Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Rathyr »

You're right.

The watchman, if successful in his watch, will only find the identity of one wolf.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

hello all. Sucks we're missing a watchman already. and i definately dont agree with a watchmen claim in any day 1 situation.
random vote: jack
I play the games rul gud.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:29 pm

Post by Atticus »

Unvote; Vote: Elias_the_thief

He's obviously buddying up to the town with that post. :wink:

And Lowell, just because the masons coming out in #358 was a good idea, it doesn't mean that it'll do us any good now. I can see where your misdirection is coming from though.

So, yes, I think it is a scummy comment, but no, Lowell is not scummy to me.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:14 pm

Post by StallingChamp »

checking in.
Random vote: Atticus

Although i do not like the role-claim theory, I see why he might have said that, so i will not count it as major for mow.
Show
[color=red][b][i]GO SENS GO[/b][/i][/color]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

High School Mafia coming soon to a Mini Theme Queue near you!
Echo419
Echo419
Goon
Echo419
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Post by Echo419 »

Atticus, there was a metagame precedent? That certainly puts his post in a new light. I haven't read 358. What happened?
Show
yeah, they're totally buying it.

oops, wrong window.

"Whoops, was that hammer?"- Pretty much everyone, at some point.
conflux
conflux
Townie
conflux
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:06 pm

Post by conflux »

It's not smart for the watchman to claim. I thought in the beginning for someone to claim Herbalist and have the Watchmen guard him, essentially making it hard for the wolves, but that's obsolete now with one watch dead.
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:04 am

Post by Atticus »

In 358, mikanoff and Lowell were masons. When Lowell felt he was near death, he claimed and outed his mason partner. This gave the town a pretty large advantage.

However, it's just my assumption that he felt it would be a good idea here
because
of that.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result." - Winston Churchill
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:14 am

Post by Lowell »

Atticus wrote:In 358, mikanoff and Lowell were masons. When Lowell felt he was near death, he claimed and outed his mason partner. This gave the town a pretty large advantage.

However, it's just my assumption that he felt it would be a good idea here because of that.
That's right. The game is still going, if you're interested in seeing how it has played out. With about seven people left I'm the only confirmed innocent, and I think it does give the town a distinct advantage. Keeping the masons secret totally destroys any advantages of the position.

Again, here the situation is different, since we essentially have no masons anymore. Instead, this is more of a DOC/COP combination, which in my opinion is an even better time to come out. I've been told that they had to change the style of the newbie games (to 50% doc and 50% cop) because this "claim and protect" strategy was too effective.
jack wrote:Hmm here's the way I see it though. Werewolves choose from 8 players. They have a 1/4 chance of killing a player with a power role. If watchman claims, they have a 1/7 chance. Isn't that fairly significant?
This is exactly the right logic behind the move. The werewolves have a 14% chance of finding a power role as opposed to a 25% chance. Oh, and
UNVOTE
. Not only that, they have ZERO chance of getting the remaining COP role. What good would our herbalist be if that happened?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:16 am

Post by Lowell »

Elias_the_thief wrote:hello all. Sucks we're missing a watchman already. and i definately dont agree with a watchmen claim in any day 1 situation.
Vote Elias

Think it through a little more, then.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:02 am

Post by Rathyr »

The "I can't be bothered to think of a name" vote count

Lowell (2) -
Coolbot, Echo419

Jack (1) -
Elias_the_thief

Coolbot (1) -
conflux

Elias_the_thief (2) -
Atticus, Lowell

Atticus (1) -
StallingChamp

With eleven alive it will take six votes to lynch.

CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:18 am

Post by CoolBot »

The herbelist is good not only for being able to protect the cop, but also for stopping night kills. If the cop comes out, that no night kills will be blocked because the mafia will stay away from that man until the doc is dead.

Claiming when under pressure and claiming first thing on the first day are two entirely different things. Mason's are powerful bacause they can confirm each other, but there's no reason to do so early on. In fact, it lowers the chances of counter claiming a scum claim.
Lowell wrote:I've been told that they had to change the style of the newbie games (to 50% doc and 50% cop) because this "claim and protect" strategy was too effective.
I've never played a newbie game, but I think part of the issue was the games were so small. The mafia were half the unclaimed, so it was easy to find them. That's not the case here.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:57 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Lowell wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:hello all. Sucks we're missing a watchman already. and i definately dont agree with a watchmen claim in any day 1 situation.
Vote Elias

