Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by Glork »

ROFL.

You fantasize about executing me as scum?

I feel so touched.

By a guillotine blade.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:09 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PJ wrote:2.) Since it's pretty clear I'm not the Kingmaker, I think I will advocate a Glork-King tomorrow, although I think I would personally prefer a Thok-King (simply because Thok almost seems to be matching my brainwaves this game), both strong players (who are attentive to the game), and who I am currently thinking are likely to be town.
This rubbed me the wrong way, tiger. If we have an impressionable Kingmaker, they'll likely heed your will. Hypothetically, scum can easily kill the one of those two that's town, leaving us with a scum king tomorrow.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:37 am

Post by Phoebus »

Still reading. Still nothing to add.

@Thok: eh...why do you want to open that can of worms?
Meta gaming so early on?

I have known cases where people asked to be replaced because they were under pressure or looked ahead and thought they couldn't handle the pressure. Yet, such behaviour needs to be monitored and remembered. Starting so early will just lead to unpleasantness.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:05 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Re: What MBL said.

Well, PJ is the king, not the cop (we don't have a cop, right? Just maybe a hero.) He may think the 2 people are town, but there's no cop-proof. So, either way, it doesn't matter whether the 2 people become king tomorrow or not.

Phoebus: Who are you referring to?
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:12 am

Post by Thok »

Phoebus wrote:@Thok: eh...why do you want to open that can of worms?
Meta gaming so early on?

I have known cases where people asked to be replaced because they were under pressure or looked ahead and thought they couldn't handle the pressure. Yet, such behaviour needs to be monitored and remembered. Starting so early will just lead to unpleasantness.
I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Dead Rikimaru
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Dead Rikimaru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:49 am

Post by Dead Rikimaru »

Thok wrote:Just to make sure he doesn't avoid being pressured (only two posts, one of which is to promote a glork/pablito pairing), I'll
vote Dead Rikimaru
, although he should also possibly be prodded.

I'll also
vote Nightson
, mostly metagame based on vikingfan being replaced.
Hi,
Sorry for disappearing but I had some personal problems the mod is aware of.
I also had another post about saying that I was reading the game and would be posting soon, but the Notes feature is failing me and I could not make my personal notes like i'm used too.

I don't think I promoted a pablito/Glork pairing. I think pablito tryed hard to be paired with him.
I played with pablito just once, but his behavior was much much different from that. Also, I think he is very capable of knowing how scummy that would look.
I can't think of a good reason to doing that as a protown strategy. As scum this could serve to either be associated with a (protown) Glork, spreading a cloud of suspicion around him or to distance from a (scum) Glork, making him look a victim of frame.
I think pablito himself could reveal what he was thinking when he said all that.
[i]"Dead Rikimaru is... well, dead. When the lights came back on, he was found turned inside-out, somehow. Disgusting, really. Anyway, he was "Dead Dead Rikimaru" (Self-fulfilling Prophecy)".
-The Scummies 2006 - Red Carpet and Ceremony![/i]
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:48 pm

Post by pablito »

Dead Rikimaru wrote:Looks like pablito is trying too hard to look scummy, while Glork looks more and more annoyed.
Is this an extreme distancing technique?
Your stance is consistent, but "distancing" implies a pair, so you did promote a pairing, albeit extremely subtly.

Yeah, blah blah, everyone's saying "pablito never acts like this" so shut it and live with it. I know I've been visible this game and I know that a lot of people construe visible as scummy. My early moves with defending Glork have served a higher purpose and I stand by those moves. Also please note that in my original first "defend Glork" post, I also put in a subtle mention that I'd defend PJ, but no one cares about mentioning that. Everyone's more fixated on the Glork part because
a) I singled out Glork more
b) Glork reacted

No, I won't reveal what I was thinking when I said I'll defend Glork to the bone. Ask me some other day.
Sup, later.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:29 am

Post by Twomz »

So yeah, i'm still here. At this point, I don't even remember who I'm voting for or why... and I vaguely remember the Pab/Glork thing.... and I know PJ is king cause it's in the title. But yeah, i've forgotten almost everything else, and i'll probably need to reread. Stupid cold... making me forget things faster :(.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:50 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

*gives twomz a cookie* Hope you get better soon :)
Blank.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:00 am

Post by Twomz »

It's a "10 day" upper respiratory viral thingy... and I got it Sat/Sun... *sigh* I still have 4 or 5 days :(. (the symptoms are taking turns too... Sometimes i'll have a headache, sometimes I can't stop coughing, and sometimes I can't stop sneezing... and sometimes I have all of it at once. It's also making my eyes water a lot... I almost took a picture of my face to post it on the site last night, the underpart of my eyes were dark purple and my face was red... I looked horrible :? but it gets better after sleep).

I'll try to get my reread done by Sunday night... tomorrows parents day, and I need to do my laundry today, so i'm not sure if i'll have enough time to get it done before then. (I also might wait for my cold to dissapate before I do it, so I can think clearer).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by pablito »

Since no one's really voting much anymore, I'll do some voting for them.

vote: Ameliaslay, Nightson
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:Since no one's really voting much anymore, I'll do some voting for them.

vote: Ameliaslay, Nightson
Let's try and get at least some talking, want to explain your votes pablito?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by pablito »

No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
That seems unlikely.

:tumbleweed:
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by pablito »

Well I'll explain my vote on you Nightson, if it's going to give you more to discuss.

Both you and vikingfan kinda "grandfathered" your vote son me. Vikingfan's initial vote was random and he never really explained why he kept the vote on - also because it was his only vote. He just kinda took it for granted. And you unvoted all and then revoted me again. Just felt awkward.
Sup, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:05 am

Post by Glork »

I need to re-read this game. Life's been a little too crazy for my liking. Sorry, everyone.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Scum are 67% more likely to apologize for their inactivity.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:02 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Vote Count!

