NY 160B - Welcome to Castle Zar - TIME FOR FIREWORKS!

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 am

Post by Zar »

Formerly, the two adjacent rooms to the Castle Chapel held the Armory. Because of the convenient location and quietness from the Chapel, the rooms were later converted into what is now the Castle Library.

Day 2, Votecount 5

Zachrulez
MagnaOfIllusion
(3): Ser Arthur Dayne, roflcopter, Konowa
DrippingGoofball
Kingmaker
(3): Tammy, SnowStorm, Zachrulez
BabySpice (1): Johhog
Johhog (1): BabySpice
Ser Arthur Dayne (1): DrippingGoofball
SnowStorm (1): DeasVail

Not Voting (2):
Empire, Nobody Special

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: Thursday, January 5th, 2013 12:15 PM New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2013-01-05 12:15:00)

Empire is V/LA until Wednesday
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:36 am

Post by Zar »

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT
Oh Dear, we apologize for confusing a Celebrity with their twin... we probably should be more in touch with Wonderwall or E! News.

Nachomamma8 replaces DrippingGoofball!
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

Nacho!!

What do you think of DGB's replace out?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:58 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 695, Johhog wrote:
In post 692, roflcopter wrote:dear joh, konowa is town, deasvail is scum. love rofl

What do you think about Baby Spice?

baby spice is the worthiest alternate if one of my previously mentioned top four does not turn out to be scum
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

RL problems are tieing me up for a couple of days.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Empire »

Alright, I'm back and I've read the thread. I'm a little tipsy right now so this post will probably be scattershot as all hell but oh well.

I had an awesome as fuck theory that the Mehdi wagon was all town and that the scum were trying to distance themselves from it for cred but there's a number of things throwing a wrench in that now.

About DGB's posting and replace-out: frankly, I don't get her posts at all, specifically her townread on MoI and the strength behind it. I don't know if she had read the game beforehand or if she was posting as she went along but if it's the latter, there is literally no way she could have read all of my and MoI's ISOs in the amount of time between those posts. Her refusal to explain her townreads seems like BS too and it's entirely possible she replaced out due to the pressure but I'm not sure. Right now, I'm just going to take her replace out as null - her actual play while she was around was pretty scummy though.

About DV/Snowstorm: Not sure at all here either, my initial impression when I read DV's case on Snowstorm was that he was trying to construe his posts as scummy in an attempt to get him lynched rather than he genuinely believing Snow's scum (hence the whole pushing him earlier today). What bothers me, though, is that I got the same impression from Snow's case on Kingmaker so that's really muddying my read on those three players. Only difference here is that I still see Snow's push in Mehdi D1 as fairly townie while I agree with roflcopter re: DV's play around Mehdi's hammer. I think I'm going to reread the entire thread again to see what's going on here.

MoI wagon is fine with me as I agree with what Tammy and others have brought up. It's really weird and unlike him to just park his vote on me and argue with me about playstyle differences/semantic nonsense and completely avoid commenting on the Mehdi wagon while it was growing. It's entirely possible here that he knew Mehdi was town and just kinda sat back and let the wagon happen in an attempt to distance himself from it but that's pretty tinfoil right now.

...so this is just a really long post where I basically say I have no clue who I want to vote today (though I'm leaning towards the MoI slot). Guess I'll just wait and see what Zach and Nacho have to bring to the table.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:55 am

Post by Tammy »

Waiting on zach or nacho to do something. Will vote for either at this point.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 am

Post by Tammy »

Oh empire I see where you're coming from on the snowstorm/kingmaker thing. My thing with snowstorm is that he's generally pretty hard to read and tends to be mislynch bait. I think I've only read him correctly early on a couple times and otherwise need some time to see how he develops and interacts with people and suspicion before I feel confident about my read on him.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 am

Post by Empire »

In post 707, Tammy wrote:Oh empire I see where you're coming from on the snowstorm/kingmaker thing. My thing with snowstorm is that he's generally pretty hard to read and tends to be mislynch bait. I think I've only read him correctly early on a couple times and otherwise need some time to see how he develops and interacts with people and suspicion before I feel confident about my read on him.

