WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

Ghyrt
Ghyrt
Goon
Ghyrt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:14 pm

Post by Ghyrt »

LYNCH MINUS ONE.
[i]"Rolling in the muck is not the best way of getting clean."
---Aldous Huxley[/i]
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:29 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Imma hammah then.
Buy mystery meat.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:31 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Or do we want to address whatever it is Illumina brought up? I actually had my Hammah post written out before I saw that post.
Buy mystery meat.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:04 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I don't trust PJ 100%. I want a Ghyrt lynch tomorrow most likely unless investigations turn up anything interesting.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Seriously, Marath-Damane. The more I think about it, the sillier this has been.

Do you guys think Gleeman is going to show up and tell us to
mourn
the death of a Marath-Damane, a
nameless
Seanchan who enslaves female channelers for her own purposes? Ugh. We should have lynched him yesterday.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:17 am

Post by Illumina »

I don't buy it. If a Seanchan is in the game, it's all but certain that they'll be nameless, as there was no prominent named Seanchan that I'm aware of. And considering the prominent role they play in the series, it's hard to imagine a game
without
one included.

I'm beginning to seriously consider the possibility of a corrupted Rand. It fits with the elements of the story, and keeps us actively guessing at the end if the game isn't really close (since I'm guessing Rand only turns if there's limited or no other darkfriends alive).

Please
do not vote
until we can properly address this - there's always time to lynch M-M if that's the play, but there's no reason to rush to night with this unresolved. Especially given PJ seems eager to do just that...
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

You people are impossible.

1.) There actually
were
quite a few 'prominent' Seanchan in the books. Exactly how much have you
read
of the series? This is probably a slight spoiler, so cover your eyes if you don't wish to know, but here's a short list (simply the
first
name is a huge strike against your argument):

A.) Tuon, Daughter of the Nine Moons, engaged to Matt Cuathon (hmm, ring any bells?)
B.) Egeanin Tamarath, another very prominent character, who later pairs up with Bayle Domon
C.) Renna, the Sul'dam who captured Egwene, and tried to kill Egeanin
D.) High Lord Turak, blademaster and former leader of the Seanchan
E.) High Lady Suroth, who I believe is the new leader of the Seanchan

2.) I am not "eager" to lynch M-M. But guess what? I have pretty much been the only person doing anything about this game for the past two or three days. Do you actually think I have been
scummy
for leading lynches on
scum
? This game has lasted quite a while, and today has lasted quite a while, and I am happy with our choice of lynch. Considering I unvoted for discussion earlier, I don't think you can accuse me of being "eager".

3.) Simply because certain types of characters are "prominent" in the book does NOT correlate to whether or not those people must be in the game. I am not denying that M-M is Seanchan (there is simply too much evidence supporting that claim), but I am doubting he is pro-town. If you think prominence in the book correlates to being in the game, please explain the absence of:

a.) Children of the Light
b.) Seafolk (Windfinders, etc.)
c.) Traditional Aiel (we only seem to have one... and she came with a name [unless you wish to count Rand])
d.) Ogier (we only seem to have one... and he came with a name)
e.) Characters at Valan Lucca's

4.) I can assured you that I am town. MMoD's rumours even support me (first by verifying that I ordered Broomhead to kill himself, so I
cannot
be the balefire killer, and second by showing that the hooking up of me and Pooky-Moraine was a
good thing
for the town). MBL has had forever and a day to investigate me if he so wishes. I have been very outward with my suspicions, I have been the most active scum-catcher, and just so happen to be the
protagonist of the Series
. I've gone over all of this before.

Your theories as of late are
really
bugging me. And seeing as you're the person who has been collared by M-M, I think your last-minute defense of M-M is fairly scummy.

Also, you said that M-M tells you every night who he is/isn't going to collar. Can you even verify that he targeted Lordy last night? You never did say.

FoS: Illumina
, if there is an indication that M-M is scum and the game continues after that, I will definitely have to look at you again, despite the innocent investigation on you.

And actually, while compiling this, I discovered that this conversation is pointless. Ghyrt miscounted the votes, and M-M has hit five.

