NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1002, TheUnderachivers wrote:
In post 998, Aj The Epic wrote:I'd rather not spend too much extra time here when we can use it tomorrow with some extra flips.

This is straight up scum. Today is our longest day. It behooves us to spend the day talking among us. But you want to hurry up the day and go into 4 day deadlines were it'll be quicklynches and most likely mislynches. Fuck no scum.

Vote:AJ

Did you read the rules? You have to save some time today to have time later. And you're scum, so I'm not going to waste any more time letting you breathe air in this game.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by ActionDan »

[: oh it's that one
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm

Post by MattP »

I explicitly stated why I abandoned the Mhork wagon and mozamis asked that bullshit question

Put the fucking pieces together. UN, I'm town, I'm NEVER this cocky as scum, maybe aggressive, but not cocky about my reads and combo'd with being insulting, look at my meta, but omg now that I said it I obv know my meta so I can copy it WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM I never do it this well as scum

pedit: AD, look in my eyes. I'm town. I think I have three of the scumteam.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Post by MattP »

I'm not good enough to perfectly replicate my townplay. There are holes in my tone and actions. Fucking look it up. I am actually sick recently of being mislynch bait because "I act the same way as town and scum". I don't. Stop being a lazy dickwad.
SlappyKrust
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by Vifam »

Okay so Archivers hops on AJ for not wanting to spend extra time on a game that has a bankable fucking deadline.

Why can't we lynch him already
ok
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I looked at your early Bitmap and Mozamis votes and I hated them.

If you as right as you think you are I am sure scum will NK you and then maybe I'll care.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 1030, ActionDan wrote:I looked at your early Bitmap and Mozamis votes and I hated them.

If you as right as you think you are I am sure scum will NK you and then maybe I'll care.

Thanks for the WIFOM

You're so helpful
SlappyKrust
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 1029, Vifam wrote:Okay so Archivers hops on AJ for not wanting to spend extra time on a game that has a bankable fucking deadline.

Why can't we lynch him already

better than the other choices today.

p-edit: Don't you want to live. It's fun to live
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by MattP »

If you think I'm scum and I'm a universal townread you know it's a waste to try to push me as scum today and would let me be scum NK bait to test me

You played this day terribly

Swear to God I've been disappointed with your play since you've entered the thread regardless of alignment for how you are aligning kills
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm

Post by MattP »

Patience is a virtue.
SlappyKrust
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by TheUnderachivers »

In post 1024, ActionDan wrote:Mastin/Nero your reads votes and posts are pretty bullshit.

awesome. But then again someone says that every game...then those "shitty" reads" turn into like half the scum team. :)

As of 01-27-2013

10:38 AM ET (US)

My scum reads were:
Matt P
JacobSavage
UberNinja
Josh Lyman
Vifam
I Am Innocent
Majiffy
pirate mollie
Aj the Epic

If you want to know Mastin's reads I can look them up.

Oh look Matt is a "universal town read" liar liar pants on fire.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Vifam »

Why is Mastin not posting in this thread anyway
ok
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by ActionDan »

I'm not aligning anything.

p-edit:

how the fuck can you have scum-reads on half the game.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Vifam »

Mastin left Nero Cain out to dry as scum that's pretty funny
ok
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

You have 9 scum reads. That's scummy in and of itself, to have so many scum reads so you can be comfortable lynching anyone.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:25 pm

Post by MattP »

Has Mastin done anything?

pedit: ^5 Vifam
SlappyKrust
TheUnderachivers
TheUnderachivers
Goon
TheUnderachivers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by TheUnderachivers »

I'm not my brothers keeper!!!
He posted on Friday and gave some reads like I already said.

Day 1 is the best day for scumhunting so no reason to rush and end it when A.( we have no lynch yet and B.( there are still players catching up. So we’ll talk in a few days.

In post 1037, ActionDan wrote:how the fuck can you have scum-reads on half the game.

'cause half the town is scummy, we have no flips and there are gonna be like 5-6 scum anyways.

