Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:34 am

Post by Jal »

Here's the deal with Lurker: People were unsure with how the cards were distributed. Given no one has really argued against Medhi's explanation of how most people should have two cards, and two three, Medhi is probably correct. It obviously wasn't completely obvious to everyone how the cards were distributed. If Lurker is scum who has a power card he didn't want to reveal, he could have decided not to claim that card at all
if he is telling the truth.

In post 521, Agent_Ireland wrote:
In post 507, Mehdi2277 wrote:She also brought up good points against spice so why SC over her?

Because the whole thing with Baby just looks like a battle of what people think of a statistic that is blatantly obvious. The whole thing about answering the question is all a patience thing and how long someone is willing to wait for an answer.

I may have missed something, but this is what the Baby argument looked like to me, and it wasn't enough to vote that way.

This was the argument until it started becoming this exaggerated lying mess.

Baby Spice is doing one of two things:

a)
Scum Baby Spice has scum tunneled into oblivion and is finding it difficult to actually straight out call me or my actions out as scummy as they know I am town. Due to this, Baby Spice has resorted to exaggeration or complete fabrication of my actions, her actions, as well as motivations.

b)
Town Baby Spice isn't good at making arguments and so tries to *puff up* their posts in an attempt to bolster their argument, and they're stubborn.

I am going for A as of her last post. Also, she has failed to really address my arguments.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:03 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 519, Jal wrote:
@StrangeCoug
:
In post 504, StrangerCoug wrote:The fact that the claim makes it clear it's a card ability. I believe his card claim, and the more I think about Mehdi2277's post, the more I think it's a good point, but I fail to see why something alignment-independent is reason to say "Hold everything, we're not lynching Lurker."

I don't think claiming a power itself is worth taking a vote off someone.

Would you say a good portion of what's holding you back is the amount of people who got off his wagon and don't want to lynch him anymore?

That plays a factor, yes.

I've looked at the interactions with you and Baby Spice, and right now I'm failing to see how anything talked about in #500 are "lies"; nor how they address your concern. Baby Spice also seems to overuse the word "strange", implying that there's something inherently unusual in how you are handling the case, which I think is false.

UNVOTE: Lurker
VOTE: Baby Spice
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 518, Jal wrote:
I've already proven it took you ten posts and 2 1/2 days to prove your statistics. It was not addressed immediately. I don't need to "believe" you. I've already proven, with
facts
, that you didn't.

And I still maintain that you would not have believed any proof so offered until you took the time to check it yourself, or someone checked it independantly. Something you refuse to address I must point out.

I have also not argued since you posted games that I don't believe you, yet you are trying to fabricate that I am.

That would be after Jake's post that he went and checked. I maintain that you would not have believed me regardless until you or someone else checked. Evidence suggests that Jake checking is what stopped your arguing, not me posting anything.

"What exactly do you find scum worry about relative to town, Baby? (corrected)
I looked through several your past games. You don't bring up statistics, at least not in the 10+ games I looked at. If you aren't bringing up statistics, then how can you gauge the reaction to someone asking for proof and being adamant to you proving it to be a scum reaction?[/i]

I know, since I said: "I've played under a couple of names here,

Why yes, it is a recent thing. It grew out of a specific game. And as I repeatedly said, it was a tool to give me a place to look, not a place to vote. You seem hung up on that big time.

Scum worry about being caught. Scum worry about not knowing or understanding why they got caught. If you don't know why or understand why it's kind of hard to talk your way out of it.
This is the whole basis behind reaction fishing.
To put it in simple terms.
My vote worried you. You don't understand the reason for it. Therefor you argue a non-point to death to try and talk your way out of it.

Why I wanted to look at a specific wagon at a specific size is a complete null point. You're harping on about it is a scum reaction. You're misrepresentation of the facts surrounding it is a scum reaction.

Or am I confused and you're talking about your use of the word strange?

I looked at that too. You barely use the word strange in games. We're talking 0-2 mentions a game, and more to the tune of "strange choice" regarding a night action. Of the few times you used strange several times? You're scum. You were cult in Stars Aligned III, which seems to be the equivalent to mafia for that game and your were a traitor cop in Secret Society Mafia.

You need to look at other games under another name. Wait, didn't I suggest that already?

