ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:48 am

Post by ibaesha »

Well, MBL, you've just managed to alienate me again. Good job.

1. I wasn't 'buddying' up to Pooky anymore than normal.
2. You've obviously failed to read my follow-up posts about Pooky since I stopped being pissed off about you and tried to look at things more objectively.
3. It's a flat out LIE that I'm laying groundwork for a Cesspit vote. It was the current topic of the game and I felt the need to comment on it instead of ignore it. I'm not into the wagon or I'd already be on it. I don't trust MoS, especially with the way he pushed me about BJ yesterday and how that turned out.

I can't do a fucking thing to change your mind about me. I give up. You think I'm scum, fine. I guess the whole part where I backed off, agreed to disagree, and then attempted to look at things from a more objective, non-emotional viewpoint didn't matter either. I thought perhaps we were two townies fighting and that we might be better served by working together instead of fighting while the scum sat off to the sidelines and laughed. But whatever, you go on with your bad self. If you're town, you've made a horrible play by forcing me to do nothing but defend myself against your craptastical attacks. Hope you figure it out before it's too late.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:51 am

Post by ibaesha »

Pooky:
Ibby wrote:Well, care to contemplate out loud for us, then?

Who do you think is scum? Why? Etc. C'mon Pooks. Let's hear it.
I asked you those questions you're expecting from MBL. Nice to see that you're expecting him to ask the same questions I asked, but you're not bothering to answer me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:10 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I didn't answer the question because I wanted to give MBL the oppurtunity to ask it.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:54 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Liar.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:08 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Also, ibby, I hope you'll forgive me if I don't wipe your slate clean because of your recent posts. I put a lot of thought into my previous post, and particularly the order of likelihood that various people are scum. You were 5th in my eyes, and if you can't handle that, tough cookies.

Pooky has played a ridiculously scummy game. His latest post attempts to place the burden of scumhunting on me (and the rest of us) rather than sharing it--he basically says we need to bring the cases to him. I see nearly no way to reconcile his behavior this game with township.

MoS has been truly bizarre today. He defends the indefensible in Pooky. He focuses on Cesspit to nearly no end, though Cesspit in my eyes isn't anywhere near as scummy this game as Pooky or Max/STD. MoS is so willing to proclaim Cesspit scum that he's already assigning scumpartnership to me despite the fact that I called out Cesspit as moderately scummy several times yesterday and today before MoS started freaking out on him. MoS is completely and utterly wrong about me, and it therefore wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was way off base on Cesspit either.

STD and Fuldu seem to be looking for convenient next lynches and not really addressing the big picture as much. STD appears to have read me correctly, but that could be as much appeasement as anything, and I'm not willing to trust his intentions in clarifying my points. Fuldu ignores some players who just shouldn't be ignored, and that's not really a pro-town hallmark right now. He's exclusively pushing two lynches I have little faith in, to the exclusion of even remarking on other issues. Looks like selective avoidance.

So yeah ibby, I still find you suspicious largely due to the way you interacted with Pooky. Not much I can say... your scumhunting success today will tell everyone a lot more about your alignment.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:17 am

Post by Yaw »

Please welcome Oberon, who replaces TheCesspit.

To vent briefly, we have a V/LA thread. I read it. Please use it. The only good excuse for disappearing for a few weeks without telling anyone is if your computer burst into flames. Vacations don't come up last minute. Even if things get really busy, try to take a few minutes to say so. Don't make me hunt you down.

Vote Count:

TheCesspit (5): Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2, Save The Dragons, Fuldu, mathcam
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Uraj45
mystery meat of doom (1): ibaesha
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:43 am

Post by Fuldu »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Spectacularly, the only people Fuldu has expressed suspicion of today have been MBL and Cesspit. With all the mention of other scummy people he's bought none of it and maintained his dogged focus. His last three posts were dedicated to explaining the Columbus Day holiday.
Dogged focus is one of the foundations of my playstyle, MBL. You can call it "looking for a convenient lynch" if you want, but I think that's as good a name for what you've done, list 10 of the remaining 14 players (not including yourself) as suspicious, with the lovely note that you've probably missed one or two. Now, you've indicated increased levels of suspicion for some and not for others, so it's not quite as bad as "expressing suspicion of everyone is as bad as expressing suspicion of no one," but it does leave you open to putting your vote on pretty much any bandwagon that arises and being able to defend it with past actions and views.

