Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Legacy (Game Over)

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by mykonian »

In post 3145, mykonian wrote:why would he do it as
town.
scum

That's what would make it relevant. Now you are just arguing some inane point just to show how MoI you are.

And dear dragon, please keep the language down. It's a social game after all. Lets be social, shall we?

corrected
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

@Mastin- You can have it. Maybe later tonight after the Girl Scout Christmas party, or tomorrow. If I get all quotey, then this weekend.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 3125, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
While the last remaining options is far from my first choice the fact that you call players like Nero (when his whole "MoI knew I was out of shots" flailing is clearly not from a Town perspective) and jasonT (who is playing much more to his scum meta of staying out of the fucking limelight - see the recently ended Dresden files where JasonT Town stuck his nose right out there Day 1) Town indicates of all the options presented it is the best one.

I seriously contest this, Dresden files was near enuf the same activity level from me as it is here. But I am conceding the point about neighbor/PGO

unvote

vote:Zab
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3097, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Cheery Dog
– So what exactly do you want from my posts that would make you want to lynch my scum suspects (Mykonian, Zab, Nero, jasonT)?

Wait mastin wasn't part of your scum reads, even though you went on and on about him not doing the challenge you issued him, he was the main person I thought you were pushing as a suspect within the posts I was talking about. Why your posts weren't convincing me that you would be a good person to sheep is those repeated pleas about Mastin being challenged. Now I see you've listed him as a null leaning town and that you've dropped reminding him about the challenge in every post and it just doesn't seem to make sense.

In post 3111, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 3109, mykonian wrote:good

reading is good

and much harder then posting in this game.

I like you. You and mastin aren't sharing a QT this game are you?

Weren't you accusing myk of being scum yesterday and now you're liking him, which I believe you now believe he is town, what happened?

In post 3134, PeregrineV wrote:
They are only towntells if you are town.
That doesn't explain how they are towntells.

In post 3084, Cheery Dog wrote:Sharing thinking is a worse tell than the 'scum tell' of people talking to their scum reads as if they were town which was happening yesterday.
I think conflicting motivation (trying to appear to be scumhunting and trying to not actually catch scum) is pretty reliable as a scum tell.

I don't believe those two things are the same thing, but then that's a personal theory (and without actually looking at the posts in detail about which it occurred (since I didn't actually pay attention to it happening, just people attacking for it), there's also possible town motivation of doing it when asking your suspects questions as if they were town because you may have been having doubts)

True, but I didn't ask leading questions and they provided the answer I wanted to here. They posted either the question I was asking in my head, or made the points I had in my head.
Similar mindset that I wouldn't have as scum is pretty strong for me.

I'm not aware of me doing that in either of the cases where that has been used for a town tell towards me either.

Spoiler: where this has happened to me
In Futurama Mafia QT, Piggygal15 wrote:
Hm... I'm not sure who I'm going to do during the day, however I'm not going to push Cherry Dog's lynch. It just doesn't work with my play style. Since he literally does have my exact same mind set
and I believe it was mostly from how she played with her first post after replacing in. (not sure how much was from me getting into a post fight with another town member)
In post 467, Zaicon wrote:I also agreed with Post 57 completely, which is mainly what I was referring to when I said you had the same reads as me early in the game.
Zaicon did at least give other reasons for me being town besides it though

VOTE: PerevingeV

and since I failed to quote Mastin's posts (use of the back button and multiquote still being valid without showing it) when I was reading through what had been posted while I was asleep, I shall be back to go find them again to give them their required response.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Kise »

I'm still reading from page 124 but lemme poop this big wall on yall

In post 3086, mykonian wrote:
In post 2998, Kise wrote:Oh so Nero recruited Thor? Gee we shouldn't think he's scum now. Scum would never kill someone they wasted a neighborize on right? :roll:

Very much so. Why do you doubt this Kise?

I was being sarcastic.

