Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MoS on Cesspit wrote:Analysis:
Day 1 -
He changed his vote status way too much in the beginning of the game for my tastes. He doesn't have a contributing (defending himself doesn't count) post until his interaction with spamwise late in Day 1. To me it looks like he had about 2 contributing posts all of day 1, while still posting often enough that he seemed to be saying a lot. If he hadn't had so many posts that contributed nothing, I don't think this would be as big a deal.

Notes:
Pressured Bogre/mlaker, who was protown
Pressured spamwise
Yup, fairly weak day one. He voted viper and mlaker/Bogre and cited other people's reasons. Pushes Spamwise/Bogre and lurkers. Gives no reasons other than "they've got tells" and "looks very suss". Weak sauce D1.
MoS on Cesspit wrote:Day 2 -
I really take issue with post 22. First off, you can't just say "I use craplogic all the time early game" and expect that to exonerate you. That's just trying to get an excuse for bad behavior. Also, you barely mentioned bluemonick's actions, went into more detail about BMQ's scumminess, but hopped on the bluemonick wagon in the SAME POST. THEN you turn around attack spamwise for diverting attention from the bluemonick wagon, which I see as an attempt to bring attention back to spamwise and divert attention from the bluemonick wagon.

Notes:
Was on the bluemonick wagon, who was scum
Pressured spamwise
Back on Spamwise, still no reason stated. Hops on bluemonickwagon for no stated reason, finally gives a reason for finsing Spam scummy: "he's avoiding/diverting from bluemonickwagon". Weak D2. I don't flip out on the "craplogic" comment like MoS does, it's relatively innocuous. Seemed to be happy lynching either Spam or bluemonick, I don't see the protection you see, MoS.
MoS on Cesspit wrote:Day 3 -
I see Post 28 (and i did back then as well) as him either telling the truth or claiming it because it was convenient as scum. And he may well have scum info about office moving, which would correllate with his expectation that the office mover would be scum. Then began the series of posts that caught my attention. He jumps on the BJ wagon, criticizing BJ's vote of Harry Potter. Then he changes his vote to Harry Potter, claiming to like BJ's defense (although there was none to speak of), and criticizes HP's vote on BJ. Then he equlizes his position, giving him to opportunity to join either wagon by claiming that he's now suspicious of both of them. When BJ makes the critical "mistake" that was garnering him a lot of votes, he takes the opportunity to hop back over to the wagon, while still saying we should lynch HP, too. He also says he'll respond to my accusations about this on the next day, but he has done nothing to mention it so far on Day 4.

Notes:
Pressured spamwise/mathcam
Votes Spam for protecting his scumbuddy d1/d2 but doesnt say who the d1 scumbuddy was. Switches to BJ saying "not helpful". Weak. Switches over to Harry for bad play, lol. Says BJ is scum for being unhelpful whether or not he's actually scum. BJ really gave no defense so that's a bizarre reason for Cess to unvote him. Switches back to BJ in time for lynch. Says BJ lied about his PM. Says Ibby did a good job bringing BJ to justice. Moderately active D3 with relatively crappy backing (admittedly so did everyone else.) This lynch was BJ's fault so no major negatives to Cess for D3.
MoS on Cesspit wrote:Day 4 -
He hasn't done much yet today. He still needs to defend himself from yesterday's attacks. I'm also interested by the fact that he randomly calls attention to the fact that people (especially himself) were suspicious of mathcam/spamwise back on Day 2 or so, out of the blue. I would be interested to see if MBL can justify that TheCesspit was protecting mathcam, because i'm not really seeing it. If he can convince me otherwise, that would be REALLY inconsistent on TheCesspit's part. And now even though he's been calling for spamwise to be lynched practically all game, he wants to go after Pooky for lurking all of a sudden. That doesn't sit well with me, not at all.

Notes:
Called suspicion on mathcam/spamwise
Suspects Coron, Pooky, LML, Spamcam. No scintillating reasoning. For the most part ignoring today's debates--says they make his head hurt. Says the scum are gliding by, and in fact Cesspit is pretty much gliding. MoS says Cess is abandoning Spamcam who he's been pushing all game, but the push has been on and off and not founded in the least.

