Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:58 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote: If the RB roleblocks the wrong one, we know who scum is, which is a pretty large advantage. Yes, we lose the Cop, but we also learn the Cop's sanity and thus know to what extent we can trust his results.

Reviving the RB is a win/win more situation. If he picks the wrong guy, we know who scum is and can RB him, finding more townies on the back of normal play. If he picks the right guy, we still have the Cop running around.
All else being equal, I think a doc would actually be slightly stronger at the moment. Then, worst case scenerio, if there is a scum alive, we'd lose the doc in exchange for another cop investigation and the knowledge that there was a scum alive; whereas with a roleblocker either nothing would happen, and we wouldn't know if that meant anything or not, or the cop would die and we would clear one living person in exchange for that.

That being said, we have more reason to trust themanhimself/shamrock at the moment then twito.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:10 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

Zindaras wrote:
al_kohaulec wrote:Now under this assumption, we revive the RB and there's a 50% chance that you die. We may know who scum is, but that won't do us a lot of good if we can't lynch him. If we revived the doc, then even if the doc would die first, we will know for sure that scum is alive, and we won't be risking your life w/o knowing if we have scum or not.

The RB isn't any more permament in the sense that he can die, just like the cop can. He would have to block the correct player, assuming we have scum, and also if he fails, there's a greater chance that you would die, rather than the player (RB or doc) who's trying to help protect you.
If the RB roleblocks the wrong one, we know who scum is, which is a pretty large advantage. Yes, we lose the Cop, but we also learn the Cop's sanity and thus know to what extent we can trust his results.

Reviving the RB is a win/win more situation. If he picks the wrong guy, we know who scum is and can RB him, finding more townies on the back of normal play. If he picks the right guy, we still have the Cop running around.

We really shouldn't focus on the Cop as be all and end all. We should have faith in our own town-catching abilities.
We do need to focus on our town-catching abilities, and we're still working on that, but I still don't see how this makes it universally better than the doc. If the doc dies, we know the existence of a mafiate still, although not necessarily which one. It will keep the cop alive for one more day, and possibly longer if we can get the RB to block the right person (assuming we revive him next).

As for sanity, that depends on wether or not your sanity is revealed on death, not all games do that. However this game probably would, but if the mafia knew something was up with your sanity, I doubt they'd kill you for it.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:24 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yes, the doc has its advantages. However, the doc is only temporary. He can't take away the threat of the Mafia forever. Ergo, the Roleblocker is, on the long term, more powerful than the Doc.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:54 am

Post by M4yhem »

At this stage in would be really nice to hear from the man himself, i.e. Sherlock. But since he’s nonresponsive, let’s talk amongst ourselves some more.

It seems to me like this is a two horse race today. It would be a bit mad to ignore both power roles and revive some unclaimed/vanilla guy instead. So the question becomes, Sherlock or Twito?

Twito- Would you mind answering some questions, please?
Who do you trust the most at the moment?
Which three players are most likely scum, and for what reason?
Who would you vote to revive tomorrow?
Which do you think is the most useful role; doc or roleblocker?
How about giving us your thoughts on everyone in the game?

Chaotic- I think you were trying to think of a way to prevent the cop from being revived altogether, and the stalling was just to give you thinking time. That quote don’t mean a thing; the point is you made little effort to work out if Zindaras was lying; you made no arguments against him, you asked him no questions. As for the sanity issue, how exactly were you planning to work out his sanity without reviving him? I still don’t buy it.

As for the Sherlock-should-make-his-own-arguments thing; wow, you actually have a point there. The problem is that waiting is really boring, and so I fill the time by speculating.

Al_Kohaulec- Who’s whiny? If you accuse me of something, I expect you to be able to back it up, that’s all. I might as well accuse you of being Godfather; I’ve as much proof as you do.
And yes, we can win without reviving me. But I happen to know my own alignment, so naturally I’d rather revive a known pro-towner than someone who I cannot be sure of.
Plus, I’m awesome.

Does anyone agree that a sane cop might be a good way to balance the town’s lack of lynch and nightkill information?

Sherlock’s behavior doesn’t really suggest anything either way to me. He hasn’t done anything I remember as scummy, but he hasn’t exactly been super pro-town either.

If the cop were to die, we could actually clear two people; whoever the blocker blocked, and the roleblocker themselves. Then we just have the roleblocker block the bad guy forever, and use our wits to work out who the scumbuddies are. Sounds like a winning situation to me. I suggest that if Sherlock is revived, he gives us the name of the person he plans to block, so that the information doesn’t die with him in the event of his death.
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:57 am

Post by al_kohaulec »

M4yhem wrote:At this stage in would be really nice to hear from the man himself, i.e. Sherlock. But since he’s nonresponsive, let’s talk amongst ourselves some more.