The Columbus Day bit I will grant. They weren't the most useful posts. But I didn't like the way conversation was going vis a vis the lack of participation when there were plausible explanations that no one seemed aware of. If you or MoS want to get on somebody's back about it now, I have no problem with that. But doing it during a holiday weekend simply because you don't realize it's a holiday weekend (or, if I'm being cynical, despite the fact that you know it's a holiday weekend, but may be hoping that others don't) isn't good for anybody.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:44 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Pooky, I've asked you specifically what info your "master plan" has dredged up. I've attacked the logic behind your plan, as have others. I've attacked Ibby for her interactions with you. I've stated that your actions have absolutely not bee pro-town to date. If you don't think I've been begging you to address these concerns in an attempt to ascertain your alignment, you're being intentionally blind.

Here are my answers to your questions that have been scattered through your somewhat flippant posts.
pooky wrote:when's the last time you've seen Pookyscum lurk?
I'll defer this question to others--I haven't played with you enough to know.
pooky wrote:how long will it take before I am attacked for my behaviour? Who will do the attacking? Who will choose to leave me alone? Would they make such an action as a protown role?
I pointed you out as troublesome each of the first three days I believe, but not til today did I come after you with any significant aggression. I haven't seen many people remark upon your absence--Yos did but never followed up on it, and a few others did as well but not many. I think by day four your performance had been so lackluster in this game that only irresponsible town would leave you alone. Scum would leave you alone for several reasons--as you say you're probably not ultimately as easy a lynch for them as some. And you've been scummy--scum prefer to kill innocents I believe.
pooky wrote:Did they skip over someone prominent?
"Prominent" meaning a well-known player? I think BJ got jumped, so people didn't defer to his prominence. Ibby's somewhat prominent and she got jumped. Cam is reknowned and has attracted some suspicion this game so he's not being entirely ignored. All of these people have been ignored bysome though, and I've tried to point out many cases of selective omissions in my previous posts.
Pooky wrote:Who would attack Pooky if he didn't have information, but didn't attack Pooky and yet still is alive?
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I think you're asking who isn't attacking you who should be, and the clearest answer to that is MoS. Fuldu has also avoided attacking you, as have a few others. There's no way they're all cops with info on you either, so in general I am seeing Pooky avoidance as suspicious, since the pro-town act would be to attack Pooky today, I sincerely believe.
pooky wrote:Are you pursuing me because you want to see me lynched or because you want to see me post?
I've called you out a good 20 times in this game by now, so I think it's obvious I'd like you to post. I have ZERO other way of determining your alignment, other than relying on a personal theory that lurking is generally anti-town. If your comments continue to obfuscate, yes, I want to see you lynched. You are muddling this game, not making it clearer, to date.
pooky wrote:What are your intentions this game?
At this point, I think this game is nearly lost for town due largely to indifference. BJ for example took pride in goading us into lynching him yesterday--showing a nearly complete apathy for the health of the town. And I can barely find 5 people today who appear remotely pro-town let alone ten. If mmod's town, for example, he should be beaten over the head with a sockeye salmon for his failure to do anything whatsoever that would make him look pro-town.

So I primarily want to be right today--I'd like to figure out who all five scumbags are so I can at least say "told you so" later. And there's a chance, albeit slim, that finding one scum will result in a cascade that unravels their team due to their carelessness these past few days. Yeah, I'd like town to win, but it's looking like long odds. Eight to lynch, only ten town around, and of that only 5 or so at most remotely attentive, responsible town.
pooky wrote:What do you think my intentions have been this game?
Your intentions, Pooky, have been to lie low and contribute zero while watching lynches and arguments fly by. If you're pro-town, you're planning on somehow "saving the day" on day five when the count is five scum remaining and seven town. Which is completely absurd to the point where I can't see an intelligent person formulating that master plan.
Oberon
Oberon
Goon
Oberon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:50 am

Post by Oberon »

hey I'm here... lemme do a full reread, sleep, eat a sandwitch, watch a football game, then post something of substance. :)
Holy scumbad Batman!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

The Cesspit(Oberon) wagon bothers me--it looks like people on the wagon think the case is stronger than it is. It could just as easily be scum wagoning scum as scum wagoning town, assuming two scumteams. If you are town, be sure you think Cesspit is scum before voting him, because there is little incentive for scum to stay off that wagon at this point. They've made their (fairly crappy) case while some have behaved strangely towards the competing wagons/suspicions.

