absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 am

Post by absta101 »

@Nost
So this gambit thing, honestly I'm seeing a lot of explanations for why it was a bad idea but very few for why it makes Jason scum; I like #351, I think it's largely true, but again I don't see how it points to scum motivation.

I think I'm going to have to be hipster here and look elsewhere until someone provides an actual explanation for scum motivation.
I do want to see where the questions in #458 go though.
...That's the obvious part. Scum-Jason would do it to somewhat 'confirm' himself "town". If the gambit was genuine, the chance of Jason being scum is verry low.

---
@Cerullen
- What's this for?

---
@Camn
camn wrote:
And now, I apologize to everyone, I have wasted my 30 minutes worth of free mafia time this weekend talking about NOTHING.
I will not return to this topic, for the sake of the game.
And please.. dont let me break my rule again: dont argue with scum.
Next relevant post.
camn wrote:Truthfully? I think Plezzie is doing a pretty good job of defending themselves, and I am softening my opinion on them.
How am I the only one who sees this shit? Taking into account that Plez didn't post between these two posts, how did this read-change even happen? At one point Camn ends the conversation with Plez, calling her scum, then BT comes in and get's suspicious of camn and she says Plez isn't that scummy anymore. Fucking bs scum. You can't say
"Not arguing with scum"
then
"tbh, she's actually defending herself quite well. My read on her isn't strong anymore"
and still be town. The only reason her read became weak is because it needed to so that she could vote McStab with Plez on the same waggon as her.

Confirm vote: Camn

if I wanted to say something was scummy... I would use that word instead of the word 'hypocrisy'.
And if townies never did scummy things, there would never be any mislynches. But seriously.... the Hydra talk is off topic, out of game, and not relevant. Talk to someone else about it if you want.
It is relevant. I'm not going to leave it alone.

You called that quote scummy then said it was hypocritical. To you, it was scummy because of the hypocrisy no? If not, why did you even mention it?
Also, why was the quote scummy at all?

Here it is, incase you forgot.
camn wrote:In other news:
this is scummy.
BT wrote:SD is actually pretty solid, people should back off of that wagon.
Vifam was scummy in general, and so is his replacement. Also note the hypocrisy of asking me 'why' while delivering absolutely nothing in the way of 'why'.

Explain what you meant by a "general scum-tell" then. The hydra thing went from being just a scum-tell to a general scum-tell. What's the significance of that?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 am

Post by absta101 »

More votes on Camn please.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:22 am

Post by absta101 »

@Nost - Now that you know the scum motivation behind the gambit thing. What do you think of Jason?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:24 am

Post by absta101 »

Fuck this, i'm still like 10 pages behind. I'm going to skip a few (A LOT) the next time I post.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:35 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 720, Zdenek wrote:

In post 719, jasonT1981 wrote:Personally I just think you are trying to deflect attention back to me over the gambit etc so as to take away from people looking at you.

By suggesting that you could be scum in a post where I talk about a bunch of people and while I'm not even voting you - that suggestion is LOLZY.

This reaction to me when you've said before that you think that my slot is 100% going to flip town is ridiculous.

Unvote
Vote: Jason

Not only was that assertion written round about 200 posts ago, that wasn't even what he said. He said he was nearly 100% that Mcstab would flip town. That's not
quite
the same thing as saying 100%

You get some scum points for that misrep. (And for using the statement in an attempt to prevent Jason from voicing any future suspicion on your slot.)
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:38 am

Post by Zdenek »

He's welcome to voice suspicion of me, but what he's doing is attributing scum motives to me being suspicious of him, which is something that is not inherently scummy, so the only reason he would do it is if he thought I was scum in the first place.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:44 am

Post by camn »

In post 694, The Mini-Librarian wrote:1) Your pointing that out wasn't particularly convincing. (hint: there's a difference between acting nonchalant about a vote yet explaining why the person is wrong and just acting nonchalant about the vote) 2) even if you're right, why does this make camn scum?

To me, the difference is ACTING nonchalant, when in reality you are worried, because scum are generally more hypersensitive to heat.. and BEING nonchalant, because there is no actual heat.
The truth is, McStab's h8tergonnah8 comment was just the nail in the coffin. the rest was just my FEELINGS. :)
Plus, Librarian, you bring up a good point in 2). Are scum more or less likely to be hypocrites? Especially experienced scum? Or am I WIFOMing right now? I think hypocrisy and scummieness can certainly co-exist, but are separate entities.

