WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:56 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

I totally bsed the last three night results, hence why everything I said was obviously true. It was so nail-biting when we had the game in the bag (as town) to suddenly getting recruited, and then having I think, 2 recruits fail.
Buy mystery meat.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:48 pm

Post by Axelrod »

All hail the Mighty Black Ajah! We who had no Night kill to start the game, but had to identify a Forsaken before gaining one. Who proceeded to have one member die to scum (I'm assuming) crossfire Night 1, neatly informing the Mason group he was a part of of the Traitors in their midst, and another Night 2 (to I have no idea), and then the 3rd was replaced without his replacement being informed that his predecessor had already role-claimed (a scum name) to his Mason group. Awesome.

We rock.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:59 pm

Post by Illumina »

Yeah, the black ajah (notably Yossarian) got the short end of the stick. I have to say, though, I feel like I gained a lot of experience this time around. It certainly was a dynamic game.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:10 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Tamuz wrote:Yay cult.

And MoS, who exactly COULD I recruit? I had like 4 failure (catching like 2 scum, so I was an investagative role).

Uhmm, lets see, the rhyming, yeah I didn't even think of doing Thom. It actually pretty much fell in my lap with the rhyme of flay and today. After that I kinda had to keep doing it or be screwed. Lets see... what else? The rhyming kind of backed me into a corner I really couldn't do blitzposting, or explain myself concisely which both helped and hurt.

Maesema is *ehemm* NOT clearly insane, I'm a good guy, you just have to not mess with me. I'm like Tyler Durden.

Pretty much this was an under the radar game for us culties, PJ's mega-powerness was scary at first, but in time it became a huge asset to getting rid of people.

Claiming Thom probably would have gotten me killed because I had already alluded to getting random information IE YoS & Flay, neither of which would have flown with Thom, plus I would have left mmod hanging. Although, I wonder about the non-entity of Matt in this game.
I don't remember who you couldn't recruit. I don't think you could recruit anyone that could channel, though. There just happened to be several scum who could channel :P. I might be misremembering, however. And yes, Maesema is definitely insane. Jordan makes that perfectly clear. He's a complete fanatic who betrays Rand's friends while professing to follow the Lord Dragon.

As far as Math goes, we purposefully left a few characters out of the game, giving ballsy scum some claims that wouldn't get counterclaimed.
Permanent V/LA.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:23 am

Post by Gleeman »

I like how MoS steps back into modding the game now its over :)
Please note, i would be surprised to a large extent if he could remember the password for the GLeeman account without going to check his pm's or emails.

Anyway, the role pms :

Padan Fain

You are Padan Fain, currently travelling under the name of Jeraal Mordeth.
Once you were a creature of the shadow, servant to Myrddraal and other’s demands. No more, your transformation in Shadar Logoth, and subsequent changes in Fal Dara and the ways have left you a free man, if you have enough soul left to be called a man. You fear nothing, most fear you, and to put it simply you’re evil personified. Only one thing remains for you to do, kill everyone, especially Al’Thor, for he has been responsible for all your suffering.

(Basically, you’re a Serial Killer, however, wiping out Rand Al’Thor will gain an extra kill the following night.)

Respond with confirmation, Night 1 choice and any questions asap. Thankyou.

Measema

You Measema, once a soldier of Shienar, now the prophet. The Dragon has been reborn, it falls to you to spread the word, punish the unbelievers and the wicked. All those who channel the source, excepting the Dragon, are evil, and must be punished, go forth and gather followers to win the town in the dragons name!

(You’re a cult leader, and can recruit someone each night. Some will bring abilities with them that you can use in lew of a recruiting choice, some cannot be recruited.)

Taim

Mazrim Taim, you are the M’Hael, leader of the Asha’man. You were once a false dragon, torn down by the Aes Sedia, but now you are free, and serve the dragon reborn. You can kill one character each night should you choose.

(Vigilante)

forsaken (Mesaana, Demandred and Greandal)
You 3 are Forsaken.
Mr Flay- Is Mesaana
Karn1 - is Demandred
Armlx - is Greandal

With the Great Lord yet to name the Nae’blis, your actions will need to be great and most assuredly evil. In this line of thought killing a towns person each night, and turning the town to turmoil during the waking hours is surely the way forward.
Standard mafia group needless to say.