Summary: Cesspit's ultra-weak this game. Gives pretty much no reasons for most of the things he does. Yep, he could definitely be scum, or he could be yet another townie not doing crap and looking scummy cause he aint doing crap. Tough to say.

Cesspit, who did you think spamcam was protecting D1? Do you still think that's the case? Can you please give a few suspicions with your own reasoning? MoS is correct that your play has been subpar, and I'm not sure if that means you're scum or not. Who are the scum? And in particular, can you summarize your case against spamcam, who you've come back to all game long?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:55 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

So you admit that you were wrong about Cesspit
protecting
mathcam?
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:39 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

No, I just explained that I saw two different behaviors from Cesspit. I saw him attacking Spamcam weakly over several days, but I also saw him protect cam via diversion from the four players coming after him day three.

Seriously, MoS, if you're going to ask me questions at least take the time to read and understand the responses. It honestly looks more like you're interested in winning arguments than you are in uncovering the truth of what's going on here.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:06 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:No, I just explained that I saw two different behaviors from Cesspit. I saw him attacking Spamcam weakly over several days, but I also saw him protect cam via diversion from the four players coming after him day three.

Seriously, MoS, if you're going to ask me questions at least take the time to read and understand the responses. It honestly looks more like you're interested in winning arguments than you are in uncovering the truth of what's going on here.
If he was protecting cam on Day 3, then why did he bring up the fact that there had been suspicion on cam the previous days? That's a completely illogical conclusion on your part.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:28 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Er, Cess's protection of cam and my observation of such was early D4, not D3.

Cesspit went after Harry Potter and BJ instead of Spamcam on D3 and complimented cam on some good comments:
TheCesspit wrote:Mathcam made a very important point that I was going to make. Role is NOT tied to alignment. People are forgetting that.
D4, Cesspit deflected a growing wagon on mathcam by suggeting Coron was scummier on the BJ issue. Because cam just got BJ lynched... Coron avoided the issue altogether. That logic makes ZERO sense--if you don't like the lynch, the person pushing it is probably scummier than the person lurking.

So yes, Cesspit was protecting mathcam. Quit being obstinate, MoS. It's clear as day.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:36 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Oberon (3): Mastermind of Sin, Fuldu, mathcam
PookyTheMagicalBear (3): Oberon, MrBuddyLee, Yosarian2
Fuldu (3): ibaesha, Save The Dragons, PookyTheMagicalBear
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Uraj45
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom

8 to lynch

There.
Now
it's on the right page.
Success breeds suspicion
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:44 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MoS wrote:Now you're just lying.
I specifically commented on Pooky at your request
, just so we could get past your bullshit stalling and ignoring my case just because I hadn't commented on your diversion.
OK MoS, I assembled your "specific comments" on Pooky:
MoS wrote:this(lurking) is a bit more normal for pooky than BJ, esp. since he's been in China and had off and on access
MoS wrote:I think your argument against Pooky is nothing more than an attempt at diversion. You're using his reputation to try and get him lynched, picking him out of a multitude of lurkers. I know that pooky will come through eventually.
MoS wrote:Actually, I'm not thinking that Pooky is town, but I AM thinking that there isn't nearly strong enough evidence to justify going after him when there are much better candidates to pursue.
So all you've done, MoS, is to say that people are picking on your poor cuddly little friend. You've said nothing whatsoever to address the substance of Pooky's posts.
MoS wrote:Given that I HAVE commented on Pooky, the above quote is completely pointless.
No, my pushing you on this issue isn't pointless, it's critical. Your comments on Pooky have been protective, inadequate, and have avoided the substance of his comments entirely.

MoS, what's your take on:

* Pooky's "Dr. House" post to explain his lurking for three and a half days
* Pooky's claim that he didn't answer ibby's questions because he was waiting for MBL to ask those same questions
* Pooky's reasoning for finding Yos his top suspect
* Pooky's top four suspicions
* The list of three people Pooky finds to be protown

MoS, stop avoiding the Pooky issue. Your complete failure to discuss the substance of Pooky's posts makes you look scummy. Any logical person would wonder what you're avoiding. Your quotes above ALL protect him, but give no reasoning for that protection. So of course I'm going to find you grossly scummy. And of course I'm going to keep pressing you on the issue--it's a fulcrum for finding scum in this game.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:56 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:MoS, you demand that I address your accusations of The Cesspit and yet you refuse to touch Pooky despite being asked to address him specifically several times. I hope you realize how scummy that appears.