@absta- I really feel like addressing your 'points' would be arguing with scum. And by that, I use the Spyrex definition.
Tighten up your questions, and I will consider them.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Zdenek »

That defense is so over the top, it's unbelievable. You're going to pick me saying 100% rather than nearly 100% as something to push as scummy? What to do think of Plesszarus completely misrepresenting McStab in their case on him?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:46 am

Post by Zdenek »

Thaat was to sottyrulez.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 731, camn wrote:To me, the difference is ACTING nonchalant, when in reality you are worried, because scum are generally more hypersensitive to heat.. and BEING nonchalant, because there is no actual heat.

Why do you think that McStab was under actual heat at the time?
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:54 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 732, Zdenek wrote:That defense is so over the top, it's unbelievable. You're going to pick me saying 100% rather than nearly 100% as something to push as scummy? What to do think of Plesszarus completely misrepresenting McStab in their case on him?

Where's the misrep?
Plessiezarus
Plessiezarus
Goon
Plessiezarus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 am

Post by Plessiezarus »

In post 725, absta101 wrote:
@Nost
How am I the only one who sees this shit? Taking into account that Plez didn't post between these two posts, how did this read-change even happen? At one point Camn ends the conversation with Plez, calling her scum, then BT comes in and get's suspicious of camn and she says Plez isn't that scummy anymore. Fucking bs scum.

If you're seeing something nobody else sees, either you're being much smarter and perceptive than everyone else is, or ... something else. Which do you think?

(Your vote on camn is a wasted one. You should vote for and talk about somebody else.)

In post 729, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 720, Zdenek wrote:

In post 719, jasonT1981 wrote:Personally I just think you are trying to deflect attention back to me over the gambit etc so as to take away from people looking at you.

By suggesting that you could be scum in a post where I talk about a bunch of people and while I'm not even voting you - that suggestion is LOLZY.

This reaction to me when you've said before that you think that my slot is 100% going to flip town is ridiculous.

Not only was that assertion written round about 200 posts ago, that wasn't even what he said. He said he was nearly 100% that Mcstab would flip town. That's not
quite
the same thing as saying 100%

"Nearly" 100% is pretty close to 100% though. That's what "nearly" means? And while the claim came a while ago, it's not as if Jason had said anything about his read on McStab becoming less solid.

I think Zdenek has a point here. To suddenly accuse somebody of being scum, after previously saying you were "nearly 100%" on their slot being town, and not having given any previous sign of your read changing, is more than a little odd.

In post 732, Zdenek wrote:What to do think of Plesszarus completely misrepresenting McStab in their case on him?

We didn't do this. Zar misreading one post is obviously not the bulk of our "case" against McStab.

~ Pless
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:07 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Yes, I have said I thought McStab would prob flip town... Nowhere have I said ZDenek would flip scum.... I was

1) Pointing out that I felt his comments on me where more to drag attention away from his growing wagon
2) Showing how he was wrong.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 736, Plessiezarus wrote:We didn't do this. Zar misreading one post is obviously not the bulk of our "case" against McStab.

I did not say that the whole case was a misrep, but if Sottyrulez thinks that it's scummy for me to say 100% rather than nearly 100%, but doesn't care about that, then something is wrong.

On a side note, the reason why I checked that point was that it was one of the few things in your case that I thought was objectively scummy.

In post 735, sottyrulez wrote:Where's the misrep?

In post 649, Plessiezarus wrote:basically because I don't understand why McStab found Nostredeus' vote of Shadoweh suspicious, since he had been voting Shadoweh himself.

In post 678, Plessiezarus wrote:Hmm. Looks like Zar is misreading things a bit here. McStab votes Shadoweh in 93, and later, in 164 attacks Nost for being talked out of his idea by Shadoweh, his scum-read. But McStab doesn't actually say the Shadoweh vote is suspicious in itself - looks like Zar missed the point a bit
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:20 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 737, jasonT1981 wrote:Yes, I have said I thought McStab would prob flip town... Nowhere have I said ZDenek would flip scum.... I was

1) Pointing out that I felt his comments on me where more to drag attention away from his growing wagon
2) Showing how he was wrong.

Here we are arguing over a read that didn't even change in the first place.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 am

Post by sottyrulez »

In post 738, Zdenek wrote:
In post 736, Plessiezarus wrote:We didn't do this. Zar misreading one post is obviously not the bulk of our "case" against McStab.

I did not say that the whole case was a misrep, but if Sottyrulez thinks that it's scummy for me to say 100% rather than nearly 100%, but doesn't care about that, then something is wrong.

