CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:27 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Nice analysis, Zindaras.

Vote: Zindaras

And since I like you so much, I'm gonna adress this as well:
Zindaras wrote:This post set off an alarm. Not liking c_d, as stated before. Throwing in a player who was very unlikely to be revived to not make it seem he was supporting c_d only would be a good idea.
I'll say this again: I was dead serious about reviving Mr. C, and I'm equally serious about reviving you. And it's quite natural to have a second choice if your preferred revivee isn't going to make it, wouldn't you agree?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:06 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Vote Count:

al_kohaulec- 1 (Yosarian2)
M4yhem- 1 (M4yhem)
Zindaras- 1 (CrashTextDummie)

Not voting (9): yellowbounder, Thoth, Twito, Tamuz, themanhimself, al_kohaulec, Zindaras, chaotic_diablo, lordy

7 to revive. In the words of MC Hammer, U Can't Revive Yosarian Or Tamuz.
Zindaras wrote:What happens if no votes are cast at all during a day?
If no votes are cast for a suitable length of time I will impose a deadline. If by the deadline nobody has any votes a random player will be revived.
#greenshirtthursdays
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:23 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Zindaras wrote:CrashTextDummie-Undecided upon. He rebutted alko's points and was willing to revive Mr. C, but he was also pushing for c_d to be revived. I could be convinced to revive him.
Thoth-I don't like him at all. I can't remember his points (and he didn't make a lot), which is always bad, yet a lot of players seemed to be willing to revive him. I don't want to revive him at all.
al_kohaulec: Doesn't feel right. Agrees with a lot of people. Voted Thoth. Don't want to revive him.
chaotic_diablo-I definitely do not like c_d. He seemed to try to wurm himself into a good spot with Yos. Voted Thoth later. Do not want to revive him.
Yosarian2-The wagon on him was quick. He's either scum, or scum wanted to get on his good side. He's a good player and his posts make sense. However, I'm not totally convinced of his innocence, mainly because he seemed to like c_d (if my memory serves me well, which it may or may not).
Tamuz-Tamuz...I honestly can't see how he got revived. He doesn't seem to make too many great points. Also supported c_d at a moment.
Anti-CD much? Your singing these players out for having a connection with me in some way, shape, or form. I don't find your analysis reasonable mostly because it's heavily CD oriented to the point of absurdness. You tag on "he supported CD" as though it's a taboo. You have other reasons to exclude these players, but I find it extremely strange how you always reference back to me.
"Miracles of Science" or "Freaks of Nature"?

Carp Logic. I'm so totally using that at some point.~ Mr. Flay
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:53 pm

Post by Tamuz »

There seems to be a sentiment that one of the revived, whether it is Yos or Myself is scum. Although, I'm personally not sure about this, and other than my distrust of Yos, I think that it would be important for people who believe one of us is scum to think about this and to, well... explore connections then. I'd hate to be blindsided with Yos being scum and someone he supports getting brought in here because nobody had the balls to stand up and state this. Remember, triangles are the strongest shapes in the world. A triangle formed of our elected oppinions will help us bend rather than break.

Oh, and I don't think a cop claim is such a smart idea at the moment for some of the previously stated reasons, mainly those speaking of uncertainty.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:22 pm

Post by Zindaras »

CrashTextDummie wrote:I'll say this again: I was dead serious about reviving Mr. C, and I'm equally serious about reviving you. And it's quite natural to have a second choice if your preferred revivee isn't going to make it, wouldn't you agree?
Could you explain exactly why you think c_d would be a good target for revival?
chaotic_diablo wrote:Anti-CD much? Your singing these players out for having a connection with me in some way, shape, or form. I don't find your analysis reasonable mostly because it's heavily CD oriented to the point of absurdness. You tag on "he supported CD" as though it's a taboo. You have other reasons to exclude these players, but I find it extremely strange how you always reference back to me.
Not a taboo. I just find it scummy. Seeing how I'm suspicious of you, I find people who support you scummy as well. As you say yourself, I have other reasons as well. I find it slightly odd that quite a few scummy players can be associated with you.
Tamuz wrote:Oh, and I don't think a cop claim is such a smart idea at the moment for some of the previously stated reasons, mainly those speaking of uncertainty.
I can't seem to find those reasons. Would you mind restating them?
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Zindaras- I liked your analysis, mainly because you seem to agree with me about almost everything.
What's your reason for being suspicious of Chaotic though? You say he's scummy, but you didn't quite say why.

Oh, and the fact Tamuz and Yos didn't like Mr.C does not give you an advantage over me, because they don't like me either, although I like to think I'm making some kind of upward progress.