Black Ajah
You 3 are of the black ajah
Axelrod - is Linadrin
Shamrock - is Galina
XGreyjoyX - is Alviarin

Galina and Alviarin are also members of the Aes Sedai masonry, I don’t advise sharing the fact that you are of the black with your other sisters.
The Black Ajah exists to serve the dark lord. At the minute you lack the power to be more than evil, and must find one of the forsaken to gain the ability to kill, and be more than just an evil masonry. Each night you may submit one name, to see if they are forsaken.

Marathe-Damane

You are a Marathe-Damane, on the run for the terrible secret you know, you can learn to channel. Your vile secret must not be made public, and you must find a Damane to help keep this terrible secret.
In case you are not familiar with the WoT, a Damane is another word for a woman who can channel (do magic) and a Marathe-Damane can control her via a collar, so you’re searching for any female channeller, good or bad you’ll be able to control them and become a 2 man mafia group. You submit one players name each night until you find what you’re looking for.

Lanfear

You are Lanfear, the most…. Unpredictable shall we say? Of the Forsaken. Whilst you do serve the Dark Lord, all you really care about is Lews Therin Telamon, he was once yours, and you want him Back.
You are searching for him, if you find and ensnare him, you will become a 2 man mafia group, if not who knows?
Each night you submit a list 1/8 the size of remaining players (rounding DOWN any incomplete numbers) so whilst 24+ people are alive its 3, 16+ its 2, and anywhere below 16 is 1.

Morainne

You are Morainne Demandred, a quite powerful Aes Sedai, on a personal mission, to find and protect the Dragon Reborn, Rand Al’Thor. If you find him, you beomce a 2 man vigilante team.
Each night you submit a list 1/8 the size of remaining players (rounding DOWN any incomplete numbers) so whilst 24+ people are alive its 3, 16+ its 2, and anywhere below 16 is 1.

Lan
You are al’Lan Mandragoran, Lord of the Seven Towers, Lord of the Lakes, and true Blade of Malkier. We’ll call you Lan for short.
You are Morainnes warder, whilst you do not know her you can still defend her from attack.
You have no abilities that require a choice

Perrin

You are Perrin Aybara, a wolfbrother. You can sense things in people, their emotions, fear, anger, etc. But most importantly you can smell the stench of evil and insanity.

You are a cop, submit a target each night to investigate

Min

You are Min, when you look at people you see things above their head, that tells you of future portends, past incidents, or possibly something of their character.

You are a cop, submit a target each night to investigate.

Thom

You are Thom Merillon, one time bard to a queen, now a simple gleeman. Or so you claim, you still play the great game. You can use your cunning and manipulation to either get a hint about the set up of this game, or about an action the night before.

Nynaeve

You are Nynaeve al'Meara, Aes Sedai of the yellow ajah, and renowned healer. You are a skilled healer even without your ability to channel, and this ensure even should you be shielded, you can protect people.

You are a doctor, submit a choice each night for someone you wish to protect.

Birgitte

You are Birgitte Silverbow, Warder of Elayne Sedia, Whilst you live she cannot be killed. You do not know her identity, you have not active abilities at the minute.

Elayne and Aviendha

You two are a masonry:
Max - is Elayne
LoudmouthLee - is Aviendha
You are a standard masonry with no special abilities.

Logain

You are Logain, one of the Ashaman. Once you were a false dragon, now you are free’d and serving the true dragon. You await the orders of the Dragon, and at this time have no active night abilities.

Egwene

You are Egwene al'Vere, one of the most powerful female channelers since the age of legends. You have the ability to travel, something lost for an age. Each night you can redirect someones action by seizing them and taking them to another location.
You say who you want to redirect, and who you want their action to be targeted on.

Julien Sandar

You are Julien Sandar, probably the finest Thief catcher in Tear. You use your abilities to hunt down evildoers, you are a cop.

Loial

You are Loial, son of Arent, son of Halan.
You are an Ogier from the stedding Shangtai, and each night you can bring someone into the safety of the stedding, where they cannot be harmed by the one power, or use it.
This makes you a doctor/ roleblocker, depending on who you target.

Aes Sedai Masonry
(Mod note, generic e-mail sent to all masons; Verin, Elaida, Siuan, Allana, Galina, Alviarin)

You are - **** Sedai,
There are 6 of you representing the Tower in this game, and are a masonry.
Bacde, Shamrock, spamwise ,XgreyjoyX, the silent speaker, Illumina <- 6 player names.
You are a basic masonry with no abilities, but your size makes you an effective force to baulk evil.

Rand

You are Rand Al’Thor, the dragon reborn.
Each night you can choose to kill someone you feel is a threat (vigilante) however the kills will be carried out by your Ashaman, not you.

Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:37 am

I logged into Gleeman a couple days ago, but I did have to look up the password :P
Permanent V/LA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:46 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Possible scum:

Forsaken: Graendal, Masaana, Demandred
Black Ajah: Linadrin, Galina, Alviarin
1-
Marath Damane: Marath-Damane + Female Channeler
-2 Lanfear: Lanfear + Rand Al'Thor
Serial Killer: Padan Fain
1-
Cult Leader/Cultists: Masema + 3 townspeople (Juilin, Loial, Thom)

So this game ended up having 14 scum in 31 players, and could easily have had 15 if Logicticus had found me? Ugh. Macros, you seriously use too much scum. =/

Was M-M the person using balefire? Who used what killing flavor?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:50 am

Post by Gleeman »

notes and things that happened in the game.

If lanfear found Rand, they became a 2 man mafia.
If morainne found rand lanfear went insane and became a serial killer.
if morainne and lanfear found rand on the same night, they both died.

Measema is assuredly evil, he is rabbidly insane and i belive he will turn on rand in the final book, SPOILER as he has already turned on Perrin

Taim was given the chance to kill, with only a 33% chance of success, if his kill went through, he ignored the dragon and became an SK, this happened he killed shamrock.

PJ killed lanfear on night 4, the night, or night after morainne found him.

forsaken were standard mafia.

The black ajah found mr Flay (meesana) on night 2, he died that night, but gave them the balefire rod before he died.
The Marathe Damane collared the (eh, sul'adam is the controller, marathe damane the controllee, my bad.) Yos 2 on night 4. Yos 2 died night 4, but left the balefire rod with the marathedamane (suladam) illumina was collared night 5

Balefire - as the rod was discovered on ngiht 2, it was set as the target night. Lordys disaperance was quite amusing, as he replaced max on day 2 so if you look at the dead list, max vanished on night 2, technically, lordy wasn't ever in the game :)

Lan was able to not protect and survive, not protect and die, protect and die, or protect and live. Pooky was double killed on night 4 by the forsaken and lanfear, lan surived and protected, but the second kill nailed her.

Nynneaves protection couldn't be blocked by the oiger, she used her herbs if she was channeling blocked.

logain became a single vig if rand was turned to the shadow or died.

Min joined the elyane avendhia masonry if rand died / turned to the shadow.

er..
the recruitables :
Padan Fain (kept himself as an sk though, and if measema was eliminated he left the cult and went solo again.)
Marathe Damane (carried ability)
Mazrim Taim
Min
Thom
Julien Sandar
Loial
Allana

The cult did pretty well i think. But i'm still confused that tamuz wasn't thrown to the chcikens as soon as mmod claimed thom.

No cultists died, and if they did their cultiness would have been revealed, also, no cultist was investigated, if they had of been, it would have been a specific result linking them to the cult of the dragon.
SO QUIT BITCHING

any more questions, i'll compile the lists of night actions and results tomorrow evening.

-Macros
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:53 am

Post by Gleeman »

don't ugh me pj, everyone knows my games are high in scum, and i always leave out a major character for a safe claim, i was waiting for a mat cauthon to appear.
alas.

as for the black ajah, had they never found a forsaken, they never would have gained a kill, and the masonry dealt wit them pretty well.
and had the town not been so stupid by letting maseama live, it was going to win.
You claim i over scummed it, but i disagree, when theres a lot of evil, they normally knock each other out, evil people are more targetted, because they're more active and therefore more suspicious.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:06 am

Plus it was only the possibility for more scum, there were lots of possibilities for the scum to get really strong, but the chances of all of it working out were slim, and the town had possibilities, too.
Permanent V/LA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:08 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Okay, I can continue this argument. It's players
jobs
to bitch about games. :wink: I seriously get paid to do this kind of stuff.

On the eve of Day 8, there 24 players dead, 10 of which were scum. That's a 41.7% accuracy rate. In 7 lynches, we killed 8 people (due to the marath-damane situation), and 6 of them were scum. That's a 75% accuracy rate.

On Day 8, the town had already lost despite the fact that it could hardly do any better than it already had. If the town was going to win this game
at all
we essentially not only had to lynch scum practically
every day
, but we would also have to lynch scum
in the correct order
(i.e. we should magically know to lynch Masema before confirmed Skylink scum, or before the Marath-Damane scum group). I was planning on going on another attack of Tamuz on Day 8, which seemed like a pretty safe bet considering we had killed two scum on Day 7, but as it happens we had lost anyways. The town was almost in a Prisoner's Dilemma with 9 players alive, because we actually probably would have been better off by letting M-M live so that he could hit a cultist.

