Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:16 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Harry Potter is still alive too isn't he? Goddamn.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:52 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Fuldu wrote:This was a comment made while MBL had his vote on Bogre and the hammer had not yet been placed on the lynch. If you didn't think Bogre was scum, why didn't you unvote, MBL?
Because we were a day away from deadline and nothing was happening, as best I can recollect. The vote was 11-6 and if I had switched over to Spamwise it'd have been 10-7. I suppose it could have made a difference, but the intensity of my guess that Bogre was town was low and its factual backing was minimal.

I see I'm attracting some votes, which is interesting. Let's take a look at the reasons for voting:
Uraj45 wrote:The more I hear MBL talk, the more convinced I am that his posts are of no value to the town and that he's spouting utter BS.

Vote MrBuddyLee
Attention remaining town: Are "posts are of no value" and "spouting BS" what you'd consider to be good reasons for a vote? Are they reasons that make it sound like Uraj really thinks I'm scum? Not particularly--he's either scum hopping on what he sees as a safe upcoming opportunity or lazy, annoyed town. Also, is it reasonable to find that my posts have had
no
value to town?
ibaesha wrote:
If you're not willing to put your vote where your mouth is, then you obviously don't believe what you're saying.
Hmm? Why would someone not believe what they're saying? Oh! Because they are SCUM!

unvote; vote MrBuddyLee
So I'm not voting for Ibby right now because... I've found Pooky and Max scummiest. And she thinks I'm scum cause... I'm not voting her. Is THAT a reasonable reason to vote someone? Not particularly.

And Ibby, the part where you say I don't believe what I say is just silly. There are five scum or so out there. I intend to try to point out all of them before I die. I can only vote for one, does that mean I don't believe the cases I lay against the other four? Ridiculous statement by you, and I don't care if cam thinks I'm an ass for saying so. It's true--it's ridiculous.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:05 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:Well, care to contemplate out loud for us, then?

Who do you think is scum? Why? Etc. C'mon Pooks. Let's hear it.

I mean, do you realize that MBL is accusing us of being scum together? I know that's not true. You know that's not true, yet you're allowing him to spread such foolish notions without a word?
This statement reeks of "Hey Friend o' Mine not on my scumteam, MBL doesn't think we're on the same scumteam but ima pretend he does in an attempt to get you to defend me."

Mind you, Ibby just voted Pooky 12 minutes earlier. Does this post of Ibby's read like the post of someone who just decided that Pooky was scum?

And Pooky's laughable response:
Pooky wrote:i wanna see who listens to him
If Pooky really wanted to see who listened to me, he'd not have sent up the flag that he was watching people's reactions to my posts. He'd have defended himself and then watched who at least listened to what I had to say. The fact that he announced his "strategy" defeated the strategy, meaning it was just a load of BS he came up with that sounded ok.

Spectrumvoid, you're thinking Ibby and I are scummy... can you please elaborate on why you find me scummy? It's not Ibby's argument that swayed you, because you said her argument about my failure to vote was not very strong.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:18 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

mathcam wrote:Didn't almost everyone prance off to a different topic? I remember when I was doing my read to catch up in the game when I replaced that I was pretty surprised at how little air time that had received.
mathcam wrote:I don't find Uraj/Kurtz more scummy than anyone else at the moment, but I also don't have my game notes with me to look back at things I've found scummy about them so far.
Cam, what do you think of Kurtz/Uraj at this point?

Also to cam and others interested:
It only took a few people running off on another topic to drag people's attention away from the bluemonick/max behavior. It even tricked me--I followed the shiny ball of foil they laid down, so I'm not saying others weren't tricked too. But as you've stated a day and a half later, that stretch of posts was FULL of content, and some people started off the new day with what either ignored it entirely (showing a lack of awareness/curiosity in findng scum) or a malicious intent to bury it by distraction.

