Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

It wasn't a US holiday this weekend, and I severely doubt that all 9 or 10 of the people who weren't posting are from Canada or are Jewish (I believe there was a Jewish holiday on Saturday). There is no good excuse for people to say almost nothing for 72 hours in a game. As for my prod/deadline requests, that was specifically to get people posting. It's not like a deadline isn't retractable if activity picks up, and my requesting it has already picked up on activity. Look, we've had another 4 posts in the last 3 hours, where we only had like 6 posts in previous 72. I'd say my request served it's purpose, if you ask me. When things get out of hand, extreme problems require extreme measures. That's what I did, and if you have a problem with it, live with it.

Armlx, you're going to have to do better than just a general statement of displeasure. Which "wagons" do you take issue with, and why? I spent an hour doing a PBPA of TheCesspit because people kept asking me to rehash my suspicions, and I'm sure as hell not gonna let you just sit aside and ignore it. If you don't agree with me, give me a reason why, don't just say it's not "overly useful". That's a bunch of crap, and you know it.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:03 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

fos:armlx

He lurks all game, contribute next to nothing for months, and then attack MOS as soon as he calls out lurkers?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

TheCesspit (4): Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2, Save The Dragons, Fuldu
mystery meat of doom (2): mathcam, ibaesha
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Uraj45
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:05 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Today's Columbus Day, MoS, which for whatever reason is a federal holiday. Lots of schools are closed, most people with government jobs have the day off. Basically, anything associated with the government is out today, though very little else.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:26 pm

Post by ibaesha »

ibaesha wrote:Candadian holiday aside, I'm happy to leave my vote where it is until MMOD posts something substantial that leads me to believe he's not scum or is replaced by someone who does the same.
No change.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:57 am

Fuldu wrote:Today's Columbus Day, MoS, which for whatever reason is a federal holiday. Lots of schools are closed, most people with government jobs have the day off. Basically, anything associated with the government is out today, though very little else.
Oh damn, that came and went without me even noticing. I'm used to having a break for the weekend, but my college is ev0l and didn't give us anything :(
Permanent V/LA.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:04 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

stupid private lib arts school not giving me a day off...

I thought Columbus day was the 12th, though...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Save The Dragons wrote:stupid private lib arts school not giving me a day off...

I thought Columbus day was the 12th, though...
Well, the official day, maybe. I'm not sure. But it's always observed on a Monday.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:12 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

As shitty as many people are in this game, Pooky takes the cake. He last appeared to tell us his master plan two weeks ago, then disappeared.

It's clear this town doesn't have a clue. If Pooky was town, he'd see that and offer guidance based on the amazing three days of info he's dredged up with his "Dr. House" plan. But he doesn't offer a thing, and it's not like holding back is helpful at this point. If we lynch wrong today, we're pretty much fucked.

I say we lynch Pooky. Based on his behavior, there's almost no way he's pro-town. I do want to hear from mmod first.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:41 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

sorry guys, no excuse, I just didn't get around to posting. Give me a few minutes and I'll post my thoughts.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Major FoS: MBL

If I wasn't already voting scum, and if you hadn't made me even more sure that he's scum based on your actions, I'd be voting you now.
MrBuddyLee wrote: 2.
MrBuddyLee wrote:cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all--they are probably scum.
I also commented on Cesspit's scumminess twice earlier in the thread. So a negative nineteen points to MoS for not reading the thread to see that I've already said Cesspit is scummy three times. Scum is too lazy to read the thread. But then again, so's this whole damned town...
Let's look at that, shall we?
MrBuddyLee wrote:
TheCesspit wrote:this comment makes me sure BabyJesus is a lying liar scum.

Yes, I've voted between HP and BJ. Why, because I think both are scum, but can't work out which is the scummier. I think BJ is trying to throw his scum partner under the bus for a later attack.
I don't like the certitude of these statements.
Then TheCesspit responds to you, and you never address this issue again.
MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm thinking Ibby is scum. There's something about her attitude that's disconcerting. Vague threats without delivering on the specifics.