The 'uncertainty of cops', reasons against the cop revival plan:

We don't know if we have a cop, we don't know if the cop is sane, we don't know how many cops there are, we can't trust a claimed cop cause they might be bold scum, we don't know if the cop can check people who are 'in the void', there may be investigation immune godfathers, there may be millers.
Tamuz wrote: I'd hate to be blindsided with Yos being scum and someone he supports getting brought in here because nobody had the balls to stand up and state this.
Yeah, cause it's not like anyone has been warned you about Yos being scum
from the start.
:roll:
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:34 pm

Post by Zindaras »

M4yhem wrote:Zindaras- I liked your analysis, mainly because you seem to agree with me about almost everything.
What's your reason for being suspicious of Chaotic though? You say he's scummy, but you didn't quite say why.
Voted self first. Quickly changed to Yos. Tried to get Thoth revived on very thin reasoning.

And that's just from the first few pages.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Twito »

ChannelDelibird wrote:
Vote Count:

al_kohaulec- 1 (Yosarian2)
M4yhem- 1 (M4yhem)
Zindaras- 1 (CrashTextDummie)

Not voting (9): yellowbounder, Thoth, Twito, Tamuz, themanhimself, al_kohaulec, Zindaras, chaotic_diablo, lordy

7 to revive. In the words of MC Hammer, U Can't Revive Yosarian Or Tamuz.
Zindaras wrote:What happens if no votes are cast at all during a day?
If no votes are cast for a suitable length of time I will impose a deadline. If by the deadline nobody has any votes a random player will be revived.
Random might be good coz there are more town than scum..
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
Twito
Twito
Mafia Scum
Twito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Twito »

I presume obviously.
Show
[color=blue]We are all innocent townies and the mod is an evil bastard laughing at us lynching eachother![/color]
I'm at M├â┬®xico as an exhange student and abit inactive.

thesheamuffin: I'm off to masterbate
Uber Timmy: CAN YOU PLAY ONE HANDED
al_kohaulec
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
al_kohaulec
Tricksy
Tricksy

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:33 pm

Post by al_kohaulec »

I'd rather have somebody decided upon by all of us.
AIM account: DolusDeceit [s]not al_kohaulec[/s]
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:22 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Random voting, in my opinion, really sucks. And I'm not withdrawing my self-vote unless I find someone better, so at deadline I would be one of the three who were selected from.

I don't really care about the numbers, for me this is a gameplay issue. If a townie was selected randomly, is that really a victory for us? Where's the fun in that? Where's the strategy? Where's the game?

Anyway, let's do a quick poll. Is there anyone who would consider reviving me? Any concerns you have about my revival that I can address? Any questions that need answering?

Same questions, except replace 'me' with 'Zindaras'
Same questions, except replace 'Zindaras' with 'Al_Kohaulec'

Zindaras- Your case looks weak. I don't like Chaotic, but we need something more substansial than that. For example, what's wrong with self voting?

Thank you for your cooperation, town.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:30 pm

Post by Zindaras »

M4yhem wrote:Random voting, in my opinion, really sucks. And I'm not withdrawing my self-vote unless I find someone better, so at deadline I would be one of the three who were selected from.

I don't really care about the numbers, for me this is a gameplay issue. If a townie was selected randomly, is that really a victory for us? Where's the fun in that? Where's the strategy? Where's the game?
:goodposting:
Anyway, let's do a quick poll. Is there anyone who would consider reviving me? Any concerns you have about my revival that I can address? Any questions that need answering?

Same questions, except replace 'me' with 'Zindaras'
Same questions, except replace 'Zindaras' with 'Al_Kohaulec'
I'd consider reviving you or me. Alko, no.
Zindaras- Your case looks weak. I don't like Chaotic, but we need something more substansial than that. For example, what's wrong with self voting?
Self voting early to try to start a bandwagon on yourself is bad. When you have reasons, I'm okay with it.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:44 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Twito wrote: Random might be good coz there are more town than scum..
Not really.

Sure, the odds are probably good we'd get town today, but we can't win until we revive at least 3 more people. If we just revive randomally, odds are 1 of them will be scum, and we won't have any kind of voting record or anything to figure out who.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:28 am

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Zindaras wrote:Voted self first. Quickly changed to Yos. Tried to get Thoth revived on very thin reasoning.

And that's just from the first few pages.
Wow, a rushed bandwagon and I'm the only one blamed? Not only that, but I also get priority dibs on Thoth? This can't get any better.
Don't hold back at my expense. The next 6-9 pages sound interesting.
Zindaras wrote:Not a taboo. I just find it scummy. Seeing how I'm suspicious of you, I find people who support you scummy as well. As you say yourself, I have other reasons as well. I find it slightly odd that quite a few scummy players can be associated with you.
You have other reasons, yet they don't seem to be the gist of your reasoning. The way you reference me to other people multiple times and use it to deem their actions invalid is strange.
Zindaras wrote:Self voting early to try to start a bandwagon on yourself is bad. When you have reasons, I'm okay with it.
This is such a highly detailed and well-thought out explanation. It really supports your point well.

