Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3650 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3632, AngryPidgeon wrote:Mastin, you done with your stuff?
Nope. I did the VCA yesterday, but I ran outta time. Reading the game is for today. To be honest, without skimming, it'll be pretty much impossible for me to finish today with the amount of time I've got; I'm a fast reader, but I'm not
that
fast. :P

But I'll be done before I leave on Friday, and if not, my loss; the zab lynch goes through.

Speaking of which, I like what zabriel's doing; he's increasing his activity. Keep it up, zab. That's exactly what you need to do.

Continue posting suspects, continue posting anti-suspects, continue posting about potential patterns you're seeing, and continue posting about your reasons for your reads. Unlike most players, I actually listen to lynched town, so if you're town, that info won't go to waste.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3651 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:17 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3650, mastin2 wrote:anti-suspects

haha.

If hes not hammered by Friday, I'll vote him before I fly to LA.

Im clearly a minority here. But if Zab flips town / I die tonight, please lynch Yates.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3652 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:25 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 3650, mastin2 wrote:Unlike most players, I actually listen to lynched town, so if you're town, that info won't go to waste.

Funny that you have absolutely no fears about being the Nightkill ... :?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3653 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 3652, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Funny that you have absolutely no fears about being the Nightkill ...
Eh, if it was going to happen, it was going to happen last night, before I started my analysis.

It didn't, so it probably won't. Especially since today, people have been rekindling old Mastin suspicion. (E.g., you, Nero, AP...) Not nearly enough to get me lynched, of course, but certainly enough to make me not look like an appetizing nightkill.

Don't get me wrong, I love the thought of being nightkilled, since it's a statement from the scum that if nothing else, I'm annoying. :P (Though I prefer it to have been because I'm a threat.) Add in that I do have to die before lylo, and that I have already claimed, and the scum killing me would be a huge honor. I just don't think it's going to happen, for much the same reasons why I'd love it to.
My academy.
Agnigi
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3654 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:43 am

Post by zabriel »

Don't vote me AP. That would be bad of you. If you're going to call me town but still vote me tomorrow in the name of preventing another no lynch (which happens on the 26th if we use the whole day), you are nowhere near as town as I thought and we both deserve to go down. Also, how worried are you about dying tonight AP? I'm thinking that if I go down today Mafia is going to choose a wtf target that doesn't help us with much of anything. Being worried about night kills is town, but talking about being worried about them just kind of comes off as posturing.

Kise: In my readback I didn't get Kise-town out of AP. I got "Kise not found". You weren't on his list of people he'd like to lynch. I'd like him to comment with current thoughts about you that I can read and think about before I decide if I want to stay here or join AP and Aco over on the Yates wagon. I'm interested in his thoughts because he's opposed to my lynch and thus more likely to actually have good thoughts about who is likely to be scum since he's not busy chasing after the friendly giant.

PEdit: Trying to start a panic there MoI? If he'd mentioned the possibility of being NKed you'd have said he was posturing and needed to go tomorrow.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3655 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 am

In post 3654, zabriel wrote:Don't vote me AP. That would be bad of you. If you're going to call me town but still vote me tomorrow in the name of preventing another no lynch (which happens on the 26th if we use the whole day), you are nowhere near as town as I thought and we both deserve to go down. Also, how worried are you about dying tonight AP? I'm thinking that if I go down today Mafia is going to choose a wtf target that doesn't help us with much of anything. Being worried about night kills is town, but talking about being worried about them just kind of comes off as posturing.

Kise: In my readback I didn't get Kise-town out of AP. I got "Kise not found". You weren't on his list of people he'd like to lynch. I'd like him to comment with current thoughts about you that I can read and think about before I decide if I want to stay here or join AP and Aco over on the Yates wagon. I'm interested in his thoughts because he's opposed to my lynch and thus more likely to actually have good thoughts about who is likely to be scum since he's not busy chasing after the friendly giant.

PEdit: Trying to start a panic there MoI? If he'd mentioned the possibility of being NKed you'd have said he was posturing and needed to go tomorrow.

I'm summarize what this post represents in the paragraphs shown.

1st Paragraph - Appeal to Fear "If you vote for me you are terrible and deserve to die for voting for a Town read" for AngryP.

2nd Paragraph - Hey look I did a read-back despite not doing jack-crap all game. I'm SOOOO Town don't lynch me.

3rd Paragraph (really a sentence but keeping theme) - Trolololol I don't read so I'm just going to throw mud. If you were actually reading the game for content Zab you would have noticed Day 2 that Mastin was spouting off that he was going to be Nightkilled as if it was a certainty since he was SOOO correct. I'm calling him on the obvious shift. Thanks for
scumming it up more
playing!

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3656 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:35 am

Post by zabriel »

You have misrepresented me at every turn. I came after AP because compromise lynches are ass. If you're wavering, go ahead and put a vote down. If you're convinced somebody is town, defend your fucking read to the end. He's been fighting my wagon all day, so I think it's a little bit bullshit that he'd go for a compromise instead of standing on principle.

When I talk about reading back, that was specifically in the context of AP's view of Kise.

