pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Post by pablito »

Remember, thestatusquo? We already did and it was spectrumvoid/lordy. We just gotta convince the others how to jump on board since it appears everyone is sitting idly while we let this eon/re2fan lynch occur.
Sup, later.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

We've only found scum day one. We need to do it all over again tommorow. I will probably not move off this wagon without really good reason.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:10 pm

Post by pablito »

Good, thestatusquo, we're not moving either. It just seems that everyone is confusing Eon and re2fan as acting scummy when we're just not fully comprehending the communication styles of those two folks.

In fact when you truly look at it, none of the wagons are on any very established players right now (except the GlorkoS one). Lordy being apathetic in this game makes me feel that he either knows he's scum or that he's got nothing to gain by defending himself. Either way it's not a way that town should truly act. With Eon all we get is: "you sound scummy and I don't know what the hell you're saying so I'm voting you."

Of course I haven't truly paid attention to all the votes and arguments against Eon/re2fan, but that's the sentiment I got by skimming.

Of the two large wagons, I truly don't find eon/re2fan scummy enough to deserve a lynch today. With lordy/spectrumvoid there really hasn't been a good defense in their honor. And they have made some scummy moves out there. It could just be communication style, but we can't say that we don't know lordy or spectrumvoid already because they're in like five million games right now and we're probably experiencing them ad nauseum right now.

I don't know if a lordy/spectrumvoid is the absolutely best choice for a day one lynch, but I think it's the better of the three options in light of a deadline (two wagons and a no-lynch). I think it gives us a better showing of how the town stands and it would give us more information.

I think lynching eon/re2fan will just keep us in the same languishing mood that we're in and the only additional information we'll get is by night choices. But as we should know, sometimes we don't always get enough information by night choices alone. We should try to make this lynch count instead of just sitting on our asses right now.

I propose that by lynching lordy/spectrumvoid. So please, either get on this wagon, vote no-lynch outright, or building up a strong wagon to which we can all quickhop.
Sup, later.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:36 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Abbreviated names would be a good idea. I keep having to go back to the 1st page to check who is with who.

I think no lynch is always a bad idea since a lynch will always help us to get info. This is regardless of whether we start in night or day. (Or should it be irregardless?) So I'm wondering why ambic proposed it.

It's interesting that you're saying Eon/re aren't scummy because he is using his confusion as an excuse to vote. I just don't get why you think that isn't scummy. Eon is just plain looking for an excuse to vote. He should've asked for a clarification if he's confused.

I figure the main reason for our scumminess is because of what I said about being able to communicate with our partners. I have responded to that already, and no one has asked me to respond again, so I thought everyone understood my reasons for doing so.

The next main reason is the way lordy is playing. You accuse lordy of playing with a detached playstyle, when many people here are also doing the same thing (hence the reason why we're at a deadline.) The worst thing you can say about lordy is that he's lurking, but this is a 2 headed game, other people have been inactive too, and I've been around.
Blank.
Eon
Eon
Goon
Eon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Post by Eon »

Adele wrote:This is taking forever...
This is a body PBPA, not a head one; that'd be... well, it'd annoy me, so you can just live with it.
Bodies:

AdeletheMagicalBear
AmtoFry
Night-lx
BirdLurker
ChannelZiliu
CEMGM
Dripping Coron
re2Eon
Ibae-tzler
MOglork
H2man
SpectrumLord
MiniSpron
MrBuddyJelly
Save Pablito
The Silent Yos
Uberstatusquo