Please share with us your take on Pooky.
Actually, if you had actually read my posts, I've already explained that I think your argument against Pooky is nothing more than an attempt at diversion. You're using his reputation to try and get him lynched, picking him out of a multitude of lurkers. I know that pooky will come through eventually. The fact that he's not posting much only makes him slightly scummier than everyone who is posting, so he's right in line with the rest of the lurkers that you failed to call out. I certainly don't intend to give him leeway for too many more days, but right now I have a lot scummier people to deal with, such as your scumbuddy, TheCesspit.

Ball's in your court, MBL.
Way to misquote me and edit out half my comment on Pooky.

The difference here, MBL, is that you are blaming me for not immediately responding to things that are happening currently with Pooky, whereas I have been waiting for DAYS for you to comment on TheCesspit, which you have been avoiding. I'm sorry if I can't comment on everything going on right when it happens, especially when I have to deal with responding to posts directed specifically AT me. You have no excuse for avoiding the Cesspit issue for days on end. THAT is the difference. If you find people scummy just because they don't have the time to comment on every little thing that happens WHEN it happens, then you have problems, my friend.

I doubt you'll be seeing another post from me in this thread until Tuesday, since I have a Midterm tomorrow that I need to study for, among other things. At the very least, I won't have time to do a thorough analysis of Pooky's recent posts, so I won't cheapen it by making a half-assed one.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:50 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MoS, Pooky resurfaced 2 1/2 weeks ago, made the notorious "Dr. House" post, then disappeared for two weeks.

I've been asking people including you to comment on that post, and you've ignored it. So please don't try and pretend you've been responsive on the Pooky issue when you've actually been dragging your feet for whatever reason.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:52 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

It is a moot point.

Here's the play by play.

STD sees MoS defend Pooky.
STD recalls MoS has defend Pooky before in previous game without taking into consideration Pooky's alignment.
STD decides to see how MoS will behave when he FOS: Pooky.
STD has no idea what will happen and wants to analyze what does happen to see if he can better determine MoS's alignment, because he has hypothoses about how MoS will react if town or scum.
MoS misses statement entirely.
STD wonders about what could have happened, but does not find MoS suspicious in any way because of this incident.
STD backs down because no data was recieved.
STD should have explained himself more clearly.
Save The Dragons wrote:MoS said nothing, which makes me wonder.
Yeah, that's not clear at all. I meant to say something to the affect of, "MoS said nothing, which makes me wonder what I could have learned had he said something during that time, i.e. 'POOKS CAN'T BE LYNCHED DIE SCUM DIE.'"

I had reason to believe you'd play with the ball no matter how deflated it was, however.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:06 pm

Post by Coron »

Son of a ...
I'm an idiot.
You'd think I'd have learned the first time that closing out of opera while I'm in the middle of a post is a BAD idea... *sigh*
UNVOTE

overview of who's scummy and who's not.
Scummy: Oberon, mathcam, Uraj, armlx
Middle: Spectrumvoid, fuldu, MMoD, MBL, Yos
Not: Ibby, pooky, Coron, STD, H_P, MoS

I had a little reasoning for the people I put as scummy before, I'll try to remember.

Mathcam- recently has faded to the background, has keep posting but nothing of consequence for almost as long as I have been not posting.
Oberon- fairly reasonable early, later actions are suspicious.
Uraj- I don't remember exactly
Armlx- bigger lurker than me, only contribution was to say something that was later proven just wrong.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:24 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Fuldu day one moves his vote to ibby for laziness, not a terrible reason early in the game.

Apologizes for his absence: wedding

Finds cesspit suspicious for voting DGB after she begged replacement. I see dumb not scum but yes, the Cess play is suspect.

summary: no real comment on validity of Bogretownwagon

Day two: Apologies for a weekend away

Lordy and Kurtz are stupid. No vote yet.

finds bluemonick's "jump to that bandwagon" on Yosarian scummy. (not stupid, scummy.) Says the reasoning is nonsense. Votes bluemonick for nonsense. Curious.

mild handslap of spectrumvoid for reasonless vote.

summary: found stupidity in bluemonick scummy but not in lordy or kurtz.