Fair enough on point three. I didn't read the posts in question. I have little recollection of Day 2, as it was approximately a billion pages ago. Did he mention it on Day 3 or 4? Did you harass him for it then?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3657 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3656, zabriel wrote:so I think it's a little bit bullshit that he'd go for a compromise instead of standing on principle.

At the point Ive spent decent effort making walls about it and no one is acknowledging them (except MoI to accuse me of white-knighting) then I know its time to drop it. I dont have any desire to keep making posts that no one cares about.

I think Kise is town.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3658 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:52 am

Post by Yates »

In post 3644, zabriel wrote:If it's going to be 1v1 tomorrow, go Kise over Myk.

You are aware Kise has hinted at having a Town PR and that everyone non-scum knows it, right? Nice try, though.

I happen to agree that one of Nero or Myk is scum. Given recent gameplay, my money is solidly on Myk. So I would have Nero's "back" as well.

In post 3646, AngryPidgeon wrote:And Yates is absolutely bullshitting and fluffing regularly.

I can't even call this a pot vs kettle thing. This is more like ebony calling ivory black.

Speaking of which:
In post 3646, AngryPidgeon wrote:Everyone else was not provably online

Blatantly false statement.

In post 3654, zabriel wrote:Being worried about night kills is town, but talking about being worried about them just kind of comes off as posturing.

^^ The clarity of a man about to meet his maker? This is absolutely true. There are about 4 people's names being thrown around as viable wagons after Zab and AP, your name is on that list. As Town guessing what scum's NK might be, you would know this and this statement makes no sense. As scum doing BS posturing? This statement makes perfect sense. Listen to your scum buddy. You messed up.

In post 3656, zabriel wrote:He's been fighting my wagon all day, so I think it's a little bit bullshit that he'd go for a compromise instead of standing on principle.

Eventually, he has to bus his buddy to attempt to avoid suspicion tomorrow.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3659 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 am

In post 3656, zabriel wrote:Fair enough on point three.
I didn't read the posts in question. I have little recollection of Day 2
, as it was approximately a billion pages ago. Did he mention it on Day 3 or 4? Did you harass him for it then?

The bolded is a you problem. That can be solved with rope.

zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3660 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 am

Post by zabriel »

Also, I've been fucking busy and this particular game has been low on my list of priorities. If you remember how much I've been V/LA for studying, training, and my damn computer being currently unusable, I missed a lot of the game and it would be a pain in the ass to try to go back over every little detail I didn't catch the first time around or have forgotten about since.

Since it doesn't seem to matter much now, I got a weird PM from the mod a few minutes before Day 2 started saying that "something" happened during the night that made me feel heavier. It was cryptic as shit and I have no idea what it means. I don't know if it's important or not, but since everybody is pretty sure I'm going out today, figured I might as well share it.

PEdit: that's the thing Yates, for him to be bussing we'd have to not be town. I know I'm town, and AP has drawn a lot of attention to himself by defending me. Maybe he thinks he'll score towncred when I flip, but if we were team scum together the obvious move would have been to jump onto my wagon and get some scumhunting credit. If I'm scum, why has he put so much energy in defending what is looking more and more like a lost cause? The only reason that makes any sense if I'm scum is that he's town who thinks I'm town. But since I am town you have scum looking for credit and town who doesn't have his head up his ass. What do you think he is? What do you think now, and what are you going to say about him when I flip VT?

MoI, nice job ignoring two direct questions. Has Mastin mentioned the possibility of being NKed since Day 2, and if he has not, why are you only bringing it up on Day 5 when Mastin has been coming up as a suspect as often as he has?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3661 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:37 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Hey, Zab...

Why you no dead yet?

I feel like im just floating around passing through objects like a ghost.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3662 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Yates »

In post 3660, zabriel wrote:What do you think he is? What do you think now, and what are you going to say about him when I flip VT?

Okay, you're right that I'm applying some confirmation bias. I'm assuming you are going to flip scum. I'm not going to get into all the many WIFOM reasons AP would defend you until your wagon is inevitable as scum.

If you flip Town? Then we obviously have to look at the very few interactions [created by all of the reasons you have been "away" stated above] you have had with people and try doing the interaction analysis game. Honestly, if you flip Town I will probably still think AP is scummy for being the only player that "knows" you are going to flip Town. That said, I'd probably give him a flyer [depending on day actions] as Myk would probably be the better vote at that point. But all of this is just guessing as I have no way of knowing what is going to come out of night actions [both scum and Town] after your flip.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3663 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

Yates is scum.

Yates is oh
so
scum.

And Jason's prob-scum, too.

Posts on this page, not good.

(Dealing with my computer having crashed, so little bit busy.)
My academy.
Agnigi
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3664 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Mastin gets it.

KK/Mykonian/Yates/Jason.

And if Mykonian flips town, Nero Cain can go too.

Computer crashed yet you are posting! Clearly a lie!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3665 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 am

Post by mastin2 »

Having crashed, not in the process of crashing. :P
Past tense. ('Sides, even if my computer was crashing, I'd be able to switch to a laptop.)

