spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:42 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Yes, I agree MMOD has been lurking. But I don't think MMOD is necessarily scum because he hasn't been active in general.

mod[/]: I second the request for a replacement.

*still waiting for mos*
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:43 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

mod
Refer 2nd line in above post.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:04 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

waiting for what?
Permanent V/LA.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:40 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

mystery meat of doom (4): mathcam, Save The Dragons, Mastermind of Sin, ibaesha
MrBuddyLee (3): Fuldu, Harry_Potter, Uraj45
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
Save The Dragons (1): Yosarian2
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, armlx

8 to lynch

Prodding mystery meat of doom. I'll replace him if he fails to respond. (I'm not going to replace players who do respond and simply choose not to contribute enough for other players. If you want to hang yourself, that's your business.)
Success breeds suspicion
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:12 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Okay I swear, swear -replace me if I don't get it done- I'll get caught up by tuesday. Since I'm going away for thanksgiving.
Buy mystery meat.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:20 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Uhh... Thanksgiving? Forgive my ignorance, but what country is it Thanksgiving in? Not too sure I believe this...
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:51 pm

Post by Fuldu »

Canada's Thanksgiving is Monday.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:27 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm honestly not the biggest MAthcam fan now, but I'll have to find exactly what later.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:43 pm

Post by Yaw »

Of course Thanksgiving is this weekend. Why would anyone think otherwise? :P

(Don't mind me. I have an irrational desire to aikido American exceptionalism sometimes.)

More relevantly, I'll be happy to fulfill mystery meat of doom's request. We'll see this resolved one way or the other.
Success breeds suspicion
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Candadian holiday aside, I'm happy to leave my vote where it is until MMOD posts something substantial that leads me to believe he's not scum or is replaced by someone who does the same.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:40 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

spectrumvoid wrote:I'm not getting why thecesspit is scummy. MMOS care to share your reasons?
Erm... so far the only you've said is that you can't remember. I can't read your mind.

I'll leave the mmod situation up to the mod.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Quick Summary of TheCesspit:
Day 1:
Post 0 - votes viper
Post 1 - changes vote to DGB
Post 2 - unvotes
Post 3 - votes viper again
Post 4 - unvotes
Post 5 - correcting someone's statement
Post 6 - posting away notice
Post 7 - votes mlaker
Post 8 - changes vote to Bogre (replacement)
Post 9 - mentions Deadwood the TV series
Post 10 - more non game-related stuff (actors in the TV series)
Post 11 - Defends himself by arguing that his vote on DGB wasn't scummy. Changes vote to Spamwise
Post 12 - Agrees that he misunderstood Fuldu and tries to rexplain his vote. Makes note of mlaker/bogre and Spamwise's actions
Post 13 - Asks spamwise for a case on scummier people and asks about non-voters
Post 14 - Lists lurkers/non-posters
Post 15 - Claims the suspicion on Spamwise built after he started getting attacked
Post 16 - Asks about Fritzler post listing some random people who he says aren't suspicious
Post 17 - More comment on non-posters
Post 18 - Sarcastic reply to Fritzler's reply to his question
Day 2:
Post 19 - Speculation on the three levels assigned to players (Which brings me to a revelation I just had. What if the three levels are as follows: alignment, role(office), player?)
Post 20 - Takes back his speculation
Post 21 - Speculation on office moving; Not sure who is scum, wonders why were aren't going after Spamwise again, defends lordy
Post 22 - Claims on
Day 2
that he should be expected to use craplogic (when he defended lordy), states that he's seen nothing change in Yos's play, calls bluemonick's weak vote/follow-up
interesting
, Goes into detail about how BMQ's "I'm trapping" should be looked into and discussed, then
votes bluemonick