Pages 1&2:
1 . Ibae-tzler : generic query
2 . Mod :
3 . Mod :
4 . SpectrumLord : r. vote BirdLurker
5 . MrBuddyJelly : r. vote H2man
6 . The Silent Yos : r. vote AdeleTheMagicalBear
7 . BirdLurker : r. vote H2man
8 . Dripping Coron : r. vote Moglork
9 . ChannelZilliu : r. vote UberStatusQuo
10 . Save Pablito : r. vote Save Pablito
11 . MOglork : r. vote Minispron ridiculous fos attached +3
12 . MOglork : dice roll
13 . MOglork : r. vote The Silent Yos
14 . MOglork : another ridiculous fos
15 . MOglork : comment to self
16 . MrBuddyJelly : comment to self
17 . BirdLurker : comment to self
18 . CEMGM : vote: H2man
19 . BirdLurker : supports CEMGM's vote on H2man
20 . UberStatusQuo : omgus vote: ChannelZilliu
21 . re2Eon : spam first comment in game=spam? +3
22 . Night-lx : vote: re2Eon claims random, looks more like a :roll: to me
23 . Ibae-tzler : vote: Dripping Coron
24 . SpectrumLord : vote: Birdlurker "for the same thing"…
25 . Mod : votecount
26 . Dripping Coron : comment to mod
27 . Night-lx : comment to mod
28 . mod : "ta"
29 . ChannelZilliu : confirm vote uberstatusquo omgus confirmation :roll:
30 . BirdLurker : confirm vote: H2man for lurking
31 . Save Pablito : omgus vote: Save Pablito :roll: nothing better to say than self-voting spam? +3
32 . Save Pablito : comment on own's uselessness
33 . re2Eon : spam
34 . Night-lx : spam
35 . AmtoFry : "has my partner showed up yet"
No he hasn't
- try reading
36 . Minispron : vote: Moglork for craplogic
37 . CEMGM : comment to self doesn't like current vote, wants to confer
38 . re2Eon : Vote: MrBuddyJelly for an early joke
39 . ChannelZilliu : misunderstands re2Eon
40 . ChannelZilliu : explains MrBuddyJelly was joking earlier
41 . SpectrumLord : mentions a rule (can confer with self freely)
42 . CEMGM : FOS: CEMGM :roll:
43 . Ibae-tzler : FOS: re2Eon queries what Moglork craplogic referred to, suggests pseudo-nonrandom
44 . UberStatusQuo : comment: game confusing amen to that
45 . Save Pablito : spam I'm spending all this time chronicalling spam?
46 . re2Eon : protests ibea-ztler's vote, claims was joke +5 (see 47)
47 . Ibae-tzler : points out to re2eon, was FOS, not vote, big reaction
48 . Dripping Coron : suggests lynch on The Silent Yos
49 . BirdLurker : comments re2Eon's grammar
Funny with nicknames parts =]

Well question is...i didnt see you doing anything in those 49 posts.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:42 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

EBYOP because I forgot to copy and paste from notepad:

I'm not sure what to conclude from the defensiveness issue. If a newbie is very defensive, I'm more inclined to think he's just making a bad play, and it isn't a scum-tell. But if an experienced player does that, I'll have to think harder about it. Then again, I haven't seen many experienced players doing that. Also, how do you define an experienced player versus a non-newbie (> 3 months old) but not 'established'?

*break*

Another reason for lynching me/lordy is because lynching eon/re will cause the game to languish. I disagree. Whoever we lynch today, as long as we lynch, we'll get better info, and the game will pick up. For example, if we lynch e/r, I'm sure everyone will be looking at the people on the wagon like me. If we lynch sv/l, everyone will be looking at pab + TSQ.
Blank.
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:58 pm

Post by Mgm »

spectrumvoid wrote:It's interesting that you're saying Eon/re aren't scummy because he is using his confusion as an excuse to vote. I just don't get why you think that isn't scummy. Eon is just plain looking for an excuse to vote. He should've asked for a clarification if he's confused.
Could you expand on this? Where did they say they were confused?

Also, defining newbie versus experienced player can be hard enough; defining overdefensive against regular defensive is even harder.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:08 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

pablito wrote: so people: a call to arms! care bear stare! tora! tora! tora! leeroy jenkins! it's clobberin time! earth! fire! wind! water! heart! when your powers combine, I am captain planet!
I am moved by this post.

We're Save The Pablito, by the way. Pablito the Dragons sounds kinda kinky, that works for me if it works for Pablito, but I'd stick with STP. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS? STANDARD TEMPERATURE AND PRESSURE? NO! SAVE THE PABLITO!

seriously people. Spectrumvoid/lordy.

