guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:34 am

Post by guille2015 »

Hello everyone.

I'm gonna quick read through this game. I'm not in the mood to do a catchup wall post. If there is anything you want me to focus on early in the game or something you want my opinion on, feel free to say so now.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:19 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

A. Do you have the railroad B&O? Specifically that card and if you don't have it just you don't and not anything more. If you do then I want to know what power it has if any.
B. To direct a bit what are your thoughts on lurker's wagon before he scum slipped? Along with thoughts on current role discussion.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:50 am

Post by guille2015 »

In post 1076, Mehdi2277 wrote:A. Do you have the railroad B&O? Specifically that card and if you don't have it just you don't and not anything more. If you do then I want to know what power it has if any.
B. To direct a bit what are your thoughts on lurker's wagon before he scum slipped? Along with thoughts on current role discussion.

A. Yeah, I have it. It's as Lurker described it. I asked GNR when I received all my cards and he said I got it when Day 1 ended.

B. I'm about half way through the game. I have not yet gotten to the point Lurker scumslipped, but I am at the point where his wagon died off. I noticed some of the players stayed in the wagon, which is a good indication of town stubbornness. I started making a list of how I saw some players as I played and I wrote down several reads. I thought SC was scummy at first but his persistence in the Lurker lynch makes me think he is town. I've got an early town read on Medhi even though he was against the Lurker wagon. When I read how the lurker wagon started, knowing that he was scum, I find it an obvious wagon. His post 44, was a good point of start that I would have used to pressure him to. Then his play was scummy in general. His vote for LM was quite bad. I found Robert scummy. And I find Jal town. For some reason I wrote that Jake is whatever the opposite of SC, but I don't remember why I wrote that. It would seem that Baby got vigged, and I can completely understand why that was. Who ever did that should claim it, if they haven't done so already. This is basically what I have from reading 20 pages. Let's see if I can get to the fun parts.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1072, Jake from State Farm wrote:@ safety - 2 questions

Did you got your night action PM before the day started?

also question regarding your report, you claim your action said you didn't "see anything" but that is completely different than "no result" or "didn't go anywhere" don't you think?

I am also curious how you got your extra card at night, but Xis claimed to get an extra card during the start of the day. It doesn't add up personally.

1.) Think about this. Why would I get to do night actions
after
the day started? I joined the game, got my role pm during the night phase, and did my night actions before the day started.

It seems like you're presuming some serious bastard-modding happening from GNR to let me replace in during the day and still do night actions. You'll have to get clarification from him personally as to if this is the true and why he posted I replaced in at the start of the day (
@mod, your cue...
).

2.) GNR was vague (purposefully?) in his reply. I think you can read it both ways. Didn't see anything could equal didn't see Mehdi go anywhere is/was my line of thought rather than no result. If CheeryDog is telling the truth and got the same message with the waterworks on UN who was definitely townie and can't have possibly gone anywhere, then I think that yes, that's further proof that message means that person didn't do anything, which counters what Mehdi is saying. Unless you're of the opinion that both CD and I were roleblocked. I can't even imagine the odds on that.

3.) Did you notice Jal also claimed getting a new card? It's pretty safe to say now that dead people's cards get redistributed to the living players, to whom and by means is unknown to us. Who died before the night? Who also claimed to have the card I now possess. Now put two and two together...
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I meant did you get your result before the day started
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:01 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 1035, Jal wrote:
In post 1033, Cheery Dog wrote:Sounds exactly the same as I got with waterworks on UberNinja, so I disagree.

Got with waterworks on UberNinja?

Mhork, you know, we were just in a game together where determining who did what kill was actually an important feature on D2 as Sword both A) suspected you as scum and called out 2/3s of the scum team whereas the vig who killed Triton.. well, triton had nada. So why are you putting suspecion onto me for determining what the night kills mean? That is scummy fucking shit right there.

Waiting out to see how the effects of either being role blocked would be. but one sec

I'd say it's not 'scummy fucking shit.' Often there's no point in trying to figure out what kills mean 'cause it's a mess of WIFOM. Also I wasn't even putting suspicion on you. It was a legitimate question. Your paranoid defense against it is noted, though.