Don't you think scum would have discussed that fiasco and agreed that the plan was to distract from it the next day? And if so, which posts at the start of D3 look fishy to you?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:37 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:Now then: Let's see.
ibaesha wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Why didn't you comment the morning after bluemonick tried to out you as his scumpartner? I'd have figured you'd be furious.
I figured his entire play was idiocy, including when he went after me. I also knew he wasn't referring to me since I am -not- his scumpartner. Why would I be furious when I know that's not the case? I was looking at Fuldu as the best possibility there.
Do you believe this defense or not? Yes or no is fine.
No, I do NOT believe that defense. It's not a reasonable explanation for your silence at the start of D3 on the topic. If you really thought bluemonick outed Fuldu as his scumpartner at sunset, why didn't you comment on it at sunrise?
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:02 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:
vote: Harry Potter

I believe there should be a wagon awaiting his response when he returns from vacation.
Please explain this vote and why you placed it mid-way through the bluemonick wagon.
OK. Here is bluemonick's post history at the moment I placed that vote:
bluemonick wrote:I tend to agree, he's seems less of an "investagator" in this particular game and more like 'laying back'.

Im feel comfortable:
Unvote, Vote: Yosarian2

I think these posts need to be reread and looked back on. Bogre claimed townie but yet he was still lynched by this two towards the end. Yosaiain2, that is really suspicious, you just saying, "Can we just lynch him, then?" Isnt that what a Scum wants to do, Lycnch Townies.

Ibaesha, you seem to be following the footsteps of Ibaesha as these posts I quoted were 3 posts right in a row. To me both of you are Suspiciosus right now, and seem to be working as Scum Partners. I already voted for Yosaiain2 so:
FOS: Ibaesha

And this is the main reason I voted for Yosaisin2 but didnt explain it then all of a sudden people start to bandwagon me for no apparent reason than "I seemed to agree with so and so to easily". Im sorry I just didnt explain myself better.

Did that(lynching Bogre) work out on the Town's side for the Better or Worse?

Yes I know this, but I wanted to know, from your perceptive, Why was you still targeting Bogre? After all, he did turn out a Innocent, seems like your sorta dodging around the questions.
That series of posts earned him eight votes. Forgive me for finding that response a bit disproportionate. Or as MoS said:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:well that was a fast bandwagon...
So yeah, I feel quite justified in my behavior that day. For the record, here's the votecount at the point where I decided that Harry Potter needed a wake-up call:
Yaw wrote:bluemonick (8 ): Fuldu, ibaesha, PookyTheMagicalBear, spectrumvoid,
Fritzler, Brian McQueso
, TheCesspit,
Masterchief
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:31 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Sorry, I just can't get past this:

WHY WOULD IBBY CALL ON A PLAYER OF UNKNOWN ALIGNMENT, WHO SHE JUST VOTED FOR, TO SAVE HER?
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:40 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

You know, the more I read over his posts, the more I think that MBL is scum trying to lead the town. After reading the cases they have made against eachother, and *only* because I wouldn't want MBL to think I wasn't going to weigh in on this argument, I am going to

vote Mr Buddy Lee
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
Harry_Potter
Harry_Potter
Goon
Harry_Potter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:42 pm

Post by Harry_Potter »

EBWODP- gotta hit preview, not submit.

MBL is trying to mistate Ibby's case against him. I read it over and I feel there was more there than voting him for not voting her.
Show
Record on this site-
T/M/N- 2/1/0
W/L/T- 1/1/?
NK/L/S- 2/1/0

Games Completed- 2
Games in Progress- 3
Survivor Mafia- dead
Evolution Mafia- alive
Jack of all Trades Mafia- alive
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:44 am

Post by mathcam »

I've actually placed Uraj as "moderately un-scummy" on my list, though I'm not sure I can explain why. I definitely feel we have better targets for today: StD, maybe armlx, maybe Fuldu or Yosarian, or just other people who haven't been all that helpful: Pooky, armlx, etc.

People I currently don't think should be lynched today: mathcam, MBL, Ibaesha, Uraj.