We may need a little more time for a better bandwagon to build on spectrumlord, mod.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

If we lynch sv/l, everyone will be looking at pab + TSQ.
Every time I hear something like that, I think holy shit you're scum.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:24 pm

Post by pablito »

spectrumvoid wrote:I figure the main reason for our scumminess is because of what I said about being able to communicate with our partners. I have responded to that already, and no one has asked me to respond again, so I thought everyone understood my reasons for doing so.
That original reason was an excuse to vote someone new. Your reactions and lordy's reactions to his wagon - detached (which is much different than others who are not being wagoned), plus voting for eon/re2fan for awkward reasons and your latest defenses are the reason why we're voting you. Sorry that we didn't clarify and update our reasons, should've made that more clear that we've continued our suspicion and it wasn't based on the original reason.
spectrumvoid wrote:It's interesting that you're saying Eon/re aren't scummy because he is using his confusion as an excuse to vote. I just don't get why you think that isn't scummy. Eon is just
plain looking for an excuse to vote
. He should've asked for a clarification if he's confused.
Yeah, but that can be said about a lot of people in many different situations. We gotta take it by a case-by-case process and I'm saying Eon doesn't look scummy enough right now and the way that Eon's wagon has compiled smells of opportunistic votes. The wagon on spectrumvoid/lordy however does not smell of opportunism. No, it does not feel like a pyramid scheme.

spectrumvoid, I disagree slightly on
spectrumvoid wrote:Another reason for lynching me/lordy is because lynching eon/re will cause the game to languish. I disagree. Whoever we lynch today, as long as we lynch, we'll get better info, and the game will pick up.
Suspicion came upon youse folks when the game was not in deadline. Ditto with Eon/re2fan. If we suddenly quicklynch someone other than you two pairs, we'll get some info, but not as much as we could by lynching one of you two pairs. Reactions in light of a deadline are much different than reactions/votes made beforehand.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Funny what the "all posts" function can do sometimes. Of the recent suspicions, I actually have to agree most with Mgm. I went over both Bird1111's posts and ShadowLurker's posts in isolation and in context.

Bird1111
: Little content added to the game, and jumped on the Eon/Re2 wagon as it was gaining steam.

ShadowLurker
: Began the game with the style of irrationally pursuing one pairing (H2 and TMH), and then when this was responded to, tried to call it 'overdefensiveness' (which I disagree with: the wagon itself was not well-reasoned, and that was exactly what TMH pointed out). Since that time, that has been SL's one and only "good reason" to vote for H2, I don't even agree with it, especially when I don't think "overdefensiveness" is even a very large scum-tell. It might be something worth
poking
at, but it is
not
worth a continual push for a lynch, as has been displayed by ShadowLurker. His latest posts are him simply disagreeing with people, and I can probably bet money that he will later quote this entire post and say something to the effect of "I disagree".

If anything, SL has been pretty much been a broken record this game, saying the same thing over and over, hoping others will eventually pick up the tune and play it for him.

Unvote: Glork/Mastermind of Sin, Vote: Bird1111/ShadowLurker

I have also reread the Eon/Re2 pairing (which was where I placed my first serious vote of the game), and after I actually forced myself to stop and comprehend the collective posts (since they never read naturally for me), I can actually agree with MBL's assessment that he has at least been giving reasoning lately, and has been questioning other people as to their reasoning for votes. My early-game suspicion on them has dropped them back down to average suspicion.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:50 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

petroleumjelly wrote:
ShadowLurker
: Began the game with the style of irrationally pursuing one pairing (H2 and TMH), and then when this was responded to, tried to call it 'overdefensiveness' (which I disagree with: the wagon itself was not well-reasoned, and that was exactly what TMH pointed out).
Three random votes is not a bandwagon that should be attempted to be debunked by citing poor reasoning. It is part of the random voting stage. I also like how you completely fail to ignore H2 da Tizzle's actions.
petroleumjelly wrote:Since that time, that has been SL's one and only "good reason" to vote for H2, I don't even agree with it, especially when I don't think "overdefensiveness" is even a very large scum-tell.
petroleumjelly wrote: His latest posts are him simply disagreeing with people, and I can probably bet money that he will later quote this entire post and say something to the effect of "I disagree".
Funny how those two quotes work.
petroleumjelly wrote:If anything, SL has been pretty much been a broken record this game, saying the same thing over and over, hoping others will eventually pick up the tune and play it for him.
And I'm the only one that has stayed on one person this whole game.. right.

