Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3625 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by pappums rat »

Votecount 5.2

"Why do they have to travel in packs? And how are you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?" -Harry Potter
"Blimey, Harry. You've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date, who can?" -Ron Weasley
"I think I'd take the dragon now." -Harry, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

zabriel - 5 (Yates, MagnaofIllusion, Kise, jasonT1981, mykonian)
Yates - 2 (AngryPidgeon, Acosmist)
MagnaofIllusion - 2 (Nero Cain, zabriel)
Kublai Khan - 1 (mastin2)

Not voting - PeregrineV, pidgey, Kublai Khan

Nero Cain, zabriel and Kise are V/LA.
MagnaofIllusion and mastin2 are V/LA until Monday.

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 5 is 7 PM EST on December 26, 2012.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3626 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3623, AngryPidgeon wrote:when I say 'this isn't him', I mean I wish he would put effort in Today.

ok. Thats what I didn't understand.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3627 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

WOW. Zab has only 69 posts while everyone else more than the mod.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3628 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I have 502 posts LOL. TIL I have no life outside of MS.net. AMA.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3629 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by pidgey »

Honestly i would be surprised that both the neighbor and the messenger were both alligned with the town.

That said, myk has really used his powers in a town like manner and i dont really see scum throwing reads around and disclosing himself as the messenger. If i was him i swear i would have already targetted acosmist because i really believe acosmist to not really be town alligned. Apperantly the SK claim is something that people are doing in these days and he might have gone along with it. Like, i see no other reasoning for his weak play.

Anyway, I guess i dont know what to feel about myk anymore and the rage he has talked to me at times might just be frustrated town, just like i sometimes get.

Zabriel is the best lynch and I wouldnt mind him being lynched at the end of the day because i do think he is scum

Peregrine i totally forgot was playing the game lol, I think it was him that asked. Yeah, i dunno, for some reason i think that Yates isnt scum because of the AV vote, i just dont see the scum motivation in AV to bus his partner at the time. And besides, i do read Yates as frustrated townie at times and his arguments make sense.

The hardest part of this game is that while i do think a bunch of players are scummy or could be scum potentially, i cant make in my head a team that makes sense as scum.
-----------------
Sup
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3630 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3629, pidgey wrote:i cant make in my head a team that makes sense as scum.

You shouldn't be looking for a team at all. We should be looking for the scummiest person and then look for connections and jazz. Zab isn't a terrible lynch today but I think players like kISE, MOI, AP (maybe Mastin, i HAE SOME DOUTS ABOUT HIM DISTANCING FROM moi) NEED TO BE LOKED AT TOMORROW.

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3631 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Kise »

How long until zab is hammered?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3632 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Mastin, you done with your stuff?

KK, you done with your stuff?
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3633 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Acosmist »

it hurts my head to read pidgey calling me scum with zabriel
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3634 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 pm

Post by zabriel »

I don't think Aco is scum. And you'll find out soon enough that I'm just your average VT.

Let's assume that my flip has happened, it's VT like it just is, and you guys get to go from there. MoI pushed the shit out of me and then threw his hands up and withdrew from discussion. Is that town being overconfident, or is that scum posturing?

Pidgey, early votes aren't really that helpful for analysis when AV gets blown apart in the middle of the day. We have no idea where his votes were going, and at this point in the game, it seems a little weak a point to hang an argument on. Also, let's clear up your thoughts about messenger/neighbor. You think one of the set is scum, but you're not sure what to think of myk. What do you think of Nero? Think the opposite of myk or accept that they might both be town and move on from there.
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3635 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:52 am

Post by pidgey »

I thought that due to game mechanics it would be hard for both the messenger and the neighborizer to be both town, seeing as those 2 coupled with the cop and doc seem kinda potentially game sweepers.

I do see your points on Yates I guess, but still i mean his attitude today has been a little bit irky and could be scummy, but besides that why were people thinking he was scum? I really dont see a good case prior to today.

I think nero cain is town because of some of the arguments he has presented, a general town feeling from his asshole attitude towards Amrun, and because he does seems genuine. I still think myk is scummy even without the claim, but it does make me re think my stance because he seemed to use his messaged in a very townie fashion. He didn't had the necessity to claim his name in them or to give reads around.

Myk, why did you chose the people you chose?
-----------------
Sup
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3636 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 3631, Kise wrote:How long until zab is hammered?

And when are you going to add anything to this game?

@pidgey: I thought they were town, and had a decent chance of being alive longer.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3637 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Kise »

Remember when I wanted to lynch KK? OHOHO NOW some of you want to do it too, too late.

Remember when I wanted to lynch AP? BUBUBUT WAIT, NOW he's a viable lynch. No, I'm not joining you this time.

We spent 2 weeks already on a no lynch phase. There isn't shit else we need to discuss right now. I'm not cop. I don't get to know shit for certain until seeing flips. But nobody wants to get a fucking flip in this game until the last fucking seconds to deadline. It's boring. It's bullshit. It's not fun. I don't play this game for a win/loss record. I play to have fun. Fun [for me in this game] is not deadline whoring and guessing scumteams for months with no flips.