Yeah, I get the same impression from Snow re: him possibly being ML bait which is one of the things that rung alarm bells to me when I read DV's case.

Actually, now that I think about it, here's another thing: I just read through your ISO and a lot of the rapid-fire, seemingly leading questions you ask Mehdi would seem to fall under DV's category of "attempting to elicit an incriminating a response." If that's the standard, why doesn't DV seem to consider applying it to you as well and focuses on Snow?

Another issue I have is that Kingmaker is another player that comes off like he's ML bait too. Certainly, a look at Zar's Mini Normal gives off that impression (he was really lurky/low content there).
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 706, Tammy wrote:Waiting on zach or nacho to do something. Will vote for either at this point.

Still have to read day 1, but I'm fully committed to the death of DGB's slot after her interaction with you. That whole flipout to me reads as a terrible excuse to not actually address questions you posed to her. I can't comprehend how any of that comes from someone who legitimately feels someone's been rude to them/disrespected... I can't even see where anything you said could even have come across that way.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:53 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 708, Empire wrote:
In post 707, Tammy wrote:Oh empire I see where you're coming from on the snowstorm/kingmaker thing. My thing with snowstorm is that he's generally pretty hard to read and tends to be mislynch bait. I think I've only read him correctly early on a couple times and otherwise need some time to see how he develops and interacts with people and suspicion before I feel confident about my read on him.

Yeah, I get the same impression from Snow re: him possibly being ML bait which is one of the things that rung alarm bells to me when I read DV's case.

Actually, now that I think about it, here's another thing: I just read through your ISO and a lot of the rapid-fire, seemingly leading questions you ask Mehdi would seem to fall under DV's category of "attempting to elicit an incriminating a response." If that's the standard, why doesn't DV seem to consider applying it to you as well and focuses on Snow?

Another issue I have is that Kingmaker is another player that comes off like he's ML bait too. Certainly, a look at Zar's Mini Normal gives off that impression (he was really lurky/low content there).

Kingmaker does have a tendency to lurky/low content as either alignment, which is what snowstorm was talking about in about his lackluster play. But in the game you linked, he seems more engaged in the game. Hmm...the last two times he was mafia at westeros, he was partnered with snowstorm which is why I was interested in snowstorms input on kingmaker, I'll see if I can make my way through the alts sometime today.

I can't answer the question about dv.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 709, Zachrulez wrote:Still have to read day 1, but I'm fully committed to the death of DGB's slot after her interaction with you. That whole flipout to me reads as a terrible excuse to not actually address questions you posed to her. I can't comprehend how any of that comes from someone who legitimately feels someone's been rude to them/disrespected... I can't even see where anything you said could even have come across that way.

DGB isn't the kind of person to feel "threatened" or "pressured" enough by that question to just replace out...
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 711, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 709, Zachrulez wrote:Still have to read day 1, but I'm fully committed to the death of DGB's slot after her interaction with you. That whole flipout to me reads as a terrible excuse to not actually address questions you posed to her. I can't comprehend how any of that comes from someone who legitimately feels someone's been rude to them/disrespected... I can't even see where anything you said could even have come across that way.

DGB isn't the kind of person to feel "threatened" or "pressured" enough by that question to just replace out...

She isn't the kind of person to react to someone the way she did here either. I'm not terribly interested in arguing what kind of person DGB is if the argument is going to go in circles. (And it can because that reaction to Tammy was very unlike DGB.) What I do know is that her response shut down a question posed to her by Tammy, one that was legitimate.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Baby Spice can die next. Analyzing the Mehdi wagon
before the flip
and calling him town for utterly crummy reasons just resonates like she knew what he'd flip. (Knew vs reasoned.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Still reading, but think Johhog and Tammy are town.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:03 am

Post by roflcopter »

joh, your sole vote on baby spice is currently a wasted vote
baby, your sole vote on joh is currently a wasted vote

with deadline so close all votes not on one of the two currently leading wagons are wasted votes.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 20, Konowa wrote:ArcAngel's reactions now won't be as genuine if pressure built as NS told her there was nothing to fear.

