Open 465 - Wot's... Uh the Deal? (Game Over! Town Win!)

Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:41 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Vote Count
Thor665 (L-3): Shrimp85, Adam-12
Mantisdreamz (L-4): borkjerfkin
ProHawk (L-4): Malakittens
Malakittens (L-3): Thor665, ProHawk
Shrimp85 (L-4): Mantisdreamz

Not Voting: Leviathan93, Guile

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday, December 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM EST
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

Whoo, let's respond to that wall with another wall!

Pro wrote:Mala has recently popped up on my radar as scum after she started to take a back seat in the game from a front row seat. Her actual scum-hunting posts where she seems to care about finding scum were pretty good at the beginning.

Time has been limited as of late. 3/4 of my classes happens to be a law-major type of classes so you can only imagine the research or the level of hardness in types of what the finals are going to be. I still care about finding scum, but I have narrowed my list down so much that there's only 4 remaining possibilities of scum.

Pro wrote:Scum-tell because she changed mid-game? No. She could have easily just have ran out of time to keep up with a fast-paced game. What I find very suspect is her reaction to being called out on it.

You'll find out when I'm called out while being town I tend to get a lot more panicky and paranoid, but as scum I tend to be a bit more calmer, but not as much.

Pro wrote:Its clear to me it has struck a nerve. I don't see it as a town reaction to having limited time/availability. Not really a strong tell, but evidence to be brought to the table.

Congrats go read this game where I did almost the same exact reaction when I got hit with the flu, but then my computer broke which stopped me from properly posting. It's located in Donner Party.

Right now I think you are suffering of the mindset "Mala must be scum because she fails reaction tests and reacts horribly".

Pro wrote:Here is where my real scum-read pops up. She has this obsession with meta-based alignment tells.

I use meta more as town rather than scum to hunt for the differences of players.

Switch Mafia
Fire & Ice
Recent Science Game I did alt. >.> I used the same meta analysis during my first science game though.

Those are only three town games of which I used meta in recently. All of my scum games barely have meta analysis. The only time I did use meta analysis was to try and hunt for the other scum team during multiball, Guile was present there. I was in a hydra.

Pro wrote:Coincidence that all of these posts about going to meta someone came after Molly pointed out that scum usually don't read other games? Could be, but Mala does think its a town-tell as pointed out here.

Funny because I asked Shrimp for some completed games, but he never linked them.

Pro wrote:So Mala, why did you decide to change your playstyle mid-game? Also, what is the deal with you being all over meta-analysis when you have stated twice that they aren't good indicators?

I didn't try and change my play-style. I'm focusing more on school rather than this game at this point. Meta is not good to use as a base of a case, but it is helpful when you are trying to weed out scum from possible town by meta.
The place where I found they don't work as well is off another site. I got fooled by another player when analysis another game which the round-about way she was going after someone felt different from the way she goes about them when she's scum.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:14 am

Post by Adam-12 »

At this point in the game Shrimp & Guille need to be posting more.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Just for the record, I am willing to accept the following lynches today:

Mollie-Thor, Bork/Mala, Levi

Levi of course would be a policy lynch.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 am

Post by ProHawk »

Mala, so it seems like you are going to make me work for this the hard way by doing a meta analysis on you that I find to be rather null honestly, but since its your main defense it needs some looking into.

Yes, you do meta-analysis as town. Meta analysis requires both town games and scum games to compare. Why didn't you link me to any of your scum games? I had to go find them all on my own.

Here is what I found interesting:

As scum, you have used your town-meta as a defense before as scum:

In Bird 7p
Carbon-14

As scum, you have stated or implied that you went back/would go back to read another game on another player to use a meta-based argument:

Carbon-14
Murder On the HMS Regalia

So if you can be seen doing it as scum and as town, what does that make you? See why meta usually results in a null-tell? Anyhow, worthy of note is in you town games where you use meta, you usually make a case with the meta with specific evidence points whereas when you are using meta as scum its more half-hearted either from memory or no case at all. Your meta-casings more closely appear leaning toward how you do meta-analysis as scum and less toward how you do meta-analysis as town. Did I miss anything?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:39 am

Post by Malakittens »

Yeah meta defense of myself, but not of other players. I didn't use meta to try to build a case or even influence it to vote. This is different than my town games. Plus the first two you linked were really early games the 7bird was recent, but Cort was the most recent which didn't again influence my reads.