Whether random is good or not, it's our only option if things don't get anywhere. It's just an issue that is saved for the last minute.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:17 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote:
Self voting early to try to start a bandwagon on yourself is bad. When you have reasons, I'm okay with it.
Eh? Everyone in the game as a reason to vote for themsleves. Just like everyone in a normal game has a reason to not get lynched. Why is it "bad"?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:56 pm

Post by Zindaras »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Wow, a rushed bandwagon and I'm the only one blamed?
Where did I say you were the only one to be blamed for that. Don't misrepresent my words.
Not only that, but I also get priority dibs on Thoth? This can't get any better.
Note how I'm suspicious of all the people supporting Thoth.
Whether random is good or not, it's our only option if things don't get anywhere. It's just an issue that is saved for the last minute.
You did it in your first post, if memory serves me well, and you didn't state any reasons.

Also, I really wanted to do it the old-fashioned way (gives you more satisfaction), namely by convincing you to revive me by way of argument, but since I'm going away for the weekend and I'd claim anyway, even if I was revived without having to claim, I don't want to take any risks.

I'm the
Cop
. I can investigate people in limbo.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:10 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

Zindaras wrote:Where did I say you were the only one to be blamed for that. Don't misrepresent my words.
Where did you say that anyone was to blame for it? You conveniently stated that the wagon was rushed, yet didn't mention any connection with anyone else except me. I didn't misrepresent your words, you just failed to give correct/sufficient information.
Zindaras wrote:Note how I'm suspicious of all the people supporting Thoth.
Note that "all" is really just "two." The part that you prioritize my vote over Al_ko's is apparent.

Where's the other 6-9 pages of suspicion? You're deliberately not responding to portions of my posts.
Zindaras wrote:You did it in your first post, if memory serves me well, and you didn't state any reasons.
Crap logic. You twisting the intentions of my post.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:25 pm

Post by Zindaras »

chaotic_diablo wrote:Where did you say that anyone was to blame for it? You conveniently stated that the wagon was rushed, yet didn't mention any connection with anyone else except me. I didn't misrepresent your words, you just failed to give correct/sufficient information.
Oh yes, let's look at the voters:

Yosarian2, al_kohaulec, chaotic_diablo, CrashTextDummie, themanhimself, Thoth, M4yhem

Yos voted himself. Alko gave a nice big post with reasoning, but I'm suspicious of him. I'm suspicious of you, as you posted little reasons in your vote. CTD I'm suspicious of for supporting you, as I said before, so no surprise there. theman is the only one where you actually have a point, so that's noted. Thoth is scummy, his vote for Yos being one of the reasons. M4yhem simply dropped the hammer.
Note that "all" is really just "two." The part that you prioritize my vote over Al_ko's is apparent.
Prioritize? I did no such thing. I said both of you were scummy for doing it, but alko's been posting somewhat better since then.
Where's the other 6-9 pages of suspicion? You're deliberately not responding to portions of my posts.
They're in my analysis, if anything.
Crap logic. You twisting the intentions of my post.
Twisting the intentions?

You did not post intentions. You did not post reasoning. You only voted yourself.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
chaotic_diablo
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
chaotic_diablo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:20 pm

Post by chaotic_diablo »

[quote="Oh yes, let's look at the voters:

Yosarian2, al_kohaulec, chaotic_diablo, CrashTextDummie, themanhimself, Thoth, M4yhem

Yos voted himself. Alko gave a nice big post with reasoning, but I'm suspicious of him. I'm suspicious of you, as you posted little reasons in your vote. CTD I'm suspicious of for supporting you, as I said before, so no surprise there. theman is the only one where you actually have a point, so that's noted. Thoth is scummy, his vote for Yos being one of the reasons. M4yhem simply dropped the hammer.[/quote] You're evading the point. You're not explaining how they are suspicious because of their vote on Yos. You just said they voted for yos, then gave reasons to suspect them that has nothing to with their vote. My point still stands.
Zindaras wrote:Prioritize? I did no such thing. I said both of you were scummy for doing it, but alko's been posting somewhat better since then.
Yes you did.
Zindaras wrote:Uh-huh. Saying he's okay with Thoth, but not really stating any reasons.
Al_ko doesn't get one too?
Zindaras wrote:They're in my analysis, if anything.
No they're not. You've only explained it up to the "Thoth" vote which constituted to "just the first few pages." I still want the next 6-9.
Zindaras wrote:Twisting the intentions?