And with the Mehdi thing, does this mean that he was roleblocked? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Also hi, guille! :D
Here's to a quick catch up.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1079, Jake from State Farm wrote:I meant did you get your result before the day started

No.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Either a. I was role blocked or b. safety is scum or I am are the only two options that have decent chances of being true.

And VOTE: AI. Partly just sheeping tbg and partly that guille's last post puts him a bit less of a lynch desire as AI right now.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1082, Mehdi2277 wrote:Either a. I was role blocked or b. safety is scum or I am are the only two options that have decent chances of being true.

And VOTE: AI. Partly just sheeping tbg and partly that guille's last post puts him a bit less of a lynch desire as AI right now.

You're not entertaining the theory that CD could be trying to put two townies against each other by supporting one side?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Fake claiming tracker just to support a story a bit doesn't seem to me like an obvious choice nor one that is likely. Waterworks and electric being connected in power I find reasonable and lack of water works cc.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1078, SafetyDance wrote:Unless you're of the opinion that both CD and I were roleblocked. I can't even imagine the odds on that.

Especially considering it would have to have been a 1 card block for me to have been roleblocked, and seeing as I put the action on Jal first, I can't see that making sense.

Though another crap theory could be that scum can block a set of cards.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Scum can block a set of cards when cards are random and they could end up just blocking themselves?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:43 pm

In post 1086, Mehdi2277 wrote:Scum can block a set of cards when cards are random and they could end up just blocking themselves?

What makes you think this is true?
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh nvm I was confused.
Show
Things I've learned.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1086, Mehdi2277 wrote:Scum can block a set of cards when cards are random and they could end up just blocking themselves?

I don't know, as I said it was another crap theory, and I seriously doubt such a power would exis, but if it does scum wouldn't block themselves when they do actually know what cards each of them hold.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

There's also the problem of it blocking the two trackers. While theories are fun without a true purpose they don't lead to much.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

In post 1072, Jake from State Farm wrote:
I am also curious how you got your extra card at night,
but Xis claimed to get an extra card during the start of the day.
It doesn't add up personally.

:?:
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:30 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

~Agent_Ireland and Jal have been prodded~
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:48 pm

In post 1091, Xisiqomelir wrote:

that wasn't you? hmm, who was the one who claimed to get the card to start the day, could have sworn it was you
Show
Things I've learned.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:53 pm

~Searching for a replacement for Agent_Ireland, as per request~
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 1077, guille2015 wrote:
In post 1076, Mehdi2277 wrote: It would seem that Baby got vigged, and I can completely understand why that was. Who ever did that should claim it, if they haven't done so already.

I would definitely not. Usually this gets us a 100% clear Townie, but with roles being random that's not a sure thing. I'd guess whoever did it is Town, though, due to the seemingly obv. ProTown motivation behind it.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I'd rather not since I don't see any gain. If they're about to be lynched then can claim and clear themselves without claiming now and making themselves a kill target. At the same time the knowledge of a vig means the vig kill can be manipulated. Before we actually lynch someone it might be a good idea to do a mock lynch on who the vig should target the coming night essentially making the game have double days.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:54 pm

~MonkeyMan576 replaces Agent_Ireland~
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Hi, monkey. Hope you get to us soon.

TBG, do you really think that the mod would let a Vig possibly be scum. I'd wager that killing would be a passive ability for a townie or possibly serial killer. Scum Vig just seems way too powerful.
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1093, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1091, Xisiqomelir wrote:

that wasn't you? hmm, who was the one who claimed to get the card to start the day, could have sworn it was you

Jal and I have claimed to have cards at the start of the day, presumably from the people that died during the night (since neither were ones Lurker had claimed to have) I would say there are another two people that gained cards at the start of the day as well (based on the probable 2 cards to everyone except two which have 3 distribution, but then the fact that Jal who claimed to not have 2 cards yesterday gained one makes me wonder about it)

If the 2nd kill did come from a card, then it shouldn't be claimed since those are moving between players after they die, we don't want the possibility of a scum vig. (though that would already be possible given how cards were disturbed at the start, still wouldn't get anywhere though). I'm not fussed if someone with a passive killing power wants to claim it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”