Day three: disappears for 3 weeks

Apology for absense w/ excuse: "i was waiting for cam the replacement to speak first!" Must reread to see if Spam was so central that he should be waited on there.

(clinical comment on the bluemonick 'scumpartner outing', no real analysis)

Softpedals his post on yos to reiterate there was no vote associated.
Fuldu wrote:If trying to get people to not vote for you wasn't the goal of the claim, then what purpose did claiming serve?
Fuldu wrote:Fine, BJ. I gave you two opportunities to answer my question and you've ducked it without comment both times.

vote: BabyJesus
Hmm, is not answering that question really a serious enough offense to vote BJ? I lean towards yes--BJ looked like he was avoiding issues at the time.

summary: his words never really seem to imply belief that BJ is scummy, just that BJ is making a nonsensical defense. vote stayed to the end though.

day four: is in office-thinkin mode at the start of the day.

Day 4's 6 days old and votes MBL for being a hypocrite (lurkerish d1-3 now calling out lurkers)
Fuldu wrote:I'm increasingly convinced that he's scum.
It's curious--this is only the second time Fuldu's actually stated he's found someone scummy. The rest of his mildest of mild suspicions have been very detached and clinical, other than on bluemonick.

Drops hints that he's happy with MoS's cesspit case and is willing to move.
I'm assuming "may consider shifting my vote" means "if that becomes a safer wagon"? What else could it mean? In case this BuddyLee hypocrisy trend doesn't pan out?

Claims that the quality of his posts dramatically exceeds MBL's. Uses his argument against bluemonick as his primary defense. It's true--that's the only Fuldu post that moved the game forward in a positive direction. The rest of them have diddled around with office logic, not expressed many of his suspicions, and pointed out minor flaws in people's logic but not their scumminess.

Spends a few posts diddling around with an armlx theory.

Then digs up a decent observation on MBL--noted I posted in mild support of Bogre hours before he was hammered, and didnt unvote. This shows that Fuldu actually went back and reread my post history carefully, implying I was his #1 target for lynch. As I try to determine Fuldu's alignment, I ask whether he's going back and looking for dirt with a fine-toothed comb as scum or as town. I haven't played with Fuldu enough to say.
Fuldu wrote:you'll notice a marked difference in the quality of MBL posts from before my vote/post to which he's referring and those after...not that this was the primary intent of the post, my targeted attempt to improve the value of discourse from those I consider suspicious has proven substantially more effective than any of MBL's repeated listing of people he thinks are lurking.
For some reason attempts to detract from any pro-town motives in my September posts and reassign the credit to himself.

Remember above when Fuldu gave signs that if the Cess wagon kicked into gear he'd move back onto it? Let's look at the actual quotes side-by-side:
Fuldu wrote:I agree with MoS's comments on
TheCesspit, who I was uncomfortable with back on Day One, but subsequently began to trust again
. I may consider shifting my vote over there, but for now would prefer this.
Fuldu wrote:
Well, I was in favor of a Cesspit lynch back on day one
, so if the MBL bandwagon isn't going anywhere, I'll gladly change to Cesspit.
vote: Cess
1) It's day four. Your day one reason was way weak, particularly now that there're four days worth of posts to work with. Why even make an attempt to rationalize your vote
twice
by reiterating that it's a weak suspicion you dabbled with day one?
2) How sincere were his suspicions of me if he moved his vote? He was "increasingly convinced MBL is scum" cause I was hypocritical. Moving off because a "better wagon" appeared is curious.

Apparently my accusation that he was looking for a convenient lynch stuck, because he counterargued that I listed a zillion people as suspicious. He didn't attempt to defend his vote at all.

Disappears for a week waiting for Oberon to post. This is the second time he's seemed happy not to rock the boat until a replacement had a chance to dig themselves a hole. I'd have maybe asked someone else a question in that time, but that's not how Fuldu's playing this game. He's all about The Cesspit/Oberon. Takes a cheap nonsequitur shot at MBL while asking Oberon for a clearer argument behind his mathcam vote. Fuldu won't unvote unless Oberon:
Fuldu wrote:points to the specific arguments brought against him(mathcam) that you felt were strong
This is fascinating, considering the similarity between Fuldu's argument against Cess and Oberon's against cam:
Oberon wrote:Mathcam seems to stand out as more scummy then most everyone else here. Plus
the strongest arguements have been brought up against him.
Fuldu wrote:
I agree with MoS's comments on TheCesspit
, who I was uncomfortable with back on Day One
Summary: Fuldu demands Oberon lists the specific arguments against cam that were strong, while Fuldu coasts along in MoS's wake without listing a single specific argument against Cesspit that he finds strong.