Fuldu, if you don't find the majority of the fifteen players suspicious right now, you're delusional. I am calling it like I see it, and if you think that's "spreading suspicions", whatever to you. I did take care to rank my suspicions--a top four I think are above and beyond scummier, and a next few listed in order. I could see any of the {} group as town, but I have a lot of trouble seeing Pooky, MoS, yours and StD's long-term actions as town.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

MBL wrote:-I'd like to figure out who all five scumbags are so I can at least say "told you so" later
how do you know how many scum are left?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Does someone else want to field MBL's post? I could break it down and show how utterly scummy it is,
O.o

Umm...his post was his take on everyone in the game. I'm not going to sit here and say scum wouldn't do that, but I'm not going to accuse such a post of being scummy when I fail to see what's wrong with it.

If you think MBL is town, don't bother.

If you think he's scum, show it.

I am not convinced, so I won't vote him.

I'm more convinced of either Cesspit or MMoD. I have stated my case against harrypotter, and I fos:pooky to see who would respond, not to fos him. MoS said nothing, which makes me wonder.

I'd be willing to go after Fuldu or Coron. Right now I think the play is Cess or MMoD.

Still, we may need some prods.
I didn't mean that you had to disagree with him, I was just hoping that someone would respond to what he said. I can't respond to everything that's said, i just don't have that kind of time. I didn't even see you fos pooky, I'll have to look back and find that. I just wish that more people would speak up so I don't have to do this by myself, it's rather frustrating.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Save The Dragons wrote:
FOS: Pooky
there is no reasoning to go with this, what do you want me to say about it? I can't comment on something that has no substance.
MrBuddyLee wrote:ps. MoS should know that Pooky's been at school in the U.S., at least as far as I know, since early September. So the China excuse really doesn't hold.
I really hate how you're trying to implicate me with statements like this. I never even said Pooky had an excuse to lurk, i never mentioned the fact that he'd been in China for the summer, especially since I know it's an irrelevant fact. The fact that you would try to link it to me specifically as if I had been implying that he was still in china and should know otherwise just rings of scum tactics to me.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:28 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
MBL wrote:-I'd like to figure out who all five scumbags are so I can at least say "told you so" later
how do you know how many scum are left?
For the matter of convenience I'm assuming five.

Is this really the most insight you can muster?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:30 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:lmfao, so you disagree with EVERYTHING in my post from start to finish, MoS? I gave my opinions of all 14 people... surely you concur on a few?

The fact that you find the need to blanket disparage me is yet another good reason why you're probably scum, MoS. Town see things in greys, not black and white.

I agree that other people still need to step it up, but god MoS you're looking worse by the minute. Your tapdance on Pooky is getting more amusing with every defense of him you post.

Sad thing is, I have a feeling you'd defend him blindly if you were town too...

Oh, and your claim that I've singled out Pooky amongst the lurkers is absurd. Please recall my attacks on all lurkers yesterday and earlier today, including posts with details on how each lurker differs in their scumminess. Pooky just happens to be the one who, oh I dunno, FABRICATED a complete fake strategy to cover for his lurking. The Dr. House thing is classic Pookyscum, from what I've seen.
stop misrepresenting me, please. I never said I disagreed with everything, but I do know that when i looked it over I saw a lot of stuff i took issue with. I'm just fucking tired of having this ping pong argument that's doing nothing but convincing us that the other is scum, and no one is even bothering to comment on it one way or another, so we aren't even accomplishing anything. It's funny that you accuse me of being scum for blanketly disparaging you, because that's exactly what I would've said about you. For the most part, you're responses to me have been just repeating that I'm probably scum and I'm acting wierd, and parroting the same damn things you've said over and over without ever responding to the actual points against you.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Baby Jesus? Pooky? You guys are in this game? ...Pooky's only posted 3 times since July 6th
this is a bit more normal for pooky than BJ, esp. since he's been in China and had off and on access
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:36 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm not parroting a thing and I'm not misrepresenting you, at least intentionally. I find you scummy primarily for your bizarre response to the raised Pooky issue. Also because you found Cesspit scummy for diverting from the BJ lynch, which we now know could easily be a pro-town act, and despite that you CONTINUED to push the Cesspit lynch based on the same argument (quoting the post where he diverted the BJ lynch). You've since levied other accusations, but that stretch was bizarre.

I'll see if there are any accusations you've levied against me that I haven't substantially addressed.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:41 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:Baby Jesus? Pooky? You guys are in this game? ...Pooky's only posted 3 times since July 6th
this is a bit more normal for pooky than BJ, esp. since he's been in China and had off and on access
Dude, I said this in
August
. He had only posted 3 times since July 6th, which was all during the time period when he WAS in China. Since then, I haven't considered that to be a factor, since he would have had to be back at school by the beginning of September.

For the record, I thought you were referring to this recent post, which upon reading I failed to notice that it was a quote I had made.
spectrumvoid wrote:I did the search... While I agree that MOS has been attacking TCP, he did mention this:

Fri Aug 25

Hence probably why he didn't talk about the Pooky issue.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:45 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm not parroting a thing and I'm not misrepresenting you, at least intentionally. I find you scummy primarily for your bizarre response to the raised Pooky issue. Also because you found Cesspit scummy for diverting from the BJ lynch, which we now know could easily be a pro-town act, and despite that you CONTINUED to push the Cesspit lynch based on the same argument (quoting the post where he diverted the BJ lynch). You've since levied other accusations, but that stretch was bizarre.

I'll see if there are any accusations you've levied against me that I haven't substantially addressed.
Actually, it is not the fact alone that he "diverted" from the BJ lynch that makes me suspicious. It's the fact that he diverted from the wagon (using the reasoning that he liked BJ's defense,
of which there had been NONE
), which would make him look more protown, then
rejoined
the wagon at a convenient moment, even though BJ was still acting about the same. the only difference was his "My pm says i'm protown" remark, which I don't consider to be a great reason to think he's scum IF you think the rest of his actions were protown. I accept that reason because it is scummy and it adds to the rest of his scummy actions, but TheCesspit was using it as the
catalyst
for his vote, even though he'd already declared BJ to not be worth voting based on his previous actions.

Does that explain it better for you?
Permanent V/LA.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: there is no reasoning to go with this, what do you want me to say about it? I can't comment on something that has no substance.
Why do you say this now when I have explained it in a later post?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Yosarian2 - A ton of posts, but a ton of fluff and speculative stuff about offices. His only two major suspicions today have been Max and Cesspit. August 6th, August 24th, September 9th observed that Pooky was lurking but has never followed up on it an ounce. VERY unlike Yos, who is normally intolerant of lurkers from what I've seen. He likes to know people's alignments, and his indifference to Pooky and mmod bothers me. If Yos were town, I'd expect him to be much more pissed off about the state of this game.
I agree that I have not been lurkerhunting as much as usual. Mostly because I myself havn't been quite as good with keeping up with games lately as I usually am, which makes it harder for me to attack other people for lurking.

That being said, I am becoming more suspicious of Pooky. Looking back, I really don't like the last post he made before he started lurking (the one where he defended himself by claiming to be using a stratagy he learned from watching House), and I don't like this post at all.
PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Well MBL, all u've really done is jump up and down and moan loudly about how pissed you'd be if I was town and contributed as I have, about how I've provided no defense, about how I must be scum.

Why not just answer my questions?

You realize you're not actually asking me anything,

It's like you'd love me to post yet you've made no real request that I can see.

If you're REALLY interested in having me make posts and contribute, you would've actually ASKED me directly what you wanted me to contribute.

Like who I think should be lynched, who I think is innocent, and all sorts of different things you could ask of me to contribute.

Instead all you've done is bitch in an increasingly hysterical manner about how I've contributed nada yada yada yada.

What is your purpose here? To make me post? To make me contribute? If that were so you would have asked questions of me surely? Questions that you would want answered?

But instead all you've done is try to stir up public outrage at what I've done so far this game.

What you have NOT done is address the issue of lurkage, whether you kill me or not, those people who are lurking will continue to lurk and you still will not get any closer to getting actual relevant information on this game.

I've played as scum against lurkers before, it's easy to try to turn a town on the lurker because you need no actual evidence against them, they don't need to do anything scummy, their existence is scummy because there is no information to point either way.

In Werewolves Mafia 38 I got the town to lynch 2 lurkers back to back on the last couple of days based on no guilt whatsoever, I just got them so pissed at the lurkers that they ended up lynching those lurkers tho there was no evidence they were scum at all.

