NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by MattP »

I like how AD has a townread on mhork and knows I could have EASILY had mhork hammered without so much as a glare my way if I wanted but I had it dismantled for no apparent scum reasoning at the last second

Really adorable his reads are
SlappyKrust
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1017, UberNinja wrote:
In post 870, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 823, UberNinja wrote:you're not. he's just scum and trying to "seed out soft alliances" based on flattery

trust me i've seen him do it as scum before.

where did you see me do this uber??????

also I am pretty sure it is a vaj between my legs so maybe you might want to address me as a girl!!!!

VOTE: uber ninja

okay. get back in the kitchen bitch!

nah jk but

shall i really go post by post and destroy you? or do you want to respond to the post that i was responding to (i quoted them all, hello) and save me some time, and save yourself some face? in the long run i'll probably have to make a fucking "case" on you anyway

would it be the same shitty fucked up crap that originally fosed me in the first place? nah.

but let's go ahead and establish that you lied about my gameplay, pretend to have no idea who I am by calling me a he, and when called on it you bluster around like a six year old with his hand caught in the cookie jar and then end it with a mumbled threat that you are going to get me in the end while spraying cookie crumbs all over the place? okay!

limp performance to say the least

but the less work for me the better

also, omgus vote hiiiiiioooo

^ this is so typical of scum,
that
is formulaic

funny how everybody i have a scum read on is saying my reads are awful

cos they are really awful

loooooooooool

but only the insecure players vote me after i call them scum, teh rest just say they're awful and try to take potshots at me

its almost fucking formulaic at this point

I don't think voting you is a sign of insecurity insomuch as it is just exercising good judgment. but hai keep assigning motivations to people that they don't have for some reason people seem to think this is a town tell of yours needless to say I am unimpressed.

kill mollie

whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

gonna post a list of my reads in a a bit
whew!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

Wow so Vifam is a terrible person, that's cool.

UNVOTE: Mhork
VOTE: I Am Innocent

Meta backs up the scum read. Look for yourself, ladies.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

theunderachivers - lol, I thought I was talking N/longer name for a moment. when I can get a town read on her she is a player I like to work with. seemed willing to work with me but unwilling to move his vote. I dunno. seems willing to think outside the box. unsure.

Majiffy - I saw something earlier that made me think he was scummy. you would have to know him in order to get it. and it might not even be legit. I have a tendency to get super duper paranoid about him in general but I learned to just ride it out. if he is town he will find scum if he is scum he will wind up bussing his teammates at some point. win/win either way to leave him in the game longer.

Lord Mhork - unsure, could go either way. I liked his wot. and his observations of hero cos that is where my thoughts have been too. only thing I didn't like was his assumption that 1 of us has got to be scum. where do you people come up with these retarded theories, lol.

ArcAngel9 - liking her for town. she is posting her reads with reasons that I understand. she is following the thread and is having thoughts that match my own which I find to be a town tell since -----> town moves in herds

ActionDan - I am always slightly suspicious of people who do not know me who immediately put me in their town category. I have a different playstyle and and a different approach to the game. unsure leaning scummy at this point.

zabriel - unsure. for some reason I can't quite get a feel for him. when I am done dancing I want to dance with him in order to wrestle a better read although I have no idea how I would even begin.

I Am Innocent - I will be happy to answer her question when she answers mine. didn't like her disappearance after that exchange, she seemed to drop the convo like a hot potato as if she knew what she was asking was extraneous.

Bitmap - I had a town read but now I can't remember why.

Aj the Epic - he made a clever observation earlier which caught me off guard cos it was so.....un aj-like. I have 1 completed game with him when he was scum in which his main tactic was to pick a tard fight and bore everyone with these nonsensical wots that bored the crap out of me and which I eventually stopped reading. then I wound up in lylo and I could not remember a thing about him. I even forgot about the papers that were apparently pivotal to the game and why they were important, lol. mislynched and lost the game, one of my most embarrassing losses evah. it is like I had a weird mental block or something. unsure.

Herobrine - I am liking this slot for town I think. he seems to be suffering from the I-have-seen-mollie's-scumgame-therefore-mollie-must-be-scum-in-this-one syndrome. *yawn* like I have never seen
that
a million times before. I don't think he would push for my lynch this hard if he were scum.

borkjerfkin - thinking town. I have 1 completed game with borky when he was scum and I had him down with his first post. I was bullied out of pursuing my scum read and he was the only one with a penis who was even remotely nice to me in that game so I wasn't really motivated into pushing it. I wound up subbing out.

mozamis - town for reasons I have already stated.