Either way, you don't employ the former tactic, and of the rare occasion you more consistently employ the second you're scum.

At least you're finally doing some work to support your statements. But you have more work to do.
I'll give you a hint though. It does seem to happen more when I'm snarky.

3 & 4.
I will repeat myself.

I was the second vote on Lurker, which effectively started the wagon rolling. You had to read my "bull shit misrepresentation" post first before two more people hopped on. If you felt my post and vote were scummy and bullshit, you didn't need a statistic.

It doesn't make sense for you to look at the wagon first and THEN look at who is scum on it.

Why doesn't it make sense?

Next, I want you to show case how "Lord Mhork would be one of those easy targets" is a statistic. Also, how it actually related to the topic at hand (how it's acceptable at face value).

It must be.
In post 458, Jal wrote:One is a statistic which you used as a basis to vote and one isn't. I'll let you figure it which is which and how they're different.

My reason for voting you is purely your scummy action, followed by further scummy actions which keep my vote there.
mHork is one of those easy targets and until he does something truly scummy I won't be voting for him. Not for being Mhork anyway.

Since "lord Mhork is one of those easy targets" is the only one of those two statements you mentioned that is actually affecting my vote, then it must be a statistic. I don't see it myself but it's your words that say it not mine.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 525, Jal wrote:

I am going for A as of her last post. Also, she has failed to really address my arguments.

lol, it's B. Always has been. Even when I am scum, it's B.

And I've addressed your arguements ad nauseum.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by Jal »

I really don't think you know how to argue or comprehend certain things properly, and I don't care to argue with you anymore. Stop tunneling and play the game beyond whatever narrow scope you're looking through right now.

VOTE: StrangeCoug

I'm also not getting a town Mhork read. I don't think my case on Lurker was all that great - I was mainly pressuring him. A lot of people didn't even seem to understand my vote or my "case" so I don't see how it could be one great of a case for him to be convinced to vote for Lurker. His last post to Xis he didn't really respond to all that much either.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:25 pm

Post by Jal »

Baby Spice, what is your read on our dear Agent Ireland as of late?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 530, Jal wrote:Baby Spice, what is your read on our dear Agent Ireland as of late?

Hmm. I would have said improving following a poor "middle sector" from a casual read. But I am thinking that floating and buddying you (Jal) is a more accurate description.

Unvote

Meantime. Hows about you Cliff note the case on SC for me?

SC has posts and a vote I don't like, don't we all at times. But I also don't like AI's vote on SC.

Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:18 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

~Due to it being the holiday weekend and such, I will hold off on replaceing Mogadishu Jones until the 27th. If he hasn't responded to his PM by then, he will be replaced~
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:07 am

Post by UberNinja »

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Jal »

My vote was originally on SC because he voted for Lurker based on a response Mhork made, which didn't actually argue a case for Lurker being scum. SC also never mentioned Lurker is a scummy light prior to his vote. My original post is here.

What problems do you find with SC's posts?
Xisiqomelir
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Xisiqomelir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:26 am

Post by Xisiqomelir »

Back. Will catch up on Jal vs Baby next.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 534, Jal wrote:My vote was originally on SC because he voted for Lurker based on a response Mhork made, which didn't actually argue a case for Lurker being scum. SC also never mentioned Lurker is a scummy light prior to his vote. My original post is here.

What problems do you find with SC's posts?

He's voting me :p

Much the same, though nothing solid.

As much who he votes for when, and the reasons given. Or perhaps, the people he's apparently using to support his votes.
on Jones as a second RVS
Me on Medhi.
Jones and Medhi on Mhork
mhork on Lurker
then you (Jal) on me, but way late in the piece.