Post 23 - Random claim that he's a mechanic that attaches turbo boosters to bandwagons.
Post 24 - Comes back to Spamwise again, questioning why he's avoiding the bluemonick wagon and diverting attention from it
Day 3:
Post 25 - Votes spamwise (Next Day), saying he was protecting bluemonick
Post 26 - claims insight on the office moving, doesn't share it, after i attack him for ignoring the discussion of it
Post 27 - speculation on the third level of role assignments
Post 28 - Claims that one of the three scenarios I presented was true (which STD quoted just a little while ago). Votes BabyJesus, saying he's :not helpful:
Post 29 - Calls BJ's vote on Harry Potter spurious, confirms his vote
Post 30 - comment on bluemonick's "sellout", thinking it referred to Ibby but was WIFOM anyways
Post 31 - Changes vote to Harry Potter, says he likes BJ's defense, was only voting him for lack of content, admonishes Masons for not sharing information. Says he doesn't like HP's vote on BJ, says Ibby sounds desparate.
Post 32 - Says BJ is posting no contect, we should pressure him after we lynch HP
Post 33 - Comment on BJ's accusation of HP; Happy with BJ or HP lynch
Post 34 - Changes vote to BJ because of the "my pm sas I'm protown" post. Says he thinks BJ and HP are both scum and BJ must be trying to bus HP. Says I should "realize" that he says stupid things all the time. Backpedals on his comment on Ibby's desparation.
Post 35 - Response to MBL not liking his Post 34
Day 4:
Post 36 - Speculates on triangulation of office mover in order to find out who it is
Post 37 - Can't see a reason why office mover is more or less likely to be scum then states a reason why he would expect it to be scum
Post 38 - Explains why he still doesn't like BJ's play (defense of Coron's attack on everyone that went after BJ). Calls attention to there being suspicion of mathcam on Day 2
Post 39 - Agrees with mathcam that people need to remember the randomness of the game and votes Coron for trying to set up a lynch, especially since he confessed to missing yesterday on purpose
Post 40 - Asks MBL how he is protecting Mathcam (MBL said he was protecting cam in a previous post)
Post 41 - Says he wants to know what he's done so he can defend himself in response to MBL's promise to post an in depth analysis of TheCesspit (you'll finally get your chance, eh? Even though you had a chance yesterday and didn't take it)
Post 42 - Votes pooky for lurking and says he can't figure out the Ibby/MBL/MoS interaction, but he's sure the scum are getting by through lurking.

Analysis:
Day 1 -
He changed his vote status way too much in the beginning of the game for my tastes. He doesn't have a contributing (defending himself doesn't count) post until his interaction with spamwise late in Day 1. To me it looks like he had about 2 contributing posts all of day 1, while still posting often enough that he seemed to be saying a lot. If he hadn't had so many posts that contributed
nothing
, I don't think this would be as big a deal.

Notes:
Pressured Bogre/mlaker, who was protown
Pressured spamwise

Day 2 -
I really take issue with post 22. First off, you can't just say "I use craplogic all the time early game" and expect that to exonerate you. That's just trying to get an excuse for bad behavior. Also, you barely mentioned bluemonick's actions, went into more detail about BMQ's scumminess, but hopped on the bluemonick wagon in the SAME POST. THEN you turn around attack spamwise for diverting attention from the bluemonick wagon, which I see as an attempt to bring attention back to spamwise and divert attention from the bluemonick wagon.

Notes:
Was on the bluemonick wagon, who was scum
Pressured spamwise

Day 3 -
I see Post 28 (and i did back then as well) as him either telling the truth or claiming it because it was convenient as scum. And he may well have scum info about office moving, which would correllate with his expectation that the office mover would be scum. Then began the series of posts that caught my attention. He jumps on the BJ wagon, criticizing BJ's vote of Harry Potter. Then he changes his vote to Harry Potter, claiming to like BJ's defense (although there was none to speak of), and criticizes HP's vote on BJ. Then he equlizes his position, giving him to opportunity to join either wagon by claiming that he's now suspicious of both of them. When BJ makes the critical "mistake" that was garnering him a lot of votes, he takes the opportunity to hop back over to the wagon, while still saying we should lynch HP, too. He also says he'll respond to my accusations about this on the next day, but he has done nothing to mention it so far on Day 4.

