Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:31 pm

Post by Glork »

Awww, kiss and make up.

It was almost a beautiful distancing tactic. Almost. I suggest you both die now. I got the info on my "theory" and your sudden change makes me want to
Confirm Vote: Romanus, Strong FoS: MoS
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Huh. I need to re-read now. I think I get the theory but I didn't see that coming at all. My perception of everything has been entirely different.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:01 pm

Post by Romanus »

Glork -- I can sort of see what you're seeing, but come on. The only reason for my post was to once again try and get some action going, and poking fun at myself.

To take that little comment and stretch it all out of proportion is almost scummy. However, you are just using it to prove some theory you think you have. It is dangerous to be blinded by your own sense of self worth and know that you are so right that the very next post someone makes confirms your theory, no matter what they say.

You are trying a little too hard to prove your theory, stretching a little too far.

Oh, and I'd like to hear this little theory of yours.

Should be good for a laugh if nothing else.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Glork »

My theory was exactly that this whole blow-up between you and MoS would be a distancing tactic. Now that I've seen MoS go "mmkay, let's move on," my opinion has only been strengthened.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Who said I was moving on? Wtf are you talking about?
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:11 pm

Post by Glork »

I'm talking about the fact that you and Romanus are scumbuddies.

wtf are you talking about?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:31 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

How many is Romanus from lynch, before I drop the V-bomb?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:23 am

unvote, vote: Romanus

Your turn.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:05 am

Post by ibaesha »

So do you believe MoS is now bussing, Glork?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:22 am

Post by Glork »

Yea, basically.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:48 am

Post by Romanus »

So, if MOS defends me, he is saving his scumbuddy.
If MOS attacks me, he is distancing himself from me.
If he chooses to ignore the whole situation, he is avoiding me.
If he attacks someone else, he is distracting the town away from me.
If he just shuts up, he is lurking.

Seems like you got a bulletproof case, Glork.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:24 am

Post by Glork »

Ha. Nice hyperbole. But you've got it all wrong.

The way in which MoS and you argued over the semantics of your post indicates to me that you were setting up a front of mutual distrust. When MoS switched to PWS out of nowhere, for no reason, that confirmed in my mind that the attack was a mere distancing tactic. The fact of the matter is that MoS did not have a very good case against you, yet he attacked you at the day's start for nothing more than admitting to bandwagoning. I sorta realized that arguing over whether you said you were sparking conversation before or after his vote for you isn't really that significant... but it does give you a good excuse to continue firing bullets at each other. Meanwhile you, Romanus, are happy voting Ibby or nobody at all, and after all the hubbub, MoS switches to PWS out of nowhere. I definitely smell something fishy here...
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:53 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

*chews on Glork's arm*

Well, I'm pretty sure my vote is still on Romanus, and that's still where Jelly likes is. I caught a similar vibe from MoS/Romanus, except more from the fact that MoS began Day 2 by voting Romanus, but went directly after me at the slightest disagreement over Bacde's posts (after which I think he tried to 'get me in trouble' by stating that my opinion was not only crap, but unfounded crap, which is clearly untrue), after which he did not return his vote on Romanus and in fact did not comment on Romanus until I prodded him into doing so.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Glork, you would almost have a good case, except for the fact that clearly weren't reading the thread very closely. I thought it was rather obvious that my vote on PWS was a direct reply to this post by Romanus:
Romanus wrote:So if I were to say something stupid, or throw my vote around just to get people talking again, that would be scummy, right?
I randomly switched my vote as a joke because of what Romanus said, even throwing in the "<_<" to make it fairly obvious what it was. I had no intention of staying with the vote. The only reason I didn't vote him in my next post was that I was giving you a chance to actually read the thread and realize your mistake first, but you obviously didn't pick up on it.
Permanent V/LA.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:09 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I don't know wtf to think anymore. Maybe I'm stupid. Maybe my perception of this game and the people is completely off. Maybe I'm backasswards. Or maybe I'm not and there's some bad stuff going on here.

I still don't see Romanus as so scummy he should be so close to a lynch right now.

I am unsure about this Romanus/MoS connection. To me that implies that if MoS were scum, he's got me snowed and his earlier defenses of Bacde/me were an attempt to get on my goodside. It would also mean that ... Romanus votes (attacks)me / MoS defends me was done purposely. Except MoS's defense was much stronger than Romanus' attack. I'm just not sure if I can buy all of these things when combined with the earlier arguments about why they are scum together.

I don't understand why no one else is really being pressured today.

PWS seems less suspicious to me than he did before, but since my next suspect (HIAB) isn't posting at all, I haven't been inclined to move.

After EnderX's lack of participation, I was hoping his replacement would offer more insight. All I see is Maz picking the two leading vote-getters of the day and deciding he would later vote for one of them. Then just wanting to lay the hammer down. No insight on anything else, excused away by his dislike of long posting or w/e. I don't understand why he's being allowed to get away with this at all. Seems to me everyone is so happy that he's joining their favorite wagon that he can just do whatever he wants.

