Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:34 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 803, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 801, UberNinja wrote:
In post 793, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 792, Jake from State Farm wrote:Funny lurker mentions lurking and who shows up...

Lurker, you just need to stfu. I'm not active lurking, I responded to a post directed at me. You are trolling and are starting to annoy me. Can we end this day already?

Q, save the read, lurker admitted to being scum. He botched his claim. Lets do this already

UN asked for time, we should give it to him.
In post 794, Jake from State Farm wrote:No we shouldn't

-sigh-

Jake, please kindly STFU and let me read and explain my thoughts on shit.
That will happen before the end of the weekend, over the next day or two.

The very moment I am finished with that, I'll hammer Lurker myself. Deal?

I will not stfu

Well then neither will I.
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 797, Jake from State Farm wrote:You use your "chance to talk" to falsely accuse me of active lurking? Or to make a lame joke about NS not being in the game? Or all the stupid claims you have made? :roll:

And you decide to take active lurking as serious from a scum claim man named Lurker because...?
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:39 am

Post by Lurker »

In post 802, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 799, UberNinja wrote:
In post 779, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 777, UberNinja wrote:Yeah but please please everyone unvote.

Nobody better unvote.

Why the fuck not? You don't want me to be able to give my thoughts before Lurker is lynched?

You had plenty if time to contribute but you chose not to read and participate, nobody owes you any favors, especially when you do post it's rubbish or all caps.

Well, If you would let him give his thoughts, it wouldn't be all rubbish, now would it?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 93, Mehdi2277 wrote:I won't argue this in theory since that thinks too long but how about numbers. If we no lynch we're making the game a night start (assuming no day powers). 13 player vanilla day start win chances with 3 scum (the most likely number) is 20 percent chance for town. Same thing but with night start is 10 percent. Here's the calculator that does this.

Interesting calculator.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:05 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 101, Baby Spice wrote:Leaving aside the sheeping/wagoning for the moment which are in the slightly scummy field of activities, Jal's post and vote just scream scum.
Unvote
Vote Jal

Having just re-read pages 1-4, I totally agree.
Unvote; Vote: Jal

Just as I originally thought. Jal is scum.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:10 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 105, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 103, Jal wrote:
In post 101, Baby Spice wrote:Jal's post and vote just scream scum.
Unvote
Vote Jal

If it screams scum, it should be no problem to tell me how it does then.

My favorite way that people try to put down reasons they don't like. Skip quoting the reason and ask what it is.

In post 101, Baby Spice wrote:Bull shit misrepresentation as justification for a vote

100% agreed.

I'm not even done reading the game yet, and Jal is already higher than Lurker on my scum list
It's still only page 5, and I already know she needs to die.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 am

Post by UberNinja »

I'm going to try to consolidate the rest of my comments into more readable chunks.

In post 106, Mehdi2277 wrote:I'm concerned since A. they're not on someone I think is scummy and B. I completely disagree with the reasoning. On the blatant wagoning it's more of the fact he unvoted someone he was trying to pressure. The other thing is the fact Jal is leading the wagon so I just think of her as a bit better then who followed her on to it.

This is a common fallacy. It doesn't make Jal less scummy, in the least.

In post 107, Jal wrote:I'm going to clarify by what I meant by negative reactions. I more-so meant how divided the reactions are. I didn't expect it to start some sort of big conversation on it, and I'm very much intrigued there is.

This is scum code for: "Yay! We're getting bogged down in details! hehehe"

In post 107, Jal wrote:
In post 104, Mehdi2277 wrote:You're pushing something as a scum tell without explaining how it occurs more commonly from scum.

I'm pushing someone for doing shit all, and yeah, some scum love to sit back and do shit all. You have to pressure people to learn what they are and him suddenly coming in and posting content (and only related to himself still) isn't helping to achieve town status either. You're trying to argue that sometimes some people like to do some things regardless of alignment. That isn't really an argument against my push.