FOS: Cesspit
for helping scum narrow down the officer mover. I think it's more than likely that the office mover is protown.
Again, Cesspit defends himself and you leave him alone.
MrBuddyLee wrote: The lurkers are useless--they should be replaced immediately. cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all--they are probably scum. Everyone else just isn't trying. And I'd rather not lose, so if you're town, kick it up a notch please.
You group TheCesspit in with cam and I in a generally accusation of scumminess, and never come back to it.
MrBuddyLee wrote:
cam wrote:The point that made me sure that BJ was scum was this
I think mathcam is scum and cesspit's protecting him for whatever reason. Cam's smarter than to lynch BJ primarily on that claim. He's a highly logical player and that reasoning simply doesn't cut it.

unvote, vote: mathcam
This accusation still doesn't make sense to me. You have been questioned on it multiple times, and have chose to ignore it completely.

MrBuddyLee wrote:No, no I'm not scum. Please explain to me, Fuldu, why trying to drag the (not one, not two) SEVEN megalurkers we have in this game into sunlight is a bad idea. And it's not all I've done--I've commented on the scumminess I see in cam, cesspit and Ibby, primarily due to their indifferent tone. I'm also surprised Yos is taking the impending loss as well as he is, and I'm thinking there's something not quite right with that either.

I'll admit that I'm losing faith in the possibility that town can win this game. But I'll tell you one thing--if you kill me as town, you'll have the same lurker problem tomorrow as you face right now. How do you plan on sorting the scum from the lazy then?
Here you lump TheCesspit in with Ibby and cam, talking about how you're already commented on their scumminess, for a reason that you've
never accused of him.

MrBuddyLee wrote:THE LYNCHING OF OUR ONLY SCUM

PART I: THE WAGON
Fuldu wrote:Huh? I don't understand BMQ's argument against Yosarian and I
really
don't understand bluemonick's jump to that bandwagon. It seems like BMQ is suggesting that Yosarian's playstyle is different from past games, which I don't see, but if he'd care to elaborate a bit more, I might. But bluemonick is new enough that that can't be what he's saying. And the comment about "less of an investigator" and "more like 'laying back'" is, frankly, nonsense. Yosarian seems to me to be pushing as hard at the issues he finds important in this game as he usually does. I happen not to find the particular issue he's chosen to be especially noteworthy, but I can see the logic behind it. Coupled with the fact that he got himself blowed up, which seems likely to be a scum mechanism, I think this looks like a scummy pair of votes.

vote: bluemonick
ibaesha wrote:
Fuldu wrote:Many things that I agree with.
unvote; vote bluemonick
bluemonick wrote:
ibaesha wrote:Bogre claimed vanilla townie at like 4 votes or something.
Yosarian2 wrote:Oh, I forgot about that.

Can we just lynch him, then?
ibaesha wrote:I'm up for that. I really doubt a major change before deadline.
unvote; vote Bogre
I think that puts him at lynch -1. Anyone got a hammah?
I think these posts need to be reread and looked back on. Bogre claimed townie but yet he was still lynched by this two towards the end. Yosaiain2, that is really suspicious, you just saying, "Can we just lynch him, then?" Isnt that what a Scum wants to do, Lycnch Townies.