It seems to me like this is a two horse race today. It would be a bit mad to ignore both power roles and revive some unclaimed/vanilla guy instead. So the question becomes, Sherlock or Twito?
Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
M4yhem wrote:Plus, I’m awesome.
LAL
M4yhem wrote:If the cop were to die, we could actually clear two people; whoever the blocker blocked, and the roleblocker themselves. Then we just have the roleblocker block the bad guy forever, and use our wits to work out who the scumbuddies are. Sounds like a winning situation to me. I suggest that if Sherlock is revived, he gives us the name of the person he plans to block, so that the information doesn’t die with him in the event of his death.
This would be a good way to clear two people, and confirm the third as scum. But everybody is assuming that:
a.) The cop will be killed
b.) There is one scum alive
c.) The RB will choose the wrong person to block

If it works out, then that's good, but there's so many variables, and I see many other possibilities occuring.

And I would like to hear from Twito and Sherlock, as they are the two up for revival, their thoughts on what they think is the best play for today and tomorrow in regards to who to revive, why, and how they think we should be setting up our nights.
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:46 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

m4yhem wrote:Chaotic- I think you were trying to think of a way to prevent the cop from being revived altogether, and the stalling was just to give you thinking time. That quote don’t mean a thing; the point is you made little effort to work out if Zindaras was lying; you made no arguments against him, you asked him no questions. As for the sanity issue, how exactly were you planning to work out his sanity without reviving him? I still don’t buy it.

You accuse me of stalling for other purposes, I want you to back it up. "I think" doesn't prove anything.

Is this right? The quote means nothing? Want to provide reasons for that? My point was that you failed to be attentive and asked questions that were already answered. Don't go onto a different point.

I
stated
that I believed his claim, but I demanded to know if he knew of any limitations to his role. You're theory is a bunch of crap since there's no point in making an argument against someone who you believe to be cop. In addition, you can obtain information in more than one way. Why do I have to ask a question? Isn't demanding it good enough? IMO, if you asked for the same information, then wouldn't that mean I demanded for meaningful information?

IMO, if we have a sanity issue, there will be another cop. We can have that cop fix the situation. If you want a direct approach, then I'd say we test his sanity by making him investigate a possible person who may be confirmed in the future. However, I don't like directing the cop and there are plenty of other variables to mess things up.
m4yhem wrote:As for the Sherlock-should-make-his-own-arguments thing; wow, you actually have a point there. The problem is that waiting is really boring, and so I fill the time by speculating.
That's a crappy way to refute my point. If you think it's a good point, don't try to cover it up with BS.
m4yhem wrote:At this stage in would be really nice to hear from the man himself, i.e. Sherlock. But since he’s nonresponsive, let’s talk amongst ourselves some more.
WOW. I've been stating that for what? The entire freakin day?!

Why are some people convinced that scum will be able to kill tonight? They are given a randomly generated number, so balance issues don't play into it. It's completely random.
Aside from that, I think reviving either the RB or the doc is just taking a gamble. The doc revival forces scum to kill the doc, revealing their presence. However, we lose the doc, a powerful role.
The RB revival can possibly locate and prevent a scum. It actually tells us who is scum if the RB is succesful. However, it's a gamble and we don't know if he blocked right if we don't have a prior scum kill. No NK doesn't mean anything since scum could still be on delay or that we don't even know if scum is alive yet.

So reviving the doc is more 'generalized' and 'insured' while the RB is more 'specific' and 'chance.'
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:49 am

Post by Tamuz »

The doctor could be insane, just putting that idea out for ya'll. And alot of this discussion hinges on whether CDB will give us the heads up if there is a save during the night, but then nobody believes that the night flavour would respond to a roleblock at night. Alot of this speculation is all on variables out of our control.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

mod:could you prod sherlock/themanhimself, please?

We're basically just waiting for him to post now, I think. If he's not going to post, then we need to replace him before we go to night; it would stink to revive a roleblocker and then have him forget to send in a night choice.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by Tamuz »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Sherlock has been prodded.
:(
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmmm...ok. Well, if he dosn't post in a few days, we're probably going to need to have him replaced.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:10 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

The clauses of Sherlock's prod dictate that if he has not posted by this afternoon he will be replaced.
#greenshirtthursdays
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:30 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

w00t!
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:57 pm

Post by Zindaras »

*twiddles his thumbs patiently*
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:50 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Ugh, win = erased :(
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:35 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

Vote: alko
for revival.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:53 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Let's not revive Sherlock this time. >.>
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:17 am

Post by Twito »

Tamuz wrote:Ugh, win = erased :(
You mean your claiming scum?
And Sherlock is your partner?

Just in case I'm voting Sherlock
Unvote

Vote: Twito

Or Karma or whatever.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:17 am

Post by Sefer »

Somehow I think our win still stands even though the messages were erased :P
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:19 am

Post by Twito »

Sefer wrote:Somehow I think our win still stands even though the messages were erased :P
Yeah probably.
But I didn't make it on comp day before crash so would someone mind telling what happened.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:22 am

Post by Zindaras »

We revived Sefer, he turned out to be scum and I turned out to be Insane regarding people in Limbo.

Kinda annoying.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:39 am

Post by Twito »

Ok so that's it then. Congrats scum you played good.
Show

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2007 5:57 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza