The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 456, BT wrote:Librarian #390 gets a mention for commenting on the big wagons while still sticking to a vote that no one is interested in.

Could you please explain why this post of mine is scummy?

--

In post 464, Plessiezarus wrote:[Re: peta]How many (and which) games did you check?

town
scum
town
town
town
scum
scum
White Room Mafia - A Mini Normal For 13 Players
in day 2
NEED A REPLACEMENT - PM ME
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 464, Plessiezarus wrote:But if you
had
to pick one of them as scum, which would you pick?

This is such a weird question to ask. Why did you ask this, Pless?

TGAH's vote on Jason is pretty poor; to be honest I'm completely unconvinced as to why anyone would consider Jason a good vote today. Sotty and Zach have vouched for his towniness, which is NOT a reason to count him out completely but is a great reason to go after other people on Day 1. Indeed, in the situation TGAH seems to suspect, I'd want to vote Sottyrulez instead of Jason. Wouldn't their flip tell you more about a partnership between them than Jason's would?

The more I read Shadoweh's bit about not getting involved with the SD wagon because of the people on it, the less I like it.

DeasVail's 483 goes a way to making me feel better about him as town. The only thing I don't get, DV, is the inconsistency you're pointing out about SD in the two quotes you picked out. Could you explain that to me? Otherwise the arguments above make me pretty happy about where my vote is.

Depending on DeasVail's answer to the above, there's a good chance I'll move my vote to McStab.
#greenshirtthursdays
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 499, Benmage wrote:That difficult to read paragraph that only repeats whats already been stated about it...

You didn't read it did you?
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

Unless you wanna point out where someone pointed out that Vifam's comment could've actually helped Jason and didn't at all blow up his "plan" before I did?
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:09 am

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Day 1, Votecount 21

Shadoweh (1) - Baby Spice
JasonT1981 (4) - Ser Arthur Dayne, Cerulean, BT, TheGreatestAmericanHero
SafetyDance (5) - ChannelDelibird, absta101, petapan, McStab, sottyrulez

The Mini-Librarian (1) - Shadoweh
petapan (3) - Benmage, The Mini-Librarian, SafetyDance
McStab (4) - Plessiezarus, camn, Nostredeus, Deasvail

Not voting (1):
JasonT1981

• With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.
  • Deadline is on 6th of February at 5:30pm GMT
  • Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2013-02-06 13:30:28)
  • Baby Spice, sottyrulez, Nostredeus and JasonT1981 are V/la.

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 am

scott/zach, can you please EXPLAIN the townread on Jason? Like,
attempt
to convince others instead of just saying "take my word for it".
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 am

They definitely have done that, SAD. Reread the last couple of pages.
#greenshirtthursdays
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 am

In post 452, sottyrulez wrote:Jason is still town. I have known the guy for 8 years just about, played mafia with him on and off the last three or four years? I forget. But Zach and myself are pretty great when it comes to reading the Jason slot and we both feel Jason Town right now. He does dumb things like tunnel on the wrong people (vifam) all the time as town. There are only two people I am happy in just straight up reading and that's Zach and Jason. So yeah, that's where I'm at with that. If any of you Jason voters want to show me something in his meta to provoe me wrong then go ahead. Right now I'm just not seeing it.

Well this ^ is basically reading "trust me".
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am

And Jason is gone when he's clearly posting elsewhere :roll:
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:17 am

I meant this:

In post 494, sottyrulez wrote:
In post 458, Cerulean wrote:
In post 452, sottyrulez wrote:Jason is still town. I have known the guy for 8 years just about, played mafia with him on and off the last three or four years? I forget. But Zach and myself are pretty great when it comes to reading the Jason slot and we both feel Jason Town right now. He does dumb things like tunnel on the wrong people (vifam) all the time as town. There are only two people I am happy in just straight up reading and that's Zach and Jason. So yeah, that's where I'm at with that. If any of you Jason voters want to show me something in his meta to provoe me wrong then go ahead. Right now I'm just not seeing it.

Him attacking "the wrong people" is not even remotely the issue we have with him. It's the fact that he's attacking Arthur and Vifam for their playstyles rather than anything alignment indicative and there's just an overall lack of substance coming from him (#122 still being the most egregious example). A lot of his posts read like they just exist to make him seem like he's contributing when he's really not. Also, just telling us to trust you isn't going to do much when you're not doing much to highlight the difference between his town play and his scum play. What's the difference between the two and how exactly is he playing like his town self? (For what it's worth, Tammy told me she feels like he's playing more like in TM 2012 Closed Normal where they were scum buddies than in Harry Potter. Tammy can probably elaborate on this better when she comes back, though.)

Yeah, your complaints about his play pretty much hit all the markers that indicate he's town. He's notoriously bad with reads and arguments as town. It's actually when he's scum that he will come across more level headed and seem to be making more reasonable arguments. It's precisely because when he's scum he's more interested in trying to fit in vs when he's town and actually interested in finding scum that he tries so hard that he tries to make square pegs fit into circular holes.
#greenshirtthursdays
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 502, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 499, Benmage wrote:That difficult to read paragraph that only repeats whats already been stated about it...

You didn't read it did you?

Probably 4-5 times.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Your read on sdance SAD?
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 483, DeasVail wrote:. The pressure vote has become useless, everyone's telling you to stop. Why not just move on if he doesn't actually want to lynch him? Because he's scum that doesn't want to be seen as backtracking under pressure? Possibly.