We have ONE, FUCKING, SCUM FLIP, ONE. It's day fucking five, one fucking flip. Tammy and Els are the only lynches I wanted to see happen that hHAVE happened, and I didn't even suspect Els until the day we lynched him. There is not anything else we can gain from guesswork. I'm not making any more cracks at scumteams, motives and that bullshit. We flip scum, THENwe can analyze the iso, connections, etc.

Why are you still alive? How the did you make it past day 3?

Yet…
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3638 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:39 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

The next person who says “Oh Mykonian is scummy but used his role in a Pro-Town way he must be Town” and doesn’t suspect Nero for how he handled his role is going to get an Internet Wedgie.

I’m also very curious as to why Yates is getting all the “YOU ARE SCUM FOR NOT MOVING YOUR VOTE TO A VIABLE WAGON AND THUS ZAB DIDN’T GET LYNCHED” while no-one aside from me is blinking at Mastin’s more blatant lack of vote movement at deadline.

--

Peregrine wrote: As a scum role, it's kind of pointless, except to create WIFOM. As a scum role, it seems wiser to not use it at all.

No actually this isn’t true at all. A Scum Messenger doesn’t know that a Town Neighborizor is in the game until it is claimed. Thus using the Role to “Look Pro-Town” is exactly the motivation for using it.

--

Myk wrote: I believe nero to be town, so such discussion wouldn't lead to anything and it would detract from real scumhunting.

Yeah, scum. He can be noosed after Zab.

--

Mastin wrote: (Gee, this'd be a great time for a dayvig, now, wouldn't it, MoI? )

Nope. It would have been great to not be derp and actually lynch yesterday so today would be about mining Zab’s scum flip for relational tells and VCA. So again – your play yesterday was terrible if you are Town and you have lost any leverage you might have had.

--

AngryP gets
a lecture
his own section so I can properly
yell at him
discuss why I disagree with him. Skip down if you don’t care about it …

AngryP wrote: MoI, why is Yates not vote-worthy? Hes lurking heavily and his content is fairly comparable to Zab's actually.

I disagree with this on pretty much every level.

First let’s compare raw post count – Yates at 229 versus Zabriel at 70 (which is 30 some odd less than the Mod himself). While post-count doesn’t signify everything on activity (you can certainly have half the posts of another poster with double the content if your posts are content filled) in this case it is pretty terrible to suggest Yates is ‘lurking’ anywhere near the scale that Zab has.

Now let’s address the “Yates content is similar to Zab’s” angle – I disagree completely. Read their ISOs side by side and tell me that Yates doesn’t have significantly better “game releveant content”. If you want to tell me that I’m going to have to laugh at you. While Yates isn’t a strong player his ISO has actual opinions about players being scummy each Day. Meanwhile Zab’s ISO is filled with more flavor and set-up specualation fluff than assessments about the alignment of other players.

The rest of your objections to Zab as scum read to me as borderline White Knighting (that a certain post doesn’t come from scum or that he was “genuine” Day 1). Enough so that as I said earlier – he actually is Town and you are number 1 on my suspect list.

Notice, for example, that Peregrine at quite nicely gave Zab a Vote count for him to color / format as he chooses to point out scum. Does Zab, who is supposedly Vanilla Town who IS getting lynched today, take him up on it to provide reads? Nope.

AngryP wrote: FWIW, ISO him here. He flipped scum that game. Tell me that is the same Zab. Its not much but I think his posting is notably different here.

What exactly am I supposed to see in that ISO that is supposed to change my mind? Because I see evidence of lurking (post 572 “I need to stop neglecting this game”), a bunch of wishy-washy reads, and low content in what looks like a pretty clear active lurking style. Which I see as pretty consistent with his play here.

AngryP wrote: THINK ABOUT IT. Zab is relatively new. Scum obviously have fake claims. If Zab is scum, he knows that. Zab is flat out pretending they don't. I cannot see him saying that as scum. Unless he is scum and trying to subtly drop a towntell by assuming something that is wrong and is generally against site etiquette. He would have to be aware that what he was saying was ridiculous and then still say it anyways on the hope someone would realize Occams razor suggests that he is town and actually DOESN'T know that fake-claims are incredibly common.. Thats unlikely given that his play really isn't a beacon of originality.

Nope. That’s actually the exact wrong conclusion to take. It is actually a fairly viable scum-tell for newer players to make an “Oops statement” that shows they aren’t scum because they don’t understand the set-up or some facet of the game. Examples –

Maruchan in Zom Com Mafia dropping the “Oh, what is daytalk?” post. He was Mafia and here’s the relevant clip from a scum role Pm

Meeting room: You may speak in the Mafia QT at any time.

Umbrage’s Jungle Republic where Neil1113 posts pretending to not understand the Open Setup (thus showing he didn’t have inside knowledge and is thus Town). He was Mafia. This game actually is the one that made me a believer in this as a tell as I argued with TwistedSpoon about Neil over this very point. Twisted thought he was scum. I did not.

So your “It’s WIFOM but Scum wouldn’t do that” is really not sensible.

