Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

You want ESL classes or something?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:39 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Out-of-game notice: Because of various reasons, I've somewhat lost interest in this game. However, I think that signing up to play a mafia game requires commitment, and I absolutely hate people who disappear during a game. I also posted this to explain my absence, and my forgetfulness. I see from the replacements needed everywhere that there is currently a similar problem in a lot of games here. Hence, I will continue to play on to the best of my ability to fulfill that commitment.

To whoever who thinks I'm talking BS, fine. Just note that I'll post tomorrow night with proper in-game content posts.
Blank.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:21 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Pooky, it looks to me like you're trying to get people to run off on wild goose chases. After someone who lurked or didn't post at all day one. That's a pretty tenuous interpretation of the n1 results.

If you're really suspicious of someone, name them. Otherwise I think you're full of it and not really trying to find scum. Your posts still reek of Pooky Voodoo.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:07 am

WARNING, OBSCENITIES ARE USED IN THE FOLLOWING POST IN A RARE MOMENT OF TRULY INCREDIBLE ANGER AT A CERTAIN PLAYER, Please skip over this post and read the small paragraph at the end for a summary if you do not wish to be subjected to said obscenities.

Right

and what have you found for us so far this game?

Lurkers? A three year old with a bad eye could've picked out who hasn't been posting.

When I pointed out that you hadn't asked me questions at all when you asked me to post, that doesn't mean you can change what you did before by poking at me with the same retarded question over and over again.

The point is that you don't care what my answers are because YOU didn't even bother to ask me the question earlier, in my opinion you're either a) a scumbag who thinks that appealing to anger is going to get his team a coupla lurker lynches to ride to an easy win, or b) a townie who thinks cutting his nose off will spite his face, you think that being able to say WELL AT LEAST I GOT THOSE STUPID STINKING LURKERS LYNCHED is going to make you somehow better than all the other people who lost as town because you decided to shine a huge fucking searchlight on me for no reason other than because I didn't post for a stretch of time.

When I asked you to ask me what you wanted to know from me, I didn't mean to ask me the same question "WHO ARE THE SCUM WHO ARE THE SCUM" over and over again.

Why? Because IT FUCKING ACCOMPLISHES ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING.

IT IS COMPLETELY FUCKING ASASININE AND SHOWS YOU PUT ABSOLUTELY ZERO FUCKING EFFORT INTO THINKING ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW FROM ME.

It honestly feels quite good to actually type that out, you would have no idea how many times I deleted "fucking" from the sentences prior to that. Personally I think you are acting like a complete fucking prick. I'd expect you to come up with better and more intelligent and probably more useful bloody fucking questions than "who are the scum?" and ask it a billion fucking times.

But instead you chose to ask it a billion fucking times like a complete whackjob.

You want to see me do it?

Here

WHO ARE THE SCUM?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

See I can do it too, and you can insert random fucking responses in between those lines, and we'd still get nowhere.

When I asked you about questions, I meant what do you think of player XXX? what do you think of post YYY? Who do you think did ZZZZ? Hell you know specific things that actually lead to something. Things that have well ANSWERS. Like if I knew who all the bloody fucking scum were. I would've outted them by now and we wouldn't be having the ridiculous fucking discussion.

You typing

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?
Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

Who are the scum?

over and over again, does absolutely fucking nothing.

In fact that's what you have been doing all fucking game

Absolutely fucking nothing

Damn I said fucking a lot of times.

I don't think I actually use obscenities usually, usually i Have them replaced by !@#$ing

but not today, today i'm actually quite pissed at you.

Pissed because you are acting like a complete fucking asshole.

Maybe I should've just acted like BJ, laugh all the way to fucking lynching post and be completely useless.

But no! I have to actually show up and point out how much of a complete fucking tool you've been

Jeez you can SAY THAT EVERYONE IS SUSPICIOUS,.