His actions on the whole feel more like posturing than scumhunting.

FOS: Fuldu
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:59 am

Post by mathcam »

Hm, we lost some posts, methinks. Hopefully this isn't a death-knell from this already inexplicably lurker-infested game.
Unvote, Vote: Fuldu.
Let's get this game to night.

Cam
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:50 pm

Fuck, I'm not going through those arguments again. Anyone who was actually reading the game already knows that I was ready to
unvote, vote: MBL
. I'll leave it at that.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Shit, I lost my long PBPA from page 43 onwards. I can't remember much, but I did remember thinking MBL wasn't scummy.
Blank.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:16 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

supposedly we're getting another revert, may want to hold off on long posts til then but i dunno
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Post by Fuldu »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Finds cesspit suspicious for voting DGB after she begged replacement. I see dumb not scum but yes, the Cess play is suspect.
If you want to frame it that way, this was what I would consider a poorly thought out rationale for a vote. Yes, it could arguably be dumb, but it could also arguably be an attempt to put together a compelling sounding reason for a bandwagon, which would be scummy. I'll return to this topic later.
summary: no real comment on validity of Bogretownwagon
I believe I've said this to you already, but I don't feel the need to comment on everything that's going on. I barely remember the Bogre wagon at this point, but I can't see anything in the thread to suggest that I would have had strong feelings one way or the other about it. Given that, I don't really know what you would have wanted me to say.
Lordy and Kurtz are stupid. No vote yet.

finds bluemonick's "jump to that bandwagon" on Yosarian scummy. (not stupid, scummy.) Says the reasoning is nonsense. Votes bluemonick for nonsense. Curious.

summary: found stupidity in bluemonick scummy but not in lordy or kurtz.
And I don't find this curious at all. As with Cesspit, bluemonick was voting on the basis of poor reasoning. More than that, he latched onto BMQ's bad reasoning trap, and then extended the poor reasoning by relying on matters of experience to which BMQ is entitled, but to which he wasn't. Criminally poor reasoning, and well worth a bandwagon, in my opinion.

Lordy, on the other hand, behaved stupidly, but not in a way that I view as having the goal of getting someone lynched.

Kurtz is a somewhat fairer comparison to make, but I feel that the mistake he made, his reading of lordy's non-claim, is a reasonable one. The comments lordy made were poorly worded, and could appear to be a claim. As such, I'm willing to give Kurtz the benefit of the doubt there.
Day three: disappears for 3 weeks

Apology for absense w/ excuse: "i was waiting for cam the replacement to speak first!" Must reread to see if Spam was so central that he should be waited on there.
I believe Spamwise was the main topic of discussion at that point. Also, more than half of that 3 weeks was the end of Day 2, when I didn't feel any strong needs to reiterate my argument about bluemonick, and Night 3.
Fuldu wrote:If trying to get people to not vote for you wasn't the goal of the claim, then what purpose did claiming serve?
Fuldu wrote:Fine, BJ. I gave you two opportunities to answer my question and you've ducked it without comment both times.

vote: BabyJesus
Hmm, is not answering that question really a serious enough offense to vote BJ? I lean towards yes--BJ looked like he was avoiding issues at the time.

