Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:18 am

Post by Fritzler »

hmmm....can we kill crash text dummie now?
Surfs up dude.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, some quick thoughts on the people on the king's list of exectuion.

Pablito: His constant defense/buddying up to Glork is a minor scum tell, and he hasn't done much else.

Bird111: all he's done is vote Gork and Pablito for no good reason. Clearly :not helpfull: at best.

Phobus: I really can't get a good read on him at the moment. His shameless bandwagoning dosn't look good, but I'm not sure if it's a scumtell at this point. More suspicious is his refusal to contribute in any real way, with helpful comments like "still nothing to add at this point".

CDB: Don't really see anything too suspicious about him at this point.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

I'm sorry guys... esp. since I'm in other games w/ some of you and it's bad play across the board... Life is crazy at the moment.
I read posts from the time I last posted up until now, and since I have a little time, I'm trying to do a full re-read-- but I'll comment on what's caught my eye.
Pablito wrote:No, I won't reveal what I was thinking when I said I'll defend Glork to the bone. Ask me some other day.
pablito wrote:No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
I was first bothered by the fact that he refuses to explain on either count, then by the fact that he switches stances almost immediately a post later, and explains his vote on Nightson.
MBL wrote:This rubbed me the wrong way, tiger. If we have an impressionable Kingmaker, they'll likely heed your will. Hypothetically, scum can easily kill the one of those two that's town, leaving us with a scum king tomorrow.
Interesting connotation there…
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
Nightson wrote:Okay, first things first,
unvote:all

Upon reading through the game (which took forever), I've got three people to comment on specifically.

cardb0ardb0x is newbie town, classic townie who cracks under pressure, and his later posts haven't been scummy.

pablito: weird and scummy, seems to enjoy buddying up to people, getting general scum vibes from him
vote: pablito

phoebus: This should be obvious, joined the biggest bandwagons and has yet toactually contribute to the game
vote: phoebus

I can't get a read on either bird1111 or Mert as of yet.
NS wrote:Anyway, I unvoted because I don't really care what vikingfan's reasons for voting you were. My vote for you was for the reasons given in the post where I voted for you. I can't comment on what vikingfan did cause I'm not him.
Your voting reasons seem flimsy—you haven’t backed them up at all. And no you can’t comment from his perspective, but you’ve have to keep his actions in mind, just like we do when comparing yours to his…
vote:Nightson

That’s all for the moment… looking….
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by Thok »

Ameliaslay wrote:
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Or rather, I sort of think I know what you are talking about, but wonder why you would try to interpret my comments in that way, since that was clearly not what I meant at all, and I have a hard time believing that my statement could have been read that way.

Vote Ameliaslay
, since I think you're trying way to hard to attack Nightson in your last post. (I personally feel pablito is also trying too hard to attack Nightson, but well, I'm already voting him.) I can't decide if this is an attempt at busing scum or trying to create a bandwagon on an innocent.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Thok wrote:
Ameliaslay wrote:
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Or rather, I sort of think I know what you are talking about, but wonder why you would try to interpret my comments in that way, since that was clearly not what I meant at all, and I have a hard time believing that my statement could have been read that way.

Vote Ameliaslay
, since I think you're trying way to hard to attack Nightson in your last post. (I personally feel pablito is also trying too hard to attack Nightson, but well, I'm already voting him.) I can't decide if this is an attempt at busing scum or trying to create a bandwagon on an innocent.
1.)I was just looking at the first part... and at your quote again and realized, when I made that comment I was thinking that he was replacing someone else and that you were making a generalization on replacements... I didn't totally think that one through, and I apologize.

2.) Trying way to hard to attack him? I placed a vote because I was expressing my suspicion, and when I clarify my thoughts on a few others, I'll be placing votes on them. Coming into a game, it doesn't seem like his analysis of the people that he commented on was very in depth... yet he was defending his reasons-- that's what caught my eye.

And while I'm thinking of it, though I have an idea why.... Since you're explaining your suspicions of nightson pablito, you might well detail the ones you hold for me.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by pablito »

Sure, I've since forgotten the reasons.
Unvote: Ameliaslay
I'm sure there was a stupid reason, but eh, I can't be bothered. Probably was gut. But I feel satisfied with your latest posts.

Oh and btw,
Unvote: MBL
I don't feel like keeping up with him. I'm not saying he's no longer scummy in my eyes, but it's clear I won't get much more out of him today and getting to ignore him for awhile will be better for me.
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:34 pm

Post by Nightson »

Ameliaslay wrote: Your voting reasons seem flimsy—you haven’t backed them up at all.
I’m going to assume you mean my vote on pablito because I can’t see how you’d call my stated reasons for phoebus flimsy.

