pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Post by pablito »

I agree with MBL on that.

Also, more pressure on UberTimmy is good. I've been saying that for weeks now, glad to see someone finally see what I'd been saying.
Sup, later.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Thok wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Why 'even Thok'?

Sorry about that, I meant to say you need good reasons for accusing someone. (My defence: vote counts are so confusing this game... I went by tone of posts instead of vote numbers :( )

Well, yes, his play could be different. But different play does not = scum or = town, it's just a matter of playstyle, not alignment.
That's exactly my point. the fact that he's playing differently does not in and of itself point towards a particular alignment, but if you look at the particular playstyle he's using, while it may not be optimal protown play, there are earmarks here and there that point to him being protown, as I've already pointed out.
I didn't say that Phoebus's play suggests that he is protown; I said that the interaction of his play with yours suggests that it's not the case that both of you are scum. I am not ready yet to rule out the case that your scumdar is just off.
Then why are you voting me, and not him? Clearly you are more inclined to believe I'm scum and he's town than vice versa.
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, okay, so I ended up going out with some friends and didn't get around to posting. I super-duper promise that I'll post Tuesday sometime. Before noon. I'm really sorry. I've just let this game slip and I hate it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Whatever.
unvote MOS, unvote Amelislay, confirm vote Vaughn

Vaughn has made two posts in this game since I proclaimed that I wanted him executed (for his attack on PJ and his response to my defense), one asking me to explain why I wanted him dead and one saying "I'll catch up to this game", which was three days ago at the beginning of a weekend. He has also posted in Leekspin and Committee in that interval.

I am not willing to put up with Vaughn lurking in this game.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't like lurking too, but why pick on one when so many people are lurking too?
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:55 am

Because he also has a personal issue with Vaughn, since he had already asked for him to be executed.
Permanent V/LA.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:43 am

Post by pablito »

I don't like the Vaughn lurking, but I don't find him scummy.

I'm currently buying the MoS argument regarding Phoebus.
I still don't see Phoebus as being more scummy than frustrating.

vote: Rosso Carne
for all the lurkers and non-posters I find his case the most compelling. He missed the original signup deadline and now that he's in the game, there's basically nothing of substance from him. I would've expected more passion from him in this specific game.
Sup, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by Glork »

Assorted thoughts...

Rikimaru looks like a townie to me. Pablito listed possible suspicions of Riki in Post 89, but I basically disagree with him completely. I think that Riki's comment "I don't get it, are they distancing?" looks like curious, mildly-confused townie. Not scumbag planting the seeds of our demise.

I still don't know what to think of Pablito's defense of me. If he turns up town, I want him to explain this in postgame, because I really don't understand it.

Fritzler's pro-town, I think. And Cardboardbox strikes me as a pro-town newbie.

I really wanna vote MBL, but I don't think he's scum. I think he's acting like an idiot, and acting somewhat scummy... but I don't think he's scum. For now.

MoS is also a fucking moron. I don't like the "not voting" thing one bit. The "then read my posts and don't skim looking for votes" bit is bullshit. Votes, FoSes, IGMEOYs, and general suspicions are usually seen as different levels of suspicion. You should be making use of, at the very least, the first and the last. FoS/IGMEOY is optional, but they're pretty widely used and understood.

I wonder if Fritz's attacks on CrashTextDummie have some merit... I need to look into this later.

Thok doesn't sit well with me. I like Yos so far. The more I read, the less I like MoS's "I'm not going to vote" idea.

Is it just me or is the middle line of Post 199 teh ubar-scummy?

PJ's pro-town. End of story.

Pooky made a big ol' case against me in Post 211. I responded to this case in Post 218. To my knowledge, Pooky never responded to my rebuttal. That don't sit well with me.
Vote: Pooky
at least until I get a follow-up from him. I don't like when people go out of their way to make a case against someone and then just drop that case completely.

Post 225 just irritates me. I was being a bit immature (though I maintain that I meant no harm with my comments). Pablito's comment that I'm "trying to improve on [my] performance from Kingmaker the first" doesn't even apply.

:goodposting: by 'Slay.

For all the attention that bird1111 has gotten, I really don't have a reading on him either way. I just don't get anything from his posts. *Shrug*

Posts 248/249 reiterate my opinoin that MBL is being moronic. But moronic MBL usually means pro-town MBL. Usually.