*King petroleumjelly* (1): Bird1111, Phoebus

Ameliaslay (1): Phoebus
bird1111 (5*):
cardb0ardb0x (6): bird1111, Phoebus
ChannelDelibird (2): cardb0ardb0x, Mert
CrashTextDummie (2): pablito, bird1111
Dead Rikimaru (1):
Fritzler (0): CrashTextDummie
Glork (2): pablito, Phoebus, Rosso Carne
Machiavellian-Mafia (0): pablito
Mastermind of Sin (1):
Mert (3): cardb0ardb0x, bird1111, Phoebus
MrBuddyLee (4): cardb0ardb0x, Glork, Rosso Carne
Nightson (2): pablito, Phoebus
pablito (6): MrBuddyLee, Mert, UberTimmy, ChannelDelibird, Ameliaslay, Nightson
Phoebus (8*): MrBuddyLee, cardb0ardb0x, pablito, Mert
PookyTheMagicalBear (0): Glork
Rosso Carne (2): petroleumjelly
spectrumvoid (1): cardb0ardb0x, Phoebus
Thok (0): pablito, bird1111, Vaughn, Dead Rikimaru, Nightson
Twomz (0): Yosarian2, cardb0ardb0x, CrashTextDummie, Phoebus
UberTimmy (1): ChannelDelibird, MrBuddyLee, spectrumvoid
Vaughn (1):
Yosarian2 (1): Mastermind of Sin

Retractable deadline set for Sunday, October 8th.
Sooo sloooow....
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:16 am

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Scum are 67% more likely to apologize for their inactivity.
82% of all statistics are made up.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:Well I'll explain my vote on you Nightson, if it's going to give you more to discuss.

Both you and vikingfan kinda "grandfathered" your vote son me. Vikingfan's initial vote was random and he never really explained why he kept the vote on - also because it was his only vote. He just kinda took it for granted. And you unvoted all and then revoted me again. Just felt awkward.
That's weird, thought I responded to this.

Anyway, I unvoted because I don't really care what vikingfan's reasons for voting you were. My vote for you was for the reasons given in the post where I voted for you. I can't comment on what vikingfan did cause I'm not him.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Argh, deadlines! We dang well better have that retracted, I am
so
not ready for an execution.

Regardless, I suppose it falls on me to kick this game up a notch, so despite the fact that I did not want to do this, I will place four people on the LoE (four for the sake of variety). This
does not
mean you should hold back on other players, but we might as well get opinions on these players from everybody.

Add to the List of Execution: Bird1111, Phoebus, ChannelDelibird, Pablito

I am currently already suspicions of Bird1111 and Phoebus, and my votes pretty much explain that. ChannelDelibird seems to have snuck right under my radar until I isolated his posts. I would like to hear his reasoning for keeping his vote on cb0x, and I also did not agree with the way he went about voting for Mert, and he seems to have since disappeared. Although I am currently thinking Pablito is town, he has somehow accumulated eight votes, so I might as well force you people to talk about him in more detail (I am of the opinion that suspicion of him will drop as a result of me putting him on the list). I think these four should give at least some variety of opinions.

Also,
mod
, can we prods on players who have not posted in over a week? Specifically:

UberTimmy (last post Sep. 17)
PookytheMagicalBear (last post Sep. 18)
Bird1111 (last post Sep. 19)
CrashTextDummie (last post Sep. 19)
AmeliaSlay (last post Sep. 20)
Vaughn (last post Sep. 21)
ChannelDelibird (last post Sep. 23)
Machiavellian-Mafia (last post Sep. 24)

MOD SAYS: Prods sent.

It's really no wonder this game has been stalling with all the recent inactivity.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:10 am

Post by pablito »

Decent LoE. And PJ, I only have 6 votes, but that's still a tie for second most votes, so your point is still justified.
Sup, later.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:09 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm here. I'll reread and come back to you with thoughts within the next 12 hours or so.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:02 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Apologies for falling behind again. Will post my thoughts within the hour.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

PJ, you expressed concern over my votes on Cbox and Mert, so here’s my explanations for those:
Cbox wrote:It’s possible that both pablito and glork are scum. The idea is that pablito is the over-eager mafia, trying to support his pal. Glork knows how to play, and therefore doesn’t want the obvious attention and association, whether he is scum or not.
This is the post that made me vote for Cbox. He presents a theory of both pablito and Glork being scum but only votes for Pablito, which is double standards and possibly trying to protect Glork.

He then says:
Cbox wrote:The reason I'm not voting for Glork at this point is that the only situations suggested to me by their actions are that either both of them are townies, pablito is scum and glork is townie, or both are scum. Is it all right if I just kind of FOS Glork at this point? Actually, I'll Vote: Glork for presure, and then take it off
And now, after being called out on it, ends up voting Glork really flimsily. It just looks like he’s trying to fall into line with everyone else (blending in, as I’m sure you know, helps scum).

My reasons for the Mert vote were not so severe but it was something that rubbed me up the wrong way.
Mert wrote: So we have MoS saying he won't vote, but his suspicions will be laid out in full and we should take note of his words rather than his voting pattern. Then, on the other hand, we have Phoebus saying he plays by gut and may not bother making cases against people, leaving only his votes to indicate his thoughts.

That's quite a tag-team.
Here, albeit subtly, I felt he was linking MoS and Phoebus together. I don’t place such value on it as I do on the Cbox vote, and if this was a regular mafia game I would have just Minor FoS’ed him instead.

Hope that clears up the issues you had, and I’ll cover my thoughts on what’s happened since my last post ASAP.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”