Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 843, UberNinja wrote:
In post 837, Lord Mhork wrote:PEdit:
What associative tells have you found between us?

Really? If you thought it was "so obvious" and you "linked yourselves together that badly", you're asking me to tell you what associative tells I found?

LOL

You just scum slipped, motherfucker

This as well. I meant between Jake and Jal and between Jake and myself. I already know what you think links Jal and me. >.<

So you just hunt scum slips?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

@Mod, are you aware that someone (Robert2424) is still in this game when he hasn't posted for over 2 weeks?

Anyway since I've finished reading the game now and we're still in twilight, I'll announce my reads and the few interesting posts now. (I assume I still have at least 4 hours until the mod comes online (off his posting history times, so I think they'll be done in time. If not they'll be here first thing day 2.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:18 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 512, UberNinja wrote:Oohhhh a Jal wagon.

How can I resist?

Vote: Jal

I believe this is the start of UN's Jal suspicion, and it's just continued on to be a downright tunnel. I can't see why town would want to be doing this, and continuing on after we've had scum (lurker had better actually be scum, because otherwise argh!) makes even less sense.

In post 571, TehBrawlGuy wrote:(I missed this) EBWoP:
In post 568, Agent_Ireland wrote:I'm busy for the next couple of days.
My opinions on everyone hasn't really changed. Anything I could say has already been said.

Stop doing that. You're either coasting Scum or unhelpful Town, and it's AntiTown play either way. I don't care how busy you are, you haven't posted
one
scum read all game even though it takes all of 20 seconds to go: "The players I think are scummiest are X, Y, and Z. I'll explain later."

Saying you'll explain later is the exact same thing, and in my opinion actually a worse version of those two options. Though the lack of any scum reads does make it true what you've said, but I still hate those that say they'll explain later and not straight away.

In post 635, Mehdi2277 wrote:I'm actually not against chaining lynches as long as the idea is based on one scum flip being true (if you're going to say if he flips town the other will flip scum that's just an easy way to get two mislynches, but if requires a scum flip either you're bussing or know it won't work so it's not as scummy). Anyways another problem with it is why vote me when SC is easier to lynch if she truly believes that.

How does that bit in brackets work, it's not as scummy because you know it won't work? The only people that know if it would work or not are the scum, that's why chaining lynches is something scum do.
My one scum game I've had, I did this style of chain lynching (if he flips scum I'm going after you next (at my partner). I don't think I've done that as town yet, though I have called "one of these is likely scum" as town, so based on my own experience, it's the other way.

Anyway current reads this game which will be improved on as we play tomorrow.
Town (s-w) Jal, Mhork, Xis, Baby Spice, Jake.
Scum (s-w) Lurker, UN, Medhi, TBG

Need more recent content, but otherwise probable town: numberQ, Robert, Agent_ireland.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:24 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Well if I say lynch cheery and if he flips scum lynch jal if I'm scum then either I know flip you town and what I said was pointless or your my scum buddy and bussing is nice for the town + by itself it isn't going to be enough to propel a lynch.

Anyways it's more theory and in practice it mostly depends what I think of the player already.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I've done both although I do lean more on if this one is scum then this one I think.

And you're going to have to explain to me how jal is your strongest town read and robert is probably town. Plus why numberQ and agent_ireland are town.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:09 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 878, Mehdi2277 wrote:Well if I say lynch cheery and if he flips scum lynch jal if I'm scum then either I know flip you town and what I said was pointless or your my scum buddy and bussing is nice for the town + by itself it isn't going to be enough to propel a lynch.

Anyways it's more theory and in practice it mostly depends what I think of the player already.

and if you're town, you don't know how it would happen.

Jal is strongest town because of this post (there's no point in saying something about differencing amount of cards you have if it was towards a scum buddy, scum has probably already discovered what each other have anyway), and the way in which Uber (my biggest scumread besides the claimed scum) is tunnelling her.
In post 342, Jal wrote:*How* Lurker claimed was pretty townie. It also looks like he looked at his pm and to read his role before posting. The only thing that caught my eye about it was that he has 2 cards. I have a different amount. Do we all not start off with the same amount of properties?