Until they actually contribute something of content and give me a reason why I should not be suspicious of them then I'll continue to have my eye on them.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:52 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Bird1111
: Little content added to the game, and jumped on the Eon/Re2 wagon as it was gaining steam.
I'm also going to back up my other head on this one. We discussed this hop for quite a while and it was definitely not without reason.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:39 pm

Post by Mgm »

ShadowLurker wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:
ShadowLurker
: Began the game with the style of irrationally pursuing one pairing (H2 and TMH), and then when this was responded to, tried to call it 'overdefensiveness' (which I disagree with: the wagon itself was not well-reasoned, and that was exactly what TMH pointed out).
Three random votes is not a bandwagon that should be attempted to be debunked by citing poor reasoning. It is part of the random voting stage. I also like how you completely fail to ignore H2 da Tizzle's actions.
In other words, you disagree, just as pj said you would.
ShadowLurker wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:
Bird1111
I'm also going to back up my other head on this one. We discussed this hop for quite a while and it was definitely not without reason.
PJ didn't comment on that. He said Bird didn't add enough to the game in way of posting.
Show
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Post by Mgm »

Confirm vote: ShadowLurker/Bird1111
Show
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I am tempted to unvote, but I actually agree with this vote, so I won't.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:43 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

pablito wrote:With Eon all we get is: "you sound scummy and I don't know what the hell you're saying so I'm voting you."
This is where I got the confusing things from.
Blank.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:55 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Thestatusquo wrote:
If we lynch sv/l, everyone will be looking at pab + TSQ.
Every time I hear something like that, I think holy shit you're scum.
Why? I think it's natural to look more closely at whoever was pushing the wagon the hardest.

One of my reasons for voting Eon is the 'looking for an excuse' bit you quoted. You say my reasons are awkward. I don't get why it's awkward. I still maintain that Eon was looking for an excuse to vote. I disagree that 'that can be said about a lot of people', a few maybe, but most people vote with reasons, not because they don't know what someone said.

Just to clarify the last point: My 'whoever we lynch today' refers to only 2 people eon/re or me/lordy, I mentioned it in the previous sentence, but I think I didn't make it clear.

I'll have to a reread to get a feel on Bird/SL.
Blank.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:17 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I think trying to direct the next lynch based off your own ideas about your own lynch limits the town to a rediculous degree, and therefore is scummy. Nuff Said.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:12 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Now that's just stupid. If they made that comment and were actually scum, whatever they did to try and direct the next lynch would be thrown out the window since THEY WERE SCUM. Now, saying this doesn't make them less suspicious (although it IS something to be considered if they are indeed protown), but it certainly DOES NOT make them more suspicious.
FoS: TSQ
Permanent V/LA.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:29 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Mgm wrote:In other words, you disagree, just as pj said you would.
Wow. Nice misrepresentation. And even if that was the point of the entire post, how does disagreeing make somebody all of a sudden scum? Great scumtell list you have there ;) Everybody should agree all the time.
Mgm wrote:PJ didn't comment on that. He said Bird didn't add enough to the game in way of posting.
Don't try to comment on my rebuttal when you don't even read the original post. PJ commented about when bird1111 jumped on the wagon basically implying it was extremely oppurtunistic. So yes, he did comment on that.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:54 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Shadowlurker has a point here. If the accusation is "your other head isn't contributing," it is a perfectly valid defense (if true) that "yes he is, he's just letting me do the talking for both of us." Both heads speak with one voice.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:32 am

Post by ibaesha »

I'm still liking a spectrum/lordy lynch.

SL/bird are suspicious, but not enough for my vote today. This is because I can see where h2/theman are suspicious, even though it's not for the reasons SL sited. (I'm still waiting for SL to comment on my observations of theman). The bandwagon jump is also less suspect than spectrum/lordy's because of the history of spectrum/lordy before the jump and their responses afterwards.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:51 am

Post by Thok »

Vote Count:

Eon/re2fan - 5 - (CDB/ziliu , Glork/MoS, Mini Neo/sprontalic, bird1111/ShadowLurker, lordy/spectrumvoid)

lordy/spectrumvoid - 4 - (Pablito/STD, Fritz/ibby, thestatusquo/ubertimmy, Eon/re2fan)

bird1111/ShadowLurker - 2 - (Cogito Ergo Sum/Mgm, MBL/PJ)
Mini Neo/sprotalic - 2 - (TSS/Yosarian2, armlx/Nightson)

Glork/MoS - 1 - (Coron/DGB)
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Adele
Adele
Big Sister
Adele
Big Sister
Big Sister

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 am

Post by Adele »

Yeah, I really don't like what ShadowBird's been saying. I'll discuss the possibility of voting him with Pookyhugs

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”