Rosso's general hostility towars me doesn't surprise me (heck, his sig contains a completely unprovoked "glork sucks" quote), but I don't really like it. What I *do* find suspicious, though, is Post 277. I've already stated why I think Pooky may be scum. The fact that Rosso is quoting an overstated and completely-abandoned case with a mere ":goodposting:" makes me wonder. I'll
Vote: Rosso Carne
for good measure. Post 278 isn't very reassuring. "PJ is scum, no doubt about it"? I believe there is a great deal of doubt surrounding PJ's alignment.

I
really
don't like Post 289. I can't really explain why.
IGMEOY: Thok

In response to MBL's Post 317: Did you ever read Graduation Mafia? Rosso acted like a freaking moron in that game, and he was scum then. I think he's just a moron in general.

Don't like Rosso's excuse in Post 322. I will also note that his promise to elaborate went completely unfulfilled.
Confirm Vote: Rosso

The only person on PJ's initial LoE that I really advocate lynching today would be ChannelDelibird. Pablito is still an enigma to me, and I'm irritated with Phoebus' attitude. And as I said before, I just don't see the birdwagon.

Vote: CrashTextDummie
. Placeholder vote. I'm thinking Fritz may have found something, and I want to investigate what that something is.

Post 380 looks so laaaaazy!
FoS: Pablito
. I'm feeling a little better about his place on the LoE.

I pretty much agree with Post 398 completely. Finally MBL doesn't act like a lazy goof and his suspicions make sense. They pretty much parallel how I feel.

*SMACK* MoS for Post 405. For someone who's justifying his not-voting in part by telling people to read the entire game/thread carefully, he's not doing a very good job of it himself.

That's about it.

I'd like to see an execution out of one of the following: ChannelDelibird, Pooky, Rosso, Pablito, CrashTextDummie.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:59 pm

Post by Thok »

If I am at the IGMEOY level with Glrok, then I'm quite happy with my posting/observations.

Do you have any thoughts on Vaughn?
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by Glork »

Not really. Vaughn's tough for me to read. I don't want him dead yet, though. He hasn't done anything to strike me as particularly scummy.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

(shrug) With no night info at all and not even much of a voting record, every person who's not contributing is a major strike against the town. If the kings' not going to kill my primary suspect Phoebus, I wouldn't mind him killing any of the lurkers, including Vaughn. Semi-lurkers contribute absolutly nothing to the town this game, not even a vote.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by Glork »

If that's the criteria, I'd advocate a Pooky execution
MUCH
more than a Vaughn execution. Pooky has feigned participation a couple of times, but doesn't seem to actually be doing anything.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:23 pm

Glork wrote: *SMACK* MoS for Post 405. For someone who's justifying his not-voting in part by telling people to read the entire game/thread carefully, he's not doing a very good job of it himself.
I only said that because people complained about not being able to read me because I'm not voting. Everyone else is voting, and I already know where I stand, so the comment didn't apply to me. :lol:
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:26 pm

Post by Glork »

:roll:
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
cardb0ardb0x
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by cardb0ardb0x »

why hasn't ubertimmy said anything? by the way, is there any particular reason why his avatar is pretty much the same as shadowlurker's?
Every possible situation in mafia is a WIFOM situation of varying complexity. Therefore, all logic is useless, so, just don't vote for yourself, and don't vote for me, and you'll be ok.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:09 pm

Post by pablito »

I'd also be for a Pooky execution more than a Vaughn execution. Then again, I'd be for a lot more executions than a Vaughn one.
Sup, later.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:11 pm

cardb0ardb0x wrote:why hasn't ubertimmy said anything? by the way, is there any particular reason why his avatar is pretty much the same as shadowlurker's?
It's the other way around.
Permanent V/LA.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:23 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Glork wrote:Fritzler's pro-town, I think. And Cardboardbox strikes me as a pro-town newbie.
duh
Glork wrote:I wonder if Fritz's attacks on CrashTextDummie have some merit... I need to look into this later.
everything i say has intrinsic merit
Glork wrote:
Vote: CrashTextDummie
. Placeholder vote. I'm thinking Fritz may have found something, and I want to investigate what that something is.
duh
Glork wrote:I'd like to see an execution out of one of the following:
ChannelDelibird, Pooky, Rosso, Pablito,
CrashTextDummie.
fixed
Surfs up dude.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:23 pm

Post by Fritzler »

ps check out the sig
Surfs up dude.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ugh. I certainly wish these analyses had been done earlier, so I don't only have one real life day to consider them. I will be finished with my chemistry laboratory tomorrow hopefully around 6:00 pm PST.