Robert is town because I can't see him being scum with Lurker and I'm pretty sure Lurker is scum claiming scum.
NumberQ and Agent_Ireland are their usual lurking selves, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, I do need more recent content on all three to be able to cement any reads though.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Yeah but theorizing on something isn't bad. That and it's really just stating an association. If two people seem linked in alignment to correspond and I see one flip scum then pushing the other just fits.

Currently I'm really mainly curious on numberq. Lurking I'd consider a null tell.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:05 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

[quote="In post 877, Cheery Dog"

In post 571, TehBrawlGuy wrote:(I missed this) EBWoP:
In post 568, Agent_Ireland wrote:I'm busy for the next couple of days.
My opinions on everyone hasn't really changed. Anything I could say has already been said.

Stop doing that. You're either coasting Scum or unhelpful Town, and it's AntiTown play either way. I don't care how busy you are, you haven't posted
one
scum read all game even though it takes all of 20 seconds to go: "The players I think are scummiest are X, Y, and Z. I'll explain later."

Saying you'll explain later is the exact same thing, and in my opinion actually a worse version of those two options. Though the lack of any scum reads does make it true what you've said, but I still hate those that say they'll explain later and not straight away.
[/quote]
Just saying "I'll post something later." is, but giving a few reads is better than nothing, and it helps clarify when used with a very small amount of content. Just saying "I think X, Y, and Z are scummiest" without telling us you're too busy to go into detail on it isn't terribly helpful.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:54 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Ubes I would much rather lynch Lurker today, and will hop him after I see whether more people have received +/- votes lately. If you're interested in pushing Jal you'll need something more substantial.

@Mod
: Votecount please.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Haha I missed a whole page 35 somehow.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Current Vote Count 1.12

:right:
Lurker - 7 (Lord Mhork, numberQ, Agent_Ireland, TehBrawlGuy, UberNinja, Mehdi2277, Baby Spice) (LYNCHED)

Jal - 3 (Robert2424, Robert2424, Lurker) (L-4)
Cheery Dog - 1 (Xisiqomelir) (L-6)

Not Voting: Jal

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
A LYNCH HAS OCCURED. STAND BY FOR LYNCH SCENE
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 am

You were wondering what to do. Many of the group kept getting up to grab snacks from the kitchen. Those of you that stayed put were trying to figure out what was going on while still playing. Finally, you think you understood something. Lurker must be behind the killing of the host. He didn't deny it either. So you decided to get rid of him. And the only way you knew how to do that was to make him declare bankruptcy.

Lurker - Mafia Goon
has been Lynched Day 1

It is now Night 1. All actions are due in
(expired on 2013-01-08 12:35:00)

~Searching for a replacement for Robert2424. Deadline may be extended due to this~
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 am

You had some fun in the kitchen. You had decided to take a break from the kitchen and get some food to snack on until it was time to get back to the game. After you had some soda and chips, you head back to the table to continue your game.
Everyone came back to the table, at least you thought so. You look around and notice some people missing. Where were BabySpice and UberNinja? A quick frantic search of the house found them both outside in the bushes, both dead. One with a bullet hole in his head and the other with his neck sliced open. What happened?

UberNinja - Vanilla Townie
Had his neck sliced open Night 1

Baby Spice - Vanilla Townie
was shot in the head Night 1

It is now Day 2. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-01-29 15:35:00)
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 am

~SafetyDance replaces Robert2424~
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:58 am

Post by Jal »

Okay. Both players look like they could have been killed for being scum by some Vig or SK. Going to say Baby Spice was killed by someone thinking she was scum and UberNinja was the defacto scum kill.

I'm thinking Uber was killed by someone who probably has played with him before. Once he gets his head out of his ass he actually can catch scum.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:28 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Hi all, I'm still reading through all the posts from day 1 and I'm about a third of the way through but it's slow going so I may appear inactive for a couple of days as I get through it, I'm a pretty slow forum-reader especially when trying to analyse.

