Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SL seems to be doing the oldest scum trick in the book here.

"vote:you"

"Why are you voting me?"

"Hah! Now you're being overdefensive! Confirm vote: you!"

I really hate that logic.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:23 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Then vote it, and stop hedging your bets. Or do you find the mini-neo wagon to be more compelling?

You didn't even give us a FOS to work with. Well, I have one...

FOS: Yos
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah, I do like the mini neo bandwagon better. They were scummy, then they were scummier; Sprontalic just kept jumping bandwagons, and they've done nothing since.

It's starting to look like they won't get lynched today, though. If it looks like it might lead to a lynch (and my partner dosn't disagree) I might move my vote to SL before the deadline.
Courk
Courk
Townie
Courk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by Courk »

HyToFry and Mini Neo have been poked yet again. About 43 hours remain until the deadline!
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Yosarian2 wrote:SL seems to be doing the oldest scum trick in the book here.

"vote:you"

"Why are you voting me?"

"Hah! Now you're being overdefensive! Confirm vote: you!"

I really hate that logic.
Really, do I have to explain this again?

The "vote: you" was RANDOM.

I just decided to leave it on because somebody got riled up over three random votes.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:48 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

you random voted him by accusing him of scum straight off the bat, cryptically saying he claimed scum.

Then you're like, OMG he's being overdefensive, which I still fail to see, even with the big Xs.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:23 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Save The Dragons wrote:you random voted him by accusing him of scum straight off the bat, cryptically saying he claimed scum.

Then you're like, OMG he's being overdefensive, which I still fail to see, even with the big Xs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

"Now that H2 da Tizzle and I are back, and no longer lurking, I say people give good voting reasons, or unvote us. For some random craplogic reason we are the majority vote."

Is screaming to get off him because they have three votes from random votes.

"They aren't voting us because they know the truth. My other head is speaking for us both. There you have it. SCUM"

A great non overdefensive response which I don't see how you can not see.

"Overdefensive = scum
No defense = scum"

A bit scrambling there for a misrepresentation.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:47 pm

Post by pablito »

We're some 40 hrs from deadline right? So let's start to finalize everything so we don't have a last minute scramble.
Sup, later.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 pm

Ok, so saying it's a joke makes it unrefutably non-defensable. Obviously H2 made a mistake when he saw your vote and should have realized that not only were you joking, but that it was a random vote.

Cuz I sure didn't.

first quote seems to be asking for reasons.

second quote he's calling you out for voting him. but he doesn't vote you.

third vote he's asking to clarify why you found him suspicious. Yeah, it's desperate, but it's because you're dragging him through shit without telling him why.

That's where I stand.

I'm not sure what to think of you at this point.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:47 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I did a reread. I'm currently undecided as to whether Eon/re or SL/bird are more scummy. My reasons thinking bird/SL are scummy are pretty much the same as anyone else's. (refer 460, 475). I also agree with STD recent posts. I don't think SL has presented a valid defense. I also didn't think it was a joke.

I'm leaving my vote on Eon/re because I am not satisfied with their response + the original reasons why I think he's scummy.

I'd also like to hear more from minineo/htf before the deadline.
Blank.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:26 pm

Post by Nightson »

unvote, vote:SL

Still find mini/sprontalic scummy, but liking and SL/bird lynch over Eon/re2fan or spec/lordy.
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 pm

Post by Eon »

spectrumvoid wrote:I did a reread. I'm currently undecided as to whether Eon/re or SL/bird are more scummy. My reasons thinking bird/SL are scummy are pretty much the same as anyone else's. (refer 460, 475). I also agree with STD recent posts. I don't think SL has presented a valid defense. I also didn't think it was a joke.

I'm leaving my vote on Eon/re because I am not satisfied with their response + the original reasons why I think he's scummy.

I'd also like to hear more from minineo/htf before the deadline.
Umm hello werent you the one who told ¨I dont think those 2 are scums¨after that post you did and kept voting on me i only did 3 posts and NOW you sound sure that im scum.So which parts made you change your mind?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:38 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

ShadowLurker wrote:
"Now that H2 da Tizzle and I are back, and no longer lurking, I say people give good voting reasons, or unvote us. For some random craplogic reason we are the majority vote."

Is screaming to get off him because they have three votes from random votes.
He had three votes, for completly illogical reasons, and was asking people to either stop voting for him or give reasons for their votes. Sounds like a perfectly rational response to me.
"They aren't voting us because they know the truth. My other head is speaking for us both. There you have it. SCUM"

A great non overdefensive response which I don't see how you can not see.
"Overdefensive = scum
No defense = scum"

A bit scrambling there for a misrepresentation.
The second one I actually agree with; if a person is attacked and dosn't defend themselves, then they get attcked for that. If a person is attacked and does defend themselves, they get attacked for being "overdefensive". It's complete craplogic, and I remember abusing that particular trap myself in my first couple of games as scum.