Notes:
Pressured spamwise/mathcam

Day 4 -
He hasn't done much yet today. He still needs to defend himself from yesterday's attacks. I'm also interested by the fact that he randomly calls attention to the fact that people (especially himself) were suspicious of mathcam/spamwise back on Day 2 or so, out of the blue. I would be interested to see if MBL can justify that TheCesspit was protecting mathcam, because i'm not really seeing it. If he can convince me otherwise, that would be REALLY inconsistent on TheCesspit's part. And now even though he's been calling for spamwise to be lynched practically all game, he wants to go after Pooky for lurking all of a sudden. That doesn't sit well with me, not at all.

Notes:
Called suspicion on mathcam/spamwise

Also,
unvote, vote: TheCesspit
since mmod has promised (with threat of replacement if he fails) a full reread plus contribution, in a addition to the fact that I've discovered several more reasons that I think TheCesspit is scum, so my conviction is strengthened.

Is this what you guys wanted? Sorry it's so long, I know some people don't like full PBPAs, but in TheCesspit's case I believe that part of the argument against him is looking at the total volume of his posts compared to the actual contribution, so it needed to be documented.
Permanent V/LA.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Good points, MOS.
unvote:savethedragons

vote:thecesspit
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:12 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Unvote, vote: Cesspit

IGMEOY MMoD.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:17 pm

*poke* cmon ppl, 2 posts in 24 hours ain't cuttin' it.
Permanent V/LA.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:13 am

Post by Fuldu »

Well, I was in favor of a Cesspit lynch back on day one, so if the MBL bandwagon isn't going anywhere, I'll gladly change to Cesspit.

unvote: MrBuddyLee; vote: TheCesspit
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:16 am

Post by mathcam »

I'll switch as soon as mmod posts something of substance.

Cam
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:55 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Good posting MOS.
fos: the cesspit
No vote (hoping he'll say something in his defense).

This game is really hard to play because people keep disappearing.
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:01 am

TheCesspit needs to post NOW, and everyone else needs to stop lurking plz.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:52 am

WTF, no posts in 24 hours!?
MOD: Requesting a Deadline, please, as well as prods on everyone in the game except me, spectrumvoid, mathcam, Fuldu, Yosarian2, and Save The Dragons.
Permanent V/LA.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:05 am

Post by Fuldu »

Jesus, MoS, calm down. It's a holiday weekend in the US, too. So a lot of people who can only play at school or their job (depending on where they work) don't have access. And MMoD, who several players have said they're waiting on, specifically said he wouldn't have access until Tuesday.

And besides that, if we had a clear contender for lynch and just couldn't get enough people, then maybe requesting a deadline would be a good idea. As it is, it's not even clear whether we'd go to no lynch at this point. All a deadline is going to do at this point is to force us to ram through whatever lynch is possible and limit the information we can get out of it.

mod:
For deadline purposes, is half of 8 4 or 5?
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:10 am

Post by Yaw »

Prods sent as requested.

I'm going to hold off on a deadline until the mystery meat of doom thing is resolved. I recognize that the lack of posting is in part due to this and my allowing him the weekend.
Success breeds suspicion
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:22 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Requesting a deadline isn't an especally pro-town act, MOS, but I agree with you about the lurking, it's getting out of control.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:54 pm

Post by armlx »

I'm not liking the current wagons that much at all. I just don't see anything overly useful.

However, MoS's posts just seem off to me. I can't say what, but they are just off.

Vote MoS
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't like how MOS asked for prods, then a deadline. I thought it's usual practice to ask for prods only first?

But then again, I totally understand his frustration. I managed to get myself killed somewhere because of this too.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”