WOW THATS SO USEFUL

NOW IF WE ONLY HAD A GIANT FUCKING GUILOTINE THAT COULD KILL EVERYONE THEN SURELY WE WOULD FUCKING TOTALLY NAIL ALL THE SCUM IN ONE FELL SWOOP.

BUT WE DONT!!

Which leads me to the following conclusion, your post saying that every1 is suspcious except for yada yada and yada IS COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS BECAUSE WE CANT FUCKING LYNCH THEM ALL.

Wow I think i've used fucking more times in this one post than all others I've used on scum and scumchat combined, that has to be a new record doesn't it?

For those of you who've wisely decided to skip the above post because it is entirely an angry rant directed at MBL for being a complete asainine tool.

Basically summed up it says this:

I am really pissed off and I think MBL is a completely useless twank who couldn't come up with a decent constructive question unless you outlined how to do it for him and he either has no ability to actually help the town or is deliberately choosing to not help the town by being a complete jackass when it comes to actually finding scum. Tho of course he never misses an oppurtunity to try to get us to waste our lynches on lurkers. Because killing them would make us feel oh so much better when the scum kill enough of us to win the game.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:31 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Oberon (3): Mastermind of Sin, Fuldu, mathcam
PookyTheMagicalBear (3): Oberon, MrBuddyLee, Yosarian2
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Uraj45
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx
Fuldu (1): ibaesha

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, Save The Dragons

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:04 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Still waiting for MBL to answer the questions I've posted to him. He also fell for the "deliberately weak argument", answering the easy argument while ignoring the stronger stuff against him. That's classic scum play there. If I didn't think MBL was just trying to distract us from lynching scumbuddy TheCesspit I'd be voting him right now. Although, unless he comes up with something really good really soon, I might be willing to lynch either of them equally.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:13 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Pooky, you've been unhelpful all game. Then you pointed at Yosarian as your lone suspect for pretty shoddy reasons. Then you came up with a random blah-de-blah about how we should look for some player-to-be-named-later who missed his vig N1. Without naming anyone specific.

You're not pointing us to scum. So I'll keep asking. And drawing attention to your avoidance.

You can find it asinine all you want, and make emotional appeals out the wazoo. Maybe the fact that you've been around this site a long time will earn you sympathy.

But you've played a crappy game and I am now putting the screws to you. I don't expect you to like it. I just expect you to give us your logical reasoning followed up with some names. The fact that you can't give us the names of three people you think are scum and why is pretty lame in my opinion.

You say I've done nothing, but I've actually posted my thoughts on every player. You can use that later when I come up dead town. You can use it now to establish relationships between me and others to determine if I'm town. I've prodded several players into discussions. I've contributed far, FAR more than you, and your attempts to imply otherwise are goofy and disingenuous.

You say I've just called out lurkers. Well, I have called out a few and they're posting more and I will take partial credit for that. You certainly didn't give a rat's ass about getting them involved--you WERE one. And you say the only people I suspect are lurkers, when actually my top five are You, Mos, STD, Ibby and Fuldu, of which only YOU are a lurker.

So yeah, you're still pretty much still full of it--you haven't even read my post history to determine my actual contribution. And you're still not giving us names, only obfuscations and emotional appeals.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:23 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Still waiting for MBL to answer the questions I've posted to him.
I just reread and
you didn't pose or post any questions to me
. You did make some pretty thin accusations trying to associate me with Cesspit, and if you like I can address those further. But you're trying to make it sound like I'm ignoring some questions you asked of me when actually you didn't ask any.

And the timing of this deceptive post by you is right in the midst of our attempt to get Pooky to say something of value. It's FASCINATING that you show no interest WHATSOEVER in getting him to talk, and you instead distract from the Pooky problem to try to cast aspersions on me. I see Pooky trying to set up an annoyance lynch here and you collaborating by a) diverting from any suspicions on him and b) trying to cook up some crock of shit case against me.