MBL's objective here is not to get rid of the lurking in this game, if that was his goal he'd have actual QUESTIONS for the lurkers to answer, he'd be ASKING them things. Instead all he's said is these people are suspicious for lurking, Pooky should be lynched cuz he's a lurker.

Does lynching all lurkers get rid of lurkers? Yes, it also throws away any chance you have for winning the bloody game since you're operating through with no information. MBL's goal seems to be to throw away lynches based on lurking.

When you examine a player's play, there is one thing that you must understand, the player's
intention
. Why is he playing this way? What is he hoping to accomplish.

MBL's intention is to lynch me, it is not to make me talk, I've given him plenty of time and not once has he actually asked me directly anything that he wants to know from me(i.e. who do i think is suspicious, who do i think is scum, who do i think is innocent, what do you think of player XXX)(this is of course barring that one sarcastic remark he made in response to my House reference which was made after quite some time spent actually trying to get me lynched and I can't really see as a geniune question, it read more like an asasine sarcastic remark)

The intention to lynch a lurker rather than make a lurker talk is more scum in my experience here than protown.

Now what are MY intentions this game? Well first look at what I've done and look at my reputation which surely precedes me. Do you believe I intended to lurk my way through this game as scum and not be called on it?(Such an intention would of course correspond with an expectation of getting away with said act, do you believe I EXPECT to get away with such an act)

I propose to you that I could not possibly expect to get away with such blatant lurking and especially not to somehow sprinkle fairy dust into your eyes and make you forget my existence while two stepping my way to a victory to the tune of a jig.

My intention is twofold, find out who attacks me for lurking(and on the flipside who doesn't attack me for lurking who I would expect to attack me for lurking)

and also to give ample oppurtunity for those who propose my lynch based on lurkage to actually
question
me. This is a separation effect because it separates those who hunt lurkers because they are easy to lynch from those who pressure lurkers to get them to stop lurking.

The player who actually has questions for the lurker to answer and give him no excuse to avoid contributing by making it clear what is expected is typically protown.

The player who appeals to outrage and anger as excuses to lynch a player with no real sense of their guilt, is typically scum.
MLB was poking at Pooky for lurking, and Pooky responds with a long, emotional, rant that really has very little to do with the game. Pooky gives wierd sideways arguments like "if he really wanted me to stop lurking he'd ask me questions". Well, either that, or he'd just keep pointing out you were lurking and that it's scummy, as that's a good way to get the lurkers to post.

And the whole claim that he was lurking just to see who would attack him for lurking and who wouldn't is just an absolutly terrible claim. The "I was acting scummy because I wanted to see who attacked me for being scummy" is always a terrible, terrible defense; if you do something scummy, like lurk, of course people will attack you. "Do you believe I intended to lurk my way through this game as scum and not be called on it?" is even worse. You can't do something suspicious and then try to WIFOM your way out of it by basically saying "if I was scum I wouldn't really be this scummy, would I?"

Besides, to quote a movie, I've heard this speach before. Last time I saw Pooky use this kind of defense, he was scum.

I still wouldn't mind lynching Cesspit, but eh, I can never resist doing this.

unvote:the cesspit

vote:Pooky
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:So yeah ibby, I still find you suspicious largely due to the way you interacted with Pooky. Not much I can say... your scumhunting success today will tell everyone a lot more about your alignment.
Are you trying to imply that if I'm unsuccessful in lynching scum today that I must be scum? Because if you are, that's a rather high expectation you're placing on me. Especially in a game where you admit yourself that there's several people who are highly suspicious.

But hey, let's see what Ibby thought:
Ibby wrote:Fuldu - BAD FEELING and #1 suspect of 'nabbing bluemonick'.
MoS - Because I think if anyone is guilty of pushing a bullshit case on BJ it's him.
Yosarian - Because InHim probably was onto something even if I don't get it.
LML (Based on Max and the fact that mr scumhunter is lurking and not helping at all here)
mathcam - Because of what I've already said and I have this weird feeling that he may have given info to MoS to help with MoS's push on me yesterday in regards to BJ.
Alright, revised.

Fuldu - Yep, nothing has changed my mind. It even seemed that while me and MBL were arguing, Fuldu was happy to throw a jab in here and there, while not really getting too involved. Since his bluemonick catch, he hasn't done much to find scum, IMO, just going with the flow. Also, while people are happy to point at me, MoS, and mathcam about the BJ wagon, Fuldu was right there, pushing pretty damn hard as well, yet seems to have escaped any heat for it whatsoever.

