NY 161: Overly-Posh Mafia (POSH WIN - NIGHT X)

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 524, TheReverend wrote:Not sure what to make of om's reaction to the daycop thing.

Bugged me too.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 525, UberNinja wrote:shut the fuck up

How about be productive and people would stop looking at you with cocked eyebrows?

Crazy theory, I know, but it just might work.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Post by Vifam »

I give him points for not just giving up like I expected him to
ok
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 525, UberNinja wrote:
In post 523, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 519, UberNinja wrote:no, as in, who the fuck are you to tell me i'm off my game, and how the fuck would you even know if i was off my game?

I've barely seen a lick of scumhunting from you.
This is not normal and I am worried for your health.

......................................................................................

shut the fuck up

Why the hostility? :(
I-I thought we were friends?
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Post by Maestro »

I sometimes watch birds and wonder “If I could fly, who would I shit on?”

VoteCount #1.11Bitmap -
[L-10]
TheReverend
Herobrine -
[L-8]
borkjerfkin, Vifam, chkflip
pirate mollie -
[L-9]
Josh Lyman, Lord Mhork
Majiffy -
[L-10]
JacobSavage
JacobSavage -
[L-9]
pirate mollie, I Am Innocent
mozamis -
[L-7]
Om of the Nom, pengiun_alien, zabriel, Majiffy
Josh Lyman -
[L-10]
Aj the Epic
pengiun_alien -
[L-9]
PeregrineV, mozamis
Om of the Nom -
[L-9]
Bitmap, Herobrine
Lord Mhork -
[L-10]
Boner Police
chkflip -
[L-10]
theunderachivers

With 21 alive it takes 11 to Lynch.

Not Voting:
UberNinja
V/LA over the weekend:
TheReverend, theunderachivers

Deadline / Bankable Time:
(expired on 2013-02-21 17:00:00)
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 529, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 525, UberNinja wrote:
In post 523, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 519, UberNinja wrote:no, as in, who the fuck are you to tell me i'm off my game, and how the fuck would you even know if i was off my game?

I've barely seen a lick of scumhunting from you.
This is not normal and I am worried for your health.

......................................................................................

shut the fuck up

Why the hostility? :(
I-I thought we were friends?

Because you are either scum or you're being a complete and total asstard.

I am trying to be a good IC in another game, and I've had a long week at work, and also real life is kicking me in the ass, and honestly I really don't need that shit, especially from someone nowhere near as good as I consider myself to be (pompous asshole warning... watch out guys)
Boating Police
Boating Police
Goon
Boating Police
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Post by Boating Police »

VOTE: UN
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 515, Herobrine wrote:
In post 385, mozamis wrote:
In post 333, pirate mollie wrote:moziperson is obvconftown and has no idea how to act

I'm flattered, but why I am "obvconftown"?
And, since I am town, why I would I want to "act"?

Answers to these questions ASAP, mollie.

~Rob

your posts don't feel scummy to me. I like that you are questioning my town read even though I think you are being retarded.

"act" as in behave not pretend.
whew!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Anyway, tomorrow is the catch up day. I saw something about a day cop. This is getting exciting. :)

But don't get the wrong idea, my attitude is still this:

p-edit @ boner: lol
Boating Police
Boating Police
Goon
Boating Police
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Post by Boating Police »

Keep lol'in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by zabriel »

Not that I don't appreciate being called obv-town, but NY 159 was my first scum game. Or maybe just my first non-micro scum game. It's a valid observation; I do suck as I almost never roll scum, but I do like to think my scum game has improved a little since NY 159. I'm going to assume good intent since that was just kind of volunteered out of nowhere. In my experience scum usually wait until my wagon is already rolling to defend me.

Also:

UNVOTE: Mozamis

Thinking about where to go from here. Just read Penguin's iso and I actually like her posts a little better now. I didn't really get the Hero-wagon until I re-read #374. First point is terrible and the testing the waters stuff seems terrible and reaching. Plus the jump to Om (who would seriously just be a policy lynch) without commenting on the switch rubs me kind of wrong.

VOTE: Hero
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 531, UberNinja wrote:I am trying to be a good IC in another game, and I've had a long week at work, and also real life is kicking me in the ass, and honestly I really don't need that shit, especially from someone nowhere near as good as I consider myself to be (pompous asshole warning... watch out guys)

Spoiler: srsbsns

You're packed with excuses, aren't you bb? I thought he was just having a go with you.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Okay, moving the game rereading to tomorrow, way too hyper and distracted to do anything today and I'm basically running off two hours of sleep.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 499, Majiffy wrote:And I'm obviously voting Mozamis so you can make of that whatever a cognizant being with an IQ of 80 should be able to do.