Which won't stick. People are catching on to you guys.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:36 am

Shoddy reasons?

Refute them then.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:42 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Addressing MoS's post where he did NOT ask me questions, but rather made some
WEAK
accusations of ties between Cesspit and I:

You major FOSed me, MoS, for several reasons.

A)
You first take issue with the three suspicions I expressed of Cesspit this game.

1) I took issue with the overly confident Cesspit statement:
Cess wrote:this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.
2) I took issue with Cesspit trying to pinpoint a possible office mover.
3) Start of today, I said
MBL wrote:cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all
Your problem is not with my suspicions, but with the fact that I made these observations and didn't grill Cesspit further about them. At the start of today I found the entire damned town scummy, and I've been going after most of them in an attempt to find scum and get us out of the lackadaisical rut that was going to lose us the game. If I haven't lingered on each one long enough for your tastes, go ahead, find me suspicious for it.
Summary: I've addressed Cesspit's scumminess proportionally and you're incorrect that I'm scummy for not pushing him harder.

B)
You didn't like my observation:
MBL wrote:I think mathcam is scum and cesspit's protecting him for whatever reason. Cam's smarter than to lynch BJ primarily on that claim. He's a highly logical player and that reasoning simply doesn't cut it.
At the time of this post, ibby, Yos, Coron and I all found cam suspicious, and inHim found him suspicious, all for the way cam pushed the BJ lynch. Cesspit's two posts before my comment didn't address specifics about cam, they just said the BJ lynch was justifiable in general terms and diverted the attack onto Coron for not stopping the lynch the day before. Then, Cesspit insinuates someone tried to cook up suspicions on cam day two, and then votes Coron for the BJ lynch instead of cam, which can easily be viewed as a protection of cam who was under pressure.
Summary: my observation of cess protecting cam was reasonable

C)
MBL wrote:I've commented on the scumminess I see in cam, cesspit and Ibby, primarily due to their indifferent tone. I'm also surprised Yos is taking the impending loss as well as he is, and I'm thinking there's something not quite right with that either
because you say:
MoS wrote:Here you lump TheCesspit in with Ibby and cam, talking about how you're already commented on their scumminess, for a reason that
you've never accused of him.
Actually on September 19th, MoS, I made the post you took issue with above where I said you cam and Cess weren't trying to find scum at all. Indifference and not trying to find scum mean the same thing.
Summary: your accusation here that I never accused Cess of indifference is FALSE.

D)
OK, on to your next attack on me for "protecting Cesspit".
MoS wrote:None of your accusations against Cesspit had anything to do with my points against him, so you completely sidestepped the issue.
OK, so your argument is that I'm bringing up unique problems with Cesspit that you didn't notice. That's bad? I guess you're saying that my points are invalid because I didn't also give a thumbs up to your specific accusations of Cesspit.
Summary: MoS's claim that I am sidestepping the Cesspit issue is BLATANTLY FALSE.

I'm going to take a time out here cause I'm halfway through MoS's post accusing me of collaborating with and defending Cesspit.
To this point MoS's argument has been pretty shitty and in some cases blatantly false.
Hallmarks of a cooked up case. And note that he chose to major FOS me over this case. Reasonable? You decide.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:43 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Shoddy reasons?

Refute them then.
I'll refute them once you've given us three suspects. That's one a day, Pooky. That's not a whole lot to ask you, and your song and dance is tiresome.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:45 am

And I understand quite clearly what you've
contributed

You're a drama queen who's been quite good at getting under some people's skins, from what you've said it's how you play and it's how you get reaction but right now all it's serving is a distraction to the game and not a very healthy one at that. Why? Because it narrows down attention towards personal arguments that often have nothing to do with in game alignment, it alienates outsiders, cause them to lose interest, it creates lurkers.

You've provided absolute crock for reasoning in terms of actually pointing out scumbags, you can scream unhelpful to the high bloody heavens but it's not exactly very helpful cuz UNHELPFUL =/= SCUMBAG.