This was a silly reason to be disappointed, but it seemed genuine as hell to me. I don't think Konowa's first move as scum would be to fake disappointment in not being to read his pressure RVS wagon.

In post 33, Empire wrote:which is awkward and the reasoning he provides for it feels like reaching.

I hate that you vote someone for reaching as early as page 2.

NS reads as town, but Johhog is a wonderfully strong town read.

Tammy is a strong townread, and I don't really understand her #30 townread on Empire.

#173 gives me a decent townread on MoI.

SAD is town from Mehdi interactions.

Empire townread now (#263), although I'm still curious in Tammy's initial reasoning.

deas is town.

holy fuck baby spice is scum.

and I almost called roflcopter town, but hell no he isn't.

In post 702, DeasVail wrote:Nacho!!

What do you think of DGB's replace out?

Sudden. I think the "I'm claiming vanilla, go ahead and lynch the slot if you want" was something that she probably wouldn't do since the frustration would be genuine either way and I seriously doubt that she would screw over scumbuddies unless the people frustrating her were on her team.

I'll catch up more in-depth later, but deas, zach, SAD, tammy, Johhog, and empire are all strong townreads to me.
NS is a strong townread, but there's something I want to check up on before I set that in stone.
Konowa is a decently strong townread, but I still need more from him.
Baby Spice, SnowStorm, and rofl are scumreads.

Vote: Baby Spice
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:53 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 708, Empire wrote:Actually, now that I think about it, here's another thing: I just read through your ISO and a lot of the rapid-fire, seemingly leading questions you ask Mehdi would seem to fall under DV's category of "attempting to elicit an incriminating a response." If that's the standard, why doesn't DV seem to consider applying it to you as well and focuses on Snow?

Eh, I have a townread on Tammy. It's not really the leading questions that are a problem by themselves (as I've realised I ask them too), but I believe his questions were more to look like he was scumhunting than anything else. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, or if I'm even right about it, but basically I feel his play was focused on lynching Mehdi and looking town and not
reading
Mehdi.

Nacho, why Baby Spice over SnowStorm? I'm thinking of voting for her now, but the fact that NO ONE is really considering SnowStorm at all, when there is really nothing townish about him makes me want to vote him more, although the reasoning for that is probably illogical.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:57 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I'm willing to vote either Zach or Nacho. I think DGB was scum and replaced out after seeing what kind of position her slot was in. (Maybe.)

I know someone (Tammy?) asked me about Baby Spice but I can't read that right now; I might get an opinion before deadline.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:59 am

I can get on a Baby Spice wagon.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 pm

In post 716, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Eh, I don't know, these seem like easy targets to focus on, which is actually what's concerning me about voting Baby Spice. Eh, considering what this slot has gone through, I'd also be willing to vote for Nacho.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by Konowa »

Zach and Nacho are my preferred lynches for the Day.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 650, DeasVail wrote:Also, SnowStorm, read on MoI/his slot. Go.

Null, which is why I hadn't commented on him. I was also waiting to see what he had to say about the little wagon on him.

I really did not like that Goofball replacement and I'm not really liking Nacho either, so that slot is still my preferred lynch.

I'm also not liking the sudden attention BabySpice is getting. It seems fishy...
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Unvote: SnowStorm

Mostly for what I've said before. The biggest thing is attacking everyone who suspected Mehdi, without really trying to stop his lynch, which I feel is natural for town to do if they had such a strong townread. Otherwise doesn't seem very town either.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 716, Nachomamma8 wrote:
I'll catch up more in-depth later, but deas, zach, SAD, tammy, Johhog, and empire are all strong townreads to me.
NS is a strong townread, but there's something I want to check up on before I set that in stone.
Konowa is a decently strong townread, but I still need more from him.

Nacho, what are the reasons behind your scum reads? And how strong are your strong town reads? I find it weird that you're giving such strong town reads with so few reasoning behind them, especially since you haven't even fully(/deeply?) caught up with the game.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”