In post 3095, mastin2 wrote:1: What happened to your read on Khan?
It fell off around the time I quipped "inb4 scum killed Kise to frame Khan. KK probtown," and I said that jokingly with the hope it'd keep us both alive (assuming he was town then) so scum could see us fight another day. For the most part, and in order to not hurt either of us, I will say my townread is hint based. When day 3 came around, we both dropped it, so I took that to mean
hint acknowledged
. Khan had plenty of you that would lynch me, so if he's scum, I would think he'd take advantage of that rather than walking away as we did.

A while back, you offered to 1V1 him, yet now, you've pretty much completely dropped that, in favor of...
2: Nero. You've been doubting his role, but you have my word that it works exactly the way he says it does. So do you still think he's scum because of his role, or is it because of more than that? Do you have more reasons to think he's scum than what he's said?
I had a townread on him for the longest. The first time I thought to reconsider was when he was telling Tammy in the QT that jason may be right about me lurking as a scum tactic - I should point out that that same phase, I mentioned scum would be lurking after having their roleblocker daykilled. I didn't begin to "lurk" until the last week or so of day 1. The thing is, I literally spoke to Nero the day before signing up for this game. He asked why I stopped playing mafia and I told him I wouldn't devote enough time to it. But, I popped online the next day, saw he signed up for this and said why not, so I joined. I feel Nero should know I wasn't lurking as a scum thing, but the way he was playing Tammy in the QT made me pause.

The reason I think he's a mafia neighborizer is due to apparently being unblockable. I figure a mafia roleblocker would need to be useful by blocking threats, and so far we can only say those threats are doc, cop and perhaps messenger. Even if his claim of Hal Otacon makes sense for the ability given, that doesn't mean Hal is town. I'm Draco Malfoy and I'm town sided. We don't know the story behind this mash-up theme, so only the mods know how pappum decided on these characters.

3: For that matter, I've seen you focusing your reads on specific players. (Mainly suspects, not so much town.) Why are you focusing only on specific people, rather than on people as a whole?
I thought I gave great reasons to suspect myk but the wagon is small. Some think zab is scum and I don't agree with that....this is stupid for me to say but I think he's the messenger. Everyone is divided and we're all too stubborn to give anyone else's case a chance. My style isn't to keep hammering the same points over again and again. At the moment, I have nothing additional to press against myk or Nero other than what I've gone over earlier. As for PV, I would like to be the one to give him attention since he's still coasting around everyone else 2 months later.

4: So basically, (this is getting a little repetitive :P) I want you to give me your rundown, on all your suspects and all your townreads, along with the reasons why. I need to see your stances crystal clearly for there to be any chance of you moving outside of my suspect list, 'cause you're currently second-strongest under MoI.
3. zabriel - didn't jump on him THAT much day 1, and I decided he was town around day 3 I believe when I began feeling he may be the messenger.

4. Shahrizai / mykonian - This. Then this.

6. Cybertronix / mastin2 - I think you're town who really really wants to lynch his suspects, even at the cost of giving someone as scummy as myk a pass in order to have their vote. I didn't care for the way you've ignored some of my posts so I semi-ignore you in return, hence the infrequent antagonizing.

8. PeregrineV - Mid-tier scum. There's been 3-4 accounts where he's dodged my questions and I've had to bring them back up. He's one of the people I've said would be lurking due to the mafia roleblocker being shot so early in the game. He says things like "Melmond is town, everyone voting him is suspect" and then drops it. He votes WC last phase after quoting something Benmage said; too sheepy for someone who hasn't given this game a great deal of his own input. The only reason he's not top priority is because he barely talks, and other suspects have taken the spotlight.

9. Amrun / pidgey - The last time I mentioned him, I quoted what he said that gave me all sorts of town heebeegeebees (refer to the link on myk). So much kleenex used to clean the keyboard that day.

10. Acosmist - Until this very second, I was outguessing the shit out of the mod. I said a town killing role would be nice to combat the SK and however many scum there are - still considering that a strongman kill may have been used on Ben - so I wanted to believe he was town off that, and not from his play. Now I'm wondering how the mod would balance a town PGO considering the mafia may have also been killed every day by the SK, and a bulletproof scum wouldn't be enough. On the other hand, what perks did the SK have to survive, seeing as how she could be found guilty? Aco isn't an immediate concern of mine...meh, I don't think in my heart I feel he's a concern at all.