You say my reasons are shoddy? What the hell are yours!? Because he/she didn't post? because he/she lurked? There is no positive correlation between inactivity and lurkerness.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:49 am

Fuldu and Mathcam

I believe Fuldu is the one BlueM is referring to.

Why do I think they're scum?

My left pinkie told me so.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:52 am

hell i'll even give u three probable townies on top of that, cherry for the ice cream right?

MBL
Ibby
MoS
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

The end of MoS's case associating me and Cesspit:
MoS wrote:This was the last post you ever made regarding TheCesspit. Now I came along and put in effort to restate my arguments against TheCesspit in full, and you not only completely ignore me AGAIN, you try to push a lynch on a lurker to distract from the charges against him. So far this game

(A) You(MBL) have just lightly pressured TheCesspit without ever following up on your suspicions, which has effectively been a distancing tactic designed to not get TheCesspit under fire from other people
too much.

(B) Other than your weak distancing arguments, you(MBL) have completely ignored anything having to do with TheCesspit

even when directly asked to comment on him. At first I was just annoyed that you weren't paying attention, but this is way too much to be coincidence. I'm pretty sure now that you are TheCesspit's scumbuddy, so I'll be sure to vote you tomorrow.
A)
MoS says
my pressure
on Cesspit has been designed to
not get Cesspit under pressure
from others? That's a mindbogglingly illogical, dumb, false, misleading observation by MoS. How does pressure on him by me result in less pressure on him from others? Defy logic and explain your nonsense, MoS.

B)
MoS says that other than my arguments, I've ignored anything Cesspittish. Not only did I post 8 separate criticisms of Cesspit before this accusatory post of MoS's, but I posted a six sentence summary of Cess's play after this post of MoS's. Yeah, other than those fourteen sentences, I've had no comment whatsoever on Cesspit. What the fuck? Do you expect everyone to play only with the toys you brought, MoS?

Summary: Basically, MoS's argument comes down to the fact that I, specifically, posted fourteen separate comments on Cesspit, but since I didn't point-by-point MoS's argument against Cesspit, he's sure Cess and I are scumpartners.

Don't be shy. Raise your hand if you think MoS is more than a little off his rocker on this one.

Does it make him scummy? Well, depends on his intentions for raising it OVER and OVER. He keeps pushing this case for the Cesspit+MBL love connection and avoiding discussing Pooky substantially at all. Eight other players have commented on Pooky's scumminess but not MoS.

In my eyes, Pooky has been a 9/10 of scumminess and Cesspit maybe a 4/10. I've made comments about both proportionally. MoS has made NO comments about Pooky and a zillion about Cesspit and MBL. Does that imply that MoS finds Pooky 0/10 scummy and Cesspit and MBL 10/10 scummy? We may never know, because MoS refuses to address the Pooky problem.

I am torn--is MoS protecting Pooky because they're scum together, or because he has some blind faith/love for Pooky from outside the game?

Also, fast forward to tomorrow. There's a 1/5 or so chance I'll be dead, probably more like 1/2 since I've kind of put a bullseye on my back today. When I come up dead town, MoS, you will have to justify why you pursued me with such vigor and failed to address so many other worthy targets.

And to everyone else, the above paragraph is not intended to get MoS off my back. It's intended to frame the bigger picture: I am trying to roust all scum from their cozy hideaways, and MoS is relentlessly hurling false accusations at one townie(MBL) and is way overly certain about the alignment of another player (Cess).
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:48 pm

Post by ibaesha »

So why does Fuldu only have one vote again? I'm curious since 4 people besides me have stated suspicions but not one of them have followed up on it with a vote or any other kind of pressure.

mathcam: Easier to wagon other people?
STD: Aren't you just waffling a bit much?
Pooky: Care to put your vote where your mouth is?
MBL: Would rather lynch Pooky?

This is how things look to me.