Cam
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

FoS: Harry_Potter

If there was more there, what was it? I'm not saying there wasn't, but i want to hear it from you.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:50 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

The main reason was you not liking the wagon yet voting for Harry_potter, for no apparent reason. And for wagoning. Another thing is the downplay of Fuldu.

But it's just a little 'feeling' here, (I didn't even put an FOS) because I don't think Iba's other arguments make sense. It's as if she's saying you're scummy for saying she's scummy... I read that and I was like... huh? Also because I think you did state your reasons for voting. It's more like a combination of tiny little things.

Uraj: thanks for picking on me for saying obvious things. When there are people who aren't even saying anything content. And you yourself hasn't said much. Gah.

Note the timing of HP's post. It came directly after Uraj said he's still alive. That's lurkerish.

MBL tries to lead the town all the time. I think he just has a naturally dominating playstyle. Also, it's because he likes to do good game analysis. Which you ARE NOT DOING.

You know what? I'm going to go ahead and
vote: Harry-Potter
Because he's so lurky he's just not helping.
Blank.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:42 am

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:This statement reeks of "Hey Friend o' Mine not on my scumteam, MBL doesn't think we're on the same scumteam but ima pretend he does in an attempt to get you to defend me."
Oh this is bullshit and you know it. I'm not even going to dignify it any further than to call it bullshit.
MBL wrote:And Ibby, the part where you say I don't believe what I say is just silly. There are five scum or so out there. I intend to try to point out all of them before I die. I can only vote for one, does that mean I don't believe the cases I lay against the other four? Ridiculous statement by you, and I don't care if cam thinks I'm an ass for saying so. It's true--it's ridiculous
No, this is not ridiculous. It is absolutely NOT. You have made an incredibly hefty case against me. You have spent entire posts focusing on why you think I AM SCUM. You have stated it repeatedly and you have done your damndest to try to convince others that I am scum. Yet, you place your vote ELSEWHERE on a person you have not given anywhere NEAR as much focus and actually have a MUCH weaker case for being scum. You find other people scummier, but you're expending incredible amounts of energy to prove I am scum FIRST? Even though you're wanting to lynch them FIRST? That is what is ridiculous.

As I said, that reeks to me of someone who wants to push my lynch from the sidelines while refusing to vote for me. Here's a second theory though. In the case I'm not lynched today, you can go back later and use this to push a mislynch of me later in game when it's really going to hurt the town and may even lose us the game. I believe a mislynch on me today would be a hell of a lot less harmful than later. Yes, I think it's very possible that you're saving me for later so that when it's at lylo you can get me lynched and win the game for your scumteam. So, yep, if you think I'm scum, and you are town, let's get with lynching me now so you don't fuck it up for the town later. Obviously nothing I say is going to convince you that I'm not scum. Why wait?
MBL wrote:No, I do NOT believe that defense. It's not a reasonable explanation for your silence at the start of D3 on the topic. If you really thought bluemonick outed Fuldu as his scumpartner at sunset, why didn't you comment on it at sunrise?
Great! You don't believe it. I have already defended this point thoroughly and explained myself repeatedly. I have already answered this question. One more time.

I KNEW THAT BLUEMONICK COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE REFERRING TO ME SINCE I AM NOT HIS SCUMPARTNER.

LOOK at my first response about this topic. I said Fuldu is the first one that comes to mind. There was absolutely NO assurity to my opinion on the matter. Just because you think this is the most important issue of the game doesn't mean I HAVE TO.

Now then. I am done answering this same damn question over and over. You don't believe my defense FINE. However, since you don't believe it, stop asking the same question over and over that I HAVE ALREADY ANSWERED several times. If you think it makes me scum, then explain again why you are not voting for me?