On a side note, the reason why I checked that point was that it was one of the few things in your case that I thought was objectively scummy.

In post 735, sottyrulez wrote:Where's the misrep?

In post 649, Plessiezarus wrote:basically because I don't understand why McStab found Nostredeus' vote of Shadoweh suspicious, since he had been voting Shadoweh himself.

In post 678, Plessiezarus wrote:Hmm. Looks like Zar is misreading things a bit here. McStab votes Shadoweh in 93, and later, in 164 attacks Nost for being talked out of his idea by Shadoweh, his scum-read. But McStab doesn't actually say the Shadoweh vote is suspicious in itself - looks like Zar missed the point a bit

*Grabs chest* You got me. I'll go ahead and slightly adjust my read of Pless from null to null leaning scum and my read your slot scummy, to leaning scummier.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Cerulean »

Empire here, reporting back for duty. Had to deal with some serious IRL problems this past week. Will be catching up here now, if there's anything you want to point me to specifically let me know now.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 1, Votecount 29

Shadoweh (1) - Baby Spice
JasonT1981 (4) - Cerulean, BT, TheGreatestAmericanHero, Zdenek
SafetyDance (1) - ChannelDelibird
ActionDan (2) - The Mini-Librarian, SafetyDance
Zdenek (5) - Plessiezarus, camn, Nostredeus, DeasVail, Benmage

absta101 (1) - Shadoweh
camn (1) - absta101
TheGreatestAmericanHero (2) - sottyrulez. ActionDan
Plessiezarus (1) - Ser Arthur Dayne

Not voting (1):
JasonT1981

• With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 6th of February at 5:30pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-02-06 13:30:28)
  • CDB and SafetyDance are V/LA.

Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 am

Post by Cerulean »

#640 - I don't know if anyone's brought this up yet, but if you've been following this game up to page 20, why would you have freaked over seeing red in your role PM? A lot of the early game was discussing the flavor and some setup stuff, there's no way you could have missed that...hell, there's a sample role PM in the first page.

Did you read your slot before you replaced in?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:48 am

Post by Benmage »

^I covered that. Dan's scum.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Nostredeus
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Nostredeus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 am

Post by Nostredeus »

In post 725, absta101 wrote:
@Nost
So this gambit thing, honestly I'm seeing a lot of explanations for why it was a bad idea but very few for why it makes Jason scum; I like #351, I think it's largely true, but again I don't see how it points to scum motivation.

I think I'm going to have to be hipster here and look elsewhere until someone provides an actual explanation for scum motivation.
I do want to see where the questions in #458 go though.
...That's the obvious part. Scum-Jason would do it to somewhat 'confirm' himself "town". If the gambit was genuine, the chance of Jason being scum is verry low.

I genuinely don't understand this part; do you mean the gambit must be scum motivated because it looks townish to make that gambit? Seriously I'm not one of these players who'll ignore other cases or w.e, as I think you know, spell the motivations behind this out to me and I'll give it a fair hearing.
Thor665 is the beard king.
-Yup, I lost a bet.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 652, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also, Zar, you look like you've done a lot of work backstage, but have been somewhat missing on thread, and not really interacting much. Is there a reason for that?

Based on what Tammy's told me about Zar's meta, wouldn't that actually be a towntell for him? I know Zar far prefers being scum and that he considers playing as town "a cesspool" so wouldn't him being somewhat distant here point more to him being town than scum?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:00 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 746, Cerulean wrote:
In post 652, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also, Zar, you look like you've done a lot of work backstage, but have been somewhat missing on thread, and not really interacting much. Is there a reason for that?

Based on what Tammy's told me about Zar's meta, wouldn't that actually be a towntell for him? I know Zar far prefers being scum and that he considers playing as town "a cesspool" so wouldn't him being somewhat distant here point more to him being town than scum?

Yea, but he
does
seem to be doing work, as apparent by his notes, so I think he might just be trying to give the impression that he's "uninterested".

Meh. I think I'm confusing myself.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:03 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 683, BT wrote:Dan leans scum, yeah

Why? What's the difference between Dan-town and Dan-scum and how is he playing more towards the latter here? (Would help if you pointed me to some games on your other site since I don't think Dan has a completed scum game on MS.)

(Shadoweh, you can help here too.)
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:07 am

Post by Cerulean »

#688 is a really awful post. Most of it just regurgitating what other people have already said and the rest is just hedging nonsense.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”