11. Zoroaster / MagnaofIllusion - Say what you want but the way he handled posts from you, Ben, myk, Els and whoever else has been very prompt. Very quick - very natural, and I like that. I think he is countering everyone and no one is countering him back in a way that condemns him. All the references and the links posted, MoI looks good in the end. Zoroaster was on the fence at the start of the game, and at that time I was still reading snifit and AP as scumbuds, so Zor was out of sight anyway.

12. Yates - He gave off some Godfather vibes. I put him as probtown last phase because through it all, he hasn't slipped up (well, he slipped up with Aco) or done any commanding. He's not super town, but he at least comments on people I think are scum without defending them.

14. I Am Innocent / AngryPidgeon - Here.

16. jasonT1981 - Never thought he was scum but it's fun to throw his hypocritical inconsistencies back at him.

17. snifit / Cheery Dog - I thought he was town during the Els wagoning. Els was town tho, so...I had snifit as scum for the longest. Cheery isn't town to me. As much as I'd rather see myk taken care of, I may be on board with this lynch.

19. Kublai Khan - Said my piece earlier.

21. Nero Cain - He'd be town based off reads. He's scum based on outguessing the mod/balance/why the heck can't he be roleblocked/why is he acting like I don't believe he can neighbor people/why playing dumb. I'll admit it's a bit worrying we don't have any more investigators coming forth with results to make this easier, but I know Faraday gives great role ideas when he reviews so I'm still expecting some good PRs are out there that we haven't thought of yet.

5: Also, why is your activity as low as it is?
The town-Kise I knew years ago was one of the most frequent posters in the game, posting almost every day with thought after thought after thought.
Yes, it's an out-of-date meta, but I still want to know what changed to make your posting be sporadic and infrequent; I can tell you right here and now it was not a change for the better.
I remember the days of being #2 highest poster, right under zwet. Fun times, fun times. But going back to what I told Nero before signing up, I'm splitting my time between songwriting, composing, this, doing stuff around the house, shopping, and sometimes I'll play a game if there's new content.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28930183#history

If you check the bottom of my match history, you'll see I go away for weeks at a time without playing, and that game is as addicting as Starbucks. Myk is on it every day. It's crack, as him!

I'll post as much as I can, but I won't go over what's already been settled. I might say a small line because I don't expect to return to walls upon walls of replies. I get enough of that reading you and MoI!
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3089, mastin2 wrote:
"Hey! I'm obvtown. I can take control of this town!"

Nice to know you think this about yourself, but while it's more probable you are town, I don't think anyone will be going as far to call it obvtowniness.

All you've done in these posts is pretty much just ask everyone to give a list of their reads, I seriously don't see how that gives you control of the town. (or be obvtown)

In post 3093, mastin2 wrote:
You're not being very active here, and I KNOW for a FACT that you can (and have) been active in the past. Why are you not paying much attention to this game?

Other than not reading the start, I have been paying attention to this game. You can do whatever you like about the one prod I've had, but I'm still well aware of the current happening in this game. (which have been large wall wars and other stuff which isn't easy to be able to respond towards)
Furthermore, you've replaced into a bit of a hot seat. Though it hasn't been pushed very hard, many key players have had you on their suspect lists--what do you have to say about that?
Being somewhere in people's suspect lists happens a lot to me, I find this seat to be at room temperature. If they want to push hard then it can be a problem, but since nobody is, I'm not concerned with how people are viewing me.
More than that, how much of the game have you read? I realize that it's a long game, but you've had, what, almost a month to read it? There's no excuse for not having done so. (Just checked--two weeks, actually.)
Even reading less than ten pages a day, you could have (and should have) finished reading it, yet I don't seem to recall you giving an update on that. Have you read it all, and if not, why?
No I haven't read anything seriously from before I repleaced in (I did read some of the early pages yesterday, which was actually just a skim and a few pages when it had first started, but nothing that lodged in my mind, if the rest of the game is anything like the current state (which I assume it is), I'm not going to get anything out of reading it other than being annoyed at reading it, I don't see the need to have gone through all those pages.
Why aren't you voting anyone, either?
Because I unvoted, duh. (well I am voting now since between you asking this and me replying, but I wanted to check my thoughts on PV before voting him.
And who, exactly, do you suspect? Like with the others, I want the why as well.