Mod
, M-M has been lynched.
Vote #1: Anonymities, post 924
Vote #2: MrBuddyLee, post 927
Vote #3: PetroleumJelly, post 941
Vote #4: Tamuz, post 947
Vote #5: Ghyrt, post 949
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:28 am

Post by Gleeman »

M-m is lynched, my bad.
He was indeed a Marathe-Damane., but when you kill Machavian Mafia illumina suddenly starts panicking and screaming, clawing at her throat. She soon drops dead of a heart attack or something. She was Siaun Sedai (yes blah blah, she was amril or non sedai, i am human and made a mistake)
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:24 am

Post by Gleeman »

gah, dAY will break tomorrow. sorry for the delay.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:08 am

Post by Gleeman »

Day dawns with no deaths.
with 8 living its 5 to lynch
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:19 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Ah, good, that was the best thing that could have happened. I obviously told my Ashaman not to kill last night (not that he could have, if Anonymities followed through).

Now, it could either be the case that Ghyrt is the final scum (or one of the final scum, since we don't strictly know how many scum are left) and was role-blocked from killing last night,
or
that the scum group otherwise missed their kill, or purposely sent in a no-kill in order to incriminate Ghyrt.

I believe the optimal strategy is to have MBL and MMoD reveal their information, and unless there is a guilty result, we will No-Lynch. Yes, that seems mathematically odd with an odd number of players alive, but I think we have caught scum in a pickle: if they kill on the same night that Ghyrt is role-blocked, they would essentially be forfeiting an attempted lynch on Ghyrt (since Ghyrt cannot kill if he is role-blocked), but the longer they hold off on killing, they may be investigated as guilty or otherwise be found out by a rumor.

Mod
, I believe it is 7 alive with 4 to lynch.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:23 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

6. mystery meat of doom
8. petroleumjelly
9. Fritzler (replaces lml)
12. MrBuddyLee
14. Anonymities (replaces TheMan himself (replaces Ameliaslay)
23. Ghyrt (replaces - broomhead )
25. Tamuz

Shouldn't it be seven remaining, Gleeman?
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:25 am

Post by Gleeman »

my bad, i was looking at the excel sheet and forgot to put lowell as dead , whoops :)
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:29 am

Post by Gleeman »

wait, with 7 living thats a win for Tamuz and the cult of the dragon:

Tamuz, MMoD, MBL and Anonymities win.

town - why you let measema live for more than a second when you knew who he was, and was throwing out bullshit rhymes in a clear attempt to claim thom is a mystery to me.

a quick report from me a proper writeup tomorrow - Tamuz, the rhyming was excellent, and a great idea for a claim, would have been interesting if you had claimed thom first.
The various people who had balefire, why the hell didnt you kill rand?
Seriously.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:33 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

*sheds a tear*
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:36 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh God DAMNIT.

Why
is there a CULT in a game where you DO NOT REVEAL ALIGNMENT?

If there was
ever
a dead cult member in this game, I will fly off the handle over the fact that we were never
told
there was a cult in this game.

*goes off to fume*

I am seriously pissed. Damn it all to hell.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:37 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

WHAAAAT???
Retired as of October 2014.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:41 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

No cultists died in the making of this film.
Anonymities
Anonymities
Townie
Anonymities
Townie
Townie

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:07 am

Post by Anonymities »

Well that was amusing. I won when I was pro-town the entire time except for this last night! Crazy eh. Hehehe. Amusing.
Illumina
Illumina
Goon
Illumina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:23 am

Post by Illumina »

Well, that's a shock. Though honestly, I was damned surprised that the game didn't end after M-M was killed.

Two questions: I assumed I'd stay alive after M-M's death - what was the reasong, there? Also, Spamwise was actually town, wasn't he?
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:51 am

Post by Nightson »

Illumina wrote:Well, that's a shock. Though honestly, I was damned surprised that the game didn't end after M-M was killed.

Two questions: I assumed I'd stay alive after M-M's death - what was the reasong, there? Also, Spamwise was actually town, wasn't he?
I don't know if it was anything the mod said that made you think that, but in the books Damane do indeed die upon the death of their Marathe-Damane. I'm kinda suprised no one thought of that.

