neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:15 am

Post by neongrey »

My, that's defensive of you, Jerry. It's pretty clear in his post why he made the vote he did.
[b]ne*on*grey[/b] [i]n.[/i]
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:10 am

Post by Mert »

Wow, Jerry. I have to agree, that looked might reactionary.
Vote: Sailor Jerry
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Adele wrote:No, he voted someone for
hypocrisy
- Brizzi had a go at Mini Neo for only having posted once - in Brizzi's
second
post.
Heh yeah I really should read better.

Anyone who's played with me before will be aware that I claim early when I'm on the receiving end of a bandwagon based upon idiocy. Do you want to hear it now?
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:47 am

Post by Mert »

LOL Jerry. I know it's your new playstyle and all but
please
don't claim yet :lol:

Unless you're scum of course. You can claim scum if you like.
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:51 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

You have
one
vote. I wouldn't really call that a badwagon.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:59 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

No worries. I'll just sit around and wait while you find crap reasons to vote me.

But seriously, this game will move along much faster if I do it now. It never goes any other way, and it just gives scum a good place to hide.

Then when we're done, we can go lurker hunting like I said in the first place.
M4yhem - "IH loves donking his splourney in public places. He likes it most when little old ladies and school children are nearby, because then he also show off his crot."
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:00 am

Post by neongrey »

You get one vote on you, and you go to this extent? Threatening, demanding, even, to claim, saying every reason to vote you is crap (and no, trying to mislead people as to the reasons for another person's vote is not crap).

You could claim doctor at this point, and I doubt I'd buy it.
1. an impossible colour
2. frequently misspelled online alias; only capitalized at the beginning of a sentence with no internal capitalizations and has absolutely no As anywhere in it.
3. definitely a female
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:37 pm

Sailor Jerry wrote:No worries. I'll just sit around and wait while you find crap reasons to vote me.
Apparently, you'll sit around and give us reasons to vote you.
Sailor Jerry wrote:But seriously, this game will move along much faster if I do it now. It never goes any other way, and it just gives scum a good place to hide.
There isn't any particular need to move the game along faster. More participation would be great, but there isn't any reason why we need to hurry to get things finished. We should work to fully resolve each issue before we go on to something else. Merely claiming isn't going to resolve the fact that you acted in a suspicious manner, and, when even a slight amount of pressure was put on you, became even more suspicious.

Sailor Jerry wrote:Then when we're done, we can go lurker hunting like I said in the first place.
I don't think that four pages into day one is neccesarily the best time to go lurker hunting. Even if we did, up until pressure was put on you, you were one of the worst offenders. Not
the
worst, but up there.

I still want to hear from Brizzy Boi. He is now late on his promised review, and didn't respond at all to my arguments. I'll leave my vote there for now, but Sailor Jerry is getting more and more suspicious.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:44 pm

Also,
Mod
could we get prod's on BlueSin, MiniNeo, and Maz Medias. None of them have posted in at least a week.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:29 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Sailor Jerry wrote:and it just gives scum a good place to hide.

It gives them a good place to hide? If you claim or if you dont?
I dont really follow...
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:39 pm

Post by Adele »

Sailor Jerry, I consider crazy overdefensiveness and inappropriate reactions to appropriate suspcion to be (unfortunately) a more reliable and a stronger scumtell than lurking. If you're going to defend yourself, please hit the first line of defence (cogent, proportionate argument dealing with the accusations and facts) before the last (and claiming's barely a defense at all; it's often as flimsy as an appeal to emotions; "don't lynch me because I'm the doc I can't prove it or anything but bad thing's'll happen if I die").
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by neongrey »

Claiming also doesn't address any of the reasons why people are suspicious of you. Nor does going 'oh, their reasons are crap'. If they are, explain why, hm?
1. an impossible colour
3. definitely a female
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:21 pm

Post by Zindaras »

I'm going away for the weekend, I will be back somewhere on Sunday. I'd appreciate it if I wouldn't have to be replaced.

Also, Sailor Jerry's not making sense. I'm leaving my vote on the lurker I was voting for.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:43 pm

If we include Brizzy Boi as an active player, we are currently at 8. If we don't (and I'm not sure we should) we are at 7. That means we have to be unanimous in any decision to lynch. We need the rest of the players playing.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:20 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Adele wrote:If you're going to defend yourself, please hit the first line of defence (cogent, proportionate argument dealing with the accusations and facts) before the last.
No thanks. I think that in the long term it would be better to either give you a claim or let you lynch me. That way you can get used to the way I play, and you'll learn from your mistakes in the long run.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:26 am

Post by neongrey »

Saying it's your playstyle when you're acting highly suspiciously only works for certain people, and you don't seem to understand why it works for them.