I'm working on finding that out myself, while you can so say "read the thread, you'll do it quicker" or whatever, that's not going to happen. You'll see how well I go with finding who I want to suspect as we progress onwards, I'm not going to give you a complete reads list here because I don't have one. When I do get more suspects I'll be saying why they are suspect when they come up.
(though I haven't actually stated that I find Aco probtown now after unvoting him, maybe I better do that now, reasoning is the PGO claim and the research I did via google of what foxdie actually was; +/- meta of a scum game (doctor who) and a town game (futurama) of his I've seen. (but I'm not holding those that strongly)
Don't think you can get away from this game by lurking, because I'm not letting you go any time soon. I want answers from you, and if you don't step up your game, then you're a great candidate for lynching.
I'm not going to lurk, nor to I believe I have been lurking, but I have my own mind for what lurking construes.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Kise »

In post 3133, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 3082, Kise wrote:Ben's suspicion, not yours. got it. At least now you know that meta on WC isn't reliable.

Still wondering how you arrived at Ben having a result, considering the timeline of events.

I didn't think he had a result at all. I thought you were either derping, trying to confuse/insinuate to others that Ben had a guilty on WC, or both.

In post 3137, mykonian wrote:
and stop bolding your posts tyvm. Makes you damn hard to read without gaining a migraine

woop

Caught up. Playerlist is divided good enough to make a sequel to West Side Story. Certain people don't want to lynch so-and-so because so-and-so won't lynch them, but will lynch similar 'suspects'. Do we have any odd men out that 8 of us can agree to lynch, or are we doomed to these cliques?

myk, Cheery, PV, and zab if I was just being stupid for thinking he was something else. Do 7 of you agree to lynch any number of these men at the time?

Moi, Mastin, I'm on my death bed. I call make a wish and tell them I want you two to find a common enemy and not let scum tip toe around your battle. What do you do?

Yet…
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3132, PeregrineV wrote:I don't see a point to having Acomist tested.
But, if you insist, and Nero claims to be out of shots, and you don't want the messenger to claim, who is going to test Acomist?

I suggested that the messenger do it. And the point would be to have a MOD CONFIRMED NK-IMMUNE TOWNIE. WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT. Or if hes scum then hes scum. Great!

ITs functionally equivalent to a useless PR using their PR as a 1-shot hide on someone. (Except they die if hes town, but same idea). And we are in EVENS so that hide doesnt cost us a lynch if Acosmist is town. Ill take Hider over Neighborizer ANY day.

In post 3132, PeregrineV wrote:Was he scum or town in Switchboard?

Town. Im saying MoI making plans is just a personality thing. I dont honestly expect it to be a good alignment indicator. And keeping Tammy alive / killing Tammy is hardly comparable to making a huge plan. Its just mafai theory. And MoI refusing to back down about his Tammy opinion and on leashing SKs is a very strong tell that he believes what he is saying (independent of alignment).

In post 3134, PeregrineV wrote:They are only towntells if you are town.

What?

In post 3134, PeregrineV wrote:I think conflicting motivation (trying to appear to be scumhunting and trying to not actually catch scum) is pretty reliable as a scum tell.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Ok here is why MoI is town. His recent rampage is leaking towntells all over the goddamn thread. Unless he is faking all that shit about being pissed at Mykonian (hes not, and Ive never seen him this mad) then hes obviously town. And like I said, I flat-out disagree with all the points being made against him (and have said that constantly all game). Chiefly mastin saying he is construing because its not provable and its just MoI's playstyle. Also MoI being scummy for pushing people who haven't flipped / Elscouta. I shouldnt even need to explain why. And his stream of thought is just easy to follow. It makes sense. and he is actively trying to rally support for his wagons instead of just blowing smoke. Mastin is just blowing smoke.

In post 3141, PeregrineV wrote:1. My point is that Tammy-SK was different. It was out in the open, during the day, confirmable, and controllable. Just like all of our Zombie role claims.

