Mini 1420: The Beginning Of The End (Game Over)

Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by Elleran »

In post 247, TheTrollie wrote:
In post 246, Dannflor wrote:The "derping" around people do in RVS, often leads the game out of RVS. Simply because derps can be interpreted as scummy, and can lead to the eventual catching scum. It's distinguishing the town derps and the scum derps that counts.

at least someone understands this game

I don't like your attitude, Trollie. I doubt there was a single person here who didn't get the point of RVS.

Your arrogance implies that you feel like you mastered this game over everyone here. Please, enlighten us more about the game. Who do you think are the scums? I'm dying to know.

P-EDIT: Why list who you think are town? That only helps scums to prioritize their target. That's not scumhunting.

UNVOTE: Slandaar
VOTE: TheTrollie
Helloran Elleran
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

VOTE COUNT 1.7

[3] Joelsdaman: goodmorning, q21, Dannflor,
[3] Jennifer: Rondar, Kthxbye, TheTrollie,
[2] Om: DeathRowKitty, Ztife,
[1] Elleran: Slandaar,
[1] TheTrollie: Elleran,

Not Voting: joelsdaman, Om, Jennifer,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2013-02-15 14:08:45)
Last edited by JasonWazza on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:15 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 249, TheTrollie wrote:I want everyone's explicit reads on Jen & elleran in their next posts pls

Leaning Town on both, Elleran a little more than Jenn.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:09 am

Post by q21 »

@ Trollie - Thanks for the vote of confidence and all, but townlists don't really achieve much beyond telling the scum where not to go if they want you vote on a mislynch.

Can't say I like Trollie's posting, but I also can't see it coming from scum. As such I don't like Elleran's vote for Trollie, seems like Elleran is more interested in Trollie's overall attitude that whether or not he's scum - doesn't actually seem to accuse Trollie of being scum until placing his vote.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 am

Post by Slandaar »

Elleran, Om and kthx are the scum

If I am somehow wrong Jennifer or Goodmorning could be but that isn't likely.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 220, Elleran wrote:
And I'm telling you that town finds scums by looking reasons why someone seems to be scum. Town's thought IS to look for reasons why someone would be scum. You do this because looking for scum without reason is
impossible
. Why even say 'gut' when you can just say 'I flipped a coin and it said that you were scum'? Even gut feeling comes from reading people's posts and getting vibes. Why do you even bother reading this thread at all if you're just going to say 'gut' without even saying where or why you're getting your gut feeling?

I don't look for reasons.

Here I will show this very simply;

1. When you are town, you look for reasons why someone is scum.
OR
2. When you are town you look for scum any reasoning just comes to you naturally.

Which do you think is correct?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:35 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 250, Elleran wrote:Who do you think are the scums? I'm dying to know.

This is scum.

'You won't get it right nanananananana'
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:41 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 212, Om wrote:@Drk; Your vote is on me because you think you need to lynch me or you want me to explain why I unvoted? I've already done the latter in my follow up post. As for why I didn't vote someone else is because I was too tired and in not so friendly mood due to my exchange with Eldaar.
The former, unless you magically come up with a believable townish explanation of the latter. Unvoting your top suspect without having anyone new to vote and while still seemingly calling him scum just does not happen. I can't see a townish mindset in which it would happen, I don't think I've ever seen it happen, your explanations don't make any reasonable sense of why it would happen. Add that to your contradictory follow-up posts and...well...let's just say it makes me feel like you would look cute with a rope tied around your neck. And not in the good way.

The Ztrife-Om vote exchange seems really awkward from both sides. I have a feeling that interaction will be useful to look back on later

I feel like there's a rather large ongoing theory disconnect between Elleran and...multiple other players (I think that might be what I was referring to in my last post, but I don't actually remember.). Or at the very least, there are some wording things going on that seem to be getting lost in communication. These issues started within the first few pages with the whole reasons vs excuses debate; now we seem to have it again with the town-looking-for-reasons thing. For the moment, I'm definitely at least leaning town on Elleran. I'm not really sure how to explain why (and I don't think it would be particularly useful with only one vote on him anyway), but I feel like a lot of his play feels very natural if you get past the wording and theory oddities. I don't know. Certainly not my strongest read in either direction.

Blah blah blah other stuff OKAY IMPORTANT STUFF NOW. I would like to speak on the subject of JOEL. I would like to, but the guy doesn't post any content so there's barely anything to say about him. When he does post, we get nothing out of him but weakly-stated positions. It feels like he's been trying very hard to give the impression that he's active lurking, but not posting enough to do so, which reminds me very much of a dead squirrel trying to convince a dog he's actually a flea. I don't like dead squirrels and I don't like dead squirrels that try to pose as fleas.
...Man that explanation got off track quickly. Other than the fact that I don't think he's *trying* to appear like he's active lurking, hopefully it's clear enough anyway.