Or I could've said:

Why isn't Fuldu lynched yet?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:57 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Thanks Pooky. I think your reasoning accompanying those would be useful as well, but I've asked enough of you and it's good to see you contributing, so I'll let someone else press for them.
Pooky wrote:
You've(MBL) provided absolute crock for reasoning in terms of actually pointing out scumbags

You say my reasons are shoddy? What the hell are yours!? Because he/she didn't post? because he/she lurked?
As for my top five suspicions, I've given specific reasons for all five that go well beyond lurkiness. I've expressed dozens if not a hundred specific suspicions at this point. Let me throw a dart at this thread and find one randomly:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Max shows an unusual curiosity here--as if he had been the bomber or, less likely, a partner of Yos's who knew what his role was.

Worse, Yos is in the process of grilling lordy for fishing (Yos grilled Spamwise for fishing earlier as well) yet Yos treats Max here like a country gentleman despite the utter blatant nature of Max's fishing attempt.
That quote alone proves your statement false, and I've posted dozens like it.

Basically, Pooky, you're full of shit when you say I've provided no reasoning. I would like a few people besides myself to shoot this blatantly false statement of yours down. Not to pump me up, but to demonstrate that you really aren't in tune with this game at all if you think I haven't been posting real suspicions backed by significant facts.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:42 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yosarian2 wrote:Just in case there was any question about the issue, that is the correct discription of the townie office.
All offices have a desk and a chair IIRC. Not to say Ibby is lying, but I'm not going to say this looks any better on her, especially since she's been in an office with a desk, a chair, and something.
ibaesha wrote:STD: Aren't you just waffling a bit much?

<SNIP>

I like waffles.

<SNIP>

I concur.
Unvote, Vote: Fuldu

As for Pooky: I'm not liking what you're spewing. I'm loving the fact you are participating, but the whole appeal to emotion thing isn't doing it for me.

As for MoS: First of all, the point was that I was giving you a ball and I wanted to see how you played with it. When I revealed that, there's no point is seeing what the result is because it could easily be falsified.

Second of all, I don't see how you can link one living person with another and call them scum. If MBL is scum and Cesspit isn't, then he can use what you've said against you. If MBL is town and Cesspit is scum, (and you are too) then you could just reiterate what you're saying.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

As promised, why I thought Pooky's case aginst Yos was shoddy:
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:My lynch recommendation currently is Yosarian for several reasons,

1) he's been alone at end of day votecounts twice I believe on Days 2/3, notably missing out on both bluemonick and BJ. This is suspicious because having your vote alone on someone doesn't actually do anything, he either has the position that he is against lynching the candidate or for it, if he is for it then he would be voting for that lynchee, if he is against it, then he should be trying to get a different lynch. Voting for a person alone does niether of those things and is inconsistent with how a protown player would use his or her vote at such a time, it's like disguising a nonvote as a vote by making sure it could never matter or be picked up on since it is not a threat.

2) This quote:
Yos wrote:Umm...you could try, like, defending yourself? Answering questions people ask you? Acting like you might want to live or something?

I don't know if you're scum or not, but if you continue to act like this, your lynch is probably inevitable.
He made that comment directed at BlueM as BlueM was imploding and getting swept up in a lynching tide.

It sounds rather like something a scumbuddy would say to another scumbuddy to try to get them to wake up and defend themselves. This is notable because he doesn't make such comments towards the other lurkers but he does push for their lynches and express suspicion of them. Also he did not end up on BlueM's lynch.
1) You weren't voting end of Day One, Pooky, so your observation is somewhat hypocritical to begin with.
2) Yosarian and you both voted lordy, then you switched to bluemonick and he didn't. Bluemonick admitted to being scum and Yos didn't move over in time for the lynch. Is that really the behavior of a scumpartner whose partner just claimed scum? Was Yos really trying to avoid scrutiny by staying off the bluemonickwagon? Possible, but so so risky. If there was ever a bus opp that was it.
3) Yos was on inhim all D3 and said he didn't love the BJ wagon. He then switched to Cesspit at the last minute for Cesspit's scummy post:
TheCesspit wrote:his(BJ's) comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.
And I can't really fault Yos for that, nor do I see his actions there as avoiding accountability. He was pretty clear that he didn't like the BJ lynch. I don't see your accusation that he manipulated himself into being a lone vote at lynchtime as valid.