Jal does one of my favorite scum tells here. Not gonna say what it is, obv, but LOL this is 2ez

In post 107, Jal wrote:
In post 104, Mehdi2277 wrote:Want to contradict more? Since my post on that came right after you said scum love to defend people a lot (and I'm the main defender so who else would that refer to).

Main Defender = scum, how?

Really curious as to
where I said that

Like I said before, the "you can't prove I said that!" is very scummy, mostly because it's written like "look! hey, all you other people! pay attention! Mehdi is misrepping me by saying I said something I didn't actually explicitly say! scummy of her to do so, amirite?!!"

That's one of [WS]-type scum's main defenses (a certain category of scumhunting I have, don't worry about it for now) and she's showing it in spades here. There are only about 5 players on site who are this easy to spot doing it, but Jal is one of those. And it's fucking hilarious when they don't even realize they're doing it. Hopefully Jal will learn not to do it, this time... (she didn't all the other times I've lynched her as scum... 100% success record on that, btw).

Unrelatedly:

In post 110, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 96, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@StrangerCoug
: I read all of Dirty Dealing, so I sort of see where you're coming from. Do you think your perceptions of that game are more or less instructive from modding it rather than playing it? I'm having trouble phrasing this but I mean could you pick up on things more subtle than salamence faking a post-restriction?

Not really. If I pay much attention to anything other than the players' votes or the players talking to me, I make much of the same kinds of mental notes as a player (e.g. so and so's in trouble, so and so's really a driving force in this game). I find that modding
INHIBITS
picking up on tells. Players do not give the mod the same expectation to have an eye for detail as they do other players—you are really expected to keep an accurate vote count, post it regularly, make sure you process role actions right, and that's it. It's a bit like getting away with cheating from a test in theory—in practice, you're not doing the work and you don't learn how to come up with the answer yourself.

I agree with this. I often neglect to read along with the games I'm modding, opting only to stay on top of the vote counts. Since I already know the answers, I don't really have to look for them, so it's not the same feeling. I often don't even remember a lot of the main events in games I've modded.

I think I'll begin to change that in the future. I'll take more of an active role in observing the game, as opposed to just running it solely.

Anyway, back to Jal-scum.

In post 111, Jal wrote:
In post 105, Baby Spice wrote:Jal, as the post itself should indicate, by going back through the completed mini game queue.
If the wagon is on scum, then history shows about 50% of the time it has scum on it.

Just the first wagon mind you. I never checked the others that occurred day 1.

I'd like to see these stats compiled. You keep throwing around different sort of stats. Is there a post on this or what? You haven't answered the rest of my questions regarding this also.

"There's no proof that I'm scum! You can't prove the stats exist! They don't exist!" ... :P

This reminds me of a politician who ignores things they don't want to be true. lmao

In post 111, Jal wrote:
In post 105, Baby Spice wrote:My favorite way that people try to put down reasons they don't like. Skip quoting the reason and ask what it is.

That's great, I see that. How is it mispresenting Lurker? How is saying...

In post 66, Jal wrote:I'm glad you read four posts after your last one and decided you didn't need to play the game anymore.

"bull shit misrepresentation" and please don't tell me you took the "read four posts" thing as being literal other than the meaning being he has deliberately chosen not to engage in meaningful conversation. How does this scream scum?

WE MUST GO DEEPER

Nitpicking up there with the best of them, Jal fails to realize that she's actually only
digging her own grave
deeper.

I'll also add that, by this point, I've found out that if Jal is scum, that means Robert and Mehdi are not scum. And possibly Xisolemqr as well. So in case I die, and Jal is flipped scum by that point, don't lynch Robert and Mehdi. I'm less sure about Xis, so keep an eye on him.

Post 119 by Lord Mhork feels exactly like something a Jal scumbuddy would write.
He goes on the scum list too.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:40 am

Post by UberNinja »

I might not even continue to give you all analysis in depth like this... it's pretty fucking obvious Jal is scum.