Unvote: Om

Vote: joelsdaman1

I haven't forgotten about you Om. I just think we need to go our separate ways for the time being. Really though, it's not you; it's me. I feel like life is passing me by and I need to explore my other opportunities while I still have the chance. We're young, but we're not young enough. We're never young enough. That's just kind of how life goes, isn't it? I truly and sincerely will miss you. Please don't doubt that. I hope that some day in the future, we will be reunited. Please don't doubt that. Even now, it pains me to know that such a reuniting is all I have to look forward to in our future and I really wish it not be bittersweet if and when it should come. Thank you for the good times and great memories. I can think of no one I would rather have shared them with and, given the chance to do it over, I would choose to share them with you again. I hope you can find it in your heart to not think too ill of me for this. I love you.
~Frog
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:51 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 215, Om wrote:
In post 213, Slandaar wrote:
In post 102, Om wrote:
And OMIGUS is OMIGUS whether you like it or not

K

In post 101, Slandaar wrote:Good argument. Trying to use a buzzword to discredit me.

K

This is also scum.

He failed the reaction test horrendously.
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 am

Post by TheTrollie »

In post 256, Slandaar wrote:

This is scum.

wow...slandaar is totally right here...fuck elleran ur driving me crazy
"scum, scum, scum" went TheTrollie!

Get to know me: GTKAS - TheTrollie
TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 am

Post by TheTrollie »

yeah, fuck, that post is BAAAAAAD

UNVOTE: jennifer
VOTE: elleran

TheTrollie
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
TheTrollie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 am

Post by TheTrollie »

@Slandaar & DRK: I just played a newbie with Om. He was scum and he slipped under my radar until last second. I'll feel more comfortable in my read of him once i have some time to let his posts sink in.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 am

Post by Slandaar »

What do you mean 'wow'? I am right a lot of the time :P
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 am

Post by Elleran »

In post 256, Slandaar wrote:

This is scum.

As opposed to asking Trollie for a list of everyone who he thinks is town? I don't think so. It's so much easier for scum to come up with a list of who he thinks is town than for a list of who he thinks is scum.

TheTrollie wrote:
wow...slandaar is totally right here...fuck elleran ur driving me crazy

So are you. You come flying out of nowhere, post some very minimal stuff about your reads, claim I'm scum for no apparent reason, then make a whole list of who are the towniest. How is this something a townie would do? Looks like someone pretending to scumhunt while not giving any useful inputs. Your posts are blinding me with all the scumminess.
Helloran Elleran
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 am

Post by Elleran »

In post 255, Slandaar wrote:

OR
2. When you are town you look for scum any reasoning just comes to you naturally.

The first shows exactly my viewpoint and the second shows exactly yours. You claim to 'naturally' get scummy feelings from random people while I'm saying that these feelings are actually from logical deductions. Tell me this, Slandaar: Can you get also get these feelings from anyone who has not posted in the beginning of the game? If the answer is no, then you're admitting to the need for actual posts and therefore evidence for any read (whether it be gut or logic).
Helloran Elleran
Om
Om
Goon
Om
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:43 am

Post by Om »

@Mod: I probably need a replacement as I'm caught with something in RL and I won’t be able to pay any time for OL stuff for quite a while (2-3 weeks at least), sorry for the trouble.
Evil sometimes wears pleasant face.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 am

Post by goodmorning »

Trollie... you are reeking of opportunism today.

DRK, you are pretty great for saying most all of the stuff in your last post. BUT the one thing that really didn't make sense was your thought on joels. You think he's trying to look like he's active lurking but not trying? Do you think he actually looks like he's active lurking? Because I'm not seeing anything active about it.

Slandaar. What are you doing.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

I think the terrible dead squirrel analogy was trying to say some of what you're asking me, but lemme try to clarify it -

A dead squirrel can't actually try to convince a dog that it's a flea. Squirrels aren't very good at acting, y'know? And dead squirrels are dead.
I don't imagine dogs are huge fans of dead squirrels (actually...maybe they do...i don't know much about dogs; let's just assume they don't), but they're really just a passive annoyance. But oh how dogs must hate fleas. Why a dead squirrel would want a dog to think it was a flea is absolutely beyond me, even if it were possible.

Replace "dead squirrel" with lurker, "a dog" with "the other players", and "flea" with "active lurker".

...that doesn't make any more sense, does it?

joel's posts feel like active lurking. They're not, since he's not actually maintaining any sort of facade of activity, but with the right time compression of his posts within an appropriately scaled-down game, they could be.