In post 1039, Aj The Epic wrote:scum reads so you can be comfortable lynching anyone.

that's right. All 20 players besides me are scum. So I can lynch anyone I want at anytime 'cause everyone is scum. :roll:
Herobrine
Herobrine
Townie
Herobrine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by Herobrine »

Now this is something I am happy to compromise on.

Unvote
Vote Underachivers

I'm losing motivation to post walls after having tried and failed to read UN's massive wall. Just look at his ISO. He's pretty much an open book. Also his scum reads are terrible for the most part.
Hydra of Mist7676 and Rob13
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Post by MattP »

I'd STILL like to start with an IAI lynch but that's not gonna happen

He's pretty much confirmed scum to me, cool cool
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Post by MattP »

I'm hiding behind IAI tonight if we don't lynch him today

So you'll lose an investigative role if I'm right, and if I'm wrong scum will get a 2 for 1 deal

If you don't lynch IAI you're an idiot

That is all.
SlappyKrust
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Post by MattP »

AND THEN THINGS GET INTERESTING
SlappyKrust
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Sorry but the fail Wifom hurts my eyes.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by MattP »

Be useful or go away
SlappyKrust
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 503, Boating Police wrote:I'm pretty damn sure you're town now tho

Why is molllie town?

In post 523, TheReverend wrote:
In post 415, mastin2 wrote:Btw, TheReverand is pretty much confscum.

I'll defend that as strongly as you attack me... drumroll please...

Spoiler:
No I'm not.

In post 477, Lord Mhork wrote:This really isn't an explanation. Why chkflip? Also what does mollie being a stalker have to do with anything? He's completely missed the point of the question, hence why he's sketch. I don't like the explanation.

In post 479, Boating Police wrote:The fact that you are taking Reverend seriously is disconcerting

What boner says. I mean how can you think the chk vote is serious? I even state in the next post it wasn't serious.

Awesome. I botched my reading of that. Apologies to you, Revered-pal. You can go back to null land.

Spoiler: Votes on Me
In post 605, JacobSavage wrote:I feel a strange and uncontrollable urge to VOTE: Mhork

Sheep vote without admitting sheeping. Possible scum.

In post 607, chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: Herobrine
VOTE: Lord Mhork

Awkward sheep vote. Maybe scum.

In post 615, Bitmap wrote:VOTE: Mhork

>run Sheep.exe

Sheep vote whilst admitting sheeping. Possibly town here.

In post 692, zabriel wrote:Gonna quote things as they pop out.

Spoiler:
Vifram is prolly town if he's post junk like ongoing games, I think. I can't see scum being ballsy enough to risk a modkill over something that stupid.

In post 53, Herobrine wrote:
Someone took my first two posts seriously? That's cute. I took page 1 of this game about as seriously as a marathon game.

This sounds forced to me. You think you have one good lead in me, but that's sketchy at best, and you're bitching about people keeping us in RVS on page 1 when over half of the game hasn't posted. Seems legit.

This pings my bad feels. I'm always unnerved when someone passes off their actions as not serious. He could be telling the truth, but nonetheless it catches my eye.

I'm also pretty sure bonerpolice is town based on general aggressiveness and dickish behaviour. Not sure about bitmap at the moment. Mozamis can be semi scum because boner makes good points in 143.

Sigh... Sure...

What about mollie? Is she obvtown too?

I'm trying to look at these from both perspectives. The scum thinking is kind of easy to see. I have to look harder to pull town off it.

For the few posts with any content he's got he does seem to rattle off whatever he's thinking. However, his thoughts have been kind of useless since speculating about whether breaking game rules is more town or more scum is dumb, and Boner/Matt's status as town has never really been in questions. I'm not liking how he ended his comment on Hero. It was looking like he was coming up with a secondary read and then he hedged it at the last second. It's enough.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Mork

This is a good vote on me because rationale is provided. Zabriel can go into the probably town pile here.