Think it through a little more, then.
I don't think having the watchmen outed that early is a good idea. Especially not with one dead already. How exactly would one guy claiming watchmen day 1 help town? I dont see much advantage there at all.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Lowell, could you do me a favor and explain more than you have given as to why you decided to vote Elias? As it currently stands, it appears to me that you're voting him because he doesn't agree with the Watchman claiming on Day One. But then again, there are others who have been more vocal against such a turn of events - Coolbot and myself come to mind, specifically. I'm curious as to why you picked him out.
trabony wrote:vote: nothing, I was going to randomly vote but I want to see what Lowell has to say.
I think more than enough has been said on the matter for you to get a general gist on where everyone stands (and nothing all that substantive has been offered, which is what I personally was expecting from said discussion, so I don't know why you were holding back a random vote at the time unless if you were purposefully attempting to look like you didn't want to rush things - but I don't want to start getting WIFOM, so.. I digress...), so I'm not quite sure why you're still holding back in the wings.

Unvote: Atticus
, since it's not even being tallied, and
vote: trabony
. Speak. Vote. Do something worthwhile.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:37 am

Post by Jack »

Well, Elias doesn't give a reason, he just states his opinion repeatedly. Coolbot states why he disagrees, although I don't see why a small chance at preventing a kill is better than a smaller chance at ID'ing a killer.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:02 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Preventing a kill makes the game longer, making it more likely the town finds scum. What's the confusion?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:25 pm

Post by Jack »

Wouldn't the doc have to prevent 2 kills to make the game longer?

We have 11 now. So the progression with no prevention would be 11-9-7-5 (lynch or lose). With one kill prevention it would be something like 11-9-8-6 (lynch or lose). Not terribly advantageous.
Echo419
Echo419
Goon
Echo419
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by Echo419 »

I think letting the doc and watchman make their own decisions is better. I mean, outing the watchman cuts down on possibly docs for scum. So now we have 11. Minus the two scum is 9. Minus the watchman is 8. So that's 1/8 chance of scum to hit doc at night, and it goes down by 2 every cycle, from lynch and kill. Without the watchman out, scum has 2/11 chance to hit power role, but watchman has 1/10 chance to get scum and doc has 1/10 chance to protect. I like those odds better.
I think we might be putting too much emphasis on the watchman. He has only 50%, true? He might be more useful in late game, when there is a greater chance of targeting the scum target. So in this case also he should be kept alive and hidden.
Show
yeah, they're totally buying it.

oops, wrong window.

"Whoops, was that hammer?"- Pretty much everyone, at some point.
trabony
trabony
Townie
trabony
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:24 pm

Post by trabony »

I am present in this game. i will now read over the thread and make a post!
Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Post by Atticus »

Green Crayons wrote:
Unvote: Atticus
, since it's not even being tallied, and
vote: trabony
. Speak. Vote. Do something worthwhile.
Yes, that's interesting. Maybe I'm like SUPERMAAAN!!!

ON a non-joking note, I like how this game has jumped fast from start to actual processing of good information. We are on the bus with this already, a very scarce random-vote stage... Instant swaction!

All the attention seems to be based around Lowell's supposition of the watchman coming out being a good idea. Though, I feel much more interested in Elias. He clearly
addressed
Lowell's "think it through" but obviously didn't think it through. I dunno, I feel... intrigued.

And also, anyone who hasn't posted is always a good subject to pick on early on.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:08 am

Post by Rathyr »

All votes must
be bolded.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:09 am

Post by StallingChamp »

I definatively agree with the Watchman not revealing himself. Nothing good will come of it, and it will handicap the doctor to have to protect him. I do think that the watchmen should come forwards as soon as he gets a guilty result.
Show

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5295]Mini 441[/url] - Night 2

Atticus
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Atticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:03 am

Post by Atticus »

MOD:
This was posted just before your first votecount, a minute before.
Green Crayons wrote:
Vote: Atticus
. Last to confirm.

This is what Green Crayons is referring too.
It was not counted for that and the next votecount.

And StallingChamp, Could you have a little opinion, other than the exact same as everyone else?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:07 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ah, sorry.
StallingChamp
StallingChamp
Goon
StallingChamp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:55 am

Post by StallingChamp »

Jack has really given me pro-town vibes from his posts. Coolbot also seems likely to be town.

At this point, I think it is warranted to let everybody know that I am scum. Do not lynch me and I will send in a no-kill every night.
Show

Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:07 am

Post by Jack »

Vote:StallingChamp

Whatever man, that last sentence doesn't even make sense. Are you going to dick around like last game?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”