MrBuddyLee wrote:Sorry, I just can't get past this:

WHY WOULD IBBY CALL ON A PLAYER OF UNKNOWN ALIGNMENT, WHO SHE JUST VOTED FOR, TO SAVE HER?
1. I voted for Pooky because I figured if he saw an Ibby vote he would stop lurking. Hey, look! I was right!
2. You know my relationship with Pooky so this is you just blowing hot air and attempting to sway people who don't.
3. I did not call on Pooky to save me. That is a clear misrepresentation of what happened. However, I couldn't figure out why Pooks would lurk through such severe attacks on me because it isn't like him. (See point 2) I even stated what I was thinking in regards to it. - Does Pooks think I'm scum, is Pooks scum himself, etc.
4. Do you think he got the title "Pooky got your back' for nothing?

Oh and by the way, this entire thing once again is you appearing thoroughly convinced that I am scum, but yet once again, you want to vote for someone else. Your case against Pooky and STD is severely lacking in comparison to your case against me so I still haven't figured out why you are not voting me unless you don't actually believe the shit you're spewing.

Now onto your defense of the questions I had about your own behavior. I don't believe your responses in Post 980. Nice attempt to sweep your own actions under the rug though. You completely ignored the bandwagon and voted someone else in what looks like an attempt to deflect attention away from a bandwagon on scum. Here you hammer me for not responding immediately to bluemonick's 'scumbuddy nab' thing but you're A-OK to ignore his entire bandwagon the day before? Yeah, whatever.

You still haven't explained your votes on Harry Potter and BJ yesterday. It's nice that you don't feel that they warrant the same scrutiny as my votes. Especially, since it was clearly opportunistic bandwagonning on your part. At least I gave reasons for my votes. Where are yours again?

And it's nice to see that you don't deny downplaying the possibility of Fuldu being who bluemonick was referring to. Why don't you ask him the same questions as me in regards to why he didn't address it immediately? More than one person has given an opinion that they felt he was a likely candidate. How come you're letting him off the hook, hmm? For that matter, why not question anyone else on that bandwagon? Or Yosarian who you appear to think is an equally possible candidate. Oh right, because you're too busy trying to paint me as scum without voting for me. Got it.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:27 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Hey everyone! I got through it all by neglecting my english homework! Maybe I should bring random allusions to this game up in class.

Professor: How does Ovid use metamorphoses in this story? Yes, Jeff?
STD: I think he's saying that mathcam is clearly scum.
Max wrote:we're 3 from lynch does bluemonick realise that
Should, under closer inspection, be read as:
Max wrote:us n00bs got to stick together even if I don't know your alignment
and the following:
Max wrote:O.K now BMQ

dead wood any player that is not helpful

WHY AREN'T WE LYNCHING BJ :lol:

Bogre maybe you should listen to BJ and
vote Bogre
as then you can get lynched :D

YES ABOVE IS A REAL VOTE
should be:
Max wrote:Dude! Spamwise! You like eggs? Let's go egghunting sometime!
Although in Max's defence, he did do something right. But that's more me thinking he's smarter than he seems to be.

As for LML, when he said
LML wrote:
I think he meant it.

And before I continue...
Yaw wrote:I feel like I've been using the Buddy System -- it
never
fails!
hey look, there's two bodies at the bottom of the pool...

anyway...

The scumzors are:

Cesspit
Mathcam

less likely but still possible

Spectrumvoid
Pooky

People who are both scum and town (seriously, these people are scummy but have given me reason to believe they are town as well)

Yosarian
Ibaesha

CESSPIT

General play D1, then he kinda crawls in the shadows and pops out from time to time. His votes are oppurtunistic.

Also, on
two seperate occasions
, he votes viperscum and then quickly backs away.

MATHCAM

SpamWise wrote:I can vouch that the office of Jack Johnson is pro-town
Did anyone else notice this besides mathcam? Upon my reread I noticed it and was going to point it out, but it seems to have slipped through. But mathcam picks it up and tosses it aside. You are a smooth one, mathcam.

I also don't like how you keep moving around.