Ibaesha, you seem to be following the footsteps of Ibaesha as these posts I quoted were 3 posts right in a row. To me both of you are Suspiciosus right now, and seem to be working as Scum Partners. I already voted for Yosaiain2 so:
FOS: Ibaesha

And this is the main reason I voted for Yosaisin2 but didnt explain it then all of a sudden people start to bandwagon me for no apparent reason than "I seemed to agree with so and so to easily". Im sorry I just didnt explain myself better.
bluemonick wrote:
Ibaesha, you seem to be following the footesteps of YOSAIAIN2.........
bluemonick, going down in flames wrote:More than likely..........ibaesha.
Because he's very Scumadeltic
You want a Claim? Im Scum. the Last Post was Committing Sucide already.
Btw, Nabbed by my Own Scum Partner.
Yaw wrote:bluemonick (12): Fuldu, ibaesha, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid,
Fritzler, Brian McQueso
, TheCesspit,
Masterchief
, Colonel Kurtz,
BabyJesus
, Max,
the silent speaker
Anyone who doesn't think scum jumped on that wagon as quick as possible is a monkey's uncle. There was very little reason not to bus bluemonick.

Pooky, spectrumvoid, Cesspit, Kurtz, Max all piled on the bluemonick wagon with little ado. It was a wagon that evolved, if you believe in conspiracy theories, to take the heat off Colonel Kurtz who was one of the leading vote getters at the time.

Of the various reasonings for votes on bluemonick, Kurtz's was the oddest.

Also, note that while Fuldu made the case against bluemonick, it was Ibby who bluemonick zeroed in on and tried to implicate. It's such a bizarre transposition that you'd almost have to think that either he was genuinely pissed at his scumpartner or that he intentionally picked Ibby to "cleverly" conceal the fact that it was scumpartner Fuldu who really nailed him.

I'll be VERY surprised if neither of {Fuldu, Ibby} are scum. I'll also be surprised if both are.

PART II: THE AFTERMATH

The next day, no one talked about the strange goings on at the end of yesterday. I imagine it had been the hot topic amongst scum the night before:

(a)"Wow, he tried to set up pro-town Ibby, at least he went out half smart."
or
(b)"Wow, he tried to take you out, Ibbs. What a complete jackass."

If (a), I'd expect scum to have at least taken a poke at her the next day.

If (b), I imagine the gameplan for the next morning was to talk about something else entirely and see if people would just forget the nasty goings on.

What happened?

Kurtz
spectrumvoid
Yos
MoS
Cesspit
All come out quick with distractions. "Jeez, I thought Lordy was scum," followed by a long two-page dissertation on the office-blower-upper.

I feel terrible for Ibby if she got outed by her scumpartner, but it easily could have been WIFOM as well. The reaction the next day makes me more likely to believe, however, that her scumpartners pushed an agenda of distraction in the morning.

I am open to alternative interpretations.
Here's the first semi-strong attack you made on TheCesspit. He piled on the bluemonick wagon and then seem to want to distract away from it. However, you had, up to this point, completely ignored all of the charges I had brought against TheCesspit, one which I had specifically asked you to comment on. This was your response to my request, as quoted earlier in this post:
MrBuddyLee wrote: 2.
MrBuddyLee wrote:cam, Mos and cesspit are not trying to find scum at all--they are probably scum.
I also commented on Cesspit's scumminess twice earlier in the thread. So a negative nineteen points to MoS for not reading the thread to see that I've already said Cesspit is scummy three times. Scum is too lazy to read the thread. But then again, so's this whole damned town...
None of your accusations against Cesspit had anything to do with my points against him, so you completely sidestepped the issue.
MrBuddyLee wrote:I made the bluemonick case in my past few posts, but to get the full impact you need to go back and read the thread from the moment he entered the game.

Same with Max... read his posts and people's reactions to him and give your impressions. It's just... not right.

More in depth on Cesspit to come.
This was the last post you ever made regarding TheCesspit. Now I came along and put in effort to restate my arguments against TheCesspit in full, and you not only completely ignore me AGAIN, you try to push a lynch on a lurker to distract from the charges against him. So far this game you have just lightly pressured TheCesspit without ever following up on your suspicions, which has effectively been a distancing tactic designed to not get TheCesspit under fire from other people too much. Other than your weak distancing arguments, you have completely ignored anything having to do with TheCesspit, even when directly asked to comment on him. At first I was just annoyed that you weren't paying attention, but this is way too much to be coincidence. I'm pretty sure now that you are TheCesspit's scumbuddy, so I'll be sure to vote you tomorrow.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you're 100% wrong.