I'm perfectly capable of spelling the word 'you' too, if you were wondering.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Jal »

Okay. I went through his games and found nothing about anyone here being previously with him. People could have easily read his games though - otherwise, I don't know why he was killed. He did point out a few other people though as being scummy with reads different than me: Jake, Mhork, Medhi (at first, not later) and hinted as possible BrawlGuy scumminess.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

why do you think the throat slit is mafia? in my experiences of playing mafia, SK usually has a non gun weapon most usually a knife and mafia has a gun. Regardless I doubt either was a vig target.

I also had a weird thought, Could community chest cards go to town and chance cards go to scum?

3 people received community chest cards that I can tell - Robert, Mogadishu, and myself

2 people received chance cards that I can tell - Lurker & Cheer Dog (aka SC)

lurker was scum and I was suspicious of that Cheer Dog/SC slot yesterday. The fact lurker flipped scum, that vote by SC early on looked like a bus vote.

anyway it's just an idea

today regardless of the cards i'd be interested in lynching Mehdi or Cheer, although Jal not being on lurker's wagon does give me pause, especially since UN died and he was convinced Jal was scum. typically when I get killed N1, it is because I am right about at least 1 scum.

meh, anyway just thinking out loud. I will wait for others.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:20 am

Post by Jal »

I thought that mod didn't specify which, but I just looked at the OP and you're right. Don't see Baby Spice as being a scum kill though unless scum Medhi was really scurred of Baby Spice given the level of suspicion on Baby. What reasoning can you think of scum killing off Baby?

I was given chance and community chest cards so that is non-tell.

I was on the Lurker wagon. Twice. I got off because Medhi asked Cheery to give some room so Lurker couldn't self-vote, and I unvoted first. I don't know how not being on the wagon means anything given what occurred prior and my argument to have the day last longer for more information.

Jake, where do you know Uber from?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Like I said it was just a thought about the cards.

I played with UN in Disney mafia and he helped town lose. Bunch of town trolling let a scum miller claim win. It's the most nauseating thing especially since I called the scum out day 1.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

And that same scum miller got nominated for a scummy. Kind of means something and if you want an opinion of a non townie who read the game I commented and said sala played pretty great. Policy lynching millers is a bad idea if you don't care much about their play.

I'll check the cards I got later, but I've gotten 2 already (one was at night and the other I mentioned during the day before).

Where did gnr mention the kills like that in the OP?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Yeah I've received both already.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think we can get anything from the lurker wagon, the only person I believe was not mentally on it was robert because he had vanished.

I don't think I've read enough detail to understand why the nightkills happened as they did, but based on mafias having guns, I think it would be more likely that baby spice was the scum kill.
The flavour for UN's kill points towards there being an SK.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Well ignoring the wagon you can look at people's opinion of him before the scum claim. After the scum claim they meant little by nature.
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Xisiqomelir »

I'm not surprised by the Uber NK, but I'm sort of amazed by the Baby one. She didn't really have much by way of reads. There was a long Jal-fight, and an unvote, and this:

In post 398, Baby Spice wrote:
Since you asked.
Scum: Jal

Leaning scum: Agent I, Xis *****

Null: Jake* Medhi, Mog ***

Vig bait: Mhork, NS & NumberQ ****

Leaning town: Lurker** Robert** SC

Town:

*I did have Jake as leaning scum until recently

**Not sure scum would mention getting Community chests cards so quickly, otherwise was null.

*** Not sure if he's leaning town or just faking so null.

**** Needs to post or be replaced. Vig bait due to LAL

*****Really didn't like Xis' entrance or early votes. Easy target and bandwagoning. Add in way under posting.

And a Mehdi vote and a Lurker vote.

In post 892, Jake from State Farm wrote:why do you think the throat slit is mafia? in my experiences of playing mafia, SK usually has a non gun weapon most usually a knife and mafia has a gun. Regardless I doubt either was a vig target.

I agree with this.

In post 892, Jake from State Farm wrote:
lurker was scum and I was suspicious of that Cheer Dog/SC slot yesterday. The fact lurker flipped scum, that vote by SC early on looked like a bus vote.

And this I'm happy to continue with.

VOTE: Cheery Dog

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”