Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:59 am

Post by Harry_Potter »

ibaesha wrote:...so I actually don't believe it's unfathomable that Harry Potter would think that. A point could be made that he may have been parrotting me when he said that though.
No, I had actually come to that decision on my own. I felt that BJ could have been considered by blue to be the "vote that broke the camel's back" so to speak.

Oh, and I can't help that I log on after someone points out I haven't posted in a while, so think what you like about that.

I still feel that MBL is scum. I have nothing further to go on than what others have already posted and my own scumdar. At the moment I feel that Ibby is town and his attacks on her aren't really helping me see him as town. I get that he could be town and erroneously attacking a fellow townie, but his posts just seem too self assured to me. It almost as if he's setting her up for the lynch so he can come back tomorrow and play the "I must not be scum, no scum would argue so hard for the lynch of a townie" card. That's just my thoughts though.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yosarian2 wrote:It's clear, from the mod's discription of the game, from the first mod post, and from my own PM, that your abilities are based on the items in your office.
Please quote me if I'm wrong, but...
Yaw wrote:(While your company in known for the zany stuff sent to Wile E. Coyote, you actually make most of your revenue selling useful and less exciting items.)
This is the only time Yaw mentions items, and they aren't items in offices, they are products being sold.
Yaw, describing the game in the queue thread wrote:Your name is Jack. As a good Jack, you have the inherent ability to perform any task, as long as you have the tools to do so. You work in the offices of ACME Industries, a place with many marvellous inventions...so when killers infiltrate the office you will have to use the tools you have to drive them out.
There appears to be no correlation between roles and items within the office. Tools could mean any number of things.

That leaves your own PM, which I'm not privy to. I still fail to see how you come up with items for everyone when you don't seem to have any.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

MrBuddyLee (4): Fuldu, ibaesha, Harry_Potter, Uraj45
Save The Dragons (2): Yosarian2, mathcam
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
ibaesha (1): Coron
TheCesspit (1): Mastermind of Sin
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
mathcam (1): Save The Dragons

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, armlx

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Harry_Potter wrote:It almost as if he's setting her up for the lynch so he can come back tomorrow and play the "I must not be scum, no scum would argue so hard for the lynch of a townie" card.
I'm not setting her up for a lynch. I'm not voting for her. Your argument falls flat. What I'm doing is getting the people I find suspicious to talk more about their actions and about other suspicious people, in hopes it'll help find scum. It's certainly an improvement on how things have gone the past few days.

What're your takes on my suspicions of Pooky and Max/STD, Harry? Did you find Ibby's interaction with Pooky normal? Do you find Pooky's reapparance and explanation for his lurking pro-town?
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Just because you're not voting for me doesn't mean you're not pushing my lynch. Harry Potter's reaction to you is proof of that. Even if you're not (which I don't believe), you sure LOOK like you are. And if you're trying to get me to talk more, you certainly did. Not like I lacked content or posts in this game or have ever lurked.

Once again, improvement on how things have gone the past few days? You're partially responsible for that, dontcha think? <--- excuse snide remark but every time you admonish the rest of us for the last few days, take a look at yourself before you speak.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:30 pm

Post by ibaesha »

*cough* If MBL can be an ass so can I.
Ibby wrote:Once again, improvement on how things have gone the past few days? You're partially responsible for that, dontcha think?
Except for the part where we lynched scum. You weren't in any way responsible for that event.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:04 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:It's clear, from the mod's discription of the game, from the first mod post, and from my own PM, that your abilities are based on the items in your office.
Please quote me if I'm wrong, but...
Yaw wrote:(While your company in known for the zany stuff sent to Wile E. Coyote, you actually make most of your revenue selling useful and less exciting items.)
This is the only time Yaw mentions items, and they aren't items in offices, they are products being sold.
Yaw, describing the game in the queue thread wrote:Your name is Jack. As a good Jack, you have the inherent ability to perform any task, as long as you have the tools to do so. You work in the offices of ACME Industries, a place with many marvellous inventions...so when killers infiltrate the office you will have to use the tools you have to drive them out.
There appears to be no correlation between roles and items within the office. Tools could mean any number of things.

That leaves your own PM, which I'm not privy to. I still fail to see how you come up with items for everyone when you don't seem to have any.
(shrug) My PM said that my office was empty other then a chair and a desk, and so I had no night abilies. It seemed pretty clear to me from that that some people did have things in their office that gave them night abilites. Actually, as should be clear by that post, I had a pretty fuzzy idea of exactally how that worked at that early point in the game.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:40 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

STD, a "tool" certainly seems to imply items of some sort. Reasoning that items are a source for your role is not a stretch at all.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:53 pm

I'm willing to drop this, since there's not much else I can argue, and I'm believing it to be possible. It just caught my attention.