I reread a week or so ago, expecting that since you were SO convinced, MoS, that Cesspit's utter scumminess would leap off the pages at me and I'd stab him in the heart personally.

Instead, he just appeared a tiny bit scummier than the rest of you, and probably less scummy than a few including Pooky.

If it tickles you, maybe I'll read again and post details of my modest indifference on the issue.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:36 pm

You certainly haven't done a good job of posting a reasonable argument to convince anyone that those people you speak of are scummier. Here's the point where Seol would say "gotcha on dwa". The only exception is that rather than it being a weak argument, it was just the easiest one to answer to. So, "gotcha on dea" is more appropriate. Gotcha, MBL!
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:27 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

So you're saying Pooky's actions look protown then. Nice.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:10 pm

Great. Now you're misrepresenting me while STILL ignoring the arguments against you.
Permanent V/LA.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Post by mathcam »

MOS: Let me just say it's great when you actually participate. I think your post 1085 was pretty strong.

Unvote: Mmod, Vote: The Cesspit

and I'll be casting a leering eye at MBL if Cesspy turns out to be scum.

Cam
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:19 pm

I try sometimes. Skipping class is fun.
Permanent V/LA.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:45 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

I totally missed my tuesday deadline by 45 minutes, but let's just ignore that shall we.

About Ibby and MBL: I'm taking the side of Ibby. 'Nuf said.

I had an early suspicion of Yos in day 1, where it seemed like he was trying to derail viper wagon for mlaker. I also liked someone else's argument about when Yos voiced his question about items. Some said it was weak, but I find that a very interesting fact that works against him, since he claimed 'nilla town.

I really don't see why people aren't running up H_P since I think it was MOS, who brought up good points against him yesterday.

I need to collect my thoughts some more before placing a vote, but I'm most suspicious of HP, MBL and Yos atm, from what I remember from my read-through.
Buy mystery meat.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:28 pm

What do you think of TheCesspit? Or Pooky (to humor MBL)?
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Jeez, I don't believe you're actually taking that stupid crap about items as a serious attack against me.

The queau thread:
Yaw wrote:Your name is Jack. As a good Jack, you have the inherent ability to perform any task, as long as you have the tools to do so. You work in the offices of ACME Industries, a place with many marvellous inventions...so when killers infiltrate the office you will have to use the tools you have to drive them out.
The first post:
Yaw wrote:Welcome to ACME Industries, where 26 work at creating inventions for the world. (While your company in known for the zany stuff sent to Wile E. Coyote, you actually make most of your revenue selling useful and less exciting items.) All of you are Jacks of all trades, skilled in performing any task as long as you have the equipment available. Unfortunately, evil elements are trying to take over the company, and it will take your unique skills to drive them off.
And my PM said that my office was empty, therefore I had no abilities.

If anyone in the game didn't know that there were things in each office that gave different people different roles, then they simply weren't paying attention.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:25 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Guys, please isolate MoS's posts and do a search on "Pook".

Classic avoidance and/or protection. Look at the energy he's putting into attacking Cesspit while COMPLETELY ignoring the serious Pooky problem we have.

MoS, your opinion on Pooky this game please. Do you buy the "Dr. House" thing? Why have you avoided addressing the Pooky issue until being forced to discuss it?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:35 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

I did the search... While I agree that MOS has been attacking TCP, he did mention this:

Fri Aug 25
this is a bit more normal for pooky than BJ, esp. since he's been in China and had off and on access

Hence probably why he didn't talk about the Pooky issue.
Blank.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:30 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

That was a month and a half ago...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:12 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

FOS: Pooky
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:21 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ps. MoS should know that Pooky's been at school in the U.S., at least as far as I know, since early September. So the China excuse really doesn't hold.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”