TheReverend - his hard reset looked genuine and I had him down as town for that. but I guess when I think about it, it could come from town or scum but I am leaning town at this point.

penguin_alien - she is a sneaky one but earlier outrage looked genuinely town. I have her as town.

MattP - type of player that I like and feel the most comfortable with. his steering is probably alignment neutral and I don't mind being used as lynchbait by him, I am trusting he knows what he is doing and will pull it off of me....eventually. if he leaves me to fry then I will be thoroughly convinced that he is scum from the dead QT.

JacobSavage - I have no fucking clue. unsure.

UberNinja - super duper scummy here! and people think this is his town game? lol. I don't know I have never seen it, I have never played with him before. I know him through other venues. but omg, his reasoning in his shit wots was terrible.

PeregrineV - liking his posts. he has made some good observations but I am unimpressed with his fade. leaning town though.

chkflip - he has said a couple of things that make me think he is town. I am sticking with that read until I have reason to get paranoid about him.

Vifam - I had him as town, but didn't like him trying to bury the thread a few pages back with his shit posts. he is not scumhunting like he was earlier so it makes me wonder if it was just a pretense. unsure.

and those are my reads so far.

anyways I am finally dead in the tr game thank fucking god so I should be less cranky and somewhat more productive.
whew!
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1021, MattP wrote:Who wants relational tells for why Mozamis and underachievers and IAI are scum together????

Why not, I'm not reading any fiction at the moment :P
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1029, Vifam wrote:Okay so Archivers hops on AJ for not wanting to spend extra time on a game that has a bankable fucking deadline.

Why can't we lynch him already

Agree.
UNVOTE
VOTE UNDERACHIEVERS
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 am

Post by mozamis »

Failing that, Savage, Mhork, Bjork, CHkflip, Penguin, Uberninja or Zabriel look like the only candidates for a lynch.
Everyone else town or null.
JacobSavage
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
JacobSavage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 am

Post by JacobSavage »

That's a lot of candidates for a lynch... Which one.would be your most preferable which would be the least
"
I don't have an opinion, everything is great.
"

I have a GTKAS!
| Slightly V/LA at the moment
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1048, Lord Mhork wrote:JacobSavage
chkflip
zabriel
Om of the Nom
MattP
Bitmap
pengiun_alien
Vifam
Majiffy

I'd be willing to bet one or two of those is scum
. Without doing any exceptional rereading or ISOs, my money is on Om Nom being one of them.
[/spoiler]

Agree with (my) bolded part. I don't like the first three slots. Although it's hard to see 3 scum just following each other on to a new bandwagon. Possible I guess.
But helpful wagon analysis. And good posting from Mhork.
Gonna take him off the scum list for now.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 1058, JacobSavage wrote:That's a lot of candidates for a lynch... Which one.would be your most preferable which would be the least

Take Mhork off the list. Underachievers, Jacob,Penguin, Zabriel, Chkflip, Uberninja, Bjork.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1050, MattP wrote:I like how AD has a townread on mhork and knows I could have EASILY had mhork hammered without so much as a glare my way if I wanted but I had it dismantled for no apparent scum reasoning at the last second

Really adorable his reads are

I am not sure why you're trying to guilt trip me for the last few pages when the only people who think you are scummy are me, UN, and Nero/Mastin (and they are not long for this world anyway).

I'm not stupid Matt. I feel like you're trying to shake me off. You have been focused on my read on you exclusively even though I share reservations about 2/3 of your own scum-reads (IAI and Nero/Mastin). What's the point of trying to attack me?

You know well enough that you have established a decent town read by most everyone which gives you an advantage as scum. While true you could have stayed on Mhork, it's not unreasonable to switch when the wagon grew hot to the next target. (since that's the pattern with going from Bit--->Mozamis---->Mhork----->IAI) I'm sure you can understand that passivity harms scum.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:37 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

VOTE: underachivers

As I said earlier, I don't see anything scummy about going for Josh earlier, as ill advised as I believe that to be, but I see no feasible way for that to have somehow bridged into post #1035 where so many people are scum reads without a whole lot of reference or interaction with many of them. There's no attempt to reconcile the large number of scum reads either.