The first one; eh, people were still voting him and refusing to explain why, so he got frustrated and called them scum. Not the best of responses, but hardly a scum tell.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:37 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Eon did you read this part (underlined):
Eon wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:I'm leaving my vote on Eon/re because
I am not satisfied with their response + the original reasons why I think he's scummy.
Thanks for pointing out you only did 3 posts. That's the exactly the posts I was referring to when I said I wasn't satisfied with your response.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:27 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

How many hours are we away from deadline? I'm GMT +8, what's the normal one?
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:06 am

Post by Thok »

Just under 28 hours remain until the deadline.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:58 am

Post by bird1111 »

Just so I'm sure of what the reasoning behind the bandwagon on me/SL is; its because of SL's aggresivness and my lurking/vote on re2fan and eon right?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Eon wrote: Umm hello werent you the one who told ¨I dont think those 2 are scums¨after that post you did and kept voting on me i only did 3 posts and NOW you sound sure that im scum.So which parts made you change your mind?
You know...Eon, you'd have a lot more sucess on this site if you didn't fly into rages every time someone mentions your name...
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:10 am

Post by Eon »

Umm i dont go in rages i just reply.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

No. You always attack the person mentioning you. Like. Every time you respond.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:11 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

I call bullshit on anybody claiming they didn't see a joke.

Me saying somebody claimed scum before they haven't even posted yet is so obviously a joke it's not even funny.
Yosarian2 wrote:He had three votes, for completly illogical reasons, and was asking people to either stop voting for him or give reasons for their votes. Sounds like a perfectly rational response to me.
It was the RANDOM VOTE STAGE. If 5 people suddenly hopped on him and quicklynched him, I would be rather happy as our scum were revealed. But do you really think that would've happened?
Yosarian2 wrote:The second one I actually agree with; if a person is attacked and dosn't defend themselves, then they get attcked for that. If a person is attacked and does defend themselves, they get attacked for being "overdefensive". It's complete craplogic, and I remember abusing that particular trap myself in my first couple of games as scum.
You're making statements about the case that weren't true here. 1) He wasn't really attacked unless you call random votes attacks, and 2) explaining your actions is extremely different from being overdefensive and calling everybody voting you scum.

The first one; eh, people were still voting him and refusing to explain why, so he got frustrated and called them scum. Not the best of responses, but hardly a scum tell.[/quote]
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 am

ShadowLurker wrote:I call bullshit on anybody claiming they didn't see a joke.

Me saying somebody claimed scum before they haven't even posted yet is so obviously a joke it's not even funny.
it was more like, wtf? H2 hasn't posted yet. What the hell does he mean by that, and less oh, SL's just hosing a n00b.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

SL, these were your posts before he made that response. Can you honestly say that anyone would NOT intrepet these three posts as an attack?
ShadowLurker wrote:H2 da tizzle basically claimed scum.

Vote H2 da Tizzle
ShadowLurker wrote:
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
Vote: H2 da Tizzle
:goodposting:
ShadowLurker wrote:H2 da tizzle is lurking.

Double confirm vote: H2 da tizzle
Not a logical attack on your part, but clearly an attack. Compared to the attack, I'd hardly consider the initial response to be overdefensive; if anything it was a rather mild response considering the attack.
themanhimself wrote:Sorry for having lurked, but stressful times have overtaken me. I agree with lordy for saying that we need to move beyond the random voting stage. On that note I'm going to
unvote
. When it is so random there is no way to choose who is really acting scummy. Now that H2 da Tizzle and I are back, and no longer lurking, I say people give good voting reasons, or unvote us. For some random craplogic reason we are the majority vote.
I'd still rather lynch mini neo, but with the deadline coming up, I'll settle for lynching the person slinging around crap logic and misrepresentations here.

unvote:mini neo

vote:shadowlurker
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:41 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Yosarian2 wrote:SL, these were your posts before he made that response. Can you honestly say that anyone would NOT intrepet these three posts as an attack?
All those posts were in the random vote stage. He hadn't posted yet, it should be
obvious
there's nothing concrete against him and a serious wagon wasn't to build up before he even got a chance to post.
Yosarian2 wrote:Not a logical attack on your part, but clearly an attack. Compared to the attack, I'd hardly consider the initial response to be overdefensive; if anything it was a rather mild response considering the attack.
I'm sorry for bringing some fun into the game.
Yosarian2 wrote:I'd still rather lynch mini neo, but with the deadline coming up, I'll settle for lynching the person slinging around crap logic and misrepresentations here.
You haven't even showed me a misrepresentation or any instances of crap logic yet.

In fact, you chose to ignore this.
ShadowLurker wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:The second one I actually agree with; if a person is attacked and dosn't defend themselves, then they get attcked for that. If a person is attacked and does defend themselves, they get attacked for being "overdefensive". It's complete craplogic, and I remember abusing that particular trap myself in my first couple of games as scum.
You're making statements about the case that weren't true here. 1) He wasn't really attacked unless you call random votes attacks, and 2) explaining your actions is extremely different from being overdefensive and calling everybody voting you scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »