NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by Vifam »

What a bad post, trying to cover up Nero Cain's (and yours I guess) scumminess by claiming he's not "charismatic".

sddasd lynch him plz
ok
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In fact...

Unvote,
Vote: UberNinja.

Sorry, Nero, but AJ's not a strong scumread of mine.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 1244, Majiffy wrote:Anyone that thinks UA is scummy and isn't on UA should probably consider switching over since we're almost down to only 11 days bankable.

This, if you aren't lynching UA if you think he could be scum you're being extremely dumb and a detriment to the town
ok
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1245, UberNinja wrote:I agree Vifam is hard to read, but to me this feels like you're trying to direct investigational roles so that they dont target YOU

holy shit

im actually enamored by ur brilliant play [:
SlappyKrust
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

In post 1250, Vifam wrote:What a bad post, trying to cover up Nero Cain's (and yours I guess) scumminess by claiming he's not "charismatic".
This is easily confirmable as the reason we're hydra'ing, both via PM exchanges and the post-game of Harry Potter Philosopher's Legacy, and (I believe) also Judge Jury and Executioner, where the idea of us hydra'ing first came up, if memory serves me.

I hold deep, deep respect for Nero's talent as a scumhunter. I have doubted him time and time again, only to see him be proven right. And every single time, he was ignored, despite every single time, being right.

And admit it. I'm Mastin.

All I have to do in order to become obvtown is post a lot every day, then bam! Bingo. People think I'm obvtown, and whatever scumminess my slot had melts away. (Temporarily. :P Always comes back later in the game.)
And time and time again, I maintain early-game towncred. People listen to me. I don't know WHY, exactly, I'm good at getting people to listen, but I am. Hence, why I'm charismatic. Yeah, later in the game, I'll have blown that towncred. Later in the game, I'll have people either ignoring me or doing the opposite of what I say--simply because I've been wrong long enough for it to either be scummy or justifiably ignorable, no matter how right I once was.

A Nero-Mastin hydra at full capacity would absolutely decimate the scumteam. We're just not at full capacity this game, since I haven't been upholding my end of the bargain. :P

Hence, why it's my fault.

But eh, I definitely think that this hydra will have another game. Lynched day one here, no biggie. Just grab the next game.

In the mean time, until we actually are, I might as well do what I can to help Nero perfect his reads. :P
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Post by Vifam »

Next time don't throw Nero Cain under the bus if you get a scum role PM ijs
ok
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I think both of your premises are inherently flawed. First off, I've seen Nero be wrong a hell of a lot. And secondly... I haven't gotten the feeling of you being obvtown despite the fact that you keep posting and posting and posting... so... GG?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1226, TheUnderachivers wrote:Basically--town hydras, in the QT, "why the heck do you have that read?!?"
"What changed your read?"
"I liked where you were going, what made you go elsewhere?" and such.
Alternatively, in the thread, "He thinks town, I think scum. *reasons* We're working it out."

Scum hydra, in the thread, "I don't know why he thinks scum, when I think town."

Essentially, is a modified version of the Amished tell, just that instead of saying "WHAT THE HECK WAS MY REPLACEMENT THINKING?!?" in-thread, you're saying "WHAT THE HECK WAS MY PARTNER THINKING?!" in-thread. :P

tbh, I have no fucking idea what you are talking about here.

my town read on hero was from previous notes, but then I realised he failed to follow up on our kerfuffle and is being super duper sticky with his scumread on me and hasn't really interacted with me since. . like he isn't really trying to look elsewhere. his case on me earlier was kind of torn apart so by matt, sooo......why the sticky scum read? and he has addressed any of my posts ever since the first spat. what is up wit dat
whew!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1257, pirate mollie wrote:his case on me earlier was kind of torn apart so by matt, sooo......why the sticky scum read?

Residual gut feelings, probably.

I've torn apart many a case and had people still be like "well I know there's really no reason but uhhhh scum"

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:39 pm

In post 1106, TheUnderachivers wrote:Majiffy
I Am Innocent
Aj the Epic
MattP
JacobSavage
UberNinja
Vifam
Add in Herobrine, and you have where I'm focusing. I don't really remember how many players are in the game, but I seem to recall this being somewhere between 20 and 25 (24? would have to check first post) meaning 4-5 scum, outside chance of six.

And Eight possible names.

So if I could cut that in half, it'd actually be useful. :P
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Sure thing. Take off myself and Vifam, add in yourself, and presto.

||
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 1260, Majiffy wrote:Sure thing. Take off myself and Vifam, add in yourself, and presto.

To be fair that seems to be Nero Cain's reads, not his
ok
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Doesn't really change the end result.

I do like how we have seemed to have gathered a pretty collective understanding of where the scum team lies, with a few outliers such as the mollie wagon. I just don't understand why people aren't ponying up and voting collectively... we need the time.

||
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

In post 1256, Majiffy wrote:And secondly... I haven't gotten the feeling of you being obvtown despite the fact that you keep posting and posting and posting.
That's 'cause you're scum, Majiffy. :P

No, seriously. Anyone who actually is pushing the idea that we're a scum lynch is either an idiot or scum. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this isn't my scum play. (Among other factors...name a single scum game of mine where I claimed VT.
Well, other than GvE, CvL where there was a
rolecop
and me claiming anything other than VT woulda ensured my lynch. :P
Legitimately, go look. Search for threads in mafia games where mastin2 has posted. You won't find any, because they don't exist. I always claim PR as scum, unless mechanics in the game prevent me from doing so.)

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Nero was legitimately frustrated town.