4) Your second point, that Yos showed mild protection of bluemonick at the end of D2... not sure what to say about that.
bluemonick claimed scum.
He was going down in flames. And after bluemonick claimed scum, Yosarian posted three times trying to get bluemonick to express some suspicions, defend himself, and claim.

Pooky, you could be right, but it would pretty much make Yos pretty dumb or REALLY risk-taking scum to associate himself with a scumpartner who just claimed scum.

So yeah, Pooky, that's why I found your case against Yos shoddy. Those four points I just outlined, plus the fact that this is the best "Dr. House" could come up with after three days of clinical detachment. Shoddy.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:33 pm

vote Fuldu

Clinical detachment is amusing.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:38 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

Oberon (3): Mastermind of Sin, Fuldu, mathcam
PookyTheMagicalBear (3): Oberon, MrBuddyLee, Yosarian2
Fuldu (3): ibaesha, Save The Dragons, PookyTheMagicalBear
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Uraj45
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:49 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:Addressing MoS's post where he did NOT ask me questions, but rather made some
WEAK
accusations of ties between Cesspit and I:

You major FOSed me, MoS, for several reasons.

A)
You first take issue with the three suspicions I expressed of Cesspit this game.

1) I took issue with the overly confident Cesspit statement:
Cess wrote:this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.
2) I took issue with Cesspit trying to pinpoint a possible office mover.
3) Start of today, I said
MBL wrote:cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all
Your problem is not with my suspicions, but with the fact that I made these observations and didn't grill Cesspit further about them. At the start of today I found the entire damned town scummy, and I've been going after most of them in an attempt to find scum and get us out of the lackadaisical rut that was going to lose us the game. If I haven't lingered on each one long enough for your tastes, go ahead, find me suspicious for it.
Summary: I've addressed Cesspit's scumminess proportionally and you're incorrect that I'm scummy for not pushing him harder.
No, because you've ignored all the other scummy things he's done.
B)
MBL wrote:I think mathcam is scum and cesspit's protecting him for whatever reason. Cam's smarter than to lynch BJ primarily on that claim. He's a highly logical player and that reasoning simply doesn't cut it.
At the time of this post, ibby, Yos, Coron and I all found cam suspicious, and inHim found him suspicious, all for the way cam pushed the BJ lynch. Cesspit's two posts before my comment didn't address specifics about cam, they just said the BJ lynch was justifiable in general terms and diverted the attack onto Coron for not stopping the lynch the day before. Then, Cesspit insinuates someone tried to cook up suspicions on cam day two, and then votes Coron for the BJ lynch instead of cam, which can easily be viewed as a protection of cam who was under pressure.
Summary: my observation of cess protecting cam was reasonable
Mathcam
replaced
Spamwise. If you had either read the game or read the notes I posted about Cesspit, you would know that Cesspit had been trying for most of the game to get spamwise/mathcam under suspicion and to get them lynched. He wasn't insinuating that someone tried to cook up suspicion of cam on day two, he was reminding us that HE had tried to make cam look suspicious, which is exactly why i took issue with his statement. You have once again proved that you aren't actually reading what I'm posting, because I already covered this in my analysis of TheCesspit.
C)
MBL wrote:I've commented on the scumminess I see in cam, cesspit and Ibby, primarily due to their indifferent tone. I'm also surprised Yos is taking the impending loss as well as he is, and I'm thinking there's something not quite right with that either
because you say:
MoS wrote:Here you lump TheCesspit in with Ibby and cam, talking about how you're already commented on their scumminess, for a reason that
you've never accused of him.
Actually on September 19th, MoS, I made the post you took issue with above where I said you cam and Cess weren't trying to find scum at all. Indifference and not trying to find scum mean the same thing.
Summary: your accusation here that I never accused Cess of indifference is FALSE.
So then where does Ibby fit in? If you're going to say that your accusation of Ibby, cam, and TheCesspit was a follow up of your accusation of TheCesspit, cam, and myself for not trying to find scum, then you're guilty of lumping in Ibby with Cam and TheCesspit, claiming to have commented on scumminess for a reason you didn't accuse her of.
D)
OK, on to your next attack on me for "protecting Cesspit".
MoS wrote:None of your accusations against Cesspit had anything to do with my points against him, so you completely sidestepped the issue.
OK, so your argument is that I'm bringing up unique problems with Cesspit that you didn't notice. That's bad? I guess you're saying that my points are invalid because I didn't also give a thumbs up to your specific accusations of Cesspit.
Summary: MoS's claim that I am sidestepping the Cesspit issue is BLATANTLY FALSE.
No, my argument is that you aren't making substantial arguments against TheCesspit. That is, you're throwing weak and sometimes blatantly false accusations at TheCesspit in a distancing attempt, while ignoring the more seriously scummy things he's done because you don't really want to contribute to the amount of pressure being put on him, since he's your scumbuddy.
I'm going to take a time out here cause I'm halfway through MoS's post accusing me of collaborating with and defending Cesspit.
To this point MoS's argument has been pretty shitty and in some cases blatantly false.
Hallmarks of a cooked up case. And note that he chose to major FOS me over this case. Reasonable? You decide.
Nice try with the whole emotional appeal thing, especially since you just got on Pooky's case for the same thing. I just love the hypocracy.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:00 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:The end of MoS's case associating me and Cesspit:
MoS wrote:This was the last post you ever made regarding TheCesspit. Now I came along and put in effort to restate my arguments against TheCesspit in full, and you not only completely ignore me AGAIN, you try to push a lynch on a lurker to distract from the charges against him. So far this game