I think that's what I was trying to say...
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 265, Om wrote:
@Mod: I probably need a replacement as I'm caught with something in RL and I won’t be able to pay any time for OL stuff for quite a while (2-3 weeks at least), sorry for the trouble.
I really hope this has nothing to do with us :/ I'm sorry, babe.
Elleran
Elleran
Goon
Elleran
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:14 am

Post by Elleran »

In post 264, Elleran wrote:
In post 255, Slandaar wrote:

OR

The first shows exactly my viewpoint and the second shows exactly yours. You claim to 'naturally' get scummy feelings from random people while I'm saying that these feelings are actually from logical deductions. Tell me this, Slandaar: Can you get also get these feelings from anyone who has not posted
since
the beginning of the game? If the answer is no, then you're admitting to the need for actual posts and therefore evidence for any read (whether it be gut or logic).

(bolded to emphasize the edit)
EBWOP: I meant "since" not "in"
Helloran Elleran
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:33 am

Post by Ztife »

My vote on OM earlier was based on quick skimming, and I admit its pretty bad, well;

honestly, too long a RVS (and discussion about getting out of it while still mucking around) for me to see any discussions worth pointing out, at least for most parts of the 1st 10 pages IMHO.
Maybe im just a noob.

joels has been active in the other games, but not too active over here. 2 posts in "rvs", and 1 post that basically sits on the fence. Actively lurking without any real participation. But then with the pace of this game I would say he's more of a null leaning scummy read to me.

DRK plays seems to be funky and random thus far, seems to be pretty nullish to me too.

Elleran leans townish because I don't think he would draw this much attention if he was scum, been questioning people and scum hunting somewhat.

Q21 seems to like to pressure vote people and get discussions going, slightly townish to me.

Not much yet, and I have noticed that for the time I took for this post the game has popped another 10 posts or so.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 270, Ztife wrote:honestly, too long a RVS (and discussion about getting out of it while still mucking around) for me to see any discussions worth pointing out, at least for most parts of the 1st 10 pages IMHO.

...10?
Ztife
Ztife
Goon
Ztife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Ztife »

In post 271, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 270, Ztife wrote:honestly, too long a RVS (and discussion about getting out of it while still mucking around) for me to see any discussions worth pointing out, at least for most parts of the 1st 10 pages IMHO.

...10?

well, not RVS too be exact, but the amount of one liners such as this?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

If I'd spent 2 paragraphs asking you if you really thought the first 10 pages were RVS, would you consider it to be a more useful post?
Jennifer
Jennifer
Goon
Jennifer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 am

Post by Jennifer »

My best guess on scum right now is: Kthx, Trollie, and Joel, although I'm not really feeling a Kthx/Trollie scum team so I'm not sure which I'm wrong on. Though I think Trollie is scummier than Kthx.

Trollie's wall covering only page 1 read like scum trying to act busy/useful while not providing anything of value. I started to reverse that read when he then posted walls on pages 3 and 4 (no clue why he left out page 2) because I thought that maybe that's just his playstyle/how he needs to process information, and we only had a handful of pages that he needed to catch up on. But, then he skipped walling the rest of the game, didn't even comment on Om/Slaandar discussion though it had been a focal point, and tries to steer the conversation to Jennifer/Elleran.

The mindset of someone who would wall Page 1 and try to discuss/find meaning in it doesn't match up with the mindset of someone who just jumps to their conclusion and ignores commenting on what else happened in game. It rings hollow and scummy to me.

Trollie asking people to comment on Jennifer/Elleran actually ups my town read on Elleran because it seems like he's trying to set up a pair of mislynches that he can easily ride without too much care on which one flips.

Joel looks like he is trying to avoid the fire and skate by this day. I agree with DRK that he is active lurking and it seems scummy. I'm tempted to vote him as he mentioned he likes to policy lynch lurkers (though it wouldn't be a policy lynch in my case), but because I don't think he's been around since Sunday I will give him a pass for another day.

Re Elleran's post to Trollie asking for scum reads didn't come across as scummy to me. Elleran was clearly annoyed by Trollie's attitude, and it felt like he was trying to say 'if you think you're so high and mighty, be useful and find scum.'

VOTE: Trollie

@Om I hope everything is alright and look forward to playing with you another time!

@Mod and all: I will be V/LA starting Wednesday Feb. 13 until Tuesday Feb. 19
I just looked at a calendar and cannot believe mid-February is already upon us... I think the day's deadline will end while I'm on V/LA. I will try to check in on my phone when able, and will be especially mindful as the day draws near, but I wanted to let you know now in case I'm not able to get on.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”