Am I being blatantly obvtown, no. I'm not. But I'm obvtown all the same.

And as for Nero...every. single. game. I've seen him in, he has had some of the best reads in the whole game.
No, seriously. Look at every single game Nero's been in that I have posted in as well. Look at his reads. Look at who the scum were. Look at the comparative reads of the rest of the town.
He's always in the top. ALWAYS. Not always the #1 scumhunter, sure. Not consistently having the scum in sight, sure. (He kinda lacks focus early-game; Nero gets stronger the longer he lives.) But ultimately, he's always been right when the town (me among them in all but one game) was wrong. And often tries to mislynch him. (With a fairly high success rate, if memory serves.)
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:52 pm

In post 1261, Vifam wrote:To be fair that seems to be Nero Cain's reads, not his
Nero's reads pretty much ARE my reads.

With one or two exceptions. :P

He's more informed than I am on the game, and his reads typically are better than mine anyway.

Right now, I'm basically looking at his reads and figuring out the reads among 'em I most strongly agree with.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:58 pm

Oh wow.

No wonder Nero has a Jacob scumread. :P

There's pretty much no content in them at all. And Nero posted in the QT that Jacob has been active in other games but not this one. (*insert vote for our hydra here pointing to my activity* :P) Not to mention...

In post 18, JacobSavage wrote:Hey, its started.
VOTE: Majiffy It's always Majiffy...
The classic "vote-your-scumbuddy-in-RVS" tell.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1263, TheUnderachivers wrote:No, seriously. Anyone who actually is pushing the idea that we're a scum lynch is either an idiot or scum. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this isn't my scum play. (Among other factors...name a single scum game of mine where I claimed VT.
rolecop
Legitimately, go look. Search for threads in mafia games where mastin2 has posted. You won't find any, because they don't exist. I always claim PR as scum, unless mechanics in the game prevent me from doing so.)

Wait so are you using a self-meta defense that not only relies on self-meta but also on WIFOM? Wow.

In post 1263, TheUnderachivers wrote:
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Nero was legitimately frustrated town.
Am I being blatantly obvtown, no. I'm not. But I'm obvtown all the same.

... Uh

In post 1263, TheUnderachivers wrote:
And as for Nero...every. single. game. I've seen him in, he has had some of the best reads in the whole game.
No, seriously. Look at every single game Nero's been in that I have posted in as well. Look at his reads. Look at who the scum were. Look at the comparative reads of the rest of the town.
He's always in the top. ALWAYS. Not always the #1 scumhunter, sure. Not consistently having the scum in sight, sure. (He kinda lacks focus early-game; Nero gets stronger the longer he lives.) But ultimately, he's always been right when the town (me among them in all but one game) was wrong. And often tries to mislynch him. (With a fairly high success rate, if memory serves.)

Ok, well he's been pretty wrong in the games I've played with him. Mostly because he tries to peg me as scum and I never am.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 1266, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1263, TheUnderachivers wrote:No, seriously. Anyone who actually is pushing the idea that we're a scum lynch is either an idiot or scum. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that this isn't my scum play. (Among other factors...name a single scum game of mine where I claimed VT.
rolecop

Wait so are you using a self-meta defense that not only relies on self-meta but also on WIFOM? Wow.

Also, if anyone was looking for a reason to hop on the UA wagon, here you go. ^

||
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1258, Majiffy wrote:
In post 1257, pirate mollie wrote:his case on me earlier was kind of torn apart so by matt, sooo......why the sticky scum read?

Residual gut feelings, probably.

I've torn apart many a case and had people still be like "well I know there's really no reason but uhhhh scum"

nah

hero is in my unsure leaning scummy pile.

I am really starting to think he thought he was going to get an easy lynch out of me. wondering if when I brought up overall scum meta if I struck a nerve
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

majiffy you are often wrong too but seem to have this convenient amnesia and pretend like you never were
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

I wish I had that
whew!
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Vifam »

I'm rarely wrong
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Post by Vifam »

Vote Archiver
ok
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Post by ActionDan »

tbh I feel like voting IAI over TUA if it comes down to that.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:09 pm

In post 134, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 28, JacobSavage wrote:Boner Police is 100% Town. For Certain.

100% Confident? On page 2 no less. :lol:

vote: JacobSavage
Same potential tell, different person invoking it on a different player, but still potentially valid. IAI's iso then goes to fluff 'til iso 4.

h Jacob, funny guy (post 173) "It turns out vote by PMing the Mod fyi." How bout contributing to the game pal?
Which has this Jacob gem.

Lord's 282 was bad. And that is an understatement.
Dunno who's in Lord's slot, but I seem to recall said slot being town to Nero, which by definition makes this slightly suspicious. And if I had to guess, this statement probably echoes popular opinion at the time.

Majiffy and Hero's followup posts to maz are right along with my thinking. town points
Okay, so not all three of {Jiffy, Hero, IAI} are scum, but one (if not two) definitely are.

Reading Jacob's 583 my instinct is telling me he is playing too awful to be scum. Note to self, meta Jacob

Jacob starting the Lord wagon comes off as a townie move (606)

Jacob, not sure what you wrote in 609, but don't do that crap again.
This also looks bad.

If I had the time, would look into IAI's meta to see if he'd address a scumbuddy like he addressed Majiffy in that same post.

...Eh, overall, I could see IAI as scum with Jacob, but I don't actually have a huge scumread on IAI. Posts seem legit, but that Jacob interaction is horribad. I'll have to see if Nero has any reasons for IAI to be scum (think there mighta been something in the QT), and if so, what they are. Overall, possible, but not feelin' it strong.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”