So? If I tell you that I think guns should be legal and you believe in regulating them, does that make me scum? Or just someone with a different opinion? Ok so we are talking about shotguns now instead of handguns. Same fucking difference.

In post 3143, mykonian wrote:Not a counterwagon at all. Mine simply didn't launch and the same people hopped onto the next and did manage to get that completed. That's the weirdest thing isn't it? The reason every single one of you could have known els was a bad lynch: there was literally no attempt at a counterwagon. None.

And this shit is why you are scum. Trying to subtly prove you are town by saying that the elscouta wagon was literally the same as yours and therefore you and Elscouta share the same alignment.

@MoI: Your Nero post is good, but I think a lot of people are assuming Nero may just be derp and not scum. Because his argument against you was really derp.

In post 3153, Cheery Dog wrote:Weren't you accusing myk of being scum yesterday and now you're liking him, which I believe you now believe he is town, what happened?

Im moderately disappointed at Mastin for posting a shitload of generic questions to ppl whilst refusing to catch up first

Mykonian replied sarcastically to Mastin basically saying the same thing: "Why are you posting all of this when you havent read the thread?"

But I crossed out the above statement because Mastin is not town and I wont be nearly as disappointed at him when flips accordingly. Mykonian could easily be a mastin buddy for the distancing there w/o actually making a case on him or pressuring him.

Kise's point about MoI-town is spot on.

@Kise: Im 100% down for a PV lynch. VOTE: Peregrine V
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay, this game is giving me a headache trying to keep up.

Let me get things straight. Nero Cain is a neighborizer who is 3-shot. Can neighborizer multiple people a night, instantaneously, but suddenly is out of shots when the idea to target the PGO (who doesn't kill instantaneously) emerges.

@Nero Cain - Why didn't you come up with a plan to target Acosmist/someone else on Night 1? Surely you recognize that your ability is basically useless unless you can use it to confirm someone nigh-unnightkillable with your death, right? Why waste it on random people? Why use up two last night?

Speaking of Acosmist, why is AngryPidgeon obsessed with him? He has repeated listed Acosmist as town (421, 508, 667, 1162, 1839, 2218) yet he constantly asks a variety of other people for their reads on Acosmist (943, 1568, 1590, 1668, 1674, 1803, 2336, 2337, 2395, 2448, 2524). Why ask for people's reads on someone you have a town read on?

He never lists a reason why he thinks Acosmist is town aside from his claim (667) but doesn't seem to care that the claim is iffy (2446) and even says he'd support a policy lynch of Acosmist (1162) and admits that Acosmist has been useless (408, 2722) but he's repeatedly attacked anyone else who suggests it (943, 1661, 1666, 2395, 2524).

When the Tammy wagon stagnated, AngryPidgeon was willing to vote Kise (1480) and WrathChild (1921, 2162). But when Acosmist was the leading counter-wagon, he dug in his heels the most and argued that Tammy must be the lynch of that day (too numerous to mention) despite the fact that after thAdmiral was killed, he was one of the ones arguing to leash Tammy (1433, 1461).

Bonus: The only time that AngryPidgeon directly addresses Acosmist about anything prior to today is here:
In post 2587, AngryPidgeon wrote:Acosmist, you should help us lynch Elscouta.

To which Acosmist does (2703) for no listed reason. Prior to that the only time that Acosmists mentions Elscouta was to call him useless for not reading/responding to MagnaofIllusion's bad case.

Now today, AngryPidgeon finally wants to test Acosmists' claim by sending either the neighborizer or the messenger to target Acosmist. Why not earlier?

Can I finally get some support for this?
VOTE: AngryPidgeon

Also, I know nobody cares because Elscouta was lynched and it's all old news and all. But he made some good points on AngryPidgeon (2646, 2677) that were mostly ignored because he was being wagoned.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 am

Post by Acosmist »

I would like to congratulate zabriel on his victory

might be busy when it actually happens, just wanted to get that out there
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I could support AP lynch today, I would much rather lynch Zab though.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:38 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 3160, jasonT1981 wrote:I could support AP lynch today, I would much rather lynch Zab though.