SPECTRUMVOID

I'm getting bad mojo from you, but if I really want to pursue you, I'll be sure to present something. There was something you did that I misinturpreted throughout the game, and when I double checked it was something different, so it might be from that.

POOKY

telling people you have a hidden camera filming them doesn't make it candid anymore. If you noticed anything while being Dr. House, I for one would like to hear it.

YOSARIAN

Yosarian2 wrote:I was origionally Jack Xavier. I was basically a vanillia townie, as (to paraphrase) the office was empty of things other the office furnature.

Now, after my office was bombed, I am a townie of indeterminate name.
Yosarian2 wrote:If someone with an item dies, does that item go to somewhere else, or is it just lost?
Plz explain how you knew about items if you didn't have one.

IBBY

ibaesha wrote:(AND I AM SICK TO DEATH OF PLAYSTYLE EXCUSES)
ibaesha wrote: Pooky: Pooky lurks - he does it more as town than scum. He was also on bluemonick's lynch and he hates bussing so he got points for that.
With all that,
Vote: Mathcam
and
FOS all you others
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 am

Post by ibaesha »

Just one thing:

Yes, I am sick to death of playstyle excuses. This is as it applies to people like BJ, I-J and others who say 'that's just how I play' whenever they're pressured. However, I also metagame quite a bit and will always take that into consideration when looking over someone's behavior. I may not like when people use playstyle as a reason to be idiotic or unhelpful, but it doesn't mean that I completely dismiss it either. I'm just simply tired of it. BJ's behavior and subsequent lynch (as town) is exactly why I'm tired of it. It was harmful to the town because he was a townie who was lynched. It's further harmful because it's caused me to come under fire and increased the possibility of me being lynched. Therefore we lose two townies for the price of one, just because BJ wants to say 'That's how I am, tough.' instead of actually defending himself.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:53 am

Post by ibaesha »

Ibby wrote:Therefore we lose two townies for the price of one, just because BJ wants to say 'That's how I am, tough.' instead of actually defending himself.
This is bad wording so I'll address it now. It should say: We not only lose one townie, but two and all because BJ refused to defend himself.
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:20 am

Post by Uraj45 »

[quote = "MrBudyLee"]
Are "posts are of no value" and "spouting BS" what you'd consider to be good reasons for a vote?
[/quote]

Yes, actually.

I love answering rhetorical questions.

In a game where the scum's number one tool is craplogic, it hardly seems unreasonable to vote someone who's shoveling loads of just that.

The vast majority of your posts recently have consisted of poorly constructed attacks. Such actions can, under certain circumstances, be forgiven due to newbishness, but you look like a newbie to me. You look like someone who should know better than to believe the things that you have said.

Unvote Spectrumvoid
And my apologies for mistaking your gender.

I've been torn. Despite my observations I've been hesitant to vote for MBL. Mostly, I haven't been aware of the source of my hesitation, but I've come to realize that the primary reason has been Cam's reluctance to vote for him. While it's true that I have generally agreed with a lot of what Cam has said this game, I can attribute the fact that I've allowed his reluctance to hold my vote more to my unfortunate tendancy to give too much trust to those whom I know and respect.

Vote: MBL

I believe you're scum. I'm going withthat.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:22 am

Post by ibaesha »

Why I don't think spectrumvoid is scum:
spectrumvoid wrote:Basically BJ's comment that his pm says his pro-town shows that he's lying. My PM doesn't state my alignment. So his lying about his pm, which may mean that he's scum.
She was the first person to make this statement. It is a true statement that pro-town PMs do not state alignment. While others echo'd this statement (including myself), the fact that she said it first makes her the most believable of them all. Despite some behavior from her here and there that I've found suspicious, I can't really believe she's scum due to this.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:00 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

MrBuddyLee (4): Fuldu, ibaesha, Harry_Potter, Uraj45
Save The Dragons (2): Yosarian2, mathcam
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
ibaesha (1): Coron
TheCesspit (1): Mastermind of Sin
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
mathcam (1): Save The Dragons

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear, armlx

8 to lynch
Success breeds suspicion
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Save The Dragons wrote:
YOSARIAN

Yosarian2 wrote:I was origionally Jack Xavier. I was basically a vanillia townie, as (to paraphrase) the office was empty of things other the office furnature.