But Yaw says tools, not "each office has a tool." I don't see how an outsider can mix the two. I don't see how it's obvious to come to that conclusion.

But I really care more about lynching scumwise/scumcam.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:49 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

*looks at votecount* *looks again* *and again*

MBL: Why are you still not voting Iba??? I started out thinking you're pro-town, then start thinking you're scummy, then think H_P's more scummy... and then I realise that despite so many posts you're still not voting. Scummish.
Blank.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:26 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

spectrumvoid, quit pushing Ibby's false argument and pretending it makes me scummy.

Again, I think Pooky and Max/STD have been scummiest. As I just reread the thread, I realized that mmod should be on there (last observation of another player August 8th) and only one person's called him out as well. If anything YOU'RE the one who's scummy for being too lazy to look these things up on your own. If you hadn't made that comment about pro-town PMs I'd wonder a lot more about you...

I can criticize Ibby all I want, find her play suspicious, and still have nagging doubts about her alignment. I DO NOT HAVE TO VOTE FOR HER. ME VOTING FOR HER IS NOT SCUMMY. I CAN CONTINUE TO PRESS HER WITH QUESTIONS IF I WANT. END OF STORY.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 am

if you don't vote for her, kittens will die. is that what you want?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:15 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm starting to get that feeling, those poor kitties. :( I'm also getting that reverse psychology feeling my mom used to use to get me to eat spinach.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Right person wrong reason spectrum.
Stating a suspcion and not putting your vote there is not inherently scummy. Ibby's persistence on that particular point is getting tiresome.

I, for instance, happen to be quite suspicious of you, spectrum (I'm very suspicious of a lot of people for that matter), but I'm not voting for you at this time.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:24 am

to be honest, I could care less if you're voting ibby, and those saying you must vote her or stop attacking her make me wonder.

and no one has answered my question about mathcam yet, although I'll give it more time.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:13 am

Post by Fuldu »

Consider the Spamwise quote in its full context, STD.
Spamwise wrote:If that were true, which it could be, then there's a few things wrong with it. Assuming that you can change alignment completely, if ibby were town yesterday and I were scum, after swapping last night I logically should be advocating her lynch. I can vouch that the office of Jack Johnson is pro-town, otherwise my vote would be somewhere else. Still though, it could be possible that some offices have nothing to do with your role.
He was describing a scenario in which swapping offices results in swapping alignments, and since he'd been Jack Johnson, he knew that that office was pro-town. While it's certainly possible that Spamwise was trying to cleverly hide his knowledge that alignment didn't shift with office swaps under the innocent suggestion that it did, I assumed, and I imagine others did as well, that, since that sort of mechanism would be game-breaking, he was just an idiot. Certainly there's other evidence to support that hypothesis.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:04 am

Post by ibaesha »

Uraj wrote: Stating a suspcion and not putting your vote there is not inherently scummy. Ibby's persistence on that particular point is getting tiresome.
About as tiresome as MBL asking me the same question repeatedly for which there is no answer that will satisfy him? I can only think of two reasons for this. 1) He is scum attempting to make a false accusation fit. 2) He is town who has become so attached to his theory that even though he is asking the question, he is unwilling to consider the merit of the answer.

#1 seems more viable to me, obviously. However, I will consider #2.

If it is #2 then he is expecting me to have behaved in the manner he would've without actually having been in my position at the start of day 3. Note: I was focused more on things that I knew directly involved me such as the discrepancy with spamwise/mathcam and also the mechanics of the game where I took into account the knowledge of my office - Still willing to explain if anyone is interested. Since MBL isn't in my office, if he's town, he's stubbornly refusing to contemplate my position at the time where he expected different behavior from me.

Taking that into consideration, it is possible that I am guilty of similar stubborness in regards to MBL. I am a firm believer of putting your vote where your mouth is. I find it scummy when people don't. Always have - always will. MBL has expressed being more suspicious of others, but his primary attacks have been on me. Therefore, I have disbelieved his stated 'more suspicious of others' stance because he's not behaving in a manner I would myself.