summary: his words never really seem to imply belief that BJ is scummy, just that BJ is making a nonsensical defense. vote stayed to the end though.
How is it that you still don't get that beyond Day One for me the very existence of a vote on someone almost always implies belief that they are scummy? I try to take a measured approach in my voting decisions. Other people have different styles, but I can't see how that difference makes my way look scummy.
Day 4's 6 days old and votes MBL for being a hypocrite (lurkerish d1-3 now calling out lurkers)
Fuldu wrote:because MrBuddyLee has spent the entire game complaining about lurkers, player apathy, and the incoherence of everyone else's arguments without bothering to offer any real substance of his own
For me, the key words there were "without bothering to offer any real substance." You can condense that to "lurkerish" if you want, but "hypocrite" wasn't so much the problem I was trying to get across as was the notion that you had been skating through the game to that point on the
appearance
of contribution. Talking a lot about how no one else is participating and how bad that is for the town is a lot more pro-town-seeming than would be plain lurking, but it's only slightly more genuinely pro-town, which makes it an excellent approach for scum to take.
Fuldu wrote:I'm increasingly convinced that he's scum.
It's curious--this is only the second time Fuldu's actually stated he's found someone scummy. The rest of his mildest of mild suspicions have been very detached and clinical, other than on bluemonick.
Well, yeah. They seemed like stronger arguments to me and so I was willing to make them a little louder than I would otherwise. And, again, just because I don't use the word scum, doesn't mean I don't think the person is scum.
Drops hints that he's happy with MoS's cesspit case and is willing to move.
I'm assuming "may consider shifting my vote" means "if that becomes a safer wagon"? What else could it mean? In case this BuddyLee hypocrisy trend doesn't pan out?
"Safer" wagon? No, but there's always the possibility that no one's going to agree with me, at which point I'd rather put my vote on Cesspit and contribute to a lynch that isn't my preferred one, but of which I approve, than leave it somewhere where it isn't having any effect.
Claims that the quality of his posts dramatically exceeds MBL's. Uses his argument against bluemonick as his primary defense. It's true--that's the only Fuldu post that moved the game forward in a positive direction. The rest of them have diddled around with office logic, not expressed many of his suspicions, and pointed out minor flaws in people's logic but not their scumminess.
What do you want from me, exactly? I feel that my Cesspit argument Day One contributed to the discussion. And while you may feel that it is of minimal relevance now (see below), it was a genuine contribution at the time it was posted.

Similarly, I think my arguments with BabyJesus were a positive contribution. I was wrong, but I don't think I was unreasonable in suggesting that BabyJesus's behavior was inconsistent and merited an explanation.