Am I the only one who finds it weird the Rand, the dragon himself loses to the Cult of the Dragon?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:57 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

petroleumjelly wrote:Oh God DAMNIT.

Why
is there a CULT in a game where you DO NOT REVEAL ALIGNMENT?

If there was
ever
a dead cult member in this game, I will fly off the handle over the fact that we were never
told
there was a cult in this game.

*goes off to fume*

I am seriously pissed. Damn it all to hell.
First off, there was never a dead cult member in this game. Secondly, why in hell did you let Maesema, who is clearly insane and generally a bad guy, live?
Nightson wrote:
Illumina wrote:Well, that's a shock. Though honestly, I was damned surprised that the game didn't end after M-M was killed.

I don't know if it was anything the mod said that made you think that, but in the books Damane do indeed die upon the death of their Marathe-Damane. I'm kinda suprised no one thought of that.

Am I the only one who finds it weird the Rand, the dragon himself loses to the Cult of the Dragon?
Because Rand hates everything Maesema stands for. Assuming the cult kills off everyone but themselves and Rand, Rand would attempt to destroy them, at which point they would have to assume he had been turned to the Shadow and eliminate him. Hence, he loses.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:58 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Yes, Elaida Sedai (Spamwise) was protown.
Permanent V/LA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:14 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

You know, it's easy to talk when you're an outside spectator. Try putting things in context:

On Day 6, Tamuz claimed here. If you read my next two posts (which were directly afterwards), I point out my skepticism over his claim, and line him up for a very near Vigging. Since we had already caught scum before that claim (SkyLink), we already had our lynch set, so lynching Tamuz was not an option that day so far as I was concerned.

And of course, that same day, we have Post 775 from MBL, which
"clears"
Tamuz, even though I suspected him.

I adjust my Vig list here. Over the course of the Day, I decide the
safest
thing to do was simply to No-Kill, since as far as I was concerned, there was no way there would be a cult in a game with no-reveal, and the scum certainly weren't going to go anywhere.

On Day 7, I decided to go after the weakest non-confirmed players. In a game where the existence of a cult seems like an impossibility, this was clearly the correct play. We lynched the claimed townie (Lowell), and I Vigged the claimed Mason, who had absolutely no guarantee of being innocent (and was also an antagonistic character in the books, being Elaida), and also had no powers to worry about (Spamwise).

On Day 8, I argued rather extensively with Tamuz, and in fact obviated the fact that I
really
did not like his behavior in Post 910, but how I also
really
did not like his claim in Post 912.

I was very ready to lynch Tamuz. But, as it happens, our game had exactly two information roles. Both of those information roles were culted. Both of those information roles helped to "clear" Tamuz, as I demonstrated in Post 915. It was not Tamuz's play which made me back off of him, but rather the information given to me by players whose claims I determined were pro-town (who actually
did
have pro-town roles before they were culted).

So, believe it or not, I went after the
other
extremely VAGUE role-claim in Machiavellian-Mafia, the
unnamed
marath-damamen.

In short,
that
was "why in hell" I let Tamuz live. With the information we had, I still believe I was making optimal plays.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Yay cult.

And MoS, who exactly COULD I recruit? I had like 4 failure (catching like 2 scum, so I was an investagative role).

Uhmm, lets see, the rhyming, yeah I didn't even think of doing Thom. It actually pretty much fell in my lap with the rhyme of flay and today. After that I kinda had to keep doing it or be screwed. Lets see... what else? The rhyming kind of backed me into a corner I really couldn't do blitzposting, or explain myself concisely which both helped and hurt.

Maesema is *ehemm* NOT clearly insane, I'm a good guy, you just have to not mess with me. I'm like Tyler Durden.

Pretty much this was an under the radar game for us culties, PJ's mega-powerness was scary at first, but in time it became a huge asset to getting rid of people.

Claiming Thom probably would have gotten me killed because I had already alluded to getting random information IE YoS & Flay, neither of which would have flown with Thom, plus I would have left mmod hanging. Although, I wonder about the non-entity of Matt in this game.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”