Is that the case that AngryPidgeon is pushing? He better have a word with AngryPidgeon then.

In post 433, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 271, Benmage wrote:@zabriel Sometimes mods will not include main characters (I know crazy). And also sometimes they won't include them, BUT they will give them to scum as SAFECLAIMS.

This makes Zabriel town though, no? I mean as long as were giving jason town points for slipping :wink: . Except Zabriel is too new to likely be pulling a BS stunt.

FoS Kublai Khan
for his Zabriel case. Nope. For someone willing to give townpoints to jason for slipping, you don't see Zabriel's misunderstanding of safe claims to be townie? Especially considering hes not likely to be "purposely town slipping". Nope. And more nope. And a token 'why' tossed to Thadmiral about why he thinks the Zabriel wagon is shit.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Dude that was like 90+ pages ago. And you restated all my logic for having a useless PR be used as a Hider on acosmist.

My change of opinion on Tammy had nothing to do with who was being wagoned.

And yes, Acosmist did deserve a PL at one point for lurking and posting a bunch of useless crap. Not for his claim.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3158, Kublai Khan wrote:Now today, AngryPidgeon finally wants to test Acosmists' claim by sending either the neighborizer or the messenger to target Acosmist. Why not earlier?

Didn't occur to me I guess. And why does that matter? I'm shoving the plan through today more than anyone.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 am

Post by mastin2 »

Mod:
As a note, I'll be V/LA over the weekend as normal. (Yes, I realize the parallels between MoI's activity and mine are uncanny. :P)

...Actually, let's extend that a bit further.

Mod:
Note that the holidays are coming up, and I often go LA two weeks before Christmas preparing for the V.
AKA, next week.

So, uh, let's just say,
V/LA (major, but short term) over weekend.
V/LA (minor, but long term) until 2013.

I shouldn't have to replace out, since I can probably maintain a decent level of access before and after vacation, and I know that when ON vacation, I can. (Albeit only during a certain window of the day and at dial-up speeds which are ungodly slow, so being ninja'd will be an issue. :P) But it's not going to be even close to every day.

Anyway, reading 125-127.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am

Post by mastin2 »

MoI wrote:Why do you think Zabriel is Town Mastin (other than "Lulz you think he is scum")? I'd really like to see your support for the stance.
Honestly, I don't really remember. If I'd have to guess, it'd be something to do with his play reminding me of town games I've seen, and/or something about his iso looking genuine and his stances good, but I'd have to get back to you on that.

Do note, though, that of all the players we could mislynch today, Zab's the one I'd least resist. I have no intention to join that wagon, but I'm not exactly going to try and stop it, either. :P

AP wrote:Why is pidgey a townread?
Putting this here because it's identical to zab. Any answer right now would be me BS'ing my best guess, since I really don't remember why he's a townread; he just is. :P
I think it had to do with how his posting--though seeming derp--had an air of being legitimate, making me think derp-town.

You've been advocating him as town as well, so why do you have an issue with me having a townread on him?

AP wrote:Calling PV a strong voice?
Quality, not quantity. His posting's sporadic, but he brings up excellent points in most of what he's posting, even if his consistently-behind-the-game is incredibly annoying.

(Also, dodging. I'm treating Nero like a mason-buddy. I'm synchronizing with his thoughts for the most part, and I can't see him as anything other than town.)

Skimmin' the walls and might see if there's more content in there worth responding to, but for now...

Kise wrote:Playerlist is divided good enough to make a sequel to West Side Story. Certain people don't want to lynch so-and-so because so-and-so won't lynch them, but will lynch similar 'suspects'. Do we have any odd men out that 8 of us can agree to lynch, or are we doomed to these cliques?
Funny, I seem to recall me suggesting something like this a couple pages back...ohright, 'cause that's what the whole point of my spamposting was, to coordinate our reads. :P

Kise wrote:Moi, Mastin, I'm on my death bed. I call make a wish and tell them I want you two to find a common enemy and not let scum tip toe around your battle. What do you do?
I get him to stop focusing on myk and Nero (who are both town) and probably also on jason (who is still town). In exchange, I stop focusing on him and you (as you'd both be town here), and take that into consideration. We coordinate from there. It wouldn't be much of a base, but it would be one.
Also, we plan for me to end up dead before lylo, because I'd have backed out of my 1V1 despite having said multiple times that I'd never do that.

