Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Jal »

Medhi, what does this say to you:

In post 1099, Cheery Dog wrote:Jal and I have claimed to have cards at the start of the day, presumably from the people that died during the night (since neither were ones Lurker had claimed to have) I would say there are another two people that gained cards at the start of the day as well (based on the probable 2 cards to everyone except two which have 3 distribution, but then the fact that Jal who claimed to not have 2 cards yesterday gained one makes me wonder about it)
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

It's just summarizing some likely correct set up spec. If you really want to push it then he'd know more about cards as scum since he'd know 3 people's start cards and understand it more then be less sure.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Jal »

No no no.

What do you think his summary is saying?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:10 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

He has two cards and didn't really remember your reaction to the 2/3 card theory (since it was fairly obvious you had 3 cards then). I still don't really see a point in this.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Jal »

Because, from my point of view, it looks like he originally thought I had one card, not three. What would he hope to gain by investigating me otherwise?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Already asked.

In post 1270, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 1269, Mehdi2277 wrote:She also claimed having 3 cards basically yesterday so I don't see how it would get anything to help. If she's telling the truth she has 3 cards. If she's lying she still probably has at least 2.

It would help me understand if that action was actually any use whatsoever (whether it would tell me the actual card number or not, I didn't expect it would, but since I have it I felt I might as well use it). Unless you think there is likely someone with only 1 card.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Jal »

I don't think you get it.

I'm not asking why he would actually investigate me. Not doubting his claim. I'm pointing out how what he said previously indicates he thought I had less than one card prior (1 card only), and if his power told him I have two, why hasn't he been suspicious?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

His power was used to check your card counts because he's unsure. And b if you really find that strange why not vote him yourself? I find it fine.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 1315, Jal wrote:Because I am unsure, you know, like I already explained.

Jake, this is what I don't get. You try to paint me as scummy for looking at the night kills, yet you look at the night kills yourself and try to attribute the Uber kill to me based on his death and what he said prior. That does not logically work out. How did you go from Cheery being scum, to Safety being the one lying between Cheery and him and between Safety and Medhi, to now thinking Medhi is scum?

what you did was look at kills and try to figure out which is the scum kill and which is the vig/sk kill which imo is impossible to know. What I did is look at why each person may have been killed. What I did was look at who they suspected and try to find scum that way, Like I said before (pretty sure I have this game) I have been killed twice on night 1 and attempted to be killed in a 3rd game over the past couple of months and each game I was right about scum going into the night so looking at who each person suspected is absolutely acceptable.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:45 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

That's very selective standards.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by Jal »

I'm asking your opinion if you felt the same. That is all.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:56 pm

In post 1334, Mehdi2277 wrote:That's very selective standards.

Was that at me?

Not really

His method is using random guessing

Mine is at least attempting to narrow it down using game related info.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:58 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In your opinion. I personally think baby was an obvious vig kill and still am assuming that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:01 pm

And what are you using to base that off of?

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:04 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Since a. I'd shoot her, b. I've rarely seen vigs actually shoot lurkers and have played about 40 forum games (add in 200-300 EM games if desired), c. scum don't tend to shoot someone with a good amount of suspicion and not pushing their foses much based again off of quite a few games, and d. UN has a fairly decent town rep and is a fine scum night kill plus his unpredictability for day 2 is usually something scum want dead.

Short version personal experience.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 pm

But with mafia down 1 man, they want to take out a threat to them right away, a UN mafia kill means who is scum ?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm

And I too have personal experience and as scum I'd want UN in the game as long as possible as he will most likely help town lose aka Disney mafia.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

You're basing it off one game while I'm basing it off overall rep which includes scummy noms. And in a two man sk in a 30p game I didn't even think in detail on my first two kills. Maybe that's your response to just shoot who you suspect but it's not what I'd expect as really common. Killing people that aren't likely to be mislynched and are a ? is a threat by itself.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:25 pm

scummy noms? from what I can tell he has only been nominated once and that was in 2012 and it was for playing good as scum. 2011, 2010, and 2009 he never received a single award or nomination for his amazing town play.

and you have to agree a 2 man SK in a 30P game is completely different strategy than a 1 man SK in a 13P game right? did you even look at the link Jal posted earlier? It basically supports my line of thinking over yours. This is a quote from mastin in that post

The scum got away with killing the people largest suspicious of them, and it was completely ignored by everyone except for me, because of "NK wifom!"

trust me, looking at who got killed and who they suspected is a much better method than what Jal did and what you are doing. If mafia had all 3 people, than a reputation kill would make sense but to sit there and imply UN has this amazing reputation and multiple scummy noms, when it just isn't true is laughable.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

One when they aren't that super common. 2 man sk means threats would matter more according to your idea, but I played completely differently then what you thought a 2 man mafia would do when threats were less of a problem.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 1311, Jal wrote:There is no reason for me, as scum or serial killer, to bring up the fact I have a vig card.

If I'm scum A) There is no reason to make-up a BS killing card claim suddenly when I haven't been tracked to a kill, or significant suspecion on me or whatever. I'd also be setting myself up to be CC killed during the night.
If I am SK B) I have no idea why I would tell scum who I am so they can try to night kill their competition.

If you think I am scum or the serial killer, then vote me. Otherwise, it just looks like you're putting suspicion onto me and encouraging others to vote for me without adding weight to the argument itself. It's scummy as shit. Last time I'll address this.

While it's true that you wouldn't make it up, there's absolutely reason for you to claim a vigilante card if you did actually get one, especially with trackers and watchers everywhere. You're almost certainly getting watched tonight, which means much more wide open killing for Scum on other targets, barring WIFOM in the actions. It's ballsy as all hell, but not impossible by any means. Why did you claim it, anyway?
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

Secondly, I'm most definitely allowed to say "I don't like X" without being sure enough to vote on it. Getting defensive and threatening towards that
does not
help.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Mehdi hasn't said anything recently to lead me to believe he isn't lying, so...

Vote: Mehdi
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:13 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I've said more then anyone else and responded to basically everything so either you could specify what's off about the response or continue to vaguely fos me and just try to jump on the wagon putting it at L-1.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Post by Jal »

VOTE: MonkeyMan

I want you to tell me how his defense was unraveling earlier.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”