Kurtz/Uraj - Looking back over Kurtz' behavior, his reaction to lordy seems to be feigned and not innocent/confused speculation as I believed it to be at the time he said it. I'm inclined to believe that he is the office mover and scum. (I believe the office mover -must- be scum now, for the record) Uraj looked good coming in, but he's been sending up red flags. His vote on me (for a genuine explosion), while FoSing MBL, then his switch to MBL when that looked heated up, and finally his attempt to cast suspicion on spectrumvoid, which despite his arguments against why I think she's innocent, causes me to be further suspicious.

MMOD - I've already stated what's bothering me about him. Buddying up to me vs MBL, nitpicking small subjects, while somewhat taking the fence on everything else. He's even unwilling to place a vote anywhere which furthers the fence-sitting perception of him that I have. He also seems to be half-heartedly defending Pooky (his fellow lurker).

Pooky - What can I say? I tried to give Pooky the benefit of the doubt because he's Pooky and even if people don't like it, that's how I am about him. HOWEVER, His Dr. House post screamed Pooky-scum to me and I would've been happy to keep my vote on Pooky (and continuing to pressure him) if it weren't for MBL derailing me with his craptastic "You're bluemonick's scumbuddy!' attack. (BTW, MBL when you're proven wrong on that I'm going to laugh my ass off at you for being suckered by an idiot like bluemonick the way you have been.) Anyways, I'm not impressed with what he's come up with since. It doesn't seem like Pooky's trying to find scum. He refuses to answer my questions because he wants MBL to ask, which is just freakin' lame and scummy.

Max/LML/STD - The only change since last time is that STD is posting. STD came in and gave a list of who he thought was suspicious and why. His main suspicion, mathcam, seemed to be based on nitpicking something that mathcam brought up about his own predecessor. He also nitpicked Yos's statement about offices having items, which I think is ridiculous. Since then he appears to be going with what looks popular and won't get him in trouble.

MoS - I'm not trusting MoS. This is primarily because of how the BJ thing came out. His behavior -appears- to be pro-town scumhunting, but I'm worried that it's an appearance and not true. The prime thing about him though ties into mathcam. I expect that if one is scum, so is the other. Basically, MoS pushed me specifically about BJ at a time where both BJ and InHim were being run up simulateously. I was the third person in our nightalk group so it seems a little convenient that the push on me about BJ came at that exact time. However, MoS couldn't have known about the connection between the three of us without another source, which would be mathcam.

mathcam - I have been back and forth about him all game. He doesn't come off as scummy to me, but I suppose that's part of mathcam being mathcam. The above concern having to do with MoS hasn't left my mind though and like STD, mathcam seems to be happy to go with what's popular and easy and will probably avoid conflict with others. A point in mathcam's favor is that he attempted to diffuse the argument between me and MBL, which I have a difficult time seeing scum do if indeed me and MBL are two townies at each other's throats.

Today, I'm most inclined to vote for any one of the top four people in this list because while I'm suspicious of the other three, it's not enough for me to want to lynch any of them and especially in the case with MoS, I'd hate to be wrong because if he is town, he's one of the few people actually sticking his neck out and putting some effort into this game.

What I want to know is if mathcam, MBL, and STD all think Fuldu is suspicious and a probable candidate for being scum, why have not one of you voted for him and in STD and mathcam's cases adopted what I see as 'easier' wagons. Cesspit and MMOD to be exact. Anyways, watch, you can do it, just like this.

unvote; vote: Fuldu

There. I've caught scum for the day. Go me. Oh wait, didn't I start there before MBL's began his assult on me? I did! Imagine that.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:31 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:
MBL wrote:So yeah ibby, I still find you suspicious largely due to the way you interacted with Pooky. Not much I can say... your scumhunting success today will tell everyone a lot more about your alignment.
Are you trying to imply that if I'm unsuccessful in lynching scum today that I must be scum?
No. I don't find you scummy for the BJ lynch. It's the perceived intent and effort, not necessarily the result, that matters most. Over time the results can add up.

You're awfully defensive.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:06 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Save The Dragons wrote:I'd be willing to go after Fuldu or Coron. Right now I think the play is Cess or MMoD.
Right now I can't think well.

Unvote
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:25 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:You're awfully defensive.
It has nothing at all to do with you being on my ass all day, I bet. Perhaps you should try another approach.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”