Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 3:40 am

Post by Someone »

Vote for me all you want, Someone... the fact remains that you have been intentionally misleading the Town by repeatedly saying that I'm voting for you when I'm not.
And right now YOU are misleading the town by saying that i'm still claiming that you're voting for me. The only time Ive said that is my first post and have since retracted my statement.
And you know what the most fun thing about all of this is? I wanted to hear more from you because you had (and still have) failed to allay my suspicions, and the only thing you do is rant and rave about my FoS.
This is because you haven't gave any reason to justify your FOS. If I would just FOS you for no reason stated whatsoever, would you just take it like nothing happened?
That'd be almost funny if it weren't such an obvious ploy to avoid attention. The reasons to be suspicious of you are well documented throughout the thread, and the only thing preventing people from voting for you and lynching you because of those reasons is the fact that no one really trusts DP's "Grandpa" claim or his sanity. I really don't care how often you post... I care what you have to say in those posts. So far all I see is smoke and mirrors.

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT I AM GUILTY???
HOW DOES GRANDPA"S SAINITY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME???
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:38 am

Post by rite »

If you don't mind, let me address some of the issues with a clear mind, as I'm sure Dourgrim's is clogged with frustration now (as is yours
Someone wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:And you know what the most fun thing about all of this is? I wanted to hear more from you because you had (and still have) failed to allay my suspicions, and the only thing you do is rant and rave about my FoS.
This is because you haven't gave any reason to justify your FOS.
Wrong. A gut feeling is as good as any to FOS someone, in fact, it's what they are there for. In most people's opinions, the only time you need to "justify" yourself is a vote. For a precedent, look at
any
mafia game on this site. There is almost always an FOS because of a "gut feeling."
Someone wrote:
Dourgrim wrote:That'd be almost funny if it weren't such an obvious ploy to avoid attention. The reasons to be suspicious of you are well documented throughout the thread, and the only thing preventing people from voting for you and lynching you because of those reasons is the fact that no one really trusts DP's "Grandpa" claim or his sanity. I really don't care how often you post... I care what you have to say in those posts. So far all I see is smoke and mirrors.

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT I AM GUILTY???
HOW DOES GRANDPA"S SAINITY HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME???
Let me restate what Dourgrim said here. He believes you to be suspicious because of issues where you've contradicted yourself and appeared to act shifty. For these specific issues (not all of which I see), ask Dourgrim. As to what Granpa's "sainity" has to do with you, he's referring to the fact that almost all discussion has revolved around him and people he's accused, leaving people not connected with that issue, namely, you, free from discussion. He believes that you are keeping the people distracted by bringing that issue up over and over again.

Rite's take on the whole matter: Dourgrim is paranoid, but he may or may not be on to something. Someone is, quite frankly, an inexperienced player, and I don't respect the way he plays the game. That is no indication, though, of his guilt or innocence, so I'll refrain from a vote at this time.

Rite

P.S.-- It's very impolite to scream on the internet (speak in all capital letters). Combined with typos, it doesn't give us a very good impression of you.

~edited by MeMe to fix tag~
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:41 am

Post by rite »

Erk, there's tag issues going on there that I screwed up. Mod, I'd be obliged if you fixed them-- if not, you guys can figure it out :P
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:57 am

Post by Werebear »

I feel like such a lurker... but I really can't make up my mind what to do.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 8:28 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Once again, rite, thank you. That was well-stated. Now, with all effort to not be frustrated, and with a clear head and a readthrough under my belt, let me explain, in painfully specific detail, exactly why I am now voting for Someone.

First, two comments made in quick succession specifically stating I was voting for Someone:
Someone wrote:Oh come on dour.....Why are you voting for me?
Someone wrote:The same holds true. The only reason that you were voting for me was that I have been supposedly quiet.
This is what I was referring to when I said Someone was repeatedly suggesting that I had already voted for him. Note that both of these posts occurred
before
I actually voted for him. This is what I referenced when I said that I felt Someone was intentionally misleading the Town by making those statements.

Also, it bears noting that the second quote above, while not entirely unjustified, does not accurately represent my intentions. This is what I said that ended up triggering Someone's reaction:
Dourgrim wrote:Y'know, this is interesting: suddenly everyone goes quiet, even though we have a sizeable bandwagon on mlaker.
We also have Someone and his "master plan" which apparently absolves him from the need to talk, even though (in my mind) he's one of the more suspicious players in this game.
Perhaps now would be the time for you to speak up, me buckos. Let's see if I can encourage that:

FoS-that-WILL-turn-into-a-vote-unless-you-start-talking: mlaker & Someone
The bolded part of the quote was
intended
to point out that Someone was acting like he was cleared because of the "plan" he put forth regarding DP and was
not
meant to say that Someone was lurking or not posting enough. (I freely admit that I worded it poorly, and for that I apologize, but I stand behind the intention of the statement nonetheless.) As I later said:
Dourgrim wrote:I wanted to hear more from you because you had (and still have) failed to allay my suspicions, and the only thing you do is rant and rave about my FoS. That'd be almost funny if it weren't such an obvious ploy to avoid attention. The reasons to be suspicious of you are well documented throughout the thread, and the only thing preventing people from voting for you and lynching you because of those reasons is the fact that no one really trusts DP's "Grandpa" claim or his sanity. I really don't care how often you post... I care what you have to say in those posts. So far all I see is smoke and mirrors.
I stand behind the statement that Someone has not only not cleared himself to my satisfaction but has failed to do much of anything to prove his innocence beyond a role-claim that, quite frankly, would be incredibly easy to fake considering the number of people who have made identical claims in the thread already. I will grant you that it is extremely difficult to prove one's innocence in a game of Mafia. This does not mean, however, that my "gut feeling", as rite put it, is any less valid. And FoS's (which is all I originally threw out there) are often based on nothing more that "gut feelings".