You're not exactly contributing anything to the town besides standing around looking shifty. And no, a snap claim is not a contribution.

If you want to dissuade the suspicion on you, you're going to need something more substantial than "I can claim! It would be a horrible mistake to lynch me! When there's only one vote on me and enough people are inactive that there's very little way a lynch is even possible!"
1. an impossible colour
3. definitely a female
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:41 am

Post by Nightfall »

Sailor Jerry wrote: That way you can get used to the way I play, and you'll learn from your mistakes in the long run.

So it would be our mistake to go after someone who claims without being provoked? Or just you? Or just you when your town? What about when your scum? are you going to just come out and claim then too? That last one is assuming you aren't infact scum right now.
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:00 am

Post by Maz Medias »

I'm here, I'm just not very impressed with any of this. Basically, Sailor Jerry is combusting. This is bad. A claim would be okay, but not un-damning. I'm not ready to vote yet.
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:06 am

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

BlueSin and Mini Neo haven't posted for a while so I will probably need to replace(yet again)...
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:10 am

Sailor Jerry, I will never condone playstyle as an excuse for bad play. If you play in a way that is detrimental to the town, doing it over and over again doesn't make it all right. Instead of us lynching you until we realize that it's your playstyle, we should continue lynching you until you change. If we allow you to use playstyle as an excuse when you are pro-town, (if you are pro-town in this game) than you will be able to use playstyle as an excuse when you are scum. Allowing scum to play in a way that damages the town because it's "their playstyle" hurts the town's chances of winning and damages the game as a whole. If you are not willing to change your playstyle to one that helps the town, it is in the town's best interest to continue lynching you in every game you play in. Getting rid of dead weight that is detrimental to the town on day one is almost as useful and a lot easier than getting rid of scum, and sometimes, you will be mafia. That just gives the town an added benefit.

Whether or not it's your playstyle is irrelevant. If you act in a way that favors the scum, you should be lynched. Claiming (or threatening to claim) on day one with one vote favors the scum.
Unvote
Vote: Sailor Jerry

Brizzy Boi is being passively scummy. Sailor Jerry is being actively scummy. He gets my vote. I still want to here from Brizzy Boi (and the other lurkers) but Sailor Jerry has become my first priority.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:44 am

Post by Maz Medias »

I don't like when people advocate the "lynching bad townies is a good play" thing. Even bad townies are warm bodies in the endgame count.
RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:08 am

Not if they are going to give the mafia information that helps them to win. I'm not sure that lynching a bad townie is the best play for winning an individual game, but it is definately a better metagame strategy than accepting that a player is allowed to help the mafia because it's his/her "playing style." I'm not completely sure that Sailor Jerry is mafia, but he's acting in a way that makes me think that he is, and I won't be too upset if when we lynch him, I find out that I'm wrong.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:11 am

Post by Mert »

If he wants to claim then bandwagonning him now to the point that he will claim just means he wins. I agree that he's a bit keen to claim right this second and I agree that he's not giving off any real pro-town vibes at the moment, but if he
is
scum and his strategy involves an early claim then he'll probably want us to wagon him up to five votes or something.

For the moment I want him to explain
why
he feels it would be good to claim at this point. Jerry, that doesn't mean that I want you to claim, so please try and explain without hinting at anything.
Sailor Jerry
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Sailor Jerry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:04 am

Post by Sailor Jerry »

Because otherwise we all have to put up with this rubbish where you all invent reasons to vote me based upon what you think are scumtells (whether or not it's ever happened in the history of mafia).

It's already happening exactly as predicted, and it's counterproductive. Scum get the opportunity to stay in the background, and we get no info from the day.

I'm number 1, townie. Now you can either lynch me or go find scum. But at least you're in possession of the facts.

Rangerofthenorth, lynching me until I change my style of play seems counterproductive in the context of this game.

I suppose Day 1 lynches usually tend to be on people who cause a stir, when evidence is so thin on the ground and it's too challenging to find scum. But I'm happy with my vote on rangerofthenorth anyway.
neongrey
neongrey
Goon
neongrey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:18 am

Post by neongrey »

Problem is, Jerry, you haven't exactly been finding scum, yourself... you've got a glorified OMGUS vote in play, and keep insisting you're happy with it for no reason other than that he finds your suspicious actions suspicious.

Claiming to be town is one thing. ANyone can do it. However, the burden of proof lies on you, and you haven't even tried. You've insisted you won't, even.
1. an impossible colour
3. definitely a female

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”