AngryP wrote: Its that you had a chance to move to Zab yesterday but opted to keep sitting on Jason.

Well aside from Confirmation Bias / Scum pushing the best counter to Zab they can find why is Yates the only person from this quote you have an issue with on the “Not moving vote” end?

Yates - 3 (mastin2,
zabriel,
mykonian)
AngryPidgeon - 3 (Kublai Khan, Nero Cain, PeregrineV)
jasonT1981 - 1 (
Yates
)
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3639 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 am

In post 3637, Kise wrote:We have ONE, FUCKING, SCUM FLIP, ONE.

I sympathize Kise but we've actually had two - Tammy and AV. :P

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3640 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:46 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 3637, Kise wrote:We have ONE, FUCKING, SCUM FLIP, ONE. It's day fucking five, one fucking flip. Tammy and Els are the only lynches I wanted to see happen that hHAVE happened, and I didn't even suspect Els until the day we lynched him. There is not anything else we can gain from guesswork.
I'm not making any more cracks at scumteams, motives and that bullshit.
We flip scum, THENwe can analyze the iso, connections, etc.

You didn't say much about who or what you suspect anyway. Not surprising none of your scumreads gets lynched. You barely have any. So no, I'm not ok with you waiting till the next flip. Or the next one. You should have talked
now
. Not coming with some lame excuses about "boohoo I don't know what I want".
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3641 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:50 am

In post 3640, mykonian wrote:You didn't say much about who or what you suspect anyway. Not surprising none of your scumreads gets lynched.

Irony thy name is Mykonian ....

Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3642 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:51 am

Post by Kise »

I BEEN SAID TO LNCH YOU

I BEEN said to lynch Nero
Nero is town and should vote zab

Oh you don't remember my PV vote yesterday?

Oh you don't see me on zab today?

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3643 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 am

Post by Kise »

Nero you should 1v1 myk tomorrow, I will have your back buddy.

Yet…
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3644 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:13 am

Post by zabriel »

If it's going to be 1v1 tomorrow, go Kise over Myk. Kise is just wasting time being a bitch right now.

Kise, everybody is on me. It's not hard to join a popular wagon and claim to be pro-town. If I go down today, I flip town, and nothing you've done today is at all useful to town. Also, all caps is posturing. Scumtastic.

VOTE: Kise
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3645 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:35 am

Post by Kise »

Fucking junkie, die quietly

Yet…
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3646 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@MoI: I guess I disagree about Yates's content having much depth beyond D1. And Yates should be held to higher standards than a newer player anyways.

Re My Zab read: :/ Where was this crap yesterday when I was calling him town. And D1.

Actually if Zab flips scum, I would buy MoI as a partner. But he won't.

SOME players will try and drop fake towntells to look town. I just don't think Zab is one of those players - do you??. It wasn't an obvious towntell. I was the only one that cared about it all game. If Zab is trying to drop fake towntells, hes being obtuse. And him sheeping me onto PV (SOMETHING THAT COULD EASILY REFOCUS MY ATTENTION ON TO HIM) was not a scum move. It was just begging me to vote him for doing exactly what I said PV was scummy for. He would have to be incredibly dumb to think that was a good idea as scum. And he would have to be pretty cunning to think about dropping obtuse fake towntells about fakeclaim knowledge.

Re Yates/Zab comparison: I dont think setup spec is scummy though. Some players are really into it (TechnoWC) and will do it as town all the time. Yates has been pretty much a non-presence the last couple Days. His notable content that I can recall of the top of my head has been to state that scum have fake claims, say a whole bunch of crap about Tammy being innocent on D2, encourage Tammy to shoot Acosmist, and coast.

And Yates is absolutely bullshitting and fluffing regularly.

Yates came in and explicitly made a post about trying to figure out who to vote Yesterday BUT KEPT HIS VOTE ON A USELESS WAGON. Why not move his vote over to one of the others in the meantime? Everyone else was not provably online, but Yates was IN THE THREAD AND TALKING ABOUT VOTING ZAB. BUT DIDN'T. And then he kicks of this game Day with a hearty Zab vote? You dont see the problem with that?

I'd consider relooking at Mastin, but I think mastin was just away at the time.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3647 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:01 am

In post 3646, AngryPidgeon wrote:Re My Zab read: :/ Where was this crap yesterday when I was calling him town. And D1.

Well frankly I haven't been paying too much attention to correcting you on your poor logic because I had bigger fist to fry.

zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3648 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:09 am

Post by zabriel »

Personal insults Kise? You really have run out of useful things to say haven't you?

AP, thoughts about Kise?

MoI, I responded to PV with as many reads as I felt confident about. Good job fabricating shit though.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3649 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:19 am

Post by Kise »

"mmm Ap say I'm town.
mayb he cum save me pls"

heeeeey he said I'm town last I checked. Speaking of me being town-

PIDGEY, it does kind of bug me that I've been unreadable to you for about a month or two now. There has to be something in my iso you thought was "could be scum" and if so, please bring it up so I can clarify if possible.

Yet…

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”