Jal is using bullshit reasons to vote for people, misrepresenting them, acting snarkily "in control", having double standards for activity (when it comes to me), letting sleeping dogs lie (when it comes to me), and banking on the complete and total uselessness/stupidity/??? of Lurker to wipe away her tracks and muddy the waters so that no one else will see what obvious scum she is.

And yes, she is
obviously
fucking scum.

So what I'm probably gonna do is just make all my notes to myself in my shorthand, and then come back later with proclamations on who's town and scum. It'll take at least a few hours to get through the thread.

ARE YOU READY?!!??!
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 am

Post by UberNinja »

If I had to guess right now, in the middle of page 6, I'd say scum are Jal, Lord Mhork, and Jake from State Farm.

Let's see how much of that changes by the time I get to the end of the game.

Mehdi, I see you browsing. I'd like to know what you think of what I've put so far <3
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

but Jal caught lurker's scum slip so just like I suspected your reads are shit unless Jal is scum bussing lurker for town cred (possible but on day 1 not very likely). Now stop wasting time and vote lurker.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 770, UberNinja wrote:That's a definite possibility, especially given what he said about giving up his allies because he wasn't happy with how things were going

Yeah UN has responded to that already. The problem I really have with jal scum isn't the lurker bus (which would likely get caught the moment someone decided to really read that post and UN reading play catch up has a good chance of seeing it) but seeing spice as town. And while they unvoted each other the way spice and jal argued doesn't seem like scum buddies and of the two I suspect the first more.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I guess if I'm wrong on spice I'd be willing to accept jal as likely scum.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

Dude... I'm hurt that you would insinuate that I, as scum, would be moronic enough to link myself to my scum buddy from the first post. Normally I'm heavily against meta, but if you look at any of my scum games, you'll see that's not my style. In addition, that's a weak tell at best. How many times have you actually seen scum link themselves together that badly?

I don't like what über is doing here. Why rally a counter wagon to push today when someone already has claimed scum? It's possible he's a buddy trying to clear a mislynch before his buddy dies.

@Uber:
Why does Jal need to die
today
?

PEdit:
What associative tells have you found between us?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Clearing a mislynch doesn't really matter now or later so doing it now doesn't really make much sense still.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 147, Jal wrote:
In post 145, Baby Spice wrote:Well for starters, I really, really doubt that Lurker decided that he didn't need to play the game anymore and in no way indicated that he thought that, and with a vote immediately following that comment of yours, how are we not supposed to take it seriously?

You're a numbskull or you're scum hoping you got on something special.

Take your pick.

Waiting on those official numbers.

This post makes me want to smack all of you, for not lynching Jal 20 pages ago.

I mean seriously, what the fuck, people.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 834, Jake from State Farm wrote:but Jal caught lurker's scum slip so just like I suspected your reads are shit unless Jal is scum bussing lurker for town cred (possible but on day 1 not very likely). Now stop wasting time and vote lurker.

If Lurker flips scum, what's Jal's alignment?
If Jal flips scum, what's Lurker's alignment?
If Lurker flips town, what's Jal's alignment?
If Jal flips town, what's Lurker's alignment?
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Lurker flipping town doesn't work unless he likes claiming scum as town. Jal flipping scum/town still makes lurker scum.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:27 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 837, Lord Mhork wrote:Dude... I'm hurt that you would insinuate that I, as scum, would be moronic enough to link myself to my scum buddy from the first post. Normally I'm heavily against meta, but if you look at any of my scum games, you'll see that's not my style. In addition, that's a weak tell at best. How many times have you actually seen scum link themselves together that badly?

The past doesn't matter. What you "would or wouldn't do" doesn't matter. Your meta doesn't FUCKING MATTER.

You fucking did it. You're fucking scum. End of the fucking story.

In post 837, Lord Mhork wrote:I don't like what über is doing here. Why rally a counter wagon to push today when someone already has claimed scum? It's possible he's a buddy trying to clear a mislynch before his buddy dies.

Dude... I'm hurt that you would insinuate that I, as scum, would be moronic enough to link myself to my scum buddy... etc.