In post 694, Om of the Nom wrote:Okay I just did a quick ISO of Mhork and I'm not getting the same kind of feel from his posts that I get from his town game.
VOTE: Mhork
This is a good place to put my vote while I'm still not entirely caught up.

Bad vote here. I'm thinking Om scum because this doesn't feel like any of the town games I've played with him. Usually the banter is nicer and there's more work to progress through the game. He usually at least tries to play the game. I'm seeing scum skidding through without committing and trying way to hard to play of the mindless chatter.

In post 696, MattP wrote:VOTE: Mhork

woops

Vote makes sense because he's been yelling for my lynch. MattP is very probably town.

In post 733, penguin_alien wrote:Sorry mozamis, somehow I confused your early reference to pirate_mollie with a vote. But I appreciate you addressing the question anyways.

UNVOTE: mozamis
VOTE: Lord Mhork

This vote confuses me. It goes in the maybe scum pile, though, because it really doesn't scream town to me.

In post 755, Vifam wrote:Alright I'll get behind this

This vote looks more, at least, like an admission of sheeping. Plus I remember having a gut like of his posts. Vifam can go in the prolly town pile.

In post 759, Majiffy wrote:

I don't like the lack of rationalizing the vote, but I do like his different commentaries. He feels townish to me.

Note that he is the L-2 vote. At this point my wagon consisted of:

JacobSavage
chkflip
zabriel
Om of the Nom
MattP
Bitmap
pengiun_alien
Vifam
Majiffy

I'd be willing to bet one or two of those is scum. Without doing any exceptional rereading or ISOs, my money is on Om Nom being one of them.

In post 622, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 622, Herobrine wrote:And mollie, you can argue over how relevant that scum QT was, but the fact that I think it was relevant makes it relevant in my opinion. I did not mean to purposefully upset you, but I'm also not going to hold back on my understanding of your meta because I could hurt your feelings. Frankly, I'm skeptical that you could be this upset about me linking to a scum QT, considering that the site meta is releasing all scum QTs into the public domain at the end of every game. Do you come from a website where this is not the norm?

~Rob

it isn't relative knowledge cos you are assuming that I would do the same what I advised to you as if I have never had to outrun as scum by providing a list of my reads. I learned how to get around from town using that technique a long time ago. but it is a technique I use as town wherever I go. on certain sites it gives an advantage as town and that is what I am pissed about. now scum know what to look for when I start screaming for lists. you outed town meta not scum meta.

people who do not know how to do meta should never try it. <------ and I am saying this from sometimes getting meta wrong or purposefully wrong. depends on my alignment and what I am looking for.

oh hai, did I just out my meta?

my point being you need a
sample
and you don't have one nor have you tried to
get
one you are basing it off of one game.

and you are going to look pretty scummy and pretty dumb with your continuation of this case. but hey, let's shake a few trees.

Just a note here about mollie ignoring a request for one of her reads while arguing about what reads from her mean alignmentwise. I found this humorous. Also scummy.

The whole Herobrine v mollie thing makes me feel pretty certain that if one of them is scum, the other is definitely town. And I think that Hero definitely came out better in the exchange. I liked him provided that meta evidence against mollie, which sounds like a lot of effort that scum wouldn't have to put in but town would to help support their opinion and views.

In post 672, penguin_alien wrote:Majiffy, who's Archive?

mozamis reacting positively to someone (pirate mollie) for whom he voted for serious reasons at one point reading him as town seems off. mozamis, what has pirate mollie done that makes her someone whose opinion you care about? I realize that you decided that sheeping votes on me would be the best use of your vote, but nothing you posted around the time of your vote change indicated that you didn't have a scum read on pirate mollie any more. And if she is scum in your opinion, why would her believing you to be town be of any import? You say that you think she's town because she reads you as town, if I'm understanding correctly--that's not a very strong argument to my way of thinking.

I somewhat agree with those people calling out Lord Mhork. He says he's voting pirate mollie for jumping between wagons, once I believe. But he doesn't buy TheReverend's explanation for jumping votes multiple times, yet doesn't vote him over pirate mollie. Lord Mhork, you say:

In post 282, Lord Mhork wrote:On my wagon for a couple hours, then gets bored and jumps on someone else. I don't know how I feel about this. Wagon jumping is usually sketch, right?