And you call me "snarky"? Yeah I was annoyed at what you posted, because you were being an arse. And once again, you are being an arse to someone else. I don't know what your problem is, but it's annoying and unhelpful to town.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 488, Aj The Epic wrote:But I'm not sure I know what to think of Bitmap's fake-claim day vig... Fake claiming day vig is really stupid, especially there.

This slightly worries me. It's clearly a "jokey" claim, so what else is there to think? Looks a little bit like you are trying to fake a reaction to me.
I'll keep my vote on penguin for now, but :igmeou:
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Post by mozamis »

In post 533, pirate mollie wrote:your posts don't feel scummy to me. I like that you are questioning my town read even though I think you are being retarded.

"act" as in behave not pretend.

Damned with faint praise lol
I'm assuming by "don't know how to behave" you meant me starting off being "posh"?
Herobrine
Herobrine
Townie
Herobrine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:03 am

Post by Herobrine »

First, let's look at mollie's scum meta. In a recent game we played together, she replaced into a scum-team with me. One of the first things she said in the scum QT was her feelings on listing your read on a partner. She said the following:

Pirate mollie, Post #14 in the [url=http://quicktopic.com/48/H/squL7RJ9k2Db]Open 471 Scum QT[/url] wrote:awww, fuck it, rob next time you make a list of your reads keep in mind that scum almost always puts their scummates in the middle of their list, lol, listing is a tool to catch scum. they also almost always list their teammmates as null unless they are trying to get them lynched or they are confident in their skillz.

So mollie is extremely likely to list her partner as town/scum instead of null even when it doesn't make total sense to do so because she considers it an associative tell. This could potentially lead to her sounding forced when composing reads.

In post 333, pirate mollie wrote:moziperson is obvconftown and has no idea how to act. also wagon speed. and look who was on it

This leads to a weird and forced read on Mozamis. Mollie lists him as "obvconftown". If Mozamis is ObvTown, then that suggests Mollie can point to specific posts that look like town or at least provide some good reasons for him being town. Instead, she simply can't.

In post 533, pirate mollie wrote:your posts don't feel scummy to me. I like that you are questioning my town read even though I think you are being retarded.

I don't see how the absense of scumminess, which would mean null, turns into ObvConfTown. That doesn't compute for me. Note that the one actual reason she gives occurred AFTER she listed Mozamis as obvconftown.

In post 385, mozamis wrote:
In post 333, pirate mollie wrote:moziperson is obvconftown and has no idea how to act

I'm flattered, but why I am "obvconftown"?
And, since I am town, why I would I want to "act"?

Mozamis' response to Mollie's original read on him sounded nervous to me. A townie wouldn't care exclusively about those who think they're town, I don't think. If they were going to ask for support for reads, I would think they would have done it earlier when people were forming the wagon on them. Scum wouldn't question a town read on them by someone other than a partner. Scum may question a town read on them by a partner if they thought their partner had slipped up and associated them. It could be distancing.

I should note that I'm questioning whether the last bit about Mozamis' response is confirmation bias on my part. It could be. Let me know if it doesn't look nervous in your opinion or that point is otherwise unfair.

Conclusion:

Vote
Unvote mollie

Wish I had a second vote to get Mozamis as well.

~Rob
Hydra of Mist7676 and Rob13
Herobrine
Herobrine
Townie
Herobrine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 am

Post by Herobrine »

EBWOP: I'm a derp.

Unvote
Vote: mollie

~Rob
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:12 am

Post by mozamis »

I liked Mollie's response. To me, it is clear that she meant "I liked Moz's posts, he looks town to me". "obvconfirm town" is not a phrase I would use on Day 1, but maybe it's just her playstyle. Anyway, she gets townie points from me for giving a strong read. She doesn't seem nervous.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Okay, I really don't feel like sleeping anymore, even though it's like almost 12AM, so I'm just going to read like 5 pages now and then try to sleep.
In post 14, Herobrine wrote:
In post 4, Majiffy wrote:when Thor and I play our hydra.

Oh my god, that sounds horrific. It's hard enough playing with either of you separately. Together?

*shudder*

~Rob

P-edit: OMG it's an OMGUS vote! EVERYONE VOTE VIFAM!!!!!!!!1!!!1111!!!1111111

P-P-edit: lol, you guys would name your hydra "boner police"

P-P-P-edit: OMG STOP POSTING STUFF

P-P-P-P-edit: FML

This doesn't sound like scum at all it just looks like hyperactive town to me.

That's page 1 done.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:39 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 25, Bitmap wrote:
In post 23, Boating Police wrote:Why the fuck are people RVS'ing when there are a few decent leads already?

Anyone that RVSs now is just shitty scum trying to prolong the bullshit period of the game

~MattP

FOS BonerPolice
Bitmap this was bad, regardless of a whether or not it was a joke.
In post 30, Bitmap wrote:
In post 26, Boating Police wrote:
In post 25, Bitmap wrote:
FOS BonerPolice

I expected better from you

You know I'm a lighthearted guy.