You did not post intentions. You did not post reasoning. You only voted yourself.
You're twisting it again. Not only did you fail to refer to the
right
sentence, but you also failed to give an explanation on how the self-vote is scummy.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:29 pm

Post by Zindaras »

chaotic_diablo wrote:You're evading the point. You're not explaining how they are suspicious because of their vote on Yos. You just said they voted for yos, then gave reasons to suspect them that has nothing to with their vote. My point still stands.
Oh, that's what you want.

Know how really quick bandwagons in normal Mafias (and yes, I do consider this a quick bandwagon, especially on this site) are usually bad and scum-driven? Same goes for this game, except that here, scum wants to drive themselves.
Yes you did.
Well, if that's the points you want to make, I can't argue with them.
Al_ko doesn't get one too?

Read more. I quoted the post where Alko voted Thoth, as well, saying it was scummy. You, however, said you were okay with reviving Thoth, there, without stating any reasons.
No they're not. You've only explained it up to the "Thoth" vote which constituted to "just the first few pages." I still want the next 6-9.
If you want them, you'll have to wait a bit, since I'm kinda going away, as I said.
You're twisting it again. Not only did you fail to refer to the
right
sentence, but you also failed to give an explanation on how the self-vote is scummy.
A self-vote without reasoning is scummy because there's no reason behind it. It's simply an attempt to start a bandwagon on yourself.

Also,
Vote: Zindaras
. Because I want to revive the Cop.

Oh, and,
Mod
, I would like to not be replaced due to my two day-leave.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:52 pm

Post by M4yhem »

unvote, Vote: Zindaras

I have no trouble believing that claim.

I would suggest that you investigate me tonight, but it's actually a better idea to check out one of the living players. I'm sure you know which one I mean. Although obviously it's up to you.

Fos: All those not voting Zindaras

He's the cop! The Cop! Everybody bandwagon, right now!
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote: A self-vote without reasoning is scummy because there's no reason behind it. It's simply an attempt to start a bandwagon on yourself.
There is noting scummy with attempting to start a bandwagon on yourself, or with voting for yourself. Every person in the game should want to be revived. If you're pro-town, the reason you want to be revived is because you know you're pro town. That goes without saying, and knowing someone is pro-town is also the best possible reason to vote them.

Anyway,
vote:Zindaras
. Let's not revive him until we're sure there's no counter claim, ok?
m4yhem wrote: I would suggest that you investigate me tonight, but it's actually a better idea to check out one of the living players. I'm sure you know which one I mean. Although obviously it's up to you.
Terrible, anti-town advice there. What we'll need is to find an innocent to revive on day 2, and another innocent to revive on day 3. If we do that, we win, unless one of the living players is scum. Reviving is the key decision we have to make every day, and we need the cop to give us information on who to revive and who not to. Personally, if I were the cop, I'd actually be looking to investigate people I thought were probably good guys in limbo.

One idea might be to investigate themanhimself, to confirm his innocence, and then if he is innocent we revive him tommorow and let him start roleblocking living people (who aren't the cop, obveously). If we don't have a doc, a roleblocker is the next best thing; he might be able to keep the cop alive, and if a scum does get revived a roleblocker should be able help figure out who he is without us having to waste cop investigations on the living.

By the way, if we do have a doc, it might be a good idea to claim now, then the cop can check you out and we can revive you on day 2, to make sure the cop stays alive.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:24 am

Post by Zindaras »

Yosarian2 wrote:One idea might be to investigate themanhimself, to confirm his innocence, and then if he is innocent we revive him tommorow and let him start roleblocking living people (who aren't the cop, obveously). If we don't have a doc, a roleblocker is the next best thing; he might be able to keep the cop alive, and if a scum does get revived a roleblocker should be able help figure out who he is without us having to waste cop investigations on the living.
This was exactly my plan, actually.
Show
68 Wins, 71 Losses
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:14 am

The Second-On-This-Page Vote Count:

Zindaras- 4 (CrashTextDummie, Zindaras, M4yhem, Yosarian2)

Not voting [8]: Twito, Tamuz, themanhimself, yellowbounder, chaotic_diablo, al_kohaulec, Thoth, lordy

7 to revive. A Yosarian2 or Tamuz vote is a vote for squat.

I don't have a problem with a two day absence, Zindaras.

Prodding themanhimself (last post Sept 18th).

Looking for a replacement for yellowbounder.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:02 am

StallingChamp replaces yellowbounder as soon as I send him his role PM. Welcome StallingChamp!
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”