And, maybe you don't see it, but I consider the pointing out of minor flaws in people's logic to potentially be of value to the general discussion. Not as much as the aforementioned points, but of value. Small misunderstandings like that can quickly turn into large misunderstandings like the one exemplified by the lordy/Kurtz exchange. Trying to make sure everyone is on the same page helps to defuse those situations.
Then digs up a decent observation on MBL--noted I posted in mild support of Bogre hours before he was hammered, and didnt unvote. This shows that Fuldu actually went back and reread my post history carefully, implying I was his #1 target for lynch. As I try to determine Fuldu's alignment, I ask whether he's going back and looking for dirt with a fine-toothed comb as scum or as town. I haven't played with Fuldu enough to say.
I can't recall which of those two situations it was in this case. It's certainly true that you were my #1 target for lynch, though I would use the word "preference" rather than "target". I was/am suspicious of you and had expressed that already. I'm sure I reread everything you'd posted at or around that timeframe, looking for suspicious behavior. But at some point back there I went through and reread the entire thread, as well. But I'm not going to suggest that I'm completely able to set aside my existing preconceptions about players when doing that sort of reread.
Fuldu wrote:you'll notice a marked difference in the quality of MBL posts from before my vote/post to which he's referring and those after...not that this was the primary intent of the post, my targeted attempt to improve the value of discourse from those I consider suspicious has proven substantially more effective than any of MBL's repeated listing of people he thinks are lurking.
For some reason attempts to detract from any pro-town motives in my September posts and reassign the credit to himself.
Well, I haven't considered the subsequent material to be exactly overflowing with pro-town motives. But this was said in response to describing my argument against you as "hypocrite," which I've already said isn't an accurate depiction.
Remember above when Fuldu gave signs that if the Cess wagon kicked into gear he'd move back onto it? Let's look at the actual quotes side-by-side:
Fuldu wrote:I agree with MoS's comments on
TheCesspit, who I was uncomfortable with back on Day One, but subsequently began to trust again
. I may consider shifting my vote over there, but for now would prefer this.
Fuldu wrote:
Well, I was in favor of a Cesspit lynch back on day one
, so if the MBL bandwagon isn't going anywhere, I'll gladly change to Cesspit.
vote: Cess
1) It's day four. Your day one reason was way weak, particularly now that there're four days worth of posts to work with. Why even make an attempt to rationalize your vote
twice
by reiterating that it's a weak suspicion you dabbled with day one?
You think it's weak. I felt it was a reasonable argument that, by Day Four, was insufficient on its own, but in conjunction with MoS's concerns was worth pursuing.
2) How sincere were his suspicions of me if he moved his vote? He was "increasingly convinced MBL is scum" cause I was hypocritical. Moving off because a "better wagon" appeared is curious.
I guess the important distinction is between "better vote" and "better wagon." As I said above, you were still my preferred target. No one else really seemed to agree with me and I didn't have anything new to say. I could have repeated my arguments in the hopes that maybe no one had been paying attention previously, and perhaps I should have. I don't like to rant about "Why isn't anyone listening to me" unless I really, really think things are taking a bad turn. But as things were, there were a couple bandwagons with the potential to go somewhere, one of which I felt was a good idea, and the others I didn't (or had no strong feelings). Given that, Cesspit was a better wagon, and I don't feel that reasoning is scummy.
Apparently my accusation that he was looking for a convenient lynch stuck, because he counterargued that I listed a zillion people as suspicious. He didn't attempt to defend his vote at all.
The above is my defense of the vote, and I felt I had made it clear in the two Cesspit bandwagon quotes you've included above. And, again, I feel that the Day One argument I made was a stronger argument than you do, so you can disagree with it as a defense of my vote, but you can't say I hadn't attempted to defend it.
Disappears for a week waiting for Oberon to post. This is the second time he's seemed happy not to rock the boat until a replacement had a chance to dig themselves a hole. I'd have maybe asked someone else a question in that time, but that's not how Fuldu's playing this game. He's all about The Cesspit/Oberon.
Well, now you're just being snide. I've talked about a focused approach a couple of times now, and I don't expect to change your view on it, but I don't care to jump up and down just to keep you happy.
Takes a cheap nonsequitur shot at MBL while asking Oberon for a clearer argument behind his mathcam vote. Fuldu won't unvote unless Oberon:
Fuldu wrote:points to the specific arguments brought against him(mathcam) that you felt were strong
This is fascinating, considering the similarity between Fuldu's argument against Cess and Oberon's against cam:
Oberon wrote:Mathcam seems to stand out as more scummy then most everyone else here. Plus
the strongest arguements have been brought up against him.
Fuldu wrote:
I agree with MoS's comments on TheCesspit
, who I was uncomfortable with back on Day One
Summary: Fuldu demands Oberon lists the specific arguments against cam that were strong, while Fuldu coasts along in MoS's wake without listing a single specific argument against Cesspit that he finds strong.
I can't speak to the cheap non sequitur, since it doesn't appear to be up any longer. My recollection of the post about Oberon was that it was complaining more precisely about the fact that he had replaced into the game and said, "yeah, the arguments against mathcam are strong." Without even any credible evidence that he read the thread any more clearly than would be necessary to find a target, I don't intend to remove my vote.

The comparison you make to me and my Cesspit/Oberon vote isn't entirely fair, but it isn't entirely unfair either. As I've said, I think the arguments I was pointing to are things that you either didn't recognize or don't respect as arguments, but I certainly did take what MoS had said into consideration without commenting on it.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:41 pm

Post by Yaw »

Unfortunately, from what's been stated elsewhere there's no indication we're getting those posts back. We'll just have to continue from what we have. So the last vote count is on this page. I will prod anyone who hasn't posted post-crash in two days.

Just assume someone accidentally set off an ACME(TM) Time Machine. :P
Success breeds suspicion
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Sticking with Fuldu for now, IGMEOY: Mathcam.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:36 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Still liking my Fuldu vote.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:10 am

Post by ibaesha »

Hello?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:04 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ah, forgot about this game after the crash.

I do remember that, in a deleated post, I did a
unvote:pooky
vote:oberon
; Pooky was starting to look a bit more pro-town to me, so I moved my vote back to the cesspit's replacement.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Yosa is so scum.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:48 pm

By the way, just thought I'd note, I DID do an analysis of Pooky before the crash that explained why I didn't think he was the best lynch candidate for today, and of course MBL disagreed with it. Just pointing it out because I'm not gonna go through all this again. It took me way to long the first time.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:21 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm cool with that, it would be healthy to get on a new tack here. I still think several people (armlx?) owe us their opinions on pretty much everyone else.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”