Why would I not try and defend myself? If I disagree with what someone is saying about me you bet I'm going to try and defend myself and if someone is misinterpreting me, I will call them up on it. I'm not just going to ignore them and be content with people wagoning me.

In post 483, DeasVail wrote:Regarding SafetyDance:

I didn't think his vote for SAD originally was that big a deal, but after failing to achieve the intended goal (I think?) of getting SAD to stop roleplaying, and getting negative attention for his vote, he doesn't unvote for the longest time.

That is not a case, I came back on when I did and then defended why I voted him, because people were asking me to address things. From defence to unvote is 7 votes. Context.

In post 483, DeasVail wrote:
There's also the fact that there was content beneath SAD's roleplaying, and the first reasonably sized paragraph in talks about SAD being a problem in later days, which I really feel is just scum trying too hard to justify their vote, and the whole thing about it being brought up as a 'reason' later I don't really understand. I think this would only be a problem from the PoV of scum? However, I'm not sure I understand completely.

Having foresight in this game is a bad thing? And trying to address something I feel can be a problem, early on (like, 8 hours in), that's bad too? When's a good time to bring it up? When's the most pro-town moment to bring up that I have a problem with the roleplaying and find it anti-town?

In post 475, petapan wrote:
In post 468, SafetyDance wrote:That last sentence - you openly state you're ignoring a person's posts. That's not scummy, how?

ah yes, scum often openly admit to not reading posts because that helps them achieve their goal, of lynching the town

retard

also this game is insufferably wallposty

Wonderful, insults. If I'm a retard then that must make you regressive pond scum that's crawled back into the water because he's forgotten the simple act of how to breathe. Can't make out any logic in that sentence, will presume there is none.

Yeah, vote stays.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 am

Post by DeasVail »

SD, your post doesn't really address why you didn't unvote, which is really the main problem.

Also, CDB, the inconsistency was that he makes an insignificant comment about a player he doesn't know the name of, and then later in the post says he'll only bring something up if it really sticks out, as he doesn't want to wall or whatever. This attitude does not really fit with the comment I mentioned, but I don't think this inconsistency is particularly scummy. Maybe it's something scum would be more likely to avoid. I'm not really sure.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am

Post by absta101 »

camn's push on the hydra thing seems scummy. From what i've seen, he looks like scum throwing bs suspicion on Plezz.

Also, #419 looks like he's just jumped on McStab because a few players were saying "hmm, McStab is lynchable". Throwing in the connection with Plezz (as if she's conf scum) is another terrible move that seems more 'opportunistic' than 'genuine'.
---

@Plezz
- Peta is town atm but i'm not fully caught up yet. Also, I wasn't calling him scum with the "bs noise" thing.
SaD is harder to read (null).

(Yes, I follow the latest posts as well.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 am

Post by absta101 »

You know what?
VOTE: Camn
I'm sick and tired of his fucking bull shit.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am

Post by absta101 »

Read more tomorrow.

Not so confident on my SD vote anymore (obviously). People should vote Camn for what I brought up.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am

In post 511, Benmage wrote:Your read on sdance SAD?

Prob null with a sprinkle of VI?
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 am

In post 515, absta101 wrote:You know what?
VOTE: Camn
I'm sick and tired of his fucking bull shit.

1. Camn is town.
2. Camn is a she.
3. Camn is town.
4. Camn really hasn't been "bullshitting".
The Baltimore Sun
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
The Baltimore Sun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Post by The Baltimore Sun »

Prodding JasonT1981
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by camn »

In post 515, absta101 wrote:I'm sick and tired of his fucking bull shit.

ooOOoo.. big man!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 489, TheGreatestAmericanHero wrote:
In post 483, DeasVail wrote:American Hero: Why do you think sotty would defend their buddy Jason so hard?

I don’t know. It could be a small scum team, Jason could be a scum PR, or a few other reasons that I can’t think of right now. That doesn’t negate the point that they –are- defending Jason. Nor are they touching the main issue of why Jason is scum. Instead they are labeling Jason as town due to his gambit and tunneling on Vifam.

Sotty, would you respond to 304 and give your thoughts on that and how it affects your read on Jason? Would you also address Jason’s scumread on Dayne?

I’m going to catch up with everything, hopefully, before I head out to work today. If there is anything that people would specifically like me to address please let me know.

Sotty/Zach usually bus like mad as scum. They are not one to defend their buddies and will throw them under the bus at a seconds moment. I have had this happen to me in nearly every game we have played together as scum.

Sorry, I was sure i posted last night... my mistake. Acknowledging I have some questions to answer. Got some work to finish up this evening and will get to them by tomorrow afternoon at the latest. I am a few pages behind but skimming this caught my eye.

Nearly 100% McStab would flip town after reading him in ISO like I said in one of my recent posts. My vote may well go on Safety Dance as it stands.

More when I get back on.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:26 pm

In post 520, camn wrote:
In post 515, absta101 wrote:I'm sick and tired of his fucking bull shit.

ooOOoo.. big man!

Absta's thing looks horribly contrived anyways.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 516, absta101 wrote:Read more tomorrow.

Not so confident on my SD vote anymore (obviously). People should vote Camn for what I brought up.

hmmm, while I do agree that the McStab jump was weak, I am not sure that it is scummy. Just wrong.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by camn »

In post 522, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Absta's thing looks horribly contrived anyways.
Oh, yes. I agree.

And Jason- Weak and gut is all I got at this point. You know I can barely keep everyone straight day 1 in a MINI.. not to mention a hydra-filled large.
That's why I lust for blood... to get the numbers down :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”