And the relationship to DP's role-claim and subsequent sanity discussion is pretty much precisely as rite put it: your activity in that discussion not only gave you plausible deniability ("Look at how often I post, I can't possibly be scum because I'm not lurking like scum do!") but also drew attention away from you.

One last thing now occurs to me: when I was in the Blinvitational, mith decided he thought I was scum because I did something "stupid" (which I did intentionally to draw attention to myself, a unpleasant but necessary facet of the role I had in that game). A heated debate ensued over my role-claim and allegiance (I was pro-Town), and I got very upset because it seemed that everything I said was being twisted around to "prove" my "guilt". At the time I didn't understand mith's reasoning for that line of thought, but now I think I do. The best way to reassure a Town of your innocence is to get righteously indignant when people question it... which is exactly what Someone seems to be doing. Perhaps he's just genuinely upset with me because of my suspicions, and if that's the case I'm sorry... but perhaps he's trying very very hard to convince us all of his innocence by being angry and using that to cover something up.

I stand behind my vote. Sometimes role-claims just aren't convincing enough for me, sorry (read any of mith's ridiculously long posts on role-claims for more insight). rite may be correct (I just can't bring myself to say he's "right" :D) and I could be paranoid... but isn't that kinda how you're
supposed
to play Mafia? *shrug* I don't deny that I could be wrong, but I'm willing to take that chance.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:44 am

Post by Someone »

Well....I admit that I interpreted the FOS wrongly. When I see an FOS, for me, it's almost as bad as a vote. And, as such as the post was worded, it was even worse (it may turn into a vote). When I make an FOS or a vote I usually outline why I do so and expect others to do the same. I realise that this may not be true all the time.

Nevertheless, I still think my vote is justified, or at least
as
justified as dourgrim's vote. If you guys bandwaggon me, keep in mind, if i'm guilty so is sugar and mole.
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:15 am

Post by mlaker »

I as well don't really have a take on the matter.I feel Soemone is suspicious but is still fairly inexperienced and right now I'm the most suspicious of Dourgrim for saying I was lurking when I posted the day before.

mlaker
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:17 am

Post by jadesmar »

Dourgrim. I think that having one role claim confirmed by two separate parties makes the role claim much stronger.
You must be drunk 'cuz you're all blurry.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:25 am

Post by mlaker »

This day seems to draw on forever......
Vote Dourgrim
for his "lurking" accusation.

mlaker
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:43 am

Post by MeMe »

Here's the
Vote Count:

mlaker
(5):
mole, Dragon Phoenix, mikehart, Sugar, rite

Dourgrim
(4):
Someone, JereIC, jadesmar, mlaker

mikehart
(1):
Werebear

CRiX
(1):
Leonidas

Someone
(1):
Dourgrim

Not voting (4):
CRiX, Darkblade, massive, mathcam

Nine votes. Still.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:32 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

mlaker: Did you read my monster post above thoroughly? I was specifically addressing Someone's concerns in that post, but the same holds for you when it comes to the line you're referencing. At the risk of repeating myself once again,
I was not saying that anyone was lurking
; I was saying that the two people in question (you and Someone) needed to talk more because I was suspicious of you and because the posting you did didn't seem to help prove your innocence to my satisfaction. I explained all of this quite thoroughly in my above post...

jadesmar: Point taken. I still think my reasons for my vote are valid, however, and am sticking with it for the moment. As I said before, though, I'm not so arrogant as to believe I cannot be wrong; if something better presents itself, I'll be happy to switch.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:44 pm

Post by mlaker »

I still say that was a little suspicious since I had voted the day before and when I saw your post it was my first log in of the day.I don't think your page long explanation clears you.It makes me more suspicious because you are doing as you said Someone did "blow smoke and mirrors."

mlaker
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by rite »

mlaker wrote:I still say that was a little suspicious since I had voted the day before and when I saw your post it was my first log in of the day.
I really hate to keep chiming in like this, but you people don't get it. Mlaker, scroll up. See how Dourgrim has helpfully
underlined
that he did not accuse anyone of lurking, including you. Just asking somebody to post is not an accusation of them not posting.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:14 pm

Post by Werebear »

I forgot I was still voting mikehart/
Unvote: mikehart
And Someone, a FoS is just someone saying they think you're suspicious, it's a far cry from a vote. You can answer FoS accusations, or ignore them, but either way they don't really count.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:28 pm

Post by mlaker »