I never did go back to those games of theirs btw.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:42 am

Post by ProHawk »

I also have another question for you Mala, Now that I have gone through and read your ISO and the entire Carbon-14 game, does that mean I am not scum?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:45 am

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1205, Malakittens wrote:Yeah meta defense of myself, but not of other players. I didn't use meta to try to build a case or even influence it to vote. This is different than my town games. Plus the first two you linked were really early games the 7bird was recent, but Cort was the most recent which didn't again influence my reads.

I never did go back to those games of theirs btw.

That's the funny thing though because you haven't made any solid meta case of anyone else here save to say their play is different.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Malakittens »

No. You are forcing me to self-meta right now, but not only that you're pushing a shitty case against me. You already know what I'm capable of, but you're pushing for my lynch anyways.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 am

Post by ProHawk »

I am pushing for your lynch because I see scum in your eyes. Why didn't you ever use any of the meta-cases as scum to influence your reads or vote for anyone?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:59 am

Post by Malakittens »

My cases in general aren't strong. If I used meta to make a case as scum it looks weak and I actually am over caring how I look as scum, but don't care how I look as town.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 am

Post by ProHawk »

You had better get on making a case using meta in that vein, because you still haven't.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:10 am

Post by Malakittens »

I have already said that Guile is not scum due to meta. His recent scum game he had a hard time wanting to give out solid scum reads, but this game was different.

I will admit I was reaction testing Levi straight up in the beginning for signals for his scum meta, but none of the signals were shown.

I wasn't sure what I was looking for in Mollie, but I didn't see that much of a difference between games.

I saw a huge difference from Adam's scum game from this one so I labeled him as town.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:44 am

Post by Adam-12 »

Why the bad vote for Levi late in the game then?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:46 am

Post by ProHawk »

Did Guile die early or late in his recent scum game?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:49 am

Post by Malakittens »

It's not a bad vote when things he was saying looked scummy.

@preview: Late. I also knew he was scum right away
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:56 am

Post by Adam-12 »

It didn't sound like a genuine case to me. It sounded to me like you were looking for an easy place for your vote.
leviathan93
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
leviathan93
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 am

Post by leviathan93 »

As you said Mala I don't care how i look when I play town, because all i care about is being honest and finding scum. =P town can say scummy things too. and they get mislynched a hell of a lot for it. you continue to seem town to me, and i view your and prohawk's arguments to be pointless cuz it looks like town on town and not getting anywhere.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Adam-12 »

I also don't see your case for Hawk other than OMGUS for pressuring you for content which you had not been delivering and I didn't really buy your issue about how he didn't address Levi since Levi had been delivering actual content when you had not.

I see your Hawk vote as an easy BW vote.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:04 am

Post by Malakittens »

Nope. The only meta from his scum game was that he didn't want to make enemies and to appease those who suspected him. He also wanted quick lynches too.

The claiming early is a scummy thing to do. How do you feel about claiming early when not at L-1?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am

Post by ProHawk »

Sounds pretty typical to his play-style as a new player to me actually.
Adam-12
Adam-12
Goon
Adam-12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Adam-12 »

I liked your early push on Levi alot. I liked alot of your play prior to your VLA. Your play after coming back has been highly questionable however; I don't see it matching your profile as a skilled and experienced player.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Malakittens »

Adam. Want to know the reason I suspected Shrimp in the beginning? He looked like he wanted to stay in RVS.
Town wants to get out of RVS as soon as possible. I did a reaction test while getting us out of it as soon as possible.

I couldn't do as much content as I wanted to do because I was in class then being overwhelmed by being down over 14 pages because you can't seem to want to put a leash on your posts and have almost a post count of 300 at the time. I expect being down that many pages in a large game, but when half of those posts come from one player it's abousetly ridiculous.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:18 am

Post by ProHawk »

I need to test a theory, can we push Mala up to L-1?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Malakittens »

Why? You are freaking stupid. If you think lynching me is the best thing for the town right now.

If I am lynched, please look at one person on my wagon and one person off of it as the scum team.

I already stated that there is a overwhelming amount of people that is okay with my lynch. Unless there's hardcore bussing coming from the scum team on Day 1, I'm probably town. Now stop being an arrogant fucktard, Pro.

Return to “Completed Open Games”