Pablito is scummy when he tries to buddy up to people and he’s scummy when he makes posts like the one right above me. I find pretty much all of his posts to be off, they seem strange and not protown.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by pablito »

But they're obviously intentional. How could anyone be that strange and natural?
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:But they're obviously intentional. How could anyone be that strange and natural?
Eh? Are you saying your purposely trying to act scummy?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
cardb0ardb0x
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Post by cardb0ardb0x »

On the

On Pablito: I don't get it. In my eyes there's equal chance that pablito's acting scummy so he won't get mafia'd at night or that he's just plain old scum. I don't see how we're supposed to tell day 1. However, the deliberate nature of his actions-
pablito wrote:But they're obviously intentional. How could anyone be that strange and natural?
(did he mean unnatural?) suggests a level of planning. I'm guessing that especially creative tactics are usually employed by the mafia rather than the town.
On the other hand, his behavior may be allocated towards a desire to simply take a big gamble and assume that any one particular player is on the town's side/ally, right off the bat. All things considored, the probability that one will end up randomly choosing another townie is very good. That may have been pab's original thinking, although it looks less and less like this is the case as time goes on...

On bird1111: There really isn't much to say, seeing as how he hasn't posted much at all (7 posts total, only 1 since september15th). The case against bird1111 is some fishy vote movements very early on. Looking at them, it's very possible that they were just regular day 1 votes that were just twiddled with too much.

On channeldelibird: Has justification for all actions, although that obviously doesn't automatically make him town.

On phoebus: I had forgotten how unproductive his posts were. He's never had anything to add, and never had any inhibitions about proclaiming how little he had to add or how little he had read, kind of intentionally dragging his heels. Doesn't automatically make mafia, however.

In summary, after looking over what I just wrote,
unvote: bird1111
and
looks reasonable. I had previously voted for pablito, and unvoted... now it seems a little more justified to do so.
Every possible situation in mafia is a WIFOM situation of varying complexity. Therefore, all logic is useless, so, just don't vote for yourself, and don't vote for me, and you'll be ok.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:56 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

unvote box
Sorry for leaving it for so long, I just forgot I was voting him.

My vote on Phoebus stays, for exactly the same reasons as before.

I can't get a read on bird and CDB, because bird has just not been contributing much, but so have other people in this game.

I read him as someone who made a mistake, and now is trying to pass it off as a deliberate attempt. It seems insincere to me.
Blank.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:42 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Fritz... when we lynched CTD in PRIII a day ago or so be blew up and took 4 others w/ him :( one of which was me :?. (even though there's no way for that to happen in this game... i'm still wary of lynching him :().
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:07 am

Post by Mert »

So the obvious question is why are you acting strange intentionally?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:12 am

Post by pablito »

To see fools like you try so hard to justify a vote on me because you know that it's the easiest and most convenient path. In other words, I'm seeking opportunistic scum.

I should stop it though, in light of the retractable deadline.

You gotta think though, why would I become even more suspicious at this time in the day? especially after people began to stop suspecting me?
Sup, later.
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:15 am

Post by Mert »

Well I'm not voting for you so I assume that's a general point?
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:30 am

Post by pablito »

Yeah, but you're still a fool. So point still holds.
Sup, later.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:00 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Twomz: I don't get what your point is... Are you saying you don't want to lynch CTD just because in another game he was like kamikaze or something? How does that affect this game?
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:11 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Apparently. That's dumb.
Permanent V/LA.
cardb0ardb0x
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
Townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:05 am

Post by cardb0ardb0x »

Ameliaslay wrote:
Pablito wrote:No, I won't reveal what I was thinking when I said I'll defend Glork to the bone. Ask me some other day.
pablito wrote:No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
Is it possible, so early in the game, that pablito was erroneously trying to imply that he and glork were masons, even though there are clearly no masons in this game...? I'm just trying to make sense of what he's doing.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:18 am

Post by pablito »

cbox, your answer. And it was all contained in my first controversial post, I'll just reinterpret it for you so that it makes more sense.
pablito in 29 wrote:I will defend Glork today to the bone. He'll have some awesome moves (whether anti-town or pro-town) within time and even if he's scum, I will not vote him/suggest his execution because he'll have such an uphill battle to fight. He's going to try to live up to last Kingmaker so he's got a tough image to beat. Either he's going to have to look like a supremely pro-town townie or a supremely pro-town assassin. He's already so visible (ditto with petroleumjelly) that it'll be easier to sniff out pro-town and anti-town vibes from them later. I'd rather focus on sniffing out the less visible players this time even if it means everyone is going to vote and suspect me.