Dourgrim said for me and Someone to start talking I had talked the day before he posted!!It seemed to me like a lurking accusation also you seem to be defending Dourgrim could it be that you are in league evilly or un-evilly?

mlaker
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:41 pm

Post by rite »

I'm not in league with Dourgrim, in fact, in my mind he's more suspicious than many other people in this game. But it makes me mad when people jump to conclusions or don't read peoples posts.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:21 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

OK, look, before this gets out of hand:
rite (and Werebear, for that matter) and I are not "in league" together in any way.
I appreciate their help in attempting to explain what I would've thought should've been quite obvious, but it's probably in their best interests to stop helping me (even though, once again, it's been appreciated) because I don't want to see someone I consider to be most likely pro-Town get lynched because of me. Thanks, guys, but don't get little bullseyes painted on yourselves trying to explain things to those who cannot (or are unwilling to) understand.

mlaker: are you really serious about referring to my admittedly long post as "smoke and mirrors"? I didn't think it was possible to get any more specific or present any more immutable fact to back up my argument. If you reread the thread very very carefully, you'll see that quite a few people saw Someone as pretty suspicious earlier, but his convenient "Florin Townie" claim seems to have been taken at face value. All I did was address that suspicion and the bandwagon that had already formed on you.

Seems to me you're leaping on this sudden anti-Dourgrim sentiment in an effort to derail your own bandwagon and save your skin. Maybe even more so than Someone was before with the DP thing... y'know, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps
you
and Someone are "in league" together. After all, you have been arguing almost as strenuously as he has about this, even though all you got was a FoS. Hmmm... interesting. Maybe I've found someone more interesting than Someone (boy, doesn't
that
sound weird? :wink: ) to vote for.

unvote: Someone

**BIG TIME** FoS: Someone
for the abovementioned reasons, roleclaim or no.

vote: mlaker
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:31 pm

Post by jadesmar »

just the post before, look up wrote: Seems to me you're leaping on this sudden anti-Dourgrim sentiment in an effort to derail your own bandwagon and save your skin.
*twists words*

Dourgrim: Seems to me you're leaping on this sudden anti-mlaker sentiment in an effort to derail your own bandwagon and save your skin.
You must be drunk 'cuz you're all blurry.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:33 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

ROFL... well twisted, jadesmar. :D But, you have to admit, it does make a certain amount of (twisted) sense, doesn't it?
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:55 pm

Post by Leonidas »

vote: Dourgrim

Indeed, I find your vote strange. If you're so suspicious of Someone, you should stick to him, instead of joining mlaker's bandwagon to protect yourself.

And based on my info, mlaker is
extremely likely
to be innocent anyway.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:33 am

Post by mole »

Here I am again - modem died at home, assingments to hand in... sorry. I hope you can spare another moment for me to read the posts I missed... :(

I'll start at the beginning, and
unvote: mlaker
. I'm sure you all have much better reasons to vote for him than mine*.

(which I note I never posted - a vote for me for a reason that was IMO unwarranted - I was in the process of getting out of my botched role claim, and I think that was far more relevant than my non-posting. Especially considering I was posting at the time, due to the role-claim thing.)
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 2:36 am

Post by Werebear »

Dourgrim, after all the fun we've had together, now you're saying there's nothing between us?! You... you.... BASTICH! *sob* :)
Vote: Dourgrim

I'm kind of leery of mlaker as well, but I can't put a claw on what it is.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:07 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Leonidas wrote:Indeed, I find your vote strange. If you're so suspicious of Someone, you should stick to him, instead of joining mlaker's bandwagon to protect yourself.
This is getting ridiculous... are you folks reading my posts at all? I gave you reasons why I decided to vote for Someone, and then people start barking about how ridiculous that vote is. Then I notice something about mlaker that I think is suspicious
and explain it in detail in a post
and change my vote to him, and suddenly
that's
ridiculous. It's almost like I shouldn't be allowed to form an opinion in this game or something...

And y'know what the truly ironic part about all of this really is? No one was suspicious of me until I decided to reread the thread and start speaking up with an opinion of my own. Well, all you good little sheep can enjoy following each other around without actually thinking for yourselves... it seems to be working quite well for you so far.

And for those of you who are bandwagonning to hear a roleclaim from me... "get used to disappointment". The only thing I've done that's "suspicious" this entire game is form an independent opinion in this game, and it doesn't happen to agree with the opinion of the masses.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:33 am

Post by mathcam »

I'll have to catch up with the thread later....I had a pretty hectic weekend (I teach my first class in half an hour). I don't see the supsiciousness of Dougrim, so I'm certainly not sending a vote that way, but I do think the repeated use of
Dourgrim wrote:are you folks reading my posts at all?
is somewhat ironic, wouldn't you say, DG?

Cam
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2003 6:14 am

Post by JereIC »

I have to admit, I've been waiting for a reason to unvote you, Dour (although I was expecting it to be somebody else suddenly becoming suspect), but, naw. I've found a couple of your statements odd, and now you seem to be ranting and raving about people voting for you (would you say ranting and raving to avoid attention?). Although your resistance to a roleclaim is admirable, I don't think I'm going to unvote you without one.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”