these feelings from anyone who has not posted in the beginning of the game? If the answer is no, then you're admitting to the need for actual posts and therefore evidence for any read (whether it be gut or logic).

besides the fact that hes practically claiming scum here, this is ALSO scum.

this is the party wagon. Hop on board if u like to party

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:11 am

Post by q21 »

In post 279, TheTrollie wrote:
In post 278, q21 wrote:@ Trollie - You posted a few walls. Then you stopped and started posting short comments and a townlist. Its like you wanted to look like your were doing something of value, but then stopped when you realized how much effort if would take to keep that up. The amount of effort is more likely to be a problem when it's for a scum facade than for genuine town scumhunting.

so....i wanted to LOOK like I was doing something, therefore I only chose to comment on three pages in detail? I commented on what I felt deserved commenting on. {Elleran, Jennifer, Smash} guarantee at least 1 scum in there.

So nothing of interest has happened in the other 9 pages?

TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 am

Post by TheTrollie »

i guess nothing worth me making a wall about...

Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Jennifer »

So after to listening to back and forth, I've decided that the whole Elleran/Slaandar debate is really more about whether someone
uses sensing or intuition to make decisions [decide if someone is scum].

Both are valid worldviews thus making neither approach inherently scummy.

Also, Trollie is scum. People should vote him.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Elleran »

@TheTrollie:
In post 282, TheTrollie wrote:i guess nothing worth me making a wall about...

Or to comment about or to mention any reads about, apparently.

TheTrollie wrote:

So instead of commenting on the other 7-8 pages of more serious exchanges between people, you focus on the first few pages of RVS. Furthermore, you claim that those are the only things that deserved getting comments on.

This post and everything else mentioned in your posts...

... wut?
Helloran Elleran
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:00 am

Post by Elleran »

Sorry for the double post, but who is Smash?
Helloran Elleran
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 am

Post by TheTrollie »

WOW...I am getting games very confused...sorry, i got confused cuz avatars were similar...i had no idea q21 was q21 until just now

TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:10 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 22, Jennifer wrote:
In post 18, Dannflor wrote:Mainly because I want Slaandar to post. Also, his post "defending" Trollie seemed sarcastic at the time... However... His recent move onto Trollie is suspicious. Seems like he was just waiting for the excuse to vote Trollie. VOTE: Elleran

Fair enough.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elleran

@Elleran
Why did you cave to pressure to hop on the Trollie wagon?

In post 19, Elleran wrote:Aren't we all looking excuses for everything?

No, we're looking for scum.

In post 17, Jennifer wrote:Hey, all.

VOTE: Dannflor

@Dannflor
Why are you avoiding the Trollie wagon?
And why did you keep your vote on Slaandar when questioning Elleran for defending Trollie?

Also, town points to Kitty Frog for loving town.
Scum points to Kitty Frog for loving scum. :(

this has been bothering me for a while btw

Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:14 am

Post by Elleran »

@TheTrollie: Cool, more page 1 stuff. Both of your quotes have been thoroughly questioned and answered already. Have you even read the other pages?
Helloran Elleran
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:23 am

Post by Slandaar »

Trollie is town.

Elleran is scum; lynch him.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 250, Elleran wrote:Please, enlighten us more about the game. Who do you think are the scums? I'm dying to know.

In post 250, Elleran wrote:
As opposed to asking Trollie for a list of everyone who he thinks is town? I don't think so. It's so much easier for scum to come up with a list of who he thinks is town than for a list of who he thinks is scum.

As we can see Elleran in quote 1 is being sarcastic, in quote 2 he is defending himself by suggesting there was actual reasoning behind his question.

There obviously wasn't

Hes scum

Lynch.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

(quote numbers are wrong)
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:37 am

Post by Elleran »

In post 289, Slandaar wrote:Trollie is town.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. TheTrollie and Slandaar have both been making bold claims as these without having any evidence to back themselves up. Slandaar has tended to be reasonable until recently, especially ever since TheTrollie started talking. What I'm seeing now is Slandaar looking for some evidence to show that TheTrollie is innocent to defend his fellow scumbuddy, failing to find any, then resorting to just saying meaningless statements as quoted above to try a last ditch attempt to swerve the town into mislynching.

PEDIT:
The first question I asked TheTrollie may have had a caustic tone, but my intent was real. I wanted some real feedback about what TheTrollie thought, which he ended up giving in a form of a list of most-towny players AKA fake scumhunting. Slandaar, could you tell me in what way a list of towny players will help town more than it does scums?
Helloran Elleran
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 292, Elleran wrote:

This is exactly what I'm talking about. TheTrollie and Slandaar have both been making bold claims as these without having any evidence to back themselves up. Slandaar has tended to be reasonable until recently, especially ever since TheTrollie started talking. What I'm seeing now is Slandaar looking for some evidence to show that TheTrollie is innocent to defend his fellow scumbuddy, failing to find any, then resorting to just saying meaningless statements as quoted above to try a last ditch attempt to swerve the town into mislynching.

PEDIT:
The first question I asked TheTrollie may have had a caustic tone, but my intent was real. I wanted some real feedback about what TheTrollie thought, which he ended up giving in a form of a list of most-towny players AKA fake scumhunting. Slandaar, could you tell me in what way a list of towny players will help town more than it does scums?

so u think slandaar is scum cuz he thinks im town?

Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

Post by Elleran »

In post 293, TheTrollie wrote:so u think slandaar is scum cuz he thinks im town?

Yes. He seemed to have ignored all of your nonsense and tunneled on what I posted. This tells me either that he's actually tunneling on me hard (which is strange considering you've posted several walls of texts, and because he's been questioning anything that moves) or he wants to defend you but your posts are actually full of so much nonsense that he can't find a legitimate case for your defense.
Helloran Elleran
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by TheTrollie »

so it cant be that he thinks im town?

Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Elleran »

In post 295, TheTrollie wrote:so it cant be that he thinks im town?

Sure he can. I would like to know why, though.

This was his post that defended you:

Does this convince you? Because it most certainly does not convince me.
Helloran Elleran
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Can we not quote entire posts in order to post 3 words about them? Some posts could definitely benefit from not requiring a scroll bar.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Yeah....I hate D1's. Next vote count I'm just hopping on the biggest wagon....unless it's me for posting this of course.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I hate the way Trollie and Slaandar are playing. I don't hate them just their playstyle. Mainly because it makes them impossible to read. When you go "XXX is scum. YYY is town. Nuff Said."... you can't read that at all. Plus you have no idea why this person thinks so and so is scum. While I don't want to discredit their gut reads, it would be nice if they opened up a little and explained their reads a bit more. Just saying, it makes it a lot easier for town to scum hunt. That said, no reads on Trollie yet, Slaandar is leaning town, mainly from his interaction with Om...

More coming in just minute, gotta end this post early.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”