NY 160B - Welcome to Castle Zar - TIME FOR FIREWORKS!

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 535, Baby Spice wrote:
In post 395, Tammy wrote:

Okay so beyond this rather flaccid rundiwn of the mehdi wagon where you don't seem to actually come to any evaluations, what is p with your super duper laser focus on johhog? So, you say insults are a pet peeve, do you actually find that a scummy action or are you just pointing out what you don't like about johhog? You say his vote is terribad, but why is it?

Oh nice one, delete the evaluations and claim I didn't make any. Ok, Vi and Snowstorms' evaluations are "soft" perhaps, but there. Then insult my post. I do find casual insults scummy. Johhog's ranting ones in #87 is at least genuine.
Continuously insulting someone to try and upset them and degenerate an discussion into an insult match though, regardless is really really scummy. Especially if you've looked at my past games. Hint, it's why there's a year long gap in me playing.
Not saying that that is what you're doing but I don't remember you insulting many other people.

I've said why Johhog's vote is terribad a few times now. #109, #186, #276

I did not insult you. Your post read more as a summary and busy work.

Never mind on the johhog vote...wires crossed. I was referring to johhogs empire vote and didn't make that clear.

baby wrote:
I don't see how mehdi, and apparently you to, can't see the town motivation in johhogs vote and reasoning on empire. That you both seem to be willfully misinterpreting the issue and refusing to listen to the widely accepted definitions of things and are instead sticking to your thought up definitions makes no town sense to me. I see the scum sense though.

I have no understanding of what you are getting at. Have I even mentioned Johhog's vote on Empire? I was saving that for day 2 since we looked like getting a flip from someone on that Empire wagon. But.
I will mention Johhog's vote on that wagon now. It sucked. It was bad. It was predicated on Empire knowing how NS played. If NS had not made the "Nothing to fear" comment, then Empire's vote would have been bad and Johhog reasonable. But NS' comment is suspicious. It could easily have been scum coaching scum.
Yes NS is an "easy target" and normally opportunistic votes on them are bad, but as someone said sometimes the easy targets are actually scum. Not that I'm saying NS is scum. Too early to tell with him.

In essence, running up a wagon on somebody because they voted an "easy target" falls into that voting an easy target meme itself.

This puts SAD, MoI, and Medhi in a bad light too btw.

Well johhogs empire vote was rather important as it was the basis for which mehdi voted johhog. At least with you saying it was bad, you are discussing the situation in the same light as everyone else. And true it was predicated on empire knowing that and if there was no follow up maybe it would be really bad, but johhog asked two follow up questions of empire - if he had ever played with ns and if he knew he was an easy target.

Does AA coming back town change your view of nobody specials comment to him. What are your thoughts on nobody special?

baby wrote:
I also don't understand how you can't see my point. Mehdi voted empire for a scummy reason, or at least for a really bad and flimsy one, changed his mind and immediately started scum hunting the wagon he had just been on before really anyone had a chance to update their reads. He then picked the most townie vote on empire and calls it the scummiest. He then has not listened to why his interpretation is incorrect. I can't follow this thought process nor can I see the town motivation here.

I can't see you're point. Granted Medhi's vote on Empire wasn't great. None of them were. But why is Medhi scummy for realizing that his vote was bad and changing it? Why is Johhog's vote the "most town", because it wasn't. It was the worst. Why was Medhi's actions there different from any of his other actions in this game, or others that he is playing/has played?

I don't think his interpretation was wrong, I think yours is. But then several of your interpretations are wrong Tammy

Mehdi wasn't scummy for realizing his vote was bad and changing it; I didn't like how he immediately scum read the wagon he was on just minutes before and before any of those other people had a chance to rethink empire like mehdi did. We'll just have to agree to disagree on johhogs vote, but why isn't MoI's the worst?

My main problem with mehdi's interpretation was that we weren't using the same definition for what we were arguing and therefore couldn't come to an understanding.

It's fine if some of my interpretations are wrong. It's bound to happen when you don't actually know anything. How do you know that my interpretations are wrong though? If you're just as uninformed as I am, you wouldn't *know* if I'm wrong or right.

baby wrote:

Why is mehdi such a strong town read for you that you're working so hard for him?

And also, by the way, it is not scummy to vote without a reason. Any halfway competent person can give a reason for why they would vote before hand and ont need to make one up afterwards. It's got nothing to do with nice. This is mafia not the miss congeniality pageant, and voting without reason can garner some interesting reactions. But this is entering MD territory.