Just means that right now, I'm a bit distracted trying to get it up and running as normal.
My academy.
Agnigi
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3666 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

My newish macbook for work dies semi-frequently. My 4yo PC at home is like a fucking rock >.> despite having a really scary crash that involved me reinstalling my OS and thinking my harddrive was shot.

tl;dr: Buy a fedora and install Ubuntu. Talk down to people that dont run Ubuntu, know at least 20 Vi shortcuts, and dont use Firefox.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3667 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:12 am

Post by zabriel »

Hey Jason, why don't you try being useful instead of just asking why I'm still here. I'm still here because everybody else either has a better wagon to be on or hasn't spoken up today. Except for Pidgey I guess, who just isn't voting.

The NK is going to narrow it down some, I'll give you that, but I've been talked to death Yates. Let's play a game. It's tomorrow, scum decided to no kill just to fuck with the town. I'm dead and the flip is Rubeus Hagrid - Vanilla Townie. What now? I've defended AP, Mastin, and Aco. AP has chainsawed the fuck out of me. Mastin has also been friendly to me. MoI has been tunneling me hard for the last two days. Kise and Jason have been uselessly parroting MoI all day. What do you make of that?

AP: I've been reading town on Nero for as long as I can actually remember. I'm not seeing how Myk-town automatically equals Nero-scum.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3668 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:13 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3667, zabriel wrote:I've been reading town on Nero for as long as I can actually remember

I haven't.

And the him/KK dynamic looks a little forced.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3669 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Bit I think Myk is going to flip scum and Im willing to give Nero a large pass if that happens.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3670 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 am

Post by zabriel »

I haven't really thought about KK one way or the other in a while. I had him as town for his interaction with Tammy. Ben had KK as town too.

Also, found the post that MoI was referring back to. For your consideration.

In post 1149, mastin2 wrote:
Kise wrote:All it took was snif cursing to get him to back off
False. I unvoted because Benmage voted. Snifit ninja'd me when I was typing my post; I didn't even read it 'til after I re-hit submit.

myk wrote:pidgey/mastin/zabriel/zoroaster/kise/nero/acosmist
Myk, bluntly, I'm town.
Zoro's town thanks to AV.
Aco's town.
Nero's town.

That leaves pidgey, zab, and kise in your suspect list. Kise is being wagoned, the others aren't.
[hr90[/hr]
myk wrote:While mastin is playing confidently, he's at the same time planning how to go on in the next days.
Nah. My plan's to get NK'd. :P
And as you yourself know, I never intend to outlive my scumbuddies, anyway. I have a 0% winrate as last-remaining-scum.
But you're right on one point--Tammy's meta reason for clearing me isn't very good. In multiscum games, my scumplay is actually at its closest to my townplay as it can be.

/caught up. The fact that most of my scumreads have scumreads on the other scumreads is really unnerving me, so I guess I need to read the game.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3671 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:33 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

^^ 2 moar votes, pwetty pwease???
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3672 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:39 am

Post by zabriel »

Jason, go sit down. If you're not going to actually contribute you're just making more useless posts for people to wade through.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3673 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Ok, back when you die. bye bye
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3674 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 3472, pappums rat wrote:
Votecount 4.15 (Final VC of Day 4)

"It's all so fucking hysterical!" -Laughing Octopus, Metal Gear Solid 4

zabriel - 7 (MagnaofIllusion, jasonT1981,
Cheery Dog
, Kise, Acosmist, pidgey, AngryPidgeon)
Yates - 3 (mastin2, zabriel, mykonian)
AngryPidgeon - 3 (Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, PeregrineV)
jasonT1981 - 1 (Yates)

Not voting -

With 14 alive it took 8 to lynch.

A no lynch has occured.

Night 4 begins now. Please have all night actions to me by 3 AM EST on December 17, 2012 or they will not count.

I am invoking Rule 14 and will be shortening Day lengths from 2 weeks to 10 days beginning tomorrow (Day 5).

In post 3625, pappums rat wrote:
Votecount 5.2

"Why do they have to travel in packs? And how are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?" -Harry Potter
"Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?" -Ron Weasley
"I think I'd take the dragon now." -Harry, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

zabriel - 5 (Yates, MagnaofIllusion, Kise, jasonT1981, mykonian)
Yates - 2 (AngryPidgeon, Acosmist)
MagnaofIllusion - 2 (Nero Cain, zabriel)
Kublai Khan - 1 (mastin2)

Not voting - PeregrineV, pidgey, Kublai Khan

Nero Cain, zabriel and Kise are V/LA.
MagnaofIllusion and mastin2 are V/LA until Monday.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 5 is 7 PM EST on December 26, 2012.

So, my current feeling is to vote for Zab just to avoid the no-lynch that happened yesterday. If I were on near the deadline I would have voted him, but I was traveling instead.

But, before I do, want to see why he is at 5 now (6 with me), but made 7 yesterday when 8 was needed.

@Yates- Jason yesterday, but Zab today. Why?

@Acomist- same for you. Yates today, why not zab again?

@pidgey- what made zab go from scum to town today?

@Mykonian- Yates yesterday but zab today? Why?

AP has indicated willingness to vote/hammer so I'll count him as on there.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”