None of that seems right for SC.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:04 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: What's the vote count?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:19 am

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Current Vote Count 1.09

Jal - 3 (Robert2424, Robert2424, UberNinja) (L-4)
StrangerCoug - 3 (Xisiqomelir, Agent_Ireland, Jal) (L-4)

Lurker - 2 (Lord Mhork, numberQ) (L-5)
Baby Spice - 2 (Mehdi2727, StrangerCoug)
Lord Mhork - 1 (Lurker) (L-6)

Not Voting: Mogadishu Jones, Baby Spice

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is in
(expired on 2013-01-05 14:10:00)

~A Mass prod has been sent out~
~Searching for a replacement for Mogadishu Jones~
Lurker
Lurker
Goon
Lurker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:35 am

Post by Lurker »

For future reference, would a bandwagon here be 3 or more people or 2 or more people?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:56 am

Post by UberNinja »

Aliens...
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Lord Mhork »

In post 525, Jal wrote:Here's the deal with Lurker: People were unsure with how the cards were distributed. Given no one has really argued against Medhi's explanation of how most people should have two cards, and two three, Medhi is probably correct. It obviously wasn't completely obvious to everyone how the cards were distributed. If Lurker is scum who has a power card he didn't want to reveal, he could have decided not to claim that card at all
if he is telling the truth.

In post 507, Mehdi2277 wrote:She also brought up good points against spice so why SC over her?

Because the whole thing with Baby just looks like a battle of what people think of a statistic that is blatantly obvious. The whole thing about answering the question is all a patience thing and how long someone is willing to wait for an answer.

I may have missed something, but this is what the Baby argument looked like to me, and it wasn't enough to vote that way.

This was the argument until it started becoming this exaggerated lying mess.

Baby Spice is doing one of two things:

a)
Scum Baby Spice has scum tunneled into oblivion and is finding it difficult to actually straight out call me or my actions out as scummy as they know I am town. Due to this, Baby Spice has resorted to exaggeration or complete fabrication of my actions, her actions, as well as motivations.

b)
Town Baby Spice isn't good at making arguments and so tries to *puff up* their posts in an attempt to bolster their argument, and they're stubborn.

Issue I have with that lurker logic is that you're trying to rationalize as to why he hid information when the fact remains that he did in fact try to hide information. I don't care that he backed up and fessed up the rest of his role; why didn't he do so in the first place?

In post 529, Jal wrote:I really don't think you know how to argue or comprehend certain things properly, and I don't care to argue with you anymore. Stop tunneling and play the game beyond whatever narrow scope you're looking through right now.

VOTE: StrangeCoug

I'm also not getting a town Mhork read. I don't think my case on Lurker was all that great - I was mainly pressuring him. A lot of people didn't even seem to understand my vote or my "case" so I don't see how it could be one great of a case for him to be convinced to vote for Lurker. His last post to Xis he didn't really respond to all that much either.

Why would your case have to be all that great to be worth sheeping?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

can we lynch SC already?
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Mod: Where is Jakes vote?

Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Jal »

I'll get to this later. A bit busy.

Jake lost his vote when landing on community chest.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Ah found it. Happened on my birthday which is probably why I missed it.

Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

In post 519, Jal wrote:@Medhi: Do you think I'm just not understanding StrangeCoug properly? Do you understand his reasoning when he originally states it? Also, do you think any of his reasoning is scummy, especially now that he has explained more?

I understand him currently although I still think the reasoning is weak for why he pushed lurker and stayed with the wagon. Anyways the primary scummy thing is the way he's voted so the post before that kind of says why:

"It's mainly being opportunistic and not as much as thought with some votes then I'd think he'd have as town"

I realize jal replied to this already but adding to 518 considering the second point of it plus most of it is mainly on lack of backing for a statistic and the reason for the vote itself on jal. When you see someone make a vote you'd call bs do you normally need to re-read the wagon to see it or just notice it as it occurs?

@Spice what did you think of jal's vote when she made it and before you saw the wagon and analyzed the wagon as a whole?

Jal how did SC's vote on spice affect your read on him?

@Mhork, and what's the scum motivation in hiding info that'll be pried out fairly quickly?
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 546, Mehdi2277 wrote:@Spice what did you think of jal's vote when she made it and before you saw the wagon and analyzed the wagon as a whole?

I didn't like it at the time. Still don't.

Why do you ask now? Why not a hell of a lot earlier?

TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

I believe I am replacing in. Since it's currently about 3 A.M. in my timezone and I haven't gotten my role yet, I won't be posting until some time tomorrow night when I get back from seeing The Hobbit, so I'm just checking in.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 463, Lurker wrote:(Also, Who Would I watch? Early in the DP, nobody needs watched more then any other person at the time.)

Couldn't sleep and read the thread. Obviously holding off game-related content for now, but I bust a gut reading this.

DP does not always = Day Phase
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”