I don't think Matt is scum -- the assertion that he's scummy for jerking town around by the dick in order to waste the bankable deadline is a huge huge stretch to me.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:40 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Mollie wrote:Majiffy - I saw something earlier that made me think he was scummy. you would have to know him in order to get it. and it might not even be legit. I have a tendency to get super duper paranoid about him in general but I learned to just ride it out.
if he is town he will find scum if he is scum he will wind up bussing his teammates at some point. win/win either way to leave him in the game longer.

Heh I think I made that point in Micro 99.
beefycheese
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:18 am

Post by penguin_alien »

MattP, why do you think anyone should be persuaded by your vote on I Am Innocent without an explanation? Except apparently JacobSavage who is sheeping for no apparent reason. The end of page 37 was really scummy.

UNVOTE: Lord Mhork
VOTE: JacobSavage

I don't love Lord Mhork feeling the need to get affirmation on his belief that wagon jumping is sketchy, but his rationale tracks, so.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 am

Post by penguin_alien »

EBWOP: and chkflip and zabriel as far as I can see, although chkflip sees meta reasons and zabriel...apparently buys MattP percentages? Which, last time I saw someone overly invested in percentages they were town, so it's just marginally better than JacobSavage's sheeping galore.
TheReverend
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
TheReverend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 am

Post by TheReverend »

I'm struggling to find time for a good read through at the moment, so please forgive me if I drift along until after we have some flip info. Happy with AJ or chkflip today I guess, unless someone presents something really compelling.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 am

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In post 1054, pirate mollie wrote:seemed willing to work with me but unwilling to move his

I did take my vote off of you. You are correct that I didn't move it immediately but still.

In post 1056, mozamis wrote:
In post 1029, Vifam wrote:Okay so Archivers hops on AJ for not wanting to spend extra time on a game that has a bankable fucking deadline.
Why can't we lynch him already

Agree.
UNVOTE
VOTE UNDERACHIEVERS

Don't listen to vifam's lies. AJ wanted to
END THE DAY
, not spend extra time. In a way it looks pro-town but he's basically asking for a quick lynch.

In post 1062, borkjerfkin wrote:As I said earlier, I don't see anything scummy about going for Josh earlier, as ill advised as I believe that to be, but I see no feasible way for that to have somehow bridged into post #1035 where so many people are scum reads without a whole lot of reference or interaction with many of them. There's no attempt to reconcile the large number of scum reads either.

So you don't think I'm scummy for going for Josh but....I'm still scum? The hell? Its a 21 player game and there are gonna be like 5-6 scum. I don't see why my suspecting multiple suspects is "bad". Casting a wider net is more likely to hit scum. Unless you are scum and you know that I'm off there's no reason to attack me for suspecting others. So its like your voting me for the sake of voting? Was my town read on you wrong?

-N
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Also, Mhork had 9 lynch candidates for today. Why am I suspicious but he is not?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:39 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

tua wrote:
So you don't think I'm scummy for going for Josh but....I'm still scum? The hell? Its a 21 player game and there are gonna be like 5-6 scum. I don't see why my suspecting multiple suspects is "bad". Casting a wider net is more likely to hit scum. Unless you are scum and you know that I'm off there's no reason to attack me for suspecting others. So its like your voting me for the sake of voting? Was my town read on you wrong?

Here's a better way of putting it -- how do you get from pushing the lurkiest of lurkers, which I find a dubious move as either alignment (hence why I call it null) and one that I'd only ever make if I had no other leads, to having a pool of 9 people that you'll lynch? Casting a wider net is only as good as the criteria for people you're putting in that net.

tua wrote:Also, Mhork had 9 lynch candidates for today. Why am I suspicious but he is not?

I had to look this up, so I admit it wasn't something I remembered at all, but I have to assume you're talking about the middle of #1048 where he lists 9 people? Do I really have to explain why saying "I think 1 or 2 out of my wagon (this 9 people) are scum" which is what he's saying and "These 9 are all scumreads" which is what you're saying?
beefycheese
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am

Post by chkflip »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS.

UNVOTE: I Am Innocent
VOTE: theunderachivers
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:01 am

Post by pirate mollie »

chikflip what about that post bothered you?
whew!
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Under-
Where is Mastin? I can't seem to locate his posts.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 am

In post 1072, PeregrineV wrote:
@Under-
Where is Mastin? I can't seem to locate his posts.

Hasn't been post in the thread or the qt.
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 am

well since Friday. He's back now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”