Now, after my office was bombed, I am a townie of indeterminate name.
Yosarian2 wrote:If someone with an item dies, does that item go to somewhere else, or is it just lost?
Plz explain how you knew about items if you didn't have one.
It's clear, from the mod's discription of the game, from the first mod post, and from my own PM, that your abilities are based on the items in your office.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:44 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Update:

Two more stated reasons for voting MBL. Fuldu's, which I missed cause it was a week or so ago:
Fuldu wrote:MrBuddyLee has spent the entire game complaining about lurkers, player apathy, and the incoherence of everyone else's arguments without bothering to offer any real substance of his own, I'm increasingly convinced that he's scum.
Looks like a decent reason on its face, but ultimately it's not anything more than a shoddy lurker lynch. "MBL demands better from people but doesn't deliver, so he's a hypocrite and therefore scum." Pretty weak, but the best of the four reasons currently on my wagon.
Harry_Potter wrote:You know, the more I read over his posts, the more I think that MBL is scum trying to lead the town.
vote Mr Buddy Lee
Harry_Potter wrote:MBL is trying to mistate Ibby's case against him. I read it over and I feel there was more there than voting him for not voting her.
Actually, Harry, her 98th post states her reasons for voting me, and that's all there is. She's pitching a bizarre fit because I'm prodding at her but won't vote for her. She's since listed more reasons, but that was the stated reason at the time, and her vote should be viewed in that light. As suspect.

Ibby:
You and I are going to have to agree to disagree here. I think your behavior has been exquisitely bizarre in this game, particularly your demanding that I vote for you, your vote/appeals to Pooky and asking me to answer questions and then telling me you're tired of hearing the same answer over and over again. Note I didn't go after you for offing BJ, cause I think it made sense. I am not willy-nilly out to get you, I am bringing legitimate observations to light. And yeah, you act fairly scummy, especially that Pooky stuff. I don't think I've ever played with the two of you before, but when MoS cozied up to Pooks in my first big game, I called him out on it. Nothing's changed, and I'll call you out on it too, cause it's weird.

I agree I haven't played the cleanest game, but something just clicked D4 after we killed BJ and I looked at the state of the game and said DAMN THIS SUCKS. So I'll try not to get lynched, but more importantly I want to be right about who the scum are. The people voting for me are doing so for pretty crappy reasons, but it's heartening to see that a few have the right read. Unfortunately, a few of those are people I think may be scum. :(
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:17 am

Post by ibaesha »

I haven't been bizarre. I have been bitchy, overreactive, explosive and highly defensive. As for demanding you vote for me. Here's the thing. Pushing a strong case against someone, while voting someone else based on a weaker case is flat out scummy. You're doing it pretty blatantly and it involves me so you're damn right I'm going to call you on it. I know you didn't go after me about BJ, but you're going after me for something that there is no defense that you will accept.

I have not asked you to answer questions over and over, nor said I was tired of hearing the same answer. That is a clear misrepresentation of what I have said. You have asked me the same question over and over and I have answered it every single time. I am tired of answering it and refuse to do so anymore.

You do, however, still fail to answer some of my questions except to say 'Yeah, I sucked the first three days, but hey, don't look at me, I thought the town was in good hands'. This is a bullshit answer and there's never an excuse to expect other people to catch the scum while you're being lazy. It's still funny that you dare to call other people lazy and apathetic when you're guilty of that same crime yourself when we consider the first three days. Once again, explain your opportunistic bandwagon votes on Harry Potter and BJ yesterday. You claimed the Harry Potter wagon was opportunistic, why did you join it?