Do you actually think wagon jumping is sketch, or are you finding a popularly accepted reason to vote someone? If you do, why specifically is it suspicious in the early stages of the game?

I think that jumping around wagons without waiting for the person to at least check in is sketch, because, the way I see it, the point of RVS is to find elicit some reaction that forces the game to really begin. Randomly hopping around wagons does not help with this and makes it look sketchy.

In post 702, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 635, Herobrine wrote:Also, mollie....do you SERIOUSLY expect me to not call you out on your stupid logic?

If you said "this is what I DONT do as scum", then there is obviously an implied "this is what I do as scum". If you don't put your scum-buddies as a null read, then you have to put them as a town or scum read (or ignore them entirely, which is also possible but unlikely because that play would be pretty bad). If you think that scum put their partners in the middle of the list and their scum-buddies as null reads and that it's dangerous to do that as scum, then OBVIOUSLY you're going to not do that as scum. What are you even trying to argue here?

Right now you're arguing silly little semantics that have nothing to do with the validity of what I'm saying in order to try to get under my skin, which is what you did with Voided in that other game. To be fair, it's kind of working. Either way, I'm not sure if this is just your style in general or specifically your scum style. That's something I'll be looking into when I have more time (after Monday).

~Rob

P-edit: Lynching Josh Lyman is always an appropriate move.

you are literally too stupid to breath I bet you need a ventilator at night don't you.

you were obv newb scum and I was telling you what NOT to do. I am in no way shape or form newb scum you dummy, if people think I am scum they do not even
ask
for my list cos of the wifom it creates.

this isn't a semantics issue this is you not having a valid point issue and you being too dumb to realise it. correlation does not equal causation. if you want scum meta on me mebbe you should take a look at the 31 other scum games I have played or better yet
look at my town games that are on this site
so that you can do a comparison.

Posts like this make my stomach ache when reading pirate mollie. Usually aggression is a townie tell, but I just don't like this. She seems to be trying too hard to play up the 'there's no way that I would scum like this' card.

In post 798, Vifam wrote:What is the point of getting a wagon to L-2 and then getting off of it everything you do mimics a 2nd grader

This is a good point. I feel it's more likely to come from town than scum.

I don't exactly know how I feel about Uber Ninja, but he's playing similar to the way I remember playing him in a game where he was town, I think, awhile back, so his aggression makes him prolly town. I also like his point against mollie about her 'getting this right in the spreadsheet' comment.

In post 828, Om of the Nom wrote:VOTE: UberNinja

I don't like this vote.

In post 862, Maestro wrote:
Om of the Nom has requested replacement. Beginning the search now.

Also - a player has requested via PM that Majiffy and Vifam be given a warning as their recent posting is (in the eyes of this player) bordering on personal attacks against UberNinja. If I receive another such PM, regardless of my own opinions, I will consider their posting to have broken my rule against such attacks. Please be mindful of your posting and its effect on other players.

I'm so confused. Why does Om Nom all of a sudden replace out with no whining or 'I'm obv-town' or anything? :/
Maybe he got tired of being scum? I think I read somewhere that UberNinja can be a beast at scumhunting.

In post 898, MattP wrote:Ok but it makes you easy mislynch bait

If I didn't find IAI scummy you'd be decisively dead right now

I'm aware I'm easy mislynch bait. I have difficulties with the whole 'bleed obv-town' thing.

So yeah... Mollie is my favourite lynch, but if I really can't have it, ArcAngel would also be awesome. I feel like I should go reISO IAmInnocent, since MattP likes him for scum, and failing that I'll give UnderAchievers and AJ a second look.

There. I'm caught up. Huzzah.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Well that spoiler got butchered. I think I technically voted for myself too.

UNVOTE: Lord Mhork

VOTE: Pirate Mollie
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”