Cross-kills only work if the scum make it far into the game. In effect, the town was actually
punished
for lynching scum early, because that decreased the likelihood of cross-killing, and also gave the Cult Leader the cream of the crop of people to recruit (which happened to be the live investigative roles).
Gleeman wrote:You claim i over scummed it, but i disagree, when theres a lot of evil, they normally knock each other out,
evil people are more targetted, because they're more active and therefore more suspicious.
And I disagree with this statement. Active people can easily be left alive. I was one of the most active people in the game, and yet I survived until endgame despite my power. Scum usually
don't
cross-kill suspicious people: scum leave suspicious people
alive
so that they have someplace to direct a lynch.

Regardless, since there were approximately 6 seperate scum groups in addition to town, I am simply going to assume you tried to give each group roughly a 14.3% chance of winning, because that's about as good a shot as the town had in this game, which would require pretty much flawless play.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:37 am

I'll let Macros field that one :)

Although I do have to say, given the way the series has been turning out, did you really expect there to NOT be a lot of scum? Rand and his allies are far outnumbered.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:34 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Any of several events would have tipped the game in the town's favor.

1) More cultists earlier would have meant a cultist surely would be killed and revealed sooner. Town suffered terribly due to the lack of awareness of cult.

2) If an investigative role had stayed pro-town for longer, they'd have hit cult eventually.

3) Scum could have hit Maesema sooner.

4) Town could have lynched Maesema sooner.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I was assuming I would stay unrevealed if I died so claiming Masema was a much safer bet than Thom assuming I died.

My night choices (I believe)
Flay (fail)
none
Yos (fail)
MBL
mmod
Ghyrt (fail)
Fritz (fail)
Anon

So it isn't like a really had an easy time with so many channelers who I couldn't recruit, which is why I had to play ballsy with the rhymes so I would live. 2 of my 8 possibilities died N1 and my computer meltdown killed my N2
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:38 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

I had alot of fun with this game, even though I had no idea what any of the flavour or people were. I think PJ did a very good job of killing and directing the town, though the cult wormed it's way to victory.

For night one, about the won to the shadow thing, did it mean cult too?

Did you come up with results for me on the spot for the "learn about game setup" part, or was there a premade list?
Buy mystery meat.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:35 pm

mystery meat of doom wrote: For night one, about the won to the shadow thing, did it mean cult too?
Could you be more specific? I'm not sure what you are referring to.
Permanent V/LA.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Post by Yamahako »

It sucked to die so early when I know these books so well!! That was such an awesome scum move, claiming Nynaeve - even if they didn't know it.

I know I came on too strong, which is why I got killed, but what else could I have done?
I'm suspicious - in every sense of the word.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:19 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I SO TOTALLY CALLED EVERYTHING THAT WOULD HAPPEN IN THIS GAME!!!

ABSOLUTELY NAILED THIS ENDING

PJ CAN VERIFY THIS!

Yeeeeeesh!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:16 am

Post by Tamuz »

You knew I was cult?
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:03 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Tamuz wrote:I was assuming I would stay unrevealed if I died so claiming Masema was a much safer bet than Thom assuming I died.

Flay (fail)
none
Yos (fail)
MBL
mmod
Ghyrt (fail)
Fritz (fail)
Anon

So it isn't like a really had an easy time with so many channelers who I couldn't recruit, which is why I had to play ballsy with the rhymes so I would live. 2 of my 8 possibilities died N1 and my computer meltdown killed my N2
why didn'y i win?

:(
Surfs up dude.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:07 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Tamuz wrote:I was assuming I would stay unrevealed if I died so claiming Masema was a much safer bet than Thom assuming I died.

Flay (fail)
none
Yos (fail)
MBL
mmod
Ghyrt (fail)
Fritz (fail)
Anon

Yeah, but as a cultist that
didn't die
when you targeted scum, you became a cultist cop which is nearly unbeatable...
Retired as of October 2014.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:26 pm

Post by Tamuz »

:D true enough, how many scum D1 due to my investigation on you?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

no no i didn't nail that you were the cultist

i nailed that there would be some ridiculous number of scum in the game and that town would lose even if it did incredibly well in killing scum.

:D
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:52 am

Post by Gleeman »

won to the shadow was directly hinting there was a cult, but also referenced the lanfear/ rand role.
and as mos said, anyone familiar with the series should have expected scum galore.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:14 am

Hence why pooky being right about this is no surprise. I'm surprised that he's the only one who expected it.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”