Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

OK I am Mrs. Farmer the gym teacher and I preach the power of Fear and Love. I think Jim Cunningham is great and because I'm such a big fan I think I know everything about what is good and right. This makes me the cop.

N1:
Colonel Kurtz – Innocent
N2:
Chess – Innocent
N3:
Hombre – Innocent

My reasons for picking the Colonel night one are stated though out the first day, there was just something about him that made me think he was scum. Of course the guy didn't last the night so that result didn't really help the game.

Day two was long and filled with a lot of discussion, and throughout most of it I was set on investigating Meme. Mainly because I couldn't get much of a read on her and it was quite apparent that most of the town couldn't either. Then she had that little mini blow up with Emp which resulted in her making a claim at the end of the day, a claim that I found quite believable at the time. The toss up for me was between Scale and Chess on who to investigate and so I sat down and reread the game. I found the quote that I thought was Scale helping to out Sentinel99 during the twilight of day one, so that helped moved him down a place in my list. After reading I felt that Chess would be the best investigation that night as I found him and his argument with Olio to be quite interesting and confusing.

Thankfully STD tracked Scale and he managed to make some strange claim that was hardly believable, so with the lynch of him I just worked down my list of suspicion and Hombre was at the top. With him turning up innocent and with STD claiming tracker and leading the lynch of Scale yesterday in my eyes that leaves both AniX and Olio as the possible mafia.

Of course nothing is 100%. STD could have made a ballsy play as scum, but then how would he know that I went anywhere at all that night? Also my sanity is not guaranteed in my PM, but if my sanity was anything but sane I would have thought that my character would have found everyone guilty. After seeing both Olio's and AniX's claims I think that AniX is the play because it all seems just a little too far fetched. I was just waiting to see if Hombre would counter claim the doc.

Vote: AniX
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Post by Chess83 »

4 is lynch. I don't see us having any more than 1 scum left. I think the best course of action is to
VOTE ANIX

@Sotty - the remote possibility of STD's guilt did cross my mind, but after hearing your claim and knowing yesterday's result I trust him.

1. Yesterday he went after and lead the lynch of a scum (in theory possibly his partner)
2. Today he says he checked you, but is not forcing your hand. He knows you did something and that you are town.

If he were scum, how would he KNOW you did something?

I propose that we lynch whomever's claim is the weakest and move from there. If we don't get the last scum today then we come back tommrow and discuss the night event and choose someone else.

My list of weak claims...
Anix (weakest)
Olio
STD (strongest)

I believe Sotty, therefore I trust that sotty and hombre are innocent.
"Common sense knows, but it does not know what it knows NOR how it knows NOR how to correct and complement its own inadequacies." - Bernard Lonergan
5W 2L
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yeah after Anix's claim, I was pretty sure Anix was scum. Olio's claim makes sense, probably as much sense as his question to chess doesn't make.

Still, if it's not Anix, it's gotta be someone.

Sotty's flavor is a little wierd to me. But what I got in the tracking result != Scalebane's. (It says Sotty was spying on someone, if people are curious).

I fear the only thing standing in our way is a GF with a fake claim of someone in the Darko family.

Vote: Anix
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:40 pm

Post by Chess83 »

STD, what do you propose for the lynching order?
"Common sense knows, but it does not know what it knows NOR how it knows NOR how to correct and complement its own inadequacies." - Bernard Lonergan
5W 2L
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:47 pm

Anix
Ixnay
Chess
Olio

When the time comes, that may be switched around, but I'm 90% sure the game's over.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Save The Dragons wrote:Sotty's flavor is a little wierd to me. But what I got in the tracking result != Scalebane's. (It says Sotty was spying on someone, if people are curious).

I fear the only thing standing in our way is a GF with a fake claim of someone in the Darko family.

Vote: Anix
My flavor is a little on the iffy side, especially since my character is linked to a known mafia (Jim Cunningham) in that she just thinks he's all knowing and right. Of course that happens in the movie too, and it isn't until he gets arrested that she finally sees how horrible he is.

I'm leaning towards believing Olio and that there is a doc because of the lack of scum kills we had last night and on night one. So by process of elimination, all fingers are pointing towards AniX being the last scum.

The GF theory is a worry and I'm hoping it doesn't pan out to be anything more than that... a worry.

PPE: I agree with that order STD, but like you I think we are at the end.
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Chess83 »

Me too, but I do have a question. Sotty is not on your list, which makes me assume that you believe the claim. So why do you have Myself and Hombre, who have been cleared by Sotty, above the someone who has not been cleared by Sotty?
5W 2L
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:18 pm

She didn't see how horrible she was though. In fact, she couldn't make it to sparklemotion because she was helping Jim Cuningham's defense (AFAICR).

Chess: cuz if either of you are GF and have an investigation immunity, the results are kaput. I think it's also quite possible that there could be a fake claim given out that would compell people to think the GF is town. It's possible, but unlikely.

I also think that events will transpire if Anix is not the last scum that will clear olio one way or another. Couple that with the no night kills.

And the fact that I hate townies.
olio
olio
Mafia Scum
olio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:37 pm

Post by olio »

Chess83 wrote: I said nothing about any night in particular.
But it would be logical for you to protect him N3 as he claimed a tracker role on Day 3.
Exactly. So why did you include that night in your question? Why weren't you 100% sure that given these circumstances, I would protect STD on N3?

We can't also be 100% sure about Sotty's sanity without a guilty result, but I also think the game will end here.

vote: Anix
[size=75]Music makes the world go 'round,
there's no life without a sound.[/size]
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:10 pm

Post by Chess83 »

I just realized I misread your post about N1, N2 and me INCLUDING N3. I read "did not include" N3. My bad.