(A) You(MBL) have just lightly pressured TheCesspit without ever following up on your suspicions, which has effectively been a distancing tactic designed to not get TheCesspit under fire from other people
too much.

(B) Other than your weak distancing arguments, you(MBL) have completely ignored anything having to do with TheCesspit

even when directly asked to comment on him. At first I was just annoyed that you weren't paying attention, but this is way too much to be coincidence. I'm pretty sure now that you are TheCesspit's scumbuddy, so I'll be sure to vote you tomorrow.
A)
MoS says
my pressure
on Cesspit has been designed to
not get Cesspit under pressure
from others? That's a mindbogglingly illogical, dumb, false, misleading observation by MoS. How does pressure on him by me result in less pressure on him from others? Defy logic and explain your nonsense, MoS.
Like I said in my last post, you've been using weak and sometimes false arguments against TheCesspit to distance yourself from him. Since these attacks are rather weak, they are not likely to garner support from a lot of people, effectively allowing you to attack him for distance without adding more pressure by having people agree with you and start voting him or w/e. Oh, and there's another emotional appeal, Mr. Hypocrit.
B)
MoS says that other than my arguments, I've ignored anything Cesspittish. Not only did I post 8 separate criticisms of Cesspit before this accusatory post of MoS's, but I posted a six sentence summary of Cess's play after this post of MoS's. Yeah, other than those fourteen sentences, I've had no comment whatsoever on Cesspit. What the fuck? Do you expect everyone to play only with the toys you brought, MoS?
Please quote these so-called criticisms for me, because I recall nothing of the sort worth mentioning.
Summary: Basically, MoS's argument comes down to the fact that I, specifically, posted fourteen separate comments on Cesspit, but since I didn't point-by-point MoS's argument against Cesspit, he's sure Cess and I are scumpartners.

Don't be shy. Raise your hand if you think MoS is more than a little off his rocker on this one.
Blatant misrepresentation by using assumptions and conclusions of your own to alter my own statements in order to present them in a light that is entirely different from my actual argument. Good job.
Does it make him scummy? Well, depends on his intentions for raising it OVER and OVER. He keeps pushing this case for the Cesspit+MBL love connection and avoiding discussing Pooky substantially at all. Eight other players have commented on Pooky's scumminess but not MoS.
ROFL. Now you're just lying. I specifically commented on Pooky
at your request
, just so we could get past your bullshit stalling and ignoring my case just because I hadn't commented on your diversion.
In my eyes, Pooky has been a 9/10 of scumminess and Cesspit maybe a 4/10. I've made comments about both proportionally. MoS has made NO comments about Pooky and a zillion about Cesspit and MBL. Does that imply that MoS finds Pooky 0/10 scummy and Cesspit and MBL 10/10 scummy? We may never know, because MoS refuses to address the Pooky problem.

I am torn--is MoS protecting Pooky because they're scum together, or because he has some blind faith/love for Pooky from outside the game?

Also, fast forward to tomorrow. There's a 1/5 or so chance I'll be dead, probably more like 1/2 since I've kind of put a bullseye on my back today. When I come up dead town, MoS, you will have to justify why you pursued me with such vigor and failed to address so many other worthy targets.

And to everyone else, the above paragraph is not intended to get MoS off my back. It's intended to frame the bigger picture: I am trying to roust all scum from their cozy hideaways, and MoS is relentlessly hurling false accusations at one townie(MBL) and is way overly certain about the alignment of another player (Cess).
Given that I HAVE commented on Pooky, the above quote is completely pointless. What we really have here is you doing almost exactly what you've accused me of. You're avoiding the bigger issues involving TheCesspit and relentlessly focusing on your diversion wagon, while continually misrepresenting me and even resorting to blatant lying in an emotional appeal to attempt to blind people from what's really happening by convincing everyone that all the scum are lurking and that you didn't do what you've clearly done.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

That's some pretty frantic hand-waving Pooky's doing over there, isn't it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:04 pm

Save The Dragons wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Just in case there was any question about the issue, that is the correct discription of the townie office.
All offices have a desk and a chair IIRC. Not to say Ibby is lying, but I'm not going to say this looks any better on her, especially since she's been in an office with a desk, a chair, and something.
ibaesha wrote:STD: Aren't you just waffling a bit much?

<SNIP>

I like waffles.

<SNIP>

I concur.
Unvote, Vote: Fuldu

As for Pooky: I'm not liking what you're spewing. I'm loving the fact you are participating, but the whole appeal to emotion thing isn't doing it for me.

As for MoS: First of all, the point was that I was giving you a ball and I wanted to see how you played with it. When I revealed that, there's no point is seeing what the result is because it could easily be falsified.

Second of all, I don't see how you can link one living person with another and call them scum. If MBL is scum and Cesspit isn't, then he can use what you've said against you. If MBL is town and Cesspit is scum, (and you are too) then you could just reiterate what you're saying.
STD, all I'm asking you, is what did you expect me to do with the ball? You gave me a deflated ball, so I ain't gonna go around bouncing it, surely you should know that. You come in and make this comment on how you "wonder" about me because I didn't comment on a reasonless FOS of Pooky (why would I even care if you want to make pointless FOSes against another player? Until you start making bad cases or something trying to get someone lynched, it's not my business what wierd stuff you do) and then when I ask you what exactly you expected out of me that I didn't do, you try to shove it under the table like it's a moot point. If it was a moot point, then why did you try to place a seed of suspicion by making the comment about me in the first place? Your statements don't seem consistent here. You either have to admit that one of your statements is wrong, or you gotta explain what I'm missing here.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”