There ya go. Feel free to vote me now Smile
So wait. My first post about my defense on Glork never mentioned that I knew Glork's alignment, only that I was putting a burden of supremely pro-town play on him. So where's this coming from cbox?

Furthermore, I explicitly say here that I will focus on sniffing out less visible players even if it means everyone is going to vote and suspect me. And what have I done? I've defended and restrained myself from going after cbox, I've acknowledged that Phoebus has a good reason for his votes, and when I voted someone, it was often the
first vote
and first argument against that person. So no one should say that I've done anything inconsistent. If you say I appear scummy, read that above post again and say that the above post is scummy in itself, not that my subsequent actions have been necessarily scummy.

I already alerted everyone to my plan - defend highly visible players and I picked out Glork and a small mention of PJ as those that I would defend. This was before others popped up. I also gave rationale as to why I will appear to defend these people - because we should focus on others who are sliding by (thusly not as visible). Also note again that I do not admit to knowing their alignment through exterior means, and that I also don't admit that I'm even defending someone because they're not scummy, but only because I did not want to focus on visible people today.

Why is this productive? Because in a game where wagons help but aren't necessarily culminating inevitably toward a lynch - it is of the utmost importance to seek out everyone as equally as possible to give the king a more informed decision. Why waste so much time help pile on Phoebus or cardb0ardb0x when I can point out little things from CDB Mert and Ubertimmy? If I were a non-productive townie, I could as easily focus and expand on previous arguments so that we end up near deadline with very few suspects who we've analyzed ad nauseum. Instead, we at least have
some
number of suspects to go off of. This might not be something that everyone thinks is truly productive, and it might have actually been counter-productive, but I think there have been some interesting reactions that might give us more informed decisions in later days. Very few people have done some good questioning, so I think that the lack of suspects is due to the apathy of the town most of all.

Also, would someone who is seeking out not-so-visible suspects try to act not-so-visible. Yeah, possibly, but didn't I mention that I probably would be voted during the day?

I think aside from Ameliaslay and MBL votes, I lead a charge against someone who wasn't as visible before. Also subsequently, I unvoted those people at the same time when I knew that these votes couldn't hold any water (which is admittedly not good play).

cbox, I want to suspect you, but you just confuse me instead (masons?). Your suspicions seem justified and if you're pro-town please continue doing this - I wouldn't even mind if you keep on doing it with me - but at least suspect and follow-up with questions just like you are doing.
Sup, later.
ubertimmy
ubertimmy
Goon
ubertimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:19 am

Post by ubertimmy »

My suspiscions haven't changed much. Not a big Cardboard box fan tho.

Vote: Cardboardbox
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:47 pm

Post by pablito »

glork nightson pj pablito ctd cdb fritz yos amelia thok cbox spectrum twomz mert mos ubertimmy

Well, deadline in about two days and we still haven't heard from bird1111, Dead Rikimaru, Machiavellian-Mafia, MrBuddyLee, Phoebus, PookyTheMagicalBear, Rosso Carne, and Vaughn since the deadline was set on Monday. 8/24 haven't said anything since the LoE went up then. And we expect to be playing the game well when two of those on the LoE haven't even said anything in their defense? I just hope that some day results and night results will get the town acting in Day 2 because Day 1 has been fairly useless.

I hope that activity strongly picks up this weekend so that we get the deadline retracted, but we all know how weekends are.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:48 pm

Post by pablito »

Mistake, three days until deadline. But still, sentiment is the same. Three days is too little time to make an informed decision unless we all chip in.
Sup, later.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

unvote everyone, vote: Channel Delibird

I don't get an ounce of scumminess from bird/Phoebus's posts yet, just laziness and weirdness. I don't groove on some of the suspicions CDB expresses, and I'll go into detail on those in another post soon. I also want to evaluate pabs because he's said some weird shit.

I think even though we've got a LOE we should still all keep commenting on people off the list. I'll do a full reread and post tonight if possible.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:02 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't like the way box specially picked out that comment of pablito's to accuse pablito of implying he's a mason. There have been many (way too many) other totally weird comments that some people have said in this game that I can't make sense of.

I am more-or-less satisfied with pablito's latest post explaining his actions. And so
unvote: pablito

MBL: I don't get why you're saying that people who are lazy and weird cannot be scum.
Blank.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”