Mod
, what time zone is the deadline in? Can I have until 11:59 pm
my
time?

Also, I think I am going to have to do away with my LoE. I suppose it served a purpose, but many of the newest suggestions for execution are not players on my LoE at all, and include things I hadn't really noticed (or at least did not saw the possible significance of) originally, but are things I feel I need to consider.

I can no longer guarantee that my choice of execution will be somebody from my current List. This would not have been the case if I was not under a deadline, where I would simply have revised my List and worked from there, so hopefully nobody holds that against me. I still think the system works as a general guideline, but under a deadline I feel like it is unraveling and might restrict my options.

I will try to gather my thoughts at the moment (although I will try to spend all the time possible to review the game tomorrow after chemistry). As you can tell, there are still a number of people I have not reviewed in great detail, and they will be categorized in the middle section. I
may
execute one of them if I see a compelling case against one of them, but I do already have a few people I think would make better choices of an execution.

People I Will Not Execute

Thok
Glork
Mastermind of Sin
Fritzler
MrBuddyLee
Cardb0ardb0x
Pablito

People I Do Not Strongly Consider for Execution

AmeliaSlay
ChannelDelibird
Dead Rikimaru
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mert
Nightson
PookytheMagicalBear
spectrumvoid
Twomz
UberTimmy
Vaughn
Yosarian2

People I Strongly Consider for Execution

Phoebus
Bird1111
Rosso Carne

I also think I should detail my thoughts on Bird1111 a little bit more, since people either seem to not get my case or do not feel it has much merit. Simply put:

Bird1111 began the game with something like a "projected" OMGUS, voting Glork because he voted for
me
. I just took it as a way for him to endear himself into my good graces, or something. Maybe I was reading too much into it at first, but then Bird1111 votes Pablito here:
Bird1111 wrote:Unvote, Vote pablito, partly because he asked for it, partly because he's defending Glork
And this vote seems to have a somewhat legitimate basis. Later, Bird1111 comes back with a revote on Glork (which tells me that his vote
should
express at least some actual suspicion, else he should not replace a random vote when he already has a reasoned vote). When I asked him about this strange ordering of votes, and after minimal pressure, we have:
Bird1111 wrote:Come to think of it, I did go too far with my joke votes Unvote Glork Unvote Pablito
Which I am not feeling is completely true (given the vote on Pablito), and even if this
is
true, I think it is rather scummy. Coming to the thread simply to unvote without offering anything more to the game does nothing to make me believe somebody is more likely to be town. I am also getting a vibe of "don't pay attention to me", especially considering the fact that Bird1111 has not posted for
over twenty days
, but has posted elsewhere on Mafia Scum. I have a hard time reading lurkers, so if worse comes to worse, I have no problem in having them replaced, or culling them off. Lurkers who I also consider to be scummy (and by way of lurking have avoided recent detection) only strengthens my general policy.

Mod
if
I do not execute Bird1111 today, can he be replaced by somebody more active?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:02 pm

Post by Twomz »

lol

I've been having a hard time gathering thoughts on people in this game for some reason. Sorry i haven't been posting as much as i normally do.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:20 pm

Post by Glork »

PJ wrote:Mod, what time zone is the deadline in? Can I have until 11:59 pm my time?
Considering both you and BMQ live on the west coast of the U.S., I'm guessing that the deadline is set for 11:59 PM PST. I could be mistaken, though. *Shrug*
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:24 pm

Post by Fritzler »

petroleumjelly wrote:

Thok
Glork
Mastermind of Sin
Fritzler
MrBuddyLee
Cardb0ardb0x
Pablito

AmeliaSlay
ChannelDelibird
Dead Rikimaru
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mert
Nightson
PookytheMagicalBear
spectrumvoid
Twomz
UberTimmy
Vaughn
Yosarian2

People I Strongly Consider for Execution

Phoebus
Bird1111
Rosso Carne
the lack of CTD on any list is extremely suspect
Surfs up dude.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Jeez, that was silly. Thought I had included everybody.

Thok
Glork
Mastermind of Sin
Fritzler
MrBuddyLee
Cardb0ardb0x
Pablito

AmeliaSlay
ChannelDelibird
CrashTextDummie