Actually, I'm not hurt. Because you
don't
think I'm scum. You know I'm town.

Which is clear.

In post 837, Lord Mhork wrote:@Uber:
Why does Jal need to die
today
?

In case Lurker's just being a fucking moron, which I wouldn't put past him, and is town, then Jal, who I 200% sure know is scum, should die today because I'm more sure about her than about Lurker. And news flash, my scum lynch percentage is fucking
off the charts
. Ask Jal. She's been on the receiving end of it, more than once.

And, of course, because I'm going to die tonight, and I won't be able to push a Jal lynch tomorrow.

When Jal flips scum, that clears me, Robert, Mehdi, and Lurker. That's WAY FUCKING BETTER than Lurker flipping town OR scum, either way he doesn't clear anybody or condemn anybody.

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

tl;dr: Lurker's not being lynched today, Jal's being lynched today. I'm still only 5 pages through the game. There's plenty of fucking time to prove how much of a scum bag Jal is, and it's going to happen just like it happened every other time. Riiiight at the last minute.

Right, Jal?

Click the links above. Read a bit of the games involved.

Moral of the story is: I don't fuck around when it comes to Jal-scum.
I lynch her.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 837, Lord Mhork wrote:PEdit:
What associative tells have you found between us?

Really? If you thought it was "so obvious" and you "linked yourselves together that badly", you're asking me to tell you what associative tells I found?

LOL

You just scum slipped, motherfucker
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 841, Mehdi2277 wrote:Lurker flipping town doesn't work unless he likes claiming scum as town. Jal flipping scum/town still makes lurker scum.

In post 842, UberNinja wrote:When Jal flips scum, that clears me, Robert, Mehdi, and Lurker. That's WAY FUCKING BETTER than Lurker flipping town OR scum, either way he doesn't clear anybody or condemn anybody.

Even if you take out Lurker being cleared... it's still way fuckin better.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:29 am

In post 840, UberNinja wrote:
In post 834, Jake from State Farm wrote:but Jal caught lurker's scum slip so just like I suspected your reads are shit unless Jal is scum bussing lurker for town cred (possible but on day 1 not very likely). Now stop wasting time and vote lurker.

If Lurker flips scum, what's Jal's alignment?
If Jal flips scum, what's Lurker's alignment?
If Lurker flips town, what's Jal's alignment?
If Jal flips town, what's Lurker's alignment?

Doesn't matter right now. Lurker should not flip town unless he's game throwing. But for S & Gs, If Lurker flips scum (which he probably will) Jal is near confirmed town and won't change unless he lives til the lynch right before mylo/lylo
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 am

And we are not lynching the person who caught the scum slip, we are lynching the person who admitted he was scum
Show
Things I've learned.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 835, Mehdi2277 wrote:
In post 770, UberNinja wrote:That's a definite possibility, especially given what he said about giving up his allies because he wasn't happy with how things were going

Yeah UN has responded to that already. The problem I really have with jal scum isn't the lurker bus (which would likely get caught the moment someone decided to really read that post and UN reading play catch up has a good chance of seeing it) but seeing spice as town. And while they unvoted each other the way spice and jal argued doesn't seem like scum buddies and of the two I suspect the first more.

No, Baby Spice doesn't seem like scum here.

And it seemed Jal was happy to de-escalate the situation, which is consistent with her being scum.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 846, Jake from State Farm wrote:And we are not lynching the person who caught the scum slip, we are lynching the person who admitted he was scum

Lmao you put too much faith in your supposed "scum slips"

We are lynching Jal and that's all there is to it.

I take back what I said earlier about you being scum, because you'd have to be the dumbest motherfucker alive to play as scum in this way.
Lord Mhork is still a definite possibility though
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

A caught scum slip that would likely be caught anyway. If a scum buddy is dying either way then bussing and picking up some town cred is fairly basic play. Lurker is being lynched today since while jal scum is possible him scum is fairly confirmed.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”