VOTE: Herobrine
I don't like this either.
In post 35, Vifam wrote:The first post is just some introduction and the second post is just him having fun
Vifam really just summed up my thoughts on Herobrine at that point in time.
In post 41, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 36, Bitmap wrote:Hey Boner, Om does this sort of shit all the time with the fluff posting. What makes this so scummy?

Vote: Bitmap

Om hasn't posted in here, nor confirmed, and isn't a hydra.
I'm seriously wondering if he was being intentionally dense with this comment.
In post 46, Vifam wrote:Om has not posted yet what are you talking about
Vifam I think of you as a much smarter person than a lot of people on this forum, please don't let me down.
In post 47, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 43, Bitmap wrote:
In post 41, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 36, Bitmap wrote:Hey Boner, Om does this sort of shit all the time with the fluff posting. What makes this so scummy?

Vote: Bitmap

Om hasn't posted in here, nor confirmed, and isn't a hydra.

/headdesk

I mean I've played with Om and even hydra'd with him in many previous games. He fluff posts as town. I asked Boner what makes this situation so unique.

Boner Police has never said a word about Om.
Same as the last PV quote, it's just really dumb and I don't get it.

Herobrine
Herobrine
Townie
Herobrine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:44 am

Post by Herobrine »

In post 544, mozamis wrote:I liked Mollie's response. To me, it is clear that she meant "I liked Moz's posts, he looks town to me". "obvconfirm town" is not a phrase I would use on Day 1, but maybe it's just her playstyle. Anyway, she gets townie points from me for giving a strong read. She doesn't seem nervous.

I was saying YOUR response was nervous, not hers. Her posting definitely isn't nervous, but she doesn't get nervous when scum, so I wouldn't expect her to be.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 61, Boating Police wrote:Ur throwin me in a whirlpool Vifam

First thing I said to Reck 10 posts into the game was "Vifam/Herobrine scumteam 2013"

But bussing ur scumbuddy at a time like this? Scandalous
I'm curious as to what this Vifam scumread was based on. I mean, if it's already explained in the thread then just wait for me to get there but if not please tell me in the meantime.
In post 62, Bitmap wrote:BonerPolice is probably town. Matt gets really insecure when he gets a wrong read on someone elsewhere.
I don't think this meta is true, Matt doesn't get very insecure about his reads lol, or at least he doesn't show it.
In post 70, Boating Police wrote:I don't think they're good enough to juggle both simultaneously juggling a slight scumread on me and defending themselves from a scumread I have on them at the same time. Seems too parallel as opposed to direct, and then not only that but in the next post to completely and utterly disregard their read on me and vote with me. Really sloppy, not neat enough to be scum
I don't know whether to suspect you or be sad that you're using a too scummy to be scum argument as an experienced player.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:52 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 79, Boating Police wrote:
In post 72, Vifam wrote:Oh so because he's playing sloppy he can't be scum

This is a better way of saying it. People can be sloppy by going back on their word / lie and that's scummy. But he didn't go back on his word, he just posted a feeling he had that was transient and moved on along and as scum you make up fake shit and build fake cases around it. Yeah as scum come 10 pages later you can forget something, but it was one post. I believe the thought process was genuine, and therefore I think he's town.

Better?
Okay this is much better you are forgiven.
In post 86, Bitmap wrote:
In post 81, Boating Police wrote:Also Bitmap is softly trying to push a Herobrine lynch this ENTIRE TIME with shit like post 76 when he has "no reads"

I think you're spouting bullshit Matt. That last post about scum doesn't play sloppy is pretty bad.

VOTE: BonerPolice

This wagon needs to get going.
Yeah um, this just sound like OMGUS lol. It's really not that hard to just discredit an attack against you by calling it bullshit, it's a lot harder to actually say why it is.
In post 93, mozamis wrote:So Boner Police and Bitmap are town then.
No, just no.
In post 96, Vifam wrote:
In post 84, Boating Police wrote:
In post 80, Vifam wrote:You really are on another plane when it comes to this stuff

U should give a reason for why Hero is a good lynch instead of wasting time trying to discredit me

Just some advice 4 u

I'm not discrediting you. Hero is a good wagon because he voted BitMap based on something that was obviously a joke, it's sloppy because he think he saw a contradiction by a player and went "oh gee I guess I can hop on dis". Scum do that all the time when attention shifts from them to some other guy
This sounds like a really easy reason to get on a wagon, how ironic. I still stand by my town read on Herobrine.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:55 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 102, pirate mollie wrote:well now things just got interesting

eta: IF SOMEONE NINJA POSTS ME AGAIN THEY ARE DRAWING BACK A BLOODY NUB!!!!!
god mollie you're being really bad at this
In post 118, Majiffy wrote:VOTE: Bitmap

Wagons are good.
Majiffy is being as useless as he normally is.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”