Answered in #489.

Please explain the towniness of voting without a reason. Note, not voting without giving a reason, but voting without a reason.

I'm not sure what the thread difference of that is. In any case, both ways, you could be gauging reactions, and that's town.

If you don't like votes without reasons, how come you never said anything about the votes on empire for no reason? SAD cots empire without A reason but then gave a reason after mehdi asked. But moi also vote empire without a reason. What is your read on moi?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 550, Baby Spice wrote:Lol. That is so funny Johhog.

Vote Johhog

Not only did you have the worst, most scummy vote on an obv town wagon that flipped town, you immediatly vote the person who pointed out how scummy your vote was the next day.

This reads fake.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 548, DeasVail wrote:Rofl, how has Mehdi being town affected your read of me?

Also, to you and SAD, why MoI-scum? I remember thinking he was town when I was reading.

Why are you reading him as town? My problem with moi is, as I said, how he didn't say anything meaningful concerning the mehdi wagon. He asked rofl to tell him why he was scum without fluffy language and talked to Arthur about Arthur thinking he was obvscum, but he didn't offer up his own opinions on what was a major portion of the conversation yesterday. He left his vote on empire the entire day, and though he attacked empire somewhat he looked more to be arguing for the sake of keeping busy but not pushing anything.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

VOTE: kingmaker
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 553, Tammy wrote:Why are you reading him as town? My problem with moi is, as I said, how he didn't say anything meaningful concerning the mehdi wagon. He asked rofl to tell him why he was scum without fluffy language and talked to Arthur about Arthur thinking he was obvscum, but he didn't offer up his own opinions on what was a major portion of the conversation yesterday. He left his vote on empire the entire day, and though he attacked empire somewhat he looked more to be arguing for the sake of keeping busy but not pushing anything.

I'm going to try and update my reads properly tonight, but it was his attack on Empire for exactly what I was thinking and other things matched up with what I expect from him as town rather than scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:10 am

Post by DeasVail »

MoI, what was your read on Mehdi yesterday?

MoI:

I'm very interested in his response to my question, but I like his read on Empire in and well... posts like are pretty much what I expect from MoI-town, whereas I think he's more likely to buddy and be 'nicer' as scum (this is from limited experience though).

~~

So... scumreads.

Snowstorm- His Mehdi-vote starts off as just a feeling , but he never really seems to be trying to consider his alignment. I think a lot of his questions are designed to incriminate rather than gain information from the answers. An exception to this is , but his next post is something that could be said regardless of what Mehdi's answer was (and I don't think his answer there was scummy), making the whole process seem really fake to me.

Another thing is that I get the impression of him being in "Lynch-Mehdi" mode and just being negative towards him in every way, which I think is likely from scum. Examples are and his over-reaction to the claim in .

Snowstorm is my main scumread right now, but my others are:

Kingmaker- Mainly because of this:
In post 474, Kingmaker wrote:Easy target? I could have hammered Mehdi there and move the game to a date that is more comfortable for me(after my exam, that is), but I didn't?

Baby Spice- Never really tries to stop a Mehdi lynch despite a strong enough townread to attack those who suspected him.

There are also a few others who are kind of scummy and kind of townish, and I'm still deciding what I think of them really, but I'm happy enough with where I'm at right now.

Vote: Snowstorm
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:13 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 548, DeasVail wrote:Rofl, how has Mehdi being town affected your read of me?

Oh, and add MoI to this too.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:17 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 551, Tammy wrote:If you don't like votes without reasons, how come you never said anything about the votes on empire for no reason?

There's a difference in having a reason and not giving it, and not having a reason. How do you tell the difference, well to quote Han Solo "There's the trick"

Some players do it all the time, or do it in certain ways. Those you learn by experience I suppose. Sometimes you can work out what there reason was by looking at the game.

As a general rule, if they later give a reason and it revolves about things that happened after the vote then they probably didn't have one.

SAD cots empire without A reason but then gave a reason after mehdi asked.

Think I addressed SAD's vote already. Ok, I over simplified it a tad.

SAD voted Empire, presumably based on Emp's #34. But SAD did so in a funny way to my mind. Not that that is bad in and of itself. But Emp's vote, or rather the reasons that Emp gave in #34 seem entirely reasonable. Which makes it strange that SAD would vote without giving a reason at the time. SAD's reason, given 8 odd minutes later after being asked for it by Medhi is weak.

To me this seems to be a "Vote without a reason, get called on it right away, come up with something quickly" situation.