I have been contemplating the possibility that myself and MBL are two townies arguing over differences of how we would each handle things and finding each other scummy for not doing what we would do ourselves. If this is true, continuing to fight over it will not do the town any good. I'm not ready to entirely accept this idea but it is something that is on my mind. In light of it, I am willing to back down from arguing with MBL further at this point. (agree to disagree as he put it)
Uraj wrote:I, for instance, happen to be quite suspicious of you, spectrum (I'm very suspicious of a lot of people for that matter), but I'm not voting for you at this time.
There's a very good case for spectrum being town. The fact that you don't recognize it is suspect.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:06 am

while he may have been an idiot...

the whole surfboard and guitar thing was something I picked up on as a joke (read, NSW = Australia = probably Sydney, as it is in NSW = surfing) and I probably would have said something simmilar had my office moved. And I'm not an idiot (i'm a dumbass).

I still can see it as a scumtell even if he were an idiot, however, I think I did make a mistake in not looking at the quote as a whole.

I still find it suspicious that you keep moving around, but I'm willing to move on.

Unvote, Vote: Cesspit
for being the other other white meat.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Ibaesha, surely you're not blind to the fact that you yourself are also guilty of fueling this fixation between you and MBL? Just as the majority of his posts have focused on you, the majority of your posts have focused on him. The most common form of defense is an attack, and in this manner when you attack MBL, he finds it neccessary to respond, and in defense talks about you some more. You aren't exactly making it easy for him to ignore you.
There's a very good case for spectrum being town. The fact that you don't recognize it is suspect.
By all means, elaborate. I very well may have missed it.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:06 am

Post by ibaesha »

Uraj wrote:Ibaesha, surely you're not blind to the fact that you yourself are also guilty of fueling this fixation between you and MBL?
Obviously I'm not blind to it since that's the primary basis of my last post. What's your point?
Uraj wrote:By all means, elaborate. I very well may have missed it.
ibaesha wrote:Why I don't think spectrumvoid is scum:
spectrumvoid wrote:Basically BJ's comment that his pm says his pro-town shows that he's lying. My PM doesn't state my alignment. So his lying about his pm, which may mean that he's scum.
She was the first person to make this statement. It is a true statement that pro-town PMs do not state alignment. While others echo'd this statement (including myself), the fact that she said it first makes her the most believable of them all. Despite some behavior from her here and there that I've found suspicious, I can't really believe she's scum due to this.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:49 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Pardon me, but I didn't find that argument to be a very good one. Spectrum's statment was ia little bit of nonsense in response to what was obviously a joke on BJ's part. It doesen't clear her by any stretch of the imagination.
Obviously I'm not blind to it since that's the primary basis of my last post. What's your point?
Hardly. The part that you fail to recognize is that your argument against MBL is based around a flawed motivation. If your reason for voting him was that he kept talking about you. . .and you were forcing him to talk about you. . .where does that leave you?

No time to talk more now. I'll be back later.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:03 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

So you think that spectrumvoid could be scumand happen to take a random guess, one that could completely backfire and get her killed right away, that protown role pms don't state alignment either?
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Seriously, it's highly unlikely that was a bluff. spectrumvoid would have to have balls of steel to make that leap of faith if all she had to work with was a scum pm. Guessing wrong would be a death sentence.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:18 pm

Post by ibaesha »

MBL made several posts, including one that was lengthy and specifically targetted at me -before- the back and forth between us began. That is when I began asking him why he wasn't voting for me. It's not like I suddenly came up with this during our battle. So I'm still not getting your point. I have also just conceded that I am possibly guilty of being stubborn about my stance on that topic and that it may be a difference of opinion. Essentially, I said I'd drop it. So why are you now pushing the matter?

Let's go over what I am suspicious about with MBL.

1. Possible attempt at derailment of the bluemonick wagon with a post that also is somewhat misleading in regards to Harry Potter.
2. Possible opportunistic bandwagon jumping without giving reasons.
3. Attacking me over the bluemonick thing in a manner which suggests he doesn't believe what he is saying since no answer is acceptable.
4. Lengthy and repeated attacks of me while voting elsewhere. (I will drop this, but I still find it scummy regardless of if other people disagree)

So, I guess that's where it leaves me while I contemplate the idea of us being two townies fighting. I'm -still- not sure what point you're trying to make here. You say it's tiresome, yet you're attempting to drag it out some more. WTF?

I flat disagree with you about spectrumvoid. How the hell was she supposed to know BJ was joking? And I don't think he was joking as much as he was being an ass anyways. Her reaction seemed entirely genuine and with each attempt you make to brush it off as inconsequential, the more suspicious I become of you.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:15 pm

Post by mathcam »

StD: It seems like your number one suspicion of me is that I brought up something scummy that spamwise did, that everyone else seems to have ignored. Can you explain again why that's scummy?

MBL and Ibby: No offense, but it's becoming increasingly tedious to read your posts. You're welcome to post as much as you like, just know pretty soonl you'll be the only two reading them.

Cam

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”