And of course Pooky hasn't said a word in forever so who knows what he's thinking.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:16 pm

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

Sorry guys, prerelease weekend. Also I had a 5 page paper due today along with an organic test. I didn't sleep last night. I had to write the last page in 20 minutes, but it had a killer title:
Grains, Rains, and Satan's Aims: Spirituality in Early Civilization

I need to play some catch up.
Oh hai.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:42 am

Post by Maz Medias »

ibaesha wrote:I don't know wtf to think anymore. Maybe I'm stupid. Maybe my perception of this game and the people is completely off. Maybe I'm backasswards. Or maybe I'm not and there's some bad stuff going on here.

I still don't see Romanus as so scummy he should be so close to a lynch right now.

I am unsure about this Romanus/MoS connection. To me that implies that if MoS were scum, he's got me snowed and his earlier defenses of Bacde/me were an attempt to get on my goodside. It would also mean that ... Romanus votes (attacks)me / MoS defends me was done purposely. Except MoS's defense was much stronger than Romanus' attack. I'm just not sure if I can buy all of these things when combined with the earlier arguments about why they are scum together.

I don't understand why no one else is really being pressured today.

PWS seems less suspicious to me than he did before, but since my next suspect (HIAB) isn't posting at all, I haven't been inclined to move.

After EnderX's lack of participation, I was hoping his replacement would offer more insight. All I see is Maz picking the two leading vote-getters of the day and deciding he would later vote for one of them. Then just wanting to lay the hammer down. No insight on anything else, excused away by his dislike of long posting or w/e. I don't understand why he's being allowed to get away with this at all. Seems to me everyone is so happy that he's joining their favorite wagon that he can just do whatever he wants.

And of course Pooky hasn't said a word in forever so who knows what he's thinking.
I'll go ahead and replace out if you like. But you should know as well as any other literate individual with an IQ above room temperature that I don't make big-ass posts, I don't provide game-breaking insight, I don't like repeat what other people have said to gain the appearance of faux participation, and I
especially
don't like people criticizing it for me in one of a million linguistic juggernauts.

What I do is examine the game - to myself, mind you, not in a million spamesque posts that rehash previous points. What I do is analyze people in a vaccum vs. in interaction with specific others vs. in interaction with the entire town. What I do is get meta'd every game by people like you who damn my posting style (yet who I rarely see doing the same to other, more prolific players). What I do is get pissed off that this happens
every game

And maybe I'm just a bad player. If that bothers you so much, I'll get replaced again.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:57 am

Post by ibaesha »

Pretty sure I've never played a forum game with you before. I'm also not going to apologize for expecting you to participate more than you have. And what's bothering me most is the non-reactions to what you've contributed. As I said, it seems that most everyone (who is participating) is just happy that you're going along with their favorite wagon.

I'm not quite sure why you've overreacted so much to my perception of things, but I don't really think the 'fine, I'll take my ball and go home' attitude is really going to help things either. You seem to have taken my perception of things going on in the game (that happen to include you) and taken it as a personal attack. Do you expect people to simply ignore your presence and the things that go on that involve you and never mention your name or what?
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by Maz Medias »

ibaesha wrote:Pretty sure I've never played a forum game with you before. I'm also not going to apologize for expecting you to participate more than you have. And what's bothering me most is the non-reactions to what you've contributed. As I said, it seems that most everyone (who is participating) is just happy that you're going along with their favorite wagon.

I'm not quite sure why you've overreacted so much to my perception of things, but I don't really think the 'fine, I'll take my ball and go home' attitude is really going to help things either. You seem to have taken my perception of things going on in the game (that happen to include you) and taken it as a personal attack. Do you expect people to simply ignore your presence and the things that go on that involve you and never mention your name or what?
Can you not read? I never said you played with me before, I said you were literate. And yes, it was clearly a personal attack.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:25 pm

Post by ibaesha »

Are you just trying to piss me off? A personal attack would be: "You're an idiot and completely worthless!" I didn't even say your play was poor or anything of that sort, which I certainly could and even then it STILL wouldn't be a personal attack.

I said that I was hoping for more from you than attaching yourself to the most popular vote of the moment. And noted that your other contribution was to want to lay the hammer down. It was my take on what I've seen you do since you replaced. This is GAME related, it's not personal, but you saying it is will make it personal in a hurry. I flat REFUSE to ignore your part in this game. If that is what you expect, too bad.
PlaysWithSquirrels
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
PlaysWithSquirrels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:14 pm

Post by PlaysWithSquirrels »

Awkward. Can we get a vote count?
Oh hai.
Maz Medias
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Maz Medias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:49 am

Post by Maz Medias »

PlaysWithSquirrels wrote:Awkward. Can we get a vote count?
Then I can drop the hammer.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:03 pm

Yes, please
Permanent V/LA.
Coron