But moi also vote empire without a reason. What is your read on moi?

I don't. Ever since this game I've either ignored, avoided, or outright buddied MoI regardless of relative alignments. He brings out the absolute worst in me and I really don't like it. In #276 I said that insults were a personal pet peeve of mine. That game, and MoI, are why.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 am

Post by Zar »

The construction of the first post in the Zar Estate took about another year; a small tower fortress was built overlooking the castle woods. The building that is now called the Western Tower was finished for the Feast of the Epiphany of the year 1513.

Day 2, Votecount 1

MagnaOfIllusion (2): Ser Arthur Dayne, roflcopter

BabySpice (1): Johhog
Johhog (1): BabySpice
Kingmaker (1): Tammy
SnowStorm (1): DeasVail

Not Voting (6):
SnowStorm, Kingmaker, Empire, Konowa, MagnaofIllusion, Nobody Special

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: Thursday, January 5th, 2013 12:15 PM New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2013-01-05 12:15:00)

Empire is V/LA until Wednesday

Konowa is V/LA until Wednesday
Last edited by Zar on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Empire »

@Tammy:
What was it that you wanted my feedback for from here?

Also, for my own purposes, reads at the end of D1:
TOWN(S->W):
Tammy, Johhog,
AA9
, Arthur,
Vi
, Snow, roflcopter, [gap], NS, Konowa
Scum in {
Mehdi
, MoI, DV, Baby Spice, Kingmaker}

Going to give the thread another reread when I get some time, got some theories that I want to lay down when everyone, myself included, trickles in from holiday fun.
Kingmaker
Kingmaker
Goon
Kingmaker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:58 am

Post by Kingmaker »

I wonder why no one didn't comment about 2 deaths. Am I missing something?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Empire »

It's not worth discussing at this time.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Baby, what's the difference between avoiding and ignoring?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:00 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 561, Kingmaker wrote:I wonder why no one didn't comment about 2 deaths. Am I missing something?

I'm wondering why you're not commenting on anything game relevant.

Empire - I dont remember right now what that was. I think you basically answered what I was wondering about your thoughts when you checked in after though.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Proddodge
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by Johhog »

In post 565, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Proddodge
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Zar »

SPECIAL HOLIDAY BREAK FROM THE CAROLING MOD

Town or scumbag, town or scumbag
Welcome Christmas, Christmas day!
Welcome Christmas, Christmas day
Welcome, welcome Scum or Townie
Welcome, welcome Scum or Townie
Christmas day may be a blast
So long as you have votes to cast
Welcome Christmas near the lynch
Welcome all before their flip.

SEASON'S GREETINGS GUESTS!
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Empire »

Hmmm...

@DV:
If you thought SnowStorm's line of inquiry was scummy, why didn't you make any comment on it D1? I mean, you replaced in and presumably would have read the whole thread and noticed that then.

(Yes, this is me building up to a scumread on you!)
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:11 am

Post by Empire »

Correction: your replace-in comes before the bulk of Snow's questioning, but my question still stands.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Baby Spice »

In post 563, Nobody Special wrote:Baby, what's the difference between avoiding and ignoring?

Avoiding would be not signing up for games that he is in. (Having said that I did that very thing the other day, though it's a large. The other games we were both in together he signed up for after I did iirc.)
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

(Prod dodge. Merry Christmas!)
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 568, Empire wrote:Hmmm...

@DV:
If you thought SnowStorm's line of inquiry was scummy, why didn't you make any comment on it D1? I mean, you replaced in and presumably would have read the whole thread and noticed that then.

(Yes, this is me building up to a scumread on you!)

I had a townread on him Day 1. I read through ISOs again Day 2 (and Mehdi-town influenced this). Now I have a scumread on him.

It's pretty magical stuff.

But you probably know this and even if I was scum, I wouldn't be all like "Oh! You got me!" so what were you hoping to get from it?
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Post by Empire »

I asked because I've been hanging around Faraday too long.

When I read through that post my initial reaction was that you were manufacturing reasons to vote SnowStorm rather than just something that came about naturally since I feel a lot of the issues you have with regards to his line of inquiry were presumably easily spot-able D1 and should have been raised then (and I don't really see much in the way of Mehdi's town flip that should have colored the turnaround especially given how others approached the wagon).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I'm not seeing the problem at all...
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so Empire, if you continue to suspect me with this reasoning, I will think you are scum.

Also, what do you think of Snowstorm?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”