I didn't stop and think about when STD claimed, I just saw that you protected him all three nights, and thought it was odd. You explained it well enough that you protected and innocent N1 and figured it was a safe enough bet to protect him again, since you knew he was innocent. Then he claimed, and you protected him yet again. My bad, again.
5W 2L
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:33 pm

Post by nonny »

That is a lynch on Anix...I will give you a death scene tomarrow...it's to late tonight.
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by nonny »

You corner AniX and tell him that he is so going down. He responds "Bu-but i'm a DOCTOR!!!!" You just roll your eyes at him and countinue the lynching.

Anix( Dr. Thurman, Mafia lynched)

((sorry for weak deathscene >.<))
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Post by nonny »

You all give a cheer, and begin conversing about how great it is to have this plague dead and gone.....we really should do this more often you suggest. ^.~
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:46 pm

Post by nonny »

That is everything...now talk! good Game guys btw.
*insert bad joke here*
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Post by AniX »

God damn the amish-gypsy alliance. God damn them to hell.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:23 pm

Post by Scalebane »

Well, I have to say that Anix and I sucked it up pretty hard as mafia there. I really should've had a better claim, but I was simply hoping on the fact that the tracker would've somehow associated me with the kill as you guys quickly figured out.

Oh, and Anix. By the way, any game I'm ever in with you where you cite the 11th hour bullshit again, I'm going to link to this thread and laugh at you.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Post by AniX »

And I'll just cite the billion other threads where the 11th Hour works. The 11th Hour didn't kick in because someone named Scalebane didn't believe.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Chess83
Chess83
Goon
Chess83
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 pm

Post by Chess83 »

Or possibly the 11th hour didn't work because you had nothing to go on. I am just glad that I can chalk up another Win.
5W 2L
Colonel Kurtz
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Colonel Kurtz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:45 pm

Post by Colonel Kurtz »

No, Anix, the 11th hour shit is stupid. When there are 6 people left it's easy to say what's going on; it's not a special skill. Do us all a favor and shut the fuck up. You sucked as mafia, by the way. I'm with Scalebane on the citing of this thread if you try to use that as an excuse for not playing in a game I'm in.

On mafia note, I liked this game, and was disappointed to get taken down night one.
Load your program
I am your self
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:37 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

<sigh of relief>

Thanks all and mod for the game.

But *ugh* I need to listen to my first instincts more. I wanted to kill AniX both nights but talked myself out of it. And I let myself get distracted from Scalebane after I came forward with my claim.

To explain my nightchoices:
N1 I killed CK partially because he made the slip pointed out inthread, and also the reversal in voting for chamber. But also based on his speculation that chamber was Donnie Darko, and Donnie Darko would be protown. This felt so odd to me, especially being Donnie Darko. However, as I realized afterwards, killing CK in that way was not optimal, as CK’s revelation as roleblocker made clear. For this reason I wanted to come forward D2: because I didn’t want to kill N2 without letting giving my target a chance to defend. This was my first time playing a vigilante, and it at times felt significantly harder than vanilla townsperson or mafia, paradoxically.

N2, while I didn’t think MeMe was most suspicious, I was kind of backed into a corner and figured it could do no harm. If one or both of us were alive the next day without my having tried to kill her- especially if I kill someone else- things could be bad. Moreover, I figured there was a good chance she was a bluffing mafia or unnightkillable godfather. To me, the worst case would be that either she was a lying unnightkillable protown (in which case she’d deserve what would happen) or she was genuinely vanilla, in which case her death, while tragic, would have minimal consequence.

Good job, town, for winning despite me; I managed to do more damage than the mafia that game.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:23 am

Post by AniX »

Kurtz, you seem like a very angry person, considering your side won. I mean, what do you have to be mad about? Does me talking piss you off? If there is one thing you should know about me, its that telling me to shut the fuck up is one of the many things that can actually make me talk more crazily and with a higher dose of arrogance. So please, for the sake of everyone minus my
paid
groupies, shut the fuck up about telling me to shut the fuck up.

The only people who can call the 11th Hour shit is Scalebane and Sent. But thats because they didn't believe. If they believed in the power, there would be a parade right now in my name. A very small 3-man mafia parade, BUT A PARADE NONE THE LESS.

Oh, and if anyone wants to cite this game, I have a bunch of games I can cite. 7:1 success ratio is a pretty good fucking ratio.

Oh, and another thing, Kurtz, I suck so much as mafia I avoid getting killed by a vig. who literally didn't trust me from day 1. (abeit, I avoided mostly due to him second-guessing his instincts, but I'll take whatever keeps me alive.)
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:30 am

Post by AniX »

Also, Chess, I was just told by nonny you were a "n00b" of some degree. I must say I very impressed with your preformance in this game, I didn't get a newbie vibe from you at all, and usually I can smell newbies from 1.3333333333333333333333333334 miles away.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:55 am

Post by nonny »

LOL... good game everyone, thank you to those of you who replaced. And what wierd is out of the 3 games i've modded town won twice....disapointing...aw well good game again
*insert bad joke here*
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:57 pm

Post by MeMe »

Why are you disappointed that town won, nonny??
Woo-hoo town
!

Yeah, EmpTyger, I understood you feeling backed into a corner -- but one thing neither you nor I verbalized was the "what if Sentinel turns up scum after all" scenario. Once he did, I convinced myself that you'd leave me alive regardless of your alignment.

Ah well -- it all worked out despite our little throwdown!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:02 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

This game was fun. Very confusing at times, but fun none the less.

The 11th hour thing didn't really work here that much is true, I just loved how you tried to take claim for the town doing so well at the start of the last day... heh that made me chuckle. I'm sure your style get results in some cases, so whatever works right?

This has been one of my more enjoyable games of late as we had quite a mix of good players. Thanks to Nonny for modding and like MeMe said, be happy the good guys won!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”