As far as the Pooky thing, you had -already- made posts that focused on me being scum. You had already pushed me hard, so acting like you suddenly find me scummy for -that- is silly. You can add it to your other suspicions but don't act like you suddenly decided I was scummy when I did that. It's weird? Sure, maybe. I don't really care. I can be cuddly about Pooky all I want and you can't stop me. (Enter STD: Playstyle excuse? hahaha :P)
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:08 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

ibaesha wrote:Pushing a strong case against someone, while voting someone else based on a weaker case is flat out scummy.

Once again, explain your opportunistic bandwagon votes on Harry Potter and BJ yesterday. You claimed the Harry Potter wagon was opportunistic, why did you join it?

As far as the Pooky thing, you had -already- made posts that focused on me being scum. You had already pushed me hard, so acting like you suddenly find me scummy for -that- is silly. You can add it to your other suspicions but don't act like you suddenly decided I was scummy when I did that.
1. I think the cases against Pooky and Max/LML/STD are stronger, and I've made that very clear. Since neither was posting, it's not like I could have a conversation with them about it, so I've been prodding the next few in line ABOUT them. Including you, cam, Yos, Uraj/Kurtz, Fuldu. You get more follow-up questions because your responses have been the most curious.

Harry_Potter wrote:@Baby Jesus- you jump all over with your votes every game is true, but normally your votes start out looking random and then ending up serving a purpose. Your voting here just doesn't have that flavor. The more I look at how things happened,
the more positive I am that you are the scum buddy bluemonick was talking about

confirm vote Baby Jesus
That's my explanation for my Harry vote. Harry was COMPLETELY wrong there, particularly the bolded part, since BJ was the
10th
vote on bluemonick, made NO other comment on bluemonick, and thus it's unfathomable that Harry thought BJ was the scumpartner bluemonick said "nabbed" him. Simply not fathomable. Harry was either terribly careless town there or lazy scum inventing a TERRIBLE reason to pile on.

And my BJ vote was because of what spectrumvoid pointed out about the PMs, which was very valid.

3. I found you scummy for your actions before, and I find your Pooky vote/appeal scummier.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:22 am

Post by Fuldu »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Looks like a decent reason on its face, but ultimately it's not anything more than a shoddy lurker lynch. "MBL demands better from people but doesn't deliver, so he's a hypocrite and therefore scum." Pretty weak, but the best of the four reasons currently on my wagon.
If you look, though, you'll notice a marked difference in the quality of MBL posts from before my vote/post to which he's referring and those after. Partly this has been in response to his ongoing argument with ibaesha, but the uptick in content began before ibaesha started pushing him. So, not that this was the primary intent of the post, my targeted attempt to improve the value of discourse from those I consider suspicious has proven substantially more effective than any of MBL's repeated listing of people he thinks are lurking.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:23 am

Post by ibaesha »

MBL wrote:1. I think the cases against Pooky and Max/LML/STD are stronger, and I've made that very clear.
No you haven't. Not to me. Oh you might say you find them scummier, but you've been pushing me far harder. Your actions do not show that you think your case against them is stronger than your case against me. I get full-blown lengthy posts dedicated to me. You just say you think they're lurkerscum that wanted to off bluemonick because they must be from the opposting scumteam. That's it.

For the record, I considered BJ to be a candidate for having bussed bluemonick and possibly the one who 'nabbed' him, so I actually don't believe it's unfathomable that Harry Potter would think that. A point could be made that he may have been parrotting me when he said that though.

Also, My not addressing the bluemonick thing immediately day 3 is your opinion of what you felt I should do. The fact that I did not do it doesn't make me scum. If you think that your floating through the game, jumping on bandwagons without giving a reason is something that's fine for you to do, why are you holding my behavior to such a higher standard? I sure as hell don't think that you should've played the first three days the way you did if you are town. And in fact, my pressuring you early on day 2 was -because- I felt if you were town, that you damn well better get your ass into the game and start helping to catch scum. It comes out of respect of you as a player. Maybe if you had responded to that pressure, we wouldn't be where we are now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”