Also,
Vote: AngryPidgeon.

Note the lack of vote tags, since I'm not at all putting much stock into that read, but it's currently a better place than Kise is.

I can't believe I'm saying it (see also--I need to be dead before lylo for this :P), but there's a very real chance of quite a deal of my reads reversing. Kise's answers on a glance look good, and MoI's posts aren't screaming scum at me anymore.
I still think one of AP/Cheery Dog is scum, but I'm not sure if both are, but I don't think neither is. It's not much (I've got a looooooot of rereading to do), but it's all I've got right now.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, his stance on PV looks bad.
(*insert "FUCKYOUMASTIN RageHawk", the evolution of an "Angry Pidgeon" here* :P)
My academy.
Agnigi
pidgey
pidgey
Mafia Scum
pidgey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:39 am

Post by pidgey »

Im finished with my college stuff. I might be able to catch up either tonight or tomorrow. Sorry for being bad d3. Finally a civil engineer!
-----------------
Sup
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 3165, mastin2 wrote:You've been advocating him as town as well, so why do you have an issue with me having a townread on him?

I don't always blindly accept people's reads that synchronize with mine. IIRC, pidgey was shoving the Tammy wagon and in your lynch pool for that reason. And also MoI is scum for pressing Mykonian, so why not pidgey?

My pidgey read is mostly gut and his train of thought just reads genuine. And I know you garner reads differently than I do, so you listing pidgey as town is off. Nothing to do with my read on him.

P-edit...........Fuck you. Your stance on PV is bad. You are calling him a 'strong town voice' simply because he is drinking you/Nero Koolaid. He posted nothing meaningful almost all of Yesterday and he finally pops in to make a scummy catchup post. I dont care what his opinions are and whether or not you agree with them. Quoting Nero's wall of random crap and saying "I agree with most but not all of this" is bullshit and posturing. And you even admitted in you post to PV that YOU DONT KNOW WHERE HE STANDS. So why is he a strong town voice if you actually have to ask him for what his opinions are?

And PV is scummy as shit. His MoI push is just loosely sheeping your case w/o actually saying it and cluttering the thread with this argument that has already been repeated ad nauseum. Its posturing. And buddying to whichever of you/Nero is town. Hes ignoring my points about Nero/Messenger/Acosmist and just trying to look opinionated on the Acosmist matter.

His only serious content today was to argue theory with me. Push MoI for disagreeing with him on theory. And buddy the crap out of you/Nero. If you are town, wake the fuck up. PV is probably not town and hes been coasting like fuck all game. (Same can be said for Zab too, really. But at least Zab isn't actively trying to look like hes doing something.)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – Will be LA from today at 5:00pm EST until next Thursday. Have normal and holiday related family duties, a child with a recovering broken wrist, a borderline terminal cat this weekend. Also have a remote work assignment Monday through Wednesday that will also limit my posting.

I might get a chance to post some this weekend in the evenings. If I do it probably will be more "Synthesis of what I think" as opposed to "Respond to people" although PeregrineV will get my first salvo as I have some stuff to say to him.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by Yates »

Sorry guys - prod received - I've been unexpected LA for a bit.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by zabriel »

I find Aco's last very interesting. It would make me nervous if I weren't town and just a little disinterested in the game. I'm not really in a good position to say what it means. I don't think he's scum unless we're dealing with multiball, since he seems very confident. It's heavy-handed, but it doesn't actually seem engineered.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with Mastin right now. AP is making some good points about PV which deserve some attention, particularly points regarding posturing. I'd like to see what happens here.

VOTE: PV
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Zabriel just dropped a huge town tell. Abort the wagon. Abort the plan. Everyone get on PV.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Kise »

unvote; vote: PV

I'm